Our Grandest Trip Ever... Literally! - August 2019 PTR *TR LINK POSTED 8/25*

The Single Digit Dance!

It's here once again, ya'll! We'll be at our happy place in 9 days! This calls for the most sacred of all pre-Disney celebrations, the single digit dance!

giphy.gif

source.gif

ThankfulWeakChick-size_restricted.gif

source.gif

Lucius-Best-Dancing-As-Frozone-In-The-Incredibles.gif

giphy.gif

*wipes sweat off of my brow* phew! I think it's finally out of my system. For now.

There's always some dispute in my family between which day we actually "count down" to. Dad insists we count down until Friday, August 16, because he doesn't work that day, so his vacation begins then. Mom insists we count down until Saturday, August 17, because the vacation doesn't start until we're on the road to Disney until late that night. Personally, I count down until Sunday, August 18-- the day we arrive at the parks! So today is single digit dance for me, but dad has been doing the dance for a few days now and mom has been dancing since yesterday.

Makeup rant ahead! I don't know if I mentioned this here before, but I'm trying out Glossier makeup for this trip, and the last two things I ordered are out for delivery this morning. Glossier is a new-ish brand of makeup that's all about helping people achieve a "natural" makeup look, so their products are relatively light and not as heavy as regular makeup, like full-coverage foundation, contouring, etc. The full-makeup look always melts off before noon whenever I'm in the parks during summer, and it sucks up a lot of time in the morning, but I like the way I look in photographs when I wear makeup. Glossier seems to be a good compromise, since it's easy and fast to apply (and I don't need brushes!), but it's not as heavy as normal makeup. For the trip, I ordered the Skin Perfecting Tint, Lidstar eye shadow, Cloud Paint blush, and my personal favorite so far: Balm Dot Com skin & lip salve! I ordered the Birthday BDC, which I was so excited to get my hands on, because everyone at school has a tube and loves it. It's nice a glittery, and it stays on for a long time. I also have the Skin Perfecting Tint. It's not perfect, since it's a "dewy" finish and I prefer a matte finish, but it'll do the job for this trip. I'm going to try my full "park look" today once the lidstar and cloud paint come in. End makeup rant.

I'm getting nervous for the shirt I ordered for my Epcot day. I ordered it during the first few days of July, and it had a 4-week production time. Totally normal for this seller, who I've used before, is well-known and trusted in the Small Shop community, and always puts out great products. On Monday, it went into "Pre-Shipment," which means she created the shipping label for it, but hasn't given it to the post office yet. She did the exact same thing last time, where it was stuck in Pre-Shipment while she was on her own Disney trip. I emailed her with my concern and she assured me that it would be in my hands before we leave a week from today, but I can't help but worry when USPS is involved a week before we leave :scared:

In any case, this is going to be a big weekend! The weekend before vacation always is for us. We'll finish up any last minute shopping tomorrow, then Mom, Grace, and I are getting our eyebrows done on Sunday, which is when we'll go food shopping for the last time. We think we have Friday all mapped out for us. Mom is getting her hair done in the morning, while the cleaning company is supposed to be at our house. While she's doing that, Dad, Grace, and I will go get his truck washed and get it gassed up. Once we're all home again, we'll take Roxie to Best Friends for the week and load up the truck with our luggage. Dad will be in bed by 6, and by 11:30 at night, we'll be on the road to our happy place! :car:

So much to catch up on! I'm in the boat of cringing at the thought of driving from NJ to FL. I once did FL to DC and I said never again lol.

You're outfits are so cute! I love the balloon ears.

Yay for being in the single digits! That's the most agonizing part in my opinion.

There's always some dispute in my family between which day we actually "count down" to. Dad insists we count down until Friday, August 16, because he doesn't work that day, so his vacation begins then. Mom insists we count down until Saturday, August 17, because the vacation doesn't start until we're on the road to Disney until late that night. Personally, I count down until Sunday, August 18-- the day we arrive at the parks! So today is single digit dance for me, but dad has been doing the dance for a few days now and mom has been dancing since yesterday.
Well, whatever it is, you're all there now! I mean, you basically leave in a week and that's when I'd start the countdown... So I guess I'm on team Dad. Either way, it's coming up fast!!
She did the exact same thing last time, where it was stuck in Pre-Shipment while she was on her own Disney trip. I emailed her with my concern and she assured me that it would be in my hands before we leave a week from today, but I can't help but worry when USPS is involved a week before we leave :scared:
Yeah... not leaving a warm and fuzzy feeling there...

I think it's finally out of my system. For now.
But is it ever truly out of our systems?

Makeup rant ahead! I don't know if I mentioned this here before, but I'm trying out Glossier makeup for this trip, and the last two things I ordered are out for delivery this morning. Glossier is a new-ish brand of makeup that's all about helping people achieve a "natural" makeup look, so their products are relatively light and not as heavy as regular makeup, like full-coverage foundation, contouring, etc. The full-makeup look always melts off before noon whenever I'm in the parks during summer, and it sucks up a lot of time in the morning, but I like the way I look in photographs when I wear makeup. Glossier seems to be a good compromise, since it's easy and fast to apply (and I don't need brushes!), but it's not as heavy as normal makeup. For the trip, I ordered the Skin Perfecting Tint, Lidstar eye shadow, Cloud Paint blush, and my personal favorite so far: Balm Dot Com skin & lip salve! I ordered the Birthday BDC, which I was so excited to get my hands on, because everyone at school has a tube and loves it. It's nice a glittery, and it stays on for a long time. I also have the Skin Perfecting Tint. It's not perfect, since it's a "dewy" finish and I prefer a matte finish, but it'll do the job for this trip. I'm going to try my full "park look" today once the lidstar and cloud paint come in. End makeup rant.
Okay 1. Makeup rants are always welcome here. I fully support any and all beauty related ranting. And 2. I might need to try this stuff- it looks perfect for France! I typically go full face on vacation because like you, I like to look good in my photos. But apparently women don't really do the full face thing in France so I'm trying more natural looks (that still hide the fact that I'm ghostly pale and usually look ill without makeup). So you might once again have turned me on to something amazing and for that I bless you.

I'm getting nervous for the shirt I ordered for my Epcot day. I ordered it during the first few days of July, and it had a 4-week production time. Totally normal for this seller, who I've used before, is well-known and trusted in the Small Shop community, and always puts out great products. On Monday, it went into "Pre-Shipment," which means she created the shipping label for it, but hasn't given it to the post office yet. She did the exact same thing last time, where it was stuck in Pre-Shipment while she was on her own Disney trip. I emailed her with my concern and she assured me that it would be in my hands before we leave a week from today, but I can't help but worry when USPS is involved a week before we leave :scared:
Sending good luck vibes!!!

In any case, this is going to be a big weekend! The weekend before vacation always is for us. We'll finish up any last minute shopping tomorrow, then Mom, Grace, and I are getting our eyebrows done on Sunday, which is when we'll go food shopping for the last time. We think we have Friday all mapped out for us. Mom is getting her hair done in the morning, while the cleaning company is supposed to be at our house. While she's doing that, Dad, Grace, and I will go get his truck washed and get it gassed up. Once we're all home again, we'll take Roxie to Best Friends for the week and load up the truck with our luggage. Dad will be in bed by 6, and by 11:30 at night, we'll be on the road to our happy place! :car:
I love that you have such a ritual as a family. It's so cool! I guess that's one neat thing about driving, because you control exactly when you leave and how you prepare. When you fly you're up to whenever the airline decides to put a plane near you and that can mess up a really solid ritual!

So exciting!! I like the idea of the freezer bags, I'm sure thats super helpful to keep everything together! Especially accessories which are a must in Disney!! I may have to adopt this method!

I agree though, clothes packing is the easiest part of a Disney trip. Its definitely the toiletrees and technology that stress me out the most! I actually keep a running list on my phone at all times for packing that I add to when I think of something and I just check things off as I pack them! Its worked out pretty well! Unless I forget to add something to my list, then I'm sunk lol

I definitely always opt for less heavy makeup in Disney! My favorites are IT Cosmetics CC cream and Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizers with a face powder to set!

But is it ever truly out of our systems?

No, no it is not.

Okay 1. Makeup rants are always welcome here. I fully support any and all beauty related ranting. And 2. I might need to try this stuff- it looks perfect for France! I typically go full face on vacation because like you, I like to look good in my photos. But apparently women don't really do the full face thing in France so I'm trying more natural looks (that still hide the fact that I'm ghostly pale and usually look ill without makeup). So you might once again have turned me on to something amazing and for that I bless you.

The rest of my makeup came in, so I have it on right now. I love the way it feels. It's so nice and light, and the skin tint won't transfer. It's a little more oily than I'd like, so I'll use a powder instead of a setting spray when I go to FL, but other than that, this should be perfect for vacation.

Sending good luck vibes!!!

Thank you!!

I love that you have such a ritual as a family. It's so cool! I guess that's one neat thing about driving, because you control exactly when you leave and how you prepare. When you fly you're up to whenever the airline decides to put a plane near you and that can mess up a really solid ritual!

It's kind of scary, actually, how we do everything the same exact way every year. But yeah, I never really thought about how much control driving gives us! Although, I guess it really only puts us in control UNTIL someone gets in an accident and puts us in bumper to bumper traffic for two hours!

So exciting!! I like the idea of the freezer bags, I'm sure thats super helpful to keep everything together! Especially accessories which are a must in Disney!! I may have to adopt this method!

It's especially helpful for DVC studios that sleep 5, since it's hard to unpack in a room without a dresser! I 10/10 recommend!

I agree though, clothes packing is the easiest part of a Disney trip. Its definitely the toiletrees and technology that stress me out the most! I actually keep a running list on my phone at all times for packing that I add to when I think of something and I just check things off as I pack them! Its worked out pretty well! Unless I forget to add something to my list, then I'm sunk lol

I'm so glad I'm not alone!! I think what annoys me most about toiletries/tech is that I really can't pull everything together until the morning/day I leave. Like, I can't pack my phone charger away because I need to charge my phone! And I can't put my tooth brush away because I need to brush my teeth! The phone list is a good idea, I should probably get started on that!

I definitely always opt for less heavy makeup in Disney! My favorites are IT Cosmetics CC cream and Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizers with a face powder to set!

YESSS. Grace LOVES the IT Cosmetics CC cream, so I think I'll have to try that eventually! I'll definitely bring my powder to Disney... thank you for reminding me! I'll add that to my phone list when I start it!

So much to catch up on! I'm in the boat of cringing at the thought of driving from NJ to FL. I once did FL to DC and I said never again lol.

You're outfits are so cute! I love the balloon ears.

Yay for being in the single digits! That's the most agonizing part in my opinion.

It's definitely not for everyone! We have a great captain, though-- Dad is great at getting us there quickly and safely!

Thank you so much, the balloon ears are my favorite!

YAY!!! I completely agree... the last week is ALWAYS the worst!

Well, whatever it is, you're all there now! I mean, you basically leave in a week and that's when I'd start the countdown... So I guess I'm on team Dad. Either way, it's coming up fast!!
Yeah... not leaving a warm and fuzzy feeling there...

You're right: we're all in the single digits, that's what matters!

No, I suppose it doesn't. I have a back-up outfit planned in case the shirt doesn't get here, and I'll wear it during the school year, but I can't lie-- I'll be a little sad if I can't wear it to the Parks this year!

Get your dance on!

I love that you all have different single ditch days!!! :rotfl2:

I totally hear you on stressing about items being here in time, I ordered some late and now i am worried I won’t have them in time 13 days and counting! But I checked with everyone before I ordered that I would have them in time so 🤞🏻!

I feel like depending what’s going on the week before a trip either totally drags or flys by! So here’s to hoping it flys by!!

Dad insists we count down until Friday, August 16, because he doesn't work that day, so his vacation begins then. Mom insists we count down until Saturday, August 17, because the vacation doesn't start until we're on the road to Disney until late that night. Personally, I count down until Sunday, August 18-- the day we arrive at the parks!

I'm with you. A Disney vacation starts when you're on Disney property, not just when you're off work or starting a ridiculous long drive! It's getting so close!!!

The rest of my makeup came in, so I have it on right now. I love the way it feels. It's so nice and light, and the skin tint won't transfer. It's a little more oily than I'd like, so I'll use a powder instead of a setting spray when I go to FL, but other than that, this should be perfect for vacation
I'm loving all the looks on their website. So natural!

Although, I guess it really only puts us in control UNTIL someone gets in an accident and puts us in bumper to bumper traffic for two hours!
Ugh true. But then again there are flight delays and random storms that leave you stranded in an airport for hours... Man I can't wait until we have teleports. Or I learn to apparate. Either one.

Get your dance on!

Thank you for dancing with me!!!

giphy.gif

I love that you all have different single ditch days!!! :rotfl2:

It wouldn't be a vacation with our family if our countdowns weren't scattered all over the place!

I totally hear you on stressing about items being here in time, I ordered some late and now i am worried I won’t have them in time 13 days and counting! But I checked with everyone before I ordered that I would have them in time so 🤞🏻!

Fingers crossed for you!!!

I feel like depending what’s going on the week before a trip either totally drags or flys by! So here’s to hoping it flys by!

Thank you! I hope it flys, too!

I'm with you. A Disney vacation starts when you're on Disney property, not just when you're off work or starting a ridiculous long drive! It's getting so close!!!

YES!!! So glad you agree!!!

I'm loving all the looks on their website. So natural!

Their makeup design and ~*~aesthetics~*~ honestly sold me. That and the fact that I was becoming the only person in my circle of friends without this expensive tube of lip balm.

Ugh true. But then again there are flight delays and random storms that leave you stranded in an airport for hours... Man I can't wait until we have teleports. Or I learn to apparate. Either one.

Us:
giphy.gif

9 DAYS UNTIL I SEE MY CP BESTIE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THREE YEARS?!?! The tears... they are coming... they are not stopping... WHO ALLOWED THIS?! WHO?!?!

9 DAYS UNTIL I SEE MY CP BESTIE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THREE YEARS?!?! The tears... they are coming... they are not stopping... WHO ALLOWED THIS?! WHO?!?!

Do schedules still drop at midnight on Satudays??? If so, please send yours my way at 12:01 so we can plan 🥺🥺🥺

So close! I agree with your Dad, kind of. My vacation starts as soon as my last shift ends!

BTW- the ad at the bottom of this page is for Glossier!

So close! I agree with your Dad, kind of. My vacation starts as soon as my last shift ends!

We're so close now!!! The vacation itself definitely starts as soon as you clock out of that last shift, but I always count down 'til the day I see the castle!

BTW- the ad at the bottom of this page is for Glossier!

How fitting, considering this last update was basically also an ad for Glossier! :rotfl:

Your trip is so close! You put so much thought into your park plans, dining, outfits etc. The planning for me is 1/2 the fun. Love your rituals for the final couple days. I'll be watching for your TR to see how it all turned out!

Your trip is so close! You put so much thought into your park plans, dining, outfits etc. The planning for me is 1/2 the fun. Love your rituals for the final couple days. I'll be watching for your TR to see how it all turned out!

We are SO close now!!! I agree... planning is 1/2 the fun! Thank you so much for the lovely words!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter