• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Grandest Trip Ever... Literally! - August 2019 PTR *TR LINK POSTED 8/25*

Oh man, count me into the group that cringes at the idea of a NJ to FL road trip! It sounds like you guys have it down to a science, though. It's getting so close...

It is definitely not for everyone! It's all fun and excitement until halfway through Virginia, when it's morning and suddenly we realize how far we have to go. :rotfl: But the thought of being so close to our happy place pulls us through! We're getting so close!

I always said I would never drive to Disney but we ended up renting a car and driving home once a few years back when our flight was cancelled and I found out it's not a bad drive (we're in Staten Island, so our drive is pretty similar to yours lol). Now we drive for our long trip each year and I actually enjoy it more than flying sometimes!

I always said I would never drive to Disney but we ended up renting a car and driving home once a few years back when our flight was cancelled and I found out it's not a bad drive (we're in Staten Island, so our drive is pretty similar to yours lol). Now we drive for our long trip each year and I actually enjoy it more than flying sometimes!

My dad is the same way! He loooooves flying, but the drive down to Disney is always something he looks forward to! Today we were talking about how we'll be in Magic Kingdom two weeks from today and he goes, "I don't even care, I just can't wait to be driving down I-95!"

I’ve been here even though I haven’t been commenting! Wow, I thought our drive was bad! Ours is 14 1/2 hours and we usually stop on the way there and on the way back, we usually just power through. We looked into flights this year and it’s pretty expensive and we really like having our car there. We even considered driving cross country when we go to Disneyland.

Ahhh your trip is so close! I’m jealous!

I have been following along - your trip looks like it will be a lot of fun !

I grew up driving from Atlantic Canada to WDW each year. There would be 4 kids, my parents and my grandmother packed in the minivan. It took over 36 hours, usually 3 days each way. I have really fond memories of the drive down.. putting our shorts on in NC, stopping at South of the Border, crossing into FL for the first time...it was really fun! That drive back though ... :sad2:

As a parent myself today, being trapped in a car with my kids for 3 days is basically my nightmare. So we fly these days :P

Hey everyone! I'm going to WALT DISNEY WORLD this month!!!
Isn't that the BEST feeling?? Even when your trip is at the very end of the month, being able to say "I'm going this month" is so amazing.

Mom, Grace, and I always have to get manicures
Naturally.

But we have a big weekend ahead of us, and now I can focus 100% on Disney!
The best kind of focus!

I'll be honest I'm with the group that hates road trips but it sounds like you all make the best of it and have it pretty well laid out!

I’ve been here even though I haven’t been commenting! Wow, I thought our drive was bad! Ours is 14 1/2 hours and we usually stop on the way there and on the way back, we usually just power through. We looked into flights this year and it’s pretty expensive and we really like having our car there. We even considered driving cross country when we go to Disneyland.

Ahhh your trip is so close! I’m jealous!

Powering through that drive home sounds like the right way to do things. That stop overnight coming up always kills me when I remember how much driving we have left! As much as I enjoy our WDW drive, I'm pretty sure a cross country road trip to Disneyland would do me in! Unless we stopped at Vegas on the drive back!

Less than two weeks now-- I can't wait!!

I grew up driving from Atlantic Canada to WDW each year. There would be 4 kids, my parents and my grandmother packed in the minivan. It took over 36 hours, usually 3 days each way. I have really fond memories of the drive down.. putting our shorts on in NC, stopping at South of the Border, crossing into FL for the first time...it was really fun! That drive back though ... :sad2:

As a parent myself today, being trapped in a car with my kids for 3 days is basically my nightmare. So we fly these days :P

Thank you so much for reading! I appreciate the comment! :welcome:

Your drive from Atlantic Canada to WDW reminds me of how we used to drive to Daytona Beach! My parents, grandparents, and I all packed into my mom's Toyota! I was just a baby at the time, so my parents always joke about how my baby car seat was in the back row, in the middle of the bags and beach chairs, so it looked like I was just packed away with everything! We stopped at SotB, too! But you're absolutely right about that drive back... ":sad2:" is the only way to describe it!

Isn't that the BEST feeling?? Even when your trip is at the very end of the month, being able to say "I'm going this month" is so amazing.

THE BEST FEELING!!!

Naturally.

I would feel incomplete if I went to Disney with bare nails.

The best kind of focus!

I'll be honest I'm with the group that hates road trips but it sounds like you all make the best of it and have it pretty well laid out!

We hate the road trip back to NJ. It's the trip down to WDW that's so full of pixie dust and excitement it masks the ridiculous amount of time spent in the car!

I will definitely let you know if we snag one! Like you, at this point I'm kind of resigning to the fact that we won't get one and its probably not meant to be! If we don't, we will definitely be good with breakfast at Ohanas! Plus a friend of mine is in Disney and we're going to take some pictures with her in the Magic Kingdom that morning so its probably better than I'm not stressing about making it to Cali Grill! haha

We only drove once and we did everything wrong lol but I would totally do it if it was the only way to go! And the way your family does it sounds so fun, I love traditions like that and its a great way to start the trip! We were actually just lamenting about our Disney road trip last night thinking back to how my Mom stupidly allowed Calista who was 3 at the time to get a Mountain Dew Code Red at night on the way home. That girl bounced around from one end of the car to the other for HOURS hahaha oh the memories!

I will definitely let you know if we snag one! Like you, at this point I'm kind of resigning to the fact that we won't get one and its probably not meant to be! If we don't, we will definitely be good with breakfast at Ohanas! Plus a friend of mine is in Disney and we're going to take some pictures with her in the Magic Kingdom that morning so its probably better than I'm not stressing about making it to Cali Grill! haha

At some point, you just gotta accept what's meant to be will be! Sounds like it will probably work out in our favor regardless of whether either of us gets this res or not, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you!

We only drove once and we did everything wrong lol but I would totally do it if it was the only way to go! And the way your family does it sounds so fun, I love traditions like that and its a great way to start the trip! We were actually just lamenting about our Disney road trip last night thinking back to how my Mom stupidly allowed Calista who was 3 at the time to get a Mountain Dew Code Red at night on the way home. That girl bounced around from one end of the car to the other for HOURS hahaha oh the memories!

I'm cracking up at the thought of 3YO Calista on Mountain Dew Code Red late at night in the car ride home from Disney! Grace still does a similar thing, on purpose, so that when it's 2 AM and we're crossing the Maryland state lines, she's sending me Paul Blart memes and singing 80's rock while I'm trying to finally get a little bit of sleep :sad2::rotfl:

Packing/Outfits - Part 1
Hello again! I'm back, and this time, I have a packing update for everyone! There are some outfits that I know I won't be wearing until I get down there, so I decided to make a post about them. The real purpose of this update is to test out updating a TR with photos on my new laptop! I've had my old laptop since 2015. It was a monster of an HP that I got as a High School graduation gift, and old girl is definitely not going to make it through this last semester for me. Grace got a Macbook for her high school graduation, and she loves it so far, and they had a great deal for students, so I bought the same one in silver. It came with a free pair of wireless Beats, which I'm so excited to tag along on our road trip next week! While it's a really nice laptop and I love it so far, it's my first time ever using Mac, so I'm still figuring out the lay of the land.

From what I'm seeing, I'm not thrilled with the photo quality when I upload photos straight from my computer to the DIS. If any other Mac users out there want to tell me how they save the quality of their photos when sharing to DIS, please let me know what you do!

When I pack for Disney, I pack my outfits away in freezer bags. They make things really easy, especially now that we use DVC studios, so there isn't a lot of storage in our rooms! I can just pick up a freezer bag, get dressed, and be off for the day. Plus, they keep all of my planned outfits organized! I'll show you guys a few of them.

My check-in day outfit is a celebration of Magic Kingdom, so I can take a lot of great pics while Mickey & Minnie's Surprise Celebration is still going on! I'll be wearing a pair of Mickey & Minnie shortalls from Torrid. Underneath it, I was able to buy a plain, light blue Comfort Colors tee for $7 on Amazon! My ears for this day are a pair of balloon ears from WordofMouseCo.

My Epcot shirt hasn't come in yet, but it shipped this week! That's the donut themed outfit, so I'll definitely share it once it comes in.

Here's what I'm wearing to MNSSHP. I'll have a pair of running shorts underneath the tutu.

I physically could not be happier with this outfit. The tank top is from TheBlondeRuby, and it shipped out so quickly! The ears are from the Parks, I bought them during my DCP in 2016. And the tutu is from Amazon. Let me show you another pic of the tutu real quick, because it is PERFECT.

I searched Amazon for an actual hour before I took a chance and bought this orange tutu from Bridesmay. Back in February, I bought a tutu for bid day. I bought it off of Amazon, but I bought it from My Lello and it was awful-- really cheap looking and hideous, not nearly enough "poof" for what I was going for. If you're in the market for a tutu (and you should be), Bridesmay was a little more than I wanted to spend, but worth it 100%. I love the length, I love the poof, I love the color.

My DHS Outfit is Toy Story themed! The shirt and shorts are both from Torrid, and I bought the headband on my last trip. The lighting in the room is not my favorite, but those shorts are a minty green.

The final outfit I have for you today is for our last day at Magic Kingdom, since the shirt I'm wearing to Moonlight Magic on Thursday is in the wash right now. I bought the shirt from the Disney Store, which is something I rarely do, since the shirts run so small. I had been eyeing the shirt up for a while, and when we went to TDS for Collector's Key day last month, I saw that it was on clearance and in my size for $8.99! That ended up being the purchase I made to get the Toy Story key, and when I tried it on, I was somehow surprised to see how nice it fit! The shorts are from F21+. I don't frequent F21+ because a lot of the shorts are awkward on me, and these are cute, but I'm not thrilled with them. They're really comfy and they don't look half bad with the shirt, so I'll give them a go for our last day. Life is all about balance, so instead of a headband, I'll wear my "original top knot" hat that I ran around Epcot looking for last year.

Other than my MM and Epcot outfits, this is pretty much it for the "main" daily outfits. I pack an extra outfit for every day, but those are pretty much a few things thrown together that I've worn on earlier trips.

So far, packing is coming along at a better rate than usual for me! But then again, packing clothes isn't the killer for me. Heck, I like packing my suitcase for the most part. It's the toiletry bag, and the technology bags, and getting the park bag together, an all those little odds and ends that seriously kill me every time I pack for Disney :faint:

If you guys have any tips for packing toiletries, tech, and anything else I'm forgetting-- please let me know!

We used to stop at South of the Border every year when I was a kid and we would drive to Disney.

While it's a really nice laptop and I love it so far, it's my first time ever using Mac
Uh, oh... You drank the apple flavored Kool ade.
If you're in the market for a tutu (and you should be)
Well, this is a bold blanket statement... :rotfl2:
ife is all about balance, so instead of a headband, I'll wear my "original top knot" hat that I ran around Epcot looking for last year.
I like the hat!
I pack an extra outfit for every day, but those are pretty much a few things thrown together that I've worn on earlier trips.
::yes:: I hate packing extra clothes, because I hate taking more crap than I need, but always have to have some extras for Disney World.
If you guys have any tips for packing toiletries, tech, and anything else I'm forgetting-- please let me know!
I always pack the clothes then start throwing toiletries and charging cords and all that crap in the bag wherever there's space before realizing I don't have enough space and I then throw it in a small bag and take it too. That's my chaotic system, but it is also the system that forgets a charger for my watch.

Uh, oh... You drank the apple flavored Kool ade.

Pretty much. I like the computer for the most part, but the HP was a little easier to navigate.

Well, this is a bold blanket statement... :rotfl2:

Are you not looking for a new tutu as we speak?!?

I like the hat!

Thank you very much!!

::yes:: I hate packing extra clothes, because I hate taking more crap than I need, but always have to have some extras for Disney World.

Yes, exactly!!! I had so much problems last trip because I thought I was doing the right thing by saving space in my suitcase, but the weather ended up being warmer than expected, and I only had one pair of shorts on me :sad2: Now I'm afraid I'm OVERpacking for this trip.

I always pack the clothes then start throwing toiletries and charging cords and all that crap in the bag wherever there's space before realizing I don't have enough space and I then throw it in a small bag and take it too. That's my chaotic system, but it is also the system that forgets a charger for my watch.

This is the way my dad packs for every other vacation! When we go to Disney, my parents insist on having at least 20 smaller bags for medicine, toiletries, pool stuff, and technology.

I'll be wearing a pair of Mickey & Minnie shortalls from Torrid
Cahyuuuuute!

My ears for this day are a pair of balloon ears from WordofMouseCo.
Oh my goodness these are amazing! I went to look them up on etsy and the shop is down right now. boo.

That's the donut themed outfit, so I'll definitely share it once it comes in.
Still so excited to see this one come together.

Here's what I'm wearing to MNSSHP. I'll have a pair of running shorts underneath the tutu.
Perfect! And so spoopy!

My DHS Outfit is Toy Story themed!
Naturally

The final outfit I have for you today is for our last day at Magic Kingdom
Love love love

Girl you are gonna be slayin the #disneystyle game on your trip. I will of course be posted up on insta looking for all the hot takes.

Cahyuuuuute!

Thank you so much!!!

Oh my goodness these are amazing! I went to look them up on etsy and the shop is down right now. boo.

I love these ears SO much. I don't think she sells on Etsy anymore, she sells straight through her website here! Her next restock is coming up soon!

Still so excited to see this one come together.

I hope it comes together soon, because the seller is making me a little nervous. The shirt has been in pre-shipment for like 3 days, but she assured me it will get to me before the trip. Fingers crossed.

Perfect! And so spoopy!

Thank you!!!

Naturally

I personally would have liked more forky in my outfit, but I will take anything Toy Story themed I can get.

Love love love

Girl you are gonna be slayin the #disneystyle game on your trip. I will of course be posted up on insta looking for all the hot takes.

UGH your endless support means everything to me!!!! I love you so much!!!

I love these ears SO much. I don't think she sells on Etsy anymore, she sells straight through her website here! Her next restock is coming up soon!
Okay holy COW how have I never seen her stuff before! Did you have any issues getting them shipped from the UK?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter