Orlando hotels ???'s

fudget

Earning My Ears
We are scheduled to fly out the day of the cruise but after doing some reading it may be best to change (we often get early fog or in nov chance of snow) and go the day before if it's not too late to change the flight (3-day wonder nov 21-24). My ?? is what are some area hotels/motels cheap and nice and do any offer free shuttle to the airport. We have transfers already from the airport to the port. I am concerned w/getting to and from hotel, we just don't have that much extra money to spend on taxi's in addition to cruise money. Any suggestions??

Great, thanks Dave:)
If we stayed in Port Canaveral the night before we leave what options other than renting a car would we have to get to the hotel and then to the port? We have already paid for transfers, do they take you anywhere other than the port?

If you've already purchased your transfers and are not interested in cancelling them and taking alternate transportation, then staying near the port is not an option for you. The transfers only run on the day of your cruise, and they will take you directly from the airport to the cruise terminal.

We could cancel the transfers but I wonder how that works when the cruise is PIF and leaves next month, do they credit your card back the difference for changes made? If we did that, other than rental car what would our options be?
:)

Your most cost effective option would be to cancel your Disney ground transfer to the port (you can keep the one back to the airport if you are leaving right after the cruise), get a hotel near the airport thru Priceline ($30), and rent a car from Avis for one day ($?), turn the car in at the Radisson the next morning (no drop off fee), take the Avis shuttle to the ship (free).

Good luck.
Peggy

Sounds like a plan Peggy, now I have to wait for TA to back from a out of state conference (28th, ugh) and find out if we can change our flights......I was hoping we could avoid any driving on our own but that sounds like the best plan. I really don't like driving in large cities but oh well, whatever works:)

Dave, you are wonderful, Thanks:)
Well if the flight change works out then maybe we could go to Kennedy Space Center, DS (8) would love that DS (3) should like it too:)
I really hope it works out. I think getting up at 4 or 5 or earlier to catch an early flight, plus a connection then the transfer then waiting to board then trying to get spa and palo ressies with 2 kids to watch would just be toooo much, we talked about going a day early before (mom and I, DH has to work) but it would be another missed day of school but at this point it's sounding relaxing and peaceful!!
Thanks guys for all the great info:)

Peggy what kind of Hotel do you get for $30.00? We need to stay the night before and possibly the day after but $30.00???

If you are interested in trying Priceline, check out www.biddingfortravel.com for some very good tips on how to go about it and for a good idea what to bid. You should be able to get a 3-star Orlando airport hotel for around $28 to $35, unless your dates just happen to hit a major convention or something. From the reviews I've read, the 3-star MCO hotels through Priceline are nothing to write home about but are not scrungy dumps either. These are hotels that would normally cost $80 to $120 a night through conventional reservations. Should be fine for a night or two.

Good luck,
Peggy

Fudget - if you REALLY want to avoid driving, and I understand if you do, you can always skip the rental car and take the hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then back again to the airport the next morning and keep your Disney transportation from the airport to the port. The rental car will be simplier but it IS possible to avoid driving.

Originally posted by fudget
now I have to wait for TA to back from a out of state conference (28th, ugh) and find out if we can change our flights......

I would not wait for your TA to return. If you have your flight #'s, just call the airline directly and ask. I hate to be the nay-sayer here but it is very likely you will have to pay a minimum of $100 plus any difference in the fare per ticket to change. Don't wait another week!

I would not wait for your TA to return. If you have your flight #'s, just call the airline directly and ask. I hate to be the nay-sayer here but it is very likely you will have to pay a minimum of $100 plus any difference in the fare per ticket to change. Don't wait another week!

I have not gotten doc's yet and have no travel info other than our room# that she gave because we had thought about upgrading and decided not to. I didn't think about a possible fee, yikes! Well, if this doesn't work out we will surely know better next time:)

Did you book your air thru Disney?

Is there another agent in your TA's office who can look into it for you?

I don't think so. It's a small office maybe 2 or 3 people and they all went to a conference to the West Coast.
The TA booked all of it. I started to do the air myself but being that the kids and I are flying from 1 city and my mom a different 1, it seemed easier to let the TA do it, plus I was having a hard time finding coordinating flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter