Organizing 101/Jan- Family Room

I didn't get much done today, except organizing my paper stacker and scrapping some.

Here are my goals for tomorrow:

1. Do 30-40 exercise minutes.
2. Visit my kindergarten teacher (we visit every year, and tomorrow's the day)
3. Scrap at least 2 pages
4. Use my mom's tanning bed ;)
5. Dust living room
6. Survive work with being less negative!

Good luck tomorrow, everyone!

Rebecca, I didn't realize you were near Ft. Myers.. My DH's grandparents are in N. Ft. Myers.. WE love it down there!!! :)

My DH works in N Fort Myers. I am about 30 miles outside of Fort Myers in the center of the state. I do love Florida weather but I hate the city traffic. Today was only the 3rd time I had driven to Fort Myers alone and I have only driven with others 2 times. Normally I ride with DH or a friend into the city. We have lived here for 3 and 1/2 years.

List from yesterday:
Bank done, got Ds monies out, made deposit, and got money for DS18 college tuition :scared:
JC Penny for a return done, and bought a new scale...blech
Borders done
Office Max done, DS got his wireless keyboard

ALSO took DS to lunch, and started planning the Big Bday party for DH's Uncle who is going to be 95. We are the closest relatives, so it falls on us to make all the arrangements
I also got all the little ornies put in their drawers on the Advent Tree, so the post holiday clean up started
And got 3 loads done off the top of Mount Washmore

List for tomorrow:

DS starts back to school :banana:
Candles out of the windows
Start taking down tree
Retrun uniform gift (I already have 2 navy scrubs...)
Maybe hit ACMoore for swap items...

OH, and will walk on the treadmill

Ok, in looking at the list for the family room.. DH and I only have about 4 items to finish and we are done w/ that room.. He lost it with the suggestion of all family members helping for 5 minutes.. he wants me to let him know how that works for me! LOL
I hope to have the list accomplished tomorrow night and the family room complete!! Yeah!!!

1. go to the gym first thing Yikes, not done. But I did stick to my diet and I had tap class tonight
2. grocery shoppingdone
3. take Brooklynn to schooldone
4. if Molly is up to it, run to office max, michaels and bed bath and beyond (for new curtains) while Brooklynn is in school. If not, that will have to wait until Wed. couldn't. Molly wanted a nap instead
5. get the dirty laundry out of the living room and into the laundry room. done
6. Get clean laundry out of the living room and into the dressers.done

ETA: Forgot my list for tomorrow
1. Go to the Gym (for real this time)
2. Go to office max, linen's and things, home depot and michaels. Maybe to Best buy, bed bath and beyond and ac moore if LNT and Mikes doesn't have what I need
3. Sort out baskets and end table
4. Keep plugging away with the laundry
5. Finish up the dishes
6. Clean off dining room table

Okay, I am jumping in here with goals. I had a bunch yesterday, but the rain got in my way, so I will try today.

1. Fold laundry and start next loads.
2. Get DS to tennis camp (unless it rains).
3. Get DD to twirling lessons (unless it rains).
4. Pick up picutres at Walgreens.
5. Get DD new dance shoes.
6. Sign up for DD's new dance class.
7. Unpack from Disney trip (while watching marathon of America's Next Top Model).
8. Try to get homework started so it won't be a rush next week when school starts back.

Thanks for being so encouraging! I love making the list public so I feel accountable to someone!:thumbsup2

My house has been sparkly for three days now. I asked my DH, don't you like it? He says, "What, your not doing it for me, your doing it for your internet friends." I told him, you make me some toppers and I'll do it just for you.

Okay, from the list B&MB had, I just need to inventory equipment and go through DVDs. I even found a basket to hold our remotes & Xbox stuff. I was pretty sad that there was no money in my couch. But very happy there wasn't much under it. I've been doing better there.

So today,
take DS to school and pick up later
fold laundry and put away (yesterday's laundry is already put away :yay: )
call about jury duty at appointed time
grocery shop after taking DS to school
call preschool if jury duty because little bit will have to come with me
wash kitchen floor
(trees are down) take boxes to barn.

And start on my swaps if there is time.

That wasn't so bad! Items complete!
Declutter:
- Recycle old magazines, flyers, mail order catalogs. Sort the rest. Only have 5..for DS6 school work!
- Cull piles of photos- separate the good, the bad, and the ugly. Toss the bad. share duplicates with friends and family. Set aside the rest for now. No problem..photos are being organized in scraproom
- Go through CD's, videos, books. Create piles for keepers, loaner-returners, donation or resale. No problem..we had weeded prior to Thanksgiving!
- Paw through the stacks of games and toys; collect missing pieces and put them in appropriate boxes. Create stacks to donate, to toss, to store elsewhere and to keep in the family room. Donate what you can't use. like our 1000 different Monopoly games WE have a game cabinet in the basement so those items were already done there with the exception of the new ones for Christmas.. Just a few reminders to the kids and they are all stacked downstairs ready for the shelf to be dusted!
- Start inventory list of model and serial numbers for your TV, stereo, VCR, DVD player, etc., for your homeowners insurance. Inventory list made.. DH just needs to get the serial numbers done tonight!

Clean:
-Vacuum and clean floor, walls, bookshelves, entertainment centers, windowsills, mini blinds, and ceiling fans. DONE
- Dry clean or launder drapes, throws, and area rugs. If possible, switch sides when rehanging drapes to minimize sun damage. DONE
-Spot clean sofas; vacuum cushions and sofa base; flip and rotate cushions. Dig down the sides for lost coins Hey for those saving for big trips this is good and writing instruments and don't forget food -blech Cleaned..just a few items of wrappers.. uhm, lecture started!

Maintain:
-Choose a drawer or find a basket to hold remotes. Or attach infrequently used remotes to components with Velcro. basket by my side of the couch w/ controls in there!
-Buy acid free photo boxes or albums for pictures. Spend 1/2 an hour a week arranging albums. Obviously written before the scrapbook obsession took hold LOL not, scrapping instead!
- Designate a basket or box to hold on-load tapes, books, videos. Write return dates on the calendar. no returns/ going to library tonight.. maybe...
-Initiate weekly 5 minute cleanups with family members( ) to keep things moving toward their designated spaces. We are going to try this! Wish us luck!
-Once organized take a photo or videotape of the room to keep with your home inventory list. Done! Photos taken today.. it was clean.. couldn't pass it up!

I have a little family room.. my house was built in 1950... so the rooms are small... I'm actually very picky up clutter in my family room since that is the first room you see off the entry... so it doesn't take much to clean it! ;)

No, no rush.. I can use the time to scrap.. I have to catch up on a lot!!! Plus the swaps have started... but I've been good in my addiction... limits!

:)

My house has been sparkly for three days now. I asked my DH, don't you like it? He says, "What, your not doing it for me, your doing it for your internet friends." I told him, you make me some toppers and I'll do it just for you.

:rotfl2: That is too funny!

Great job Nancy! My house was built in 1946 so all my rooms are little too. Makes it easy to clean out everything.

I hear ya PBLM! We resided the house..and the insulation they had on the outside... I was fuming.. it looked like Reynolds Wrap! I was like no way! My DH laughed at me because I was a fussin' and a cussin'... Than FIL explained that was insulation in those days! Hello, give me that big, fluffy pink panther insulation.. now that is insulation!

I live in apartment, so it's a little hard to jump into these room challenges too. I do have to organize regularly otherwise we would run out of room quickly! The biggest area of non-organization is the desk/file cabinet/shoe boxes of financial stuff, so that's what I've been focusing on.

I am probably about 3/4 of the way done with the shredding.
I did my exercise tape
DH made an appointment at the PO to apply for our passports, next Tuesday (Woo Hoo)
And most importantly, another day where I didn't spend any money. Although we found out that DH's latest dentist appointment didn't get covered because they only cover 2 cleanings per year (GRRR, I could use that $150)

I'm impressed, Nancy!! My family room clean-up is going to be this weekend. We did get all of the Christmas stuff put away last night, into the attic, so that's done. Just have to move the desk back to its rightful spot and clean, clean, clean.

Here 's my list from today (I stunk it up!):

1. Do 30-40 exercise minutes. Nope, lost the battle.
2. Visit my kindergarten teacher (we visit every year, and tomorrow's the day) did this--it was fun!
3. Scrap at least 2 pages not yet
4. Use my mom's tanning bed She wasn't home, so I didn't go by.
5. Dust living room Nope, DH said we'd do the living/family room this wknd
6. Survive work with being less negative! Didn't really do too good at this either. The woman I work with was in her office. I told her I was going to go run schedules (we do this together). An hour and 15 minutes later, she came in and asked if I was running schedules. When I said, "Yes", she said, "Why didn't you tell me? I wanted to help.":rolleyes: I didn't do so well with the no negativity!!

Ok, my goals list was crap today. Starting fresh tomorrow. We have a basketball game tomorrow, so my list of things to do tomorrow has to be modified.

1. Exercise 30-40 minutes (I'd like to do this before work)
2. Follow my WW eating plan
3. Call to schedule appointments
4. Be less negative at work!!
5. Get to work with everything I need (I couldn't get that going today!)
6. Weigh in to determine starting weight for diet.

I hope everyone has a successful Thursday!! :cheer2:

Tonight we'll try again tonight
-Pizza Box
-5 pages journaled
-1 CJ completed
-Sort DVD's
-Copy pages for Mom's scrapbooks, we are going to a crop on Sat
-Gather pics and papers for said crop

Wednesday:

-Bank We'll try again. Our bank is 30 minutes away so I try to avoid going there unless necessary.Done!!!
-Tree
-Mall DH's watch died so I need to get a new battery. Near bank so that's good.Done
-ACMoore I'm in need of some retail therapy and since I have gift cards I don't have to feel guilty.done and got some cte stuff too
-Walk Done 2miles WOO HOO!!
-TRU Darn Disney mix stick doesn't work again. So I'm getting DS10 an IPod soon.Moved to Sat or Sun, they won't let me return it without DH and his Credit Card
-Cancel DH's DR. appt, he'll be in BF Washington state.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter