• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our First Trip as Parents! December 2012 TR - 8/6 OMG a TR link!

Omg, MK for one hour! It makes me sad when I can't spend all day at a park. On my (first ever) trip to DL last May, I had one full day and two half days to spend on both parks. I went to DLP for the first half day but it was so crowded that I never made it on SM. The full day I spent in DCA and had a BLAST! The next day my hotel checkout was around noon, and since I walked to the park I had to leave by 10:30. I got to DLP for the early morning hours and spent the whole time waiting for SM to open (it was down for maintenance). IT NEVER DID! I was so disappointed, I wanted to compare all three! I grew up on the DW one but decided I MUCH preferred the Disneyland Paris version, and since that one is based on DL's version I spent that entire morning waiting around on a bench by myself. I bet the CM's thought I was nuts. :sad:

Joining in! I came acoss this TR, and remembered reading your cruise TR a while back! I have been so far behind! Didn't know you had a baby! He is too cute! I read through about halfway, and will get caught up in the next couple of days. I stopped where your hubby was taking video of the room, and got side-tracked filming the baby. That was soooo precious!!!!!

Can't wait to get read more!

Ahhh, the Peoplemover. That's always a must-do for us! Good idea to feed baby there too!

Only a 5-minute wait for Space Mountain?! That's awesome. That guy behind you is just odd, though. :confused3

You got some great family pictures at the Grand Floridian. Love them!

I love the People Mover! Everytime I go to DL and see the empty tracks, I wonder why it's not running there. It's a great place to pass a few minutes in the cool and relax. And I love all your photopass pics, especially the ones at the Grand Floridian. Everytime I see it, it reminds me of Hotel Del Coronado in Coronado, CA, which is fitting since the design was based on it. I love that place, and have loved it since the first time I saw it. One of the selling points for us on DVC was that we could use our points at Hotel Del. Then I found our since the hotel is so old, a lot of the rooms don't have air conditioning! :scared1: I think I'll just use my points at GF villas when they open ::yes:: Can't wait to see what comes next in your report!

Loving your TR! I think I have read your TR's before but can't remember if I commented! In any case, hello and Calvin is too adorable!!

Hey! Just came across your report while I was looking for December TR's!!! We were at WDW from the 10th through the 22nd (well we left early on the 22nd so I'm not sure it counts! :lmao:) Which day did you go to MVMCP ?? We went on the 11th...and that morning we ate breakfast at Kona and then toured the Poly & the GF! Just curious if it was the same day!!!

I love all of your pictures!!! Your baby is absolutely adorable! December was my son's first trip too...he just turned one about two weeks ago! It goes by so fast!!!

I really, really miss Animal Kingdom Lodge!!! We haven't stayed there since 2009. We loved it there & I meant to stop by this trip to visit but we never had a chance. I've never seen a Studio in person before, so it was nice to see your pictures!!! My parents are staying there in August.

I can't wait to hear more about your trip!!!

I looooooove the People Mover!! Everyone looks so happy in all of your pictures :goodvibes

Those are really great PP pictures! :thumbsup2 Love the Christmas tree in the background.....I think that's what I'm really hoping to get by taking DS as a baby to WDW, some nice shots of the whole family.

I had to giggle at your mom's reaction to the GF, because my mother was the same way. Guess there's just something about the look and feel of the resort that appeals to them. :goodvibes

I think it may be the old fashioned-glamourous feel to it. Plus all the flowery designs. Her house is full of flowery stuff and old-fashioned type things :rotfl:

Omg, MK for one hour! It makes me sad when I can't spend all day at a park. On my (first ever) trip to DL last May, I had one full day and two half days to spend on both parks. I went to DLP for the first half day but it was so crowded that I never made it on SM. The full day I spent in DCA and had a BLAST! The next day my hotel checkout was around noon, and since I walked to the park I had to leave by 10:30. I got to DLP for the early morning hours and spent the whole time waiting for SM to open (it was down for maintenance). IT NEVER DID! I was so disappointed, I wanted to compare all three! I grew up on the DW one but decided I MUCH preferred the Disneyland Paris version, and since that one is based on DL's version I spent that entire morning waiting around on a bench by myself. I bet the CM's thought I was nuts. :sad:

Oh my gosh you spent most of the morning waiting?! Man, that sucks that they weren't open. I'm hoping and praying one day, i'll get to DLP. That would be soooo amazing! :cloud9:

Isn't DCA amazing?! I really enjoy going to that park. I know a lot of people are iffy about it, but I love it. It can be so relaxing. But now with Cars Land, it's just a madhouse.

Joining in! I came acoss this TR, and remembered reading your cruise TR a while back! I have been so far behind! Didn't know you had a baby! He is too cute! I read through about halfway, and will get caught up in the next couple of days. I stopped where your hubby was taking video of the room, and got side-tracked filming the baby. That was soooo precious!!!!!

Can't wait to get read more!

Yes I remember you! :goodvibes I'm glad he ended up taking that video, because as of now, that's all the video we have of him :scared1: I need to pull the camera out and take more video of DS.

Ahhh, the Peoplemover. That's always a must-do for us! Good idea to feed baby there too!

Only a 5-minute wait for Space Mountain?! That's awesome. That guy behind you is just odd, though. :confused3

You got some great family pictures at the Grand Floridian. Love them!

:rotfl: I still laugh thinking about that SM guy. What the heck is he doing behind me?!

I love the People Mover! Everytime I go to DL and see the empty tracks, I wonder why it's not running there. It's a great place to pass a few minutes in the cool and relax. And I love all your photopass pics, especially the ones at the Grand Floridian. Everytime I see it, it reminds me of Hotel Del Coronado in Coronado, CA, which is fitting since the design was based on it. I love that place, and have loved it since the first time I saw it. One of the selling points for us on DVC was that we could use our points at Hotel Del. Then I found our since the hotel is so old, a lot of the rooms don't have air conditioning! :scared1: I think I'll just use my points at GF villas when they open ::yes:: Can't wait to see what comes next in your report!

Oh my gosh, I feel the same way about People mover at DL. Did you ever get to ride Rocket Rods, the ride that replaced the People Mover? I had been there when RR was up and running, but never got a chance to go on it.

Gasp. I decided to look up that hotel, and you can totally tell the similarities between the two hotels! I never knew that, really cool!

Loving your TR! I think I have read your TR's before but can't remember if I commented! In any case, hello and Calvin is too adorable!!

Hello, welcome and thank you! :cool1:

Hey! Just came across your report while I was looking for December TR's!!! We were at WDW from the 10th through the 22nd (well we left early on the 22nd so I'm not sure it counts! :lmao:) Which day did you go to MVMCP ?? We went on the 11th...and that morning we ate breakfast at Kona and then toured the Poly & the GF! Just curious if it was the same day!!!

I love all of your pictures!!! Your baby is absolutely adorable! December was my son's first trip too...he just turned one about two weeks ago! It goes by so fast!!!

I really, really miss Animal Kingdom Lodge!!! We haven't stayed there since 2009. We loved it there & I meant to stop by this trip to visit but we never had a chance. I've never seen a Studio in person before, so it was nice to see your pictures!!! My parents are staying there in August.

I can't wait to hear more about your trip!!!

Yes! We went to MVMCP on the 11th too! :cool1: And we toured GF that morning (which is where i'm still at on the report) How funny is that! Great minds think alike, eh? :thumbsup2

DS just turned 4 months a few days ago. I can't believe 4 months have already gone by. Kinda scary, but exciting at the same time.

I looooooove the People Mover!! Everyone looks so happy in all of your pictures :goodvibes

Me too!!! The People Mover is definitely one of the better rides in the World. Even more so for us, since we used to have it at DL and now it's no longer there:(

Hey, are you still going to DL in March???

Just a quick DS update. He turned 4 months on on the 2nd!

484803_586886957992103_72023755_n.jpg

Crazy how different he looks! (and how much cuter he looks :rotfl:)

I'll be posting a short trip update right now and then will be back to post another update!

After our shoot, DH went to find a CM where Gasparilla Grill was so we could have some lunch. Unfortunatley Gasparilla was closed for refurb. UGH! She pointed out that there was a Beach Pool Bar located near the pool just outside that took QS credits so out we went.

They didn’t have much on the menu but we were starving so we settled for it and ended up being pleasantly surprised with it.

There is only outdoor seating near the pool area (which was completely empty, except for the two bored lifeguards hanging out) so we had the whole place to ourselves.

I got the Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad with an armful of hair apparantely

1F51CBF8-B8B5-4578-A583-A499C001B066-7706-0000085EB1CBCC3C.jpg

And DH got the Crab Cake sandwich with fries.

9348B6D1-5CEE-47F0-A4B5-5DFCAF39DE59-7706-0000085EB6190EC4.jpg

The salad was really fresh and delicious and DH’s crab cake sandwich was filling. Mom got the Chicken Salad Sandwich served with beefsteak tomatoes and avocado on a brioche bun. OOOH! Amazing!

I swear I took pictures of the dessert but I can’t find them. Anyway there was only three options which was an almond fruit tart, a pina colada cupcake, and a macadamia nut brownie.

I got the brownie and mom got the cupcake. Both were gone in moments. They were both so delicious and different from all the desserts we’ve been getting at QS restaurants. We all really enjoyed just sitting around the pool, talking casually and eating. I think it was a good thing that Gasparilla was closed.

We headed back inside to look through the shops and show mom around, and then DS started getting fussy, so I sat in the second floor sitting area and fed him while mom and DH ditched me. They were gone for about 30 minutes so I decided to pack everything and go find them. They started walking towards me once I put DS back in his stroller. I guess they were trying to figure out which cigars and zippo/torch lighter to get for my brother. So back to the shop we went and I love how they have a men’s shop on the second floor and then a woman’s shop on the first. Really cool! In the men’s shop there are ties, hats, sunglasses, polos, golf shirts, cologne, etc. Mom spent a small fortune on cigars, a zippo torch, and golf shirts. She also wanted to look downstairs so mom and DH took the stroller down the elevator and I took the stairs to take some pictures.

DSC00973_zps449d838e.jpg

DSC00974_zps9f2906f5.jpg

The elevator took a while for some reason but when everyone got out, some women were smiling and talking to mom and she told me that DS was just smiling and chatting them up. Dang, flirting already?! I got to get this kid under control or I’m in trouble later. :rotfl2:

Oh my gosh you spent most of the morning waiting?! Man, that sucks that they weren't open. I'm hoping and praying one day, i'll get to DLP. That would be soooo amazing! :cloud9:

Isn't DCA amazing?! I really enjoy going to that park. I know a lot of people are iffy about it, but I love it. It can be so relaxing. But now with Cars Land, it's just a madhouse.

WHOOPS, I got my acronyms mixed up... I meant I was waiting for SM at the actual DL park all morning last May, not Paris. I visited DLP in October of 2008 and it WAS amazing, you can pick showtimes based on what language the show will be in, etc. So cool to see the differences/similarities. :wizard: I hope you do make it someday, Paris itself is such a beautiful city and I miss it every day!

In my original post, I was trying to say that SM was down at DL the whole morning, which I've heard is a common occurrence :headache: I LOVE DCA, it was an entirely different feel than any of the DW parks, and World of Color is so breathtaking :scared1: I have to say, behind Wishes, World of Color is a close second for my favorite Disney show.

Now if only I could make it to Tokyo Disney :love:

WHOOPS, I got my acronyms mixed up... I meant I was waiting for SM at the actual DL park all morning last May, not Paris. I visited DLP in October of 2008 and it WAS amazing, you can pick showtimes based on what language the show will be in, etc. So cool to see the differences/similarities. :wizard: I hope you do make it someday, Paris itself is such a beautiful city and I miss it every day!

In my original post, I was trying to say that SM was down at DL the whole morning, which I've heard is a common occurrence :headache: I LOVE DCA, it was an entirely different feel than any of the DW parks, and World of Color is so breathtaking :scared1: I have to say, behind Wishes, World of Color is a close second for my favorite Disney show.

Now if only I could make it to Tokyo Disney :love:

SM is usually a hit or miss at DL. But they can usually get SM up and running after 30 minutes or so, so that's strange that it didn't open up all morning. You'll just have to come back to DL!

I absolutely LOVE WoC! The music is so beautiful and the show itself is fantastic! It is easily one of my favorite shows at any Disney park!

The elevator took a while for some reason but when everyone got out, some women were smiling and talking to mom and she told me that DS was just smiling and chatting them up. Dang, flirting already?! I got to get this kid under control or I’m in trouble later. :rotfl2:

:rotfl2:

Without even seeing a picture I want to try that pina colada cupcake!!!

Hey, are you still going to DL in March???

Yes!! It's really going to happen! We are flying in on a Wednesday night late, renting a car at LAX and driving down, and staying at the Ramada Maingate for two nights. We'll only really have one park day though on Thursday. Friday morning we'll have breakfast and visit DTD, then head back to LA for some sightseeing. We'll be there through Monday (the wedding is on Saturday at the Sheraton Universal City). If you have DL/LA sightseeing advice I would love to hear! I am so so so excited to visit Walt's Park! :goodvibes

Just a quick DS update. He turned 4 months on on the 2nd!

I can't believe that!!! Oh my gosh time is flying and he is such a cutie!!!

:rotfl2:

Without even seeing a picture I want to try that pina colada cupcake!!!

Yes!! It's really going to happen! We are flying in on a Wednesday night late, renting a car at LAX and driving down, and staying at the Ramada Maingate for two nights. We'll only really have one park day though on Thursday. Friday morning we'll have breakfast and visit DTD, then head back to LA for some sightseeing. We'll be there through Monday (the wedding is on Saturday at the Sheraton Universal City). If you have DL/LA sightseeing advice I would love to hear! I am so so so excited to visit Walt's Park! :goodvibes

I can't believe that!!! Oh my gosh time is flying and he is such a cutie!!!

Yay! So glad that you're still able to make it to DL! Are you planning on doing RD that Thursday morning and staying there all day? You're not doing DCA right? You're going to get everything done at DL if you're there all day. That will be very nice :thumbsup2 I have a feeling you're going to be bored with DTD. It is so small compared to WDW's. I'm sure you'll love the World of Disney there though.

You'll be in Universal City, so does that mean after the wedding, you'll be going to Universal studios? Or just driving around that Sunday? I'm not too familiar with that part of LA.

They really do grow up fast, don't they? Good looking little guy there! :thumbsup2

It looks like you guys had a nice lunch and some quality time at the GF.

I've noticed too that the elevator there seems really slow. And it really doesn't seem to be big enough to handle the traffic. :faint:

We went back into the lobby to get a picture of mom in front of the tree before leaving the GF and we couldn’t find her. How did we lose her already?! Oh wait there she is, looking mischievous.

DSC00978_zps346bad71.jpg

And her once more in front of the tree

DSC00979_zps3760d58e.jpg

As we were getting ready to leave the GF, I saw a perfect picture opportunity to get the tree with very little people around it. So pretty!

DSC00980_zpsfe152913.jpg

Then a few more pics

DSC00981_zpsd314465e.jpg

DSC00982_zpsce1f9f34.jpg

We walked outside to the bus stop so we could catch a bus back to the MK, then realized, “Wait! We’re at GF you can only do the monorail or boat.” We decided to wait and see just in case there was a bus. And there was! The monorail was still down so they were bussing people to the MK. Is there always a bus to MK from GF anyway?

Getting ready to get on the bus
DSC00984_zpsfd851a18.jpg

The plan was to get on Dumbo with DS for the first time. So as soon as we got to MK we walked down Main Street and through Tomorrowland. And it was hot. So hot in fact, DM wanted to cool down so she ruined these 2 little girls playtime

DSC00985_zps4cbb8287.jpg

But I don’t think the little girl in the back cared. She looked like she was still having a good time, even though some random lady came into the picture!

DSC00986_zpsb27b674d.jpg

Soon enough, we were approaching Storybook Circus!

DSC00987_zps77b412be.jpg

For some odd reason, DH wanted to get on the Barnstormer, even though he has never been on the one at Disneyland by choice. Weirdo. You can see him talking to the CM.

DSC00988_zps51ecf26f.jpg

So even though the line looks pretty long, it actually goes by very quick because the ride itself is only like 30 seconds. Then I spotted them! You can see them waving!

DSC00990_zpsba82fe82.jpg

In the second car

DSC00991_zpsa0bcfedb.jpg

DSC00992_zps98bcb8b1.jpg

This is actually a pretty decent shot. Everyone else is blurred out except for DM. Too bad she doesn’t look happier lol!

DSC00993_zps68fc75ab.jpg

They both enjoyed the ride but said it was way too short. Next we went into this big circus tent called Big Top Souvenirs and it was very cool inside! Haha you can see DM looking at more things to buy for DS! Aye!

DSC00995_zpsa0b29494.jpg

DSC00996_zps33e29592.jpg

Their treats counter was very impressive

DSC00998_zpsbc5ce6f1.jpg

DSC00999_zps0f6d308e.jpg

We spent a good 30 minutes looking around and shopping. DM shopping for DS (of course) and we ended up buying a Minnie Mouse purse and Minnie Mouse headband for our next door neighbors daughter for her birthday. For a bit, I could not find DH. Then I spotted him with a smoothie, in which he let us all try.

DSC01000_zps63fdcec9.jpg

Woah! Way sweet but refreshing! I believe this is a 'Goofy Glacier' where you can mix your own slushy drink from 8 different flavors. He used his Snack credit for this.

So what did DM purchase from the Circus Tent? This is what DS opened on Christmas morning:

A cute onesie
DSC00997_zpsdf93303c.jpg

A Dumbo and Timothy Mouse toy that plays a song and makes elephant noises
65A88EF8-0E38-4213-9F9E-2BA36942B259-3221-000002D0AA58A7CA.jpg

A random Squirt toy
05772EB9-421D-4A2C-AAFA-991EDB677AEC-3221-000002D0B0735F40.jpg

And a very cute little Storybook Circus hat

CC541AB4-BA36-41E7-9FC2-A7810987376C-3221-000002D0B5FA9730.jpg

19A0E517-9C1A-4499-9195-B8224D4D222E-3221-000002D0BBEE9CFE.jpg

Here is he wearing it on Christmas morning

IMG_4580.jpg

They really do grow up fast, don't they? Good looking little guy there! :thumbsup2

It looks like you guys had a nice lunch and some quality time at the GF.

I've noticed too that the elevator there seems really slow. And it really doesn't seem to be big enough to handle the traffic. :faint:

Thank you! He is rather handsome.

You're so right about the elevator. Not sure why it took so long, but DM insisted that she take the elevator to see how it looked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter