OT: LOST fans?

still not up on itunes....

they're pushing me to download it illegally (but i won't - brand new computer, don't want to risk bringing down something besides the desired file)...

itunes, come on....get moving....you're ticking me off...

and how are we going to have our family viewing party tonight without the download???????????????????????????????????????

argggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I must admit...I felt a bit "Phantom Menaced."

My expectations were probably too high.

Highlight below to read spoilers.

I think they had enough other storylines going from 5 previous seasons without the need to introduce the people that reminded me of the guards of the grail temple in the 3rd Indiana Jones film.

This show has always been about characters and adding MORE to the mythology at this point seems dangerous.

We already knew Un-Locke was the Man in Black - not a big reveal.

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE this show and will still follow it to the end...it just seems like island is getting (as a PP said) a bit crowded.

- D

I really liked it. I thought it was a good start to the final season. And doesn't LOST always tend to raise more questions than answers? -- especially at the beginning of the season? Now if only next week can get here faster...

I must admit...I felt a bit "Phantom Menaced."

My expectations were probably too high.

Highlight below to read spoilers.

I think they had enough other storylines going from 5 previous seasons without the need to introduce the people that reminded me of the guards of the grail temple in the 3rd Indiana Jones film.

This show has always been about characters and adding MORE to the mythology at this point seems dangerous.

We already knew Un-Locke was the Man in Black - not a big reveal.

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE this show and will still follow it to the end...it just seems like island is getting (as a PP said) a bit crowded.

- D

I agree with your "highlight" thoughts. :thumbsup2

thanks for doing that with the spoilers!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

it's still not been posted on itunes...
i can't believe it...
it's NEVER taken this long to be up on itunes...
this is about 6 hours later than usual and it's still not up...

i'm annoyed...i want my season's pass money back... :rolleyes:

so they've finally posted part of the 1st episode....part 2...

so i'm downloading part 2...
hopefully, part 1 will appear eventually... :rolleyes:

I thought it was very interesting...I am still curious to see which direction the show will go. My husband was all over Lostpedia as soon as the show ended. That is his favorite LOST site :)

Loved it and can't wait till next week. The temple threw me off....I expected something Egyptian and it seemed more Aztec. Where did those people come from??? The black rock??? How does Richard fit in with these people??? What is going on??? Love it!!!

Loved it and can't wait till next week. The temple threw me off....I expected something Egyptian and it seemed more Aztec. Where did those people come from??? The black rock??? How does Richard fit in with these people??? What is going on??? Love it!!!

We don't know who all of them are yet...They are part of the others. It seems like the others are split into two groups 1. living in dharmaville and 2. living in this temple. Now we know that the one woman was the flight attendent on flight 815 and the two children were also on flight 815, so it seems like these people have been slowly collected over time. Richard it seems came on the black rock, way way way back when, possibly as a slave, because "evil Locke" or whoever he is told him nice to see you out of the chains (like slave chains).

I'm gonna repeat what I said in my Facebook status...If this show blows my mind one more time, I'll be in a coma.

I did LOVE the season premiere, though. The only complaint is ***that this alternate timeline thing is gonna throw me for a loop. It scared me at first because I thought the entire five year span was negated, but I guess...there are two timelines. I was hoping this time travel stuff would be dialed down a bit, but now I have to keep track of what this will mean in the long run.***

Anyway, I do have to share a conversation I had with my roommate, who also loves LOST. She was talking all day about how excited she was for the premiere, but I did not share her enthusiasm. I realized watching LOST is not a pleasant experience for me. So no, I do not get excited, just anxious. I still love it, though. I can't wait for next week.

I'm gonna repeat what I said in my Facebook status...If this show blows my mind one more time, I'll be in a coma.

I did LOVE the season premiere, though. The only complaint is ***that this alternate timeline thing is gonna throw me for a loop. It scared me at first because I thought the entire five year span was negated, but I guess...there are two timelines. I was hoping this time travel stuff would be dialed down a bit, but now I have to keep track of what this will mean in the long run.***

Anyway, I do have to share a conversation I had with my roommate, who also loves LOST. She was talking all day about how excited she was for the premiere, but I did not share her enthusiasm. I realized watching LOST is not a pleasant experience for me. So no, I do not get excited, just anxious. I still love it, though. I can't wait for next week.

I think I have to go back and re-watch from Season I - the new/old flight 815 has some really interesting differences :upsidedow - at least the ones I caught. I'm sure there are more, buy I didn't catch them all I'm sure.
Maybe what I need is a parallel universe of televisions in my house - that way I would know what the %&#! is going on :lmao:

According to this article - you shouldn't ***dismiss one "reality" as simply "what if".

SPOILER ALERT: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/02/lost-premiere-damon-carlton/?ew_packageID=20313460

i watched one of the cast interview sessions on aol, and jorge said that the wierdest theory he heard was that somehow the entire plane was cloned in flight and that the clones are the people who crashed on the island. the oridinal plane landed safely.

Then i saw the premiere and was thinking...hey maybe its not such a crazy theory...lol

We don't know who all of them are yet...They are part of the others. It seems like the others are split into two groups 1. living in dharmaville and 2. living in this temple. Now we know that the one woman was the flight attendent on flight 815 and the two children were also on flight 815, so it seems like these people have been slowly collected over time. Richard it seems came on the black rock, way way way back when, possibly as a slave, because "evil Locke" or whoever he is told him nice to see you out of the chains (like slave chains).

Or another way to view the line nice to see you out of chains is that Richard was serving Jacob this whole time and now that Jacob is dead he is no longer a slave to him. Although I could be wrong and the word "chains" in this case could really mean actual chains.

Or another way to view the line nice to see you out of chains is that Richard was serving Jacob this whole time and now that Jacob is dead he is no longer a slave to him. Although I could be wrong and the word "chains" in this case could really mean actual chains.

:thumbsup2 excellent theory - i didn't think of it that way

According to this article - you shouldn't ***dismiss one "reality" as simply "what if".

SPOILER ALERT: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/02/lost-premiere-damon-carlton/?ew_packageID=20313460

I agree, especially since ***Shannon is gone for no reason (most likely because Maggie didn't want to come back, but I'm sure Darlton will run with it), Christian's body is gone, and Desmond apparently vanished (into another timeline?). Those were pretty obvious clues that something fishy is going on. I just choose to call it a "what if" for now so I can actually have a life this next week.***:surfweb:

Also, Doc Jensen is the bomb. He's the first one I run to when I'm confused about Lost.

P.S. - And speaking of EW, I just heard Libby (or at least the actress who plays her) is gonna be on House for a multi-episode stint. Not only was Libby my favorite character (she was a clinical psychologist, so of course), but my two favorite shows are combining (sort of)! Hooray!

I agree, especially since ***Shannon is gone for no reason (most likely because Maggie didn't want to come back, but I'm sure Darlton will run with it), Christian's body is gone, and Desmond apparently vanished (into another timeline?). Those were pretty obvious clues that something fishy is going on. I just choose to call it a "what if" for now so I can actually have a life this next week.***:surfweb:

Also, Doc Jensen is the bomb. He's the first one I run to when I'm confused about Lost.

P.S. - And speaking of EW, I just heard Libby (or at least the actress who plays her) is gonna be on House for a multi-episode stint. Not only was Libby my favorite character (she was a clinical psychologist, so of course), but my two favorite shows are combining (sort of)! Hooray!

I don't think I would have gotten through the past 5 years without entertainment weekly and Doc Jensen - :surfweb:

We havent actually seen dharmaville in the current time. They went straight to the temple, so it could be one group that are all in the temple.

BTW and ideas on the underwater scene of the island?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter