• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT- My name is Emma...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but why does it need a cut off point, just interested?:)

Most threads only have so many pages or replies otherwise they are too big - think its something to do with opening them/memory or something so we decided to get it to 4000 and then start a new one- which Emma has just done. It will just be a continuation

From a computing point of view, there comes a time where a thread gets too large and it starts affecting the performance of the main DIS computers because it takes a long time to return all that data.

So, the DIS appears to discourage super long threads, instead choosing to split them into small chunks.

thanks I've learnt a whole host of things today, I love this place!!:thumbsup2

Hi DianeTigger
I didnt see you up there. Are you joining in the Tigger party tonight

Threads combined :thumbsup2 This way someone will not bump up the thread in the future and then we end up with two ;)

Once the thread reaches its' limit the board software will closed. Then you will know when to start a new one :goodvibes

Cheers Reid - I didn't realise the board software handled this automatically :thumbsup2

Where is everyone? Has everyone got a life

I'm not sure... A few of them have gone out for the evening, so might reappear later this evening. I've no idea where Bob is, she's been quiet for quite a while now.

You werent as confident on the quiz tonight were you? Thought I was going to beat you to it

I made that comment before I really looked at it ;)

Once I actually started looking at them, I figured them out reasonably quickly :goodvibes

I know - it's far too quiet for it's own good...

Who killed the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter