Our little thread of BIG changes, the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

So DMIL passed away peacefully this morning at about 9am. Both DH and DBIL (her two boys) were with her when she took her last breath. DH says he needs the vacation to get away and decompress so he has bereavement through the 1st, then vacation...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

So sorry to hear of your loss. :hug:

Gotta do a little :dance3: for stepdisney (yes, you've made my day my friend)

:cool1::rotfl2::rotfl2::cool1: Enjoying being out of school and back on the boards AND YOU my PAS are making MY day :banana::banana::banana:

We are set for August. We don't go back to school until after Labor Day BUT...teachers are back the week before and my DS is now in college and he was sulking when we mentioned we were going after he went back to school soooooo, changed the dates, gave up the beloved FD bounce back and...prayed for a room code. :worried: I am currently reading TR's that focus on Contemporary Resort stays....really thinking about changing today. Already have my FP+ and dining ADR's complete....just this resort thing...stay tuned....

:cool1::rotfl2::rotfl2::cool1: Enjoying being out of school and back on the boards AND YOU my PAS are making MY day :banana::banana::banana:

We are set for August. We don't go back to school until after Labor Day BUT...teachers are back the week before and my DS is now in college and he was sulking when we mentioned we were going after he went back to school soooooo, changed the dates, gave up the beloved FD bounce back and...prayed for a room code. :worried: I am currently reading TR's that focus on Contemporary Resort stays....really thinking about changing today. Already have my FP+ and dining ADR's complete....just this resort thing...stay tuned....

popcorn:: The Contemporary calls.....you must answer :rotfl: Isn't it nuts how tight availability is this summer...CRAZY!!! So happy to hear you are still changing and of course super happy you will be at Disney soon!!!!:dance3: College :faint: can this kids stop aging already???? :hug:

So DMIL passed away peacefully this morning at about 9am. Both DH and DBIL (her two boys) were with her when she took her last breath. DH says he needs the vacation to get away and decompress so he has bereavement through the 1st, then vacation...

I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

Good morning my RCSIC (Resort Change Sisters-In-Crime). School is finally out for summer. Playing catch-up with my Disney Trip Planning. I am booked and paid-in-full at (drum roll)....... Animal Kingdom Lodge.....BUT....my eyes are glued on Contemporary Resort.....longing....wanting to cha cha change....

I've been skulking around the Contemporary Thread incognito :3dglasses, :cool2::santa: (don't think anyone noticed.....)

So far we are 3 days at Hard Rock @ Universal and 5 at AKL.....(not for long if you ask me)

I had to come by and say hello to my peeps. I miss my morning RC check-ins. Who is our current queen?

Have a magical, day everyone. May the Resort Changing Forces be with you all.

Stepdisney (Resort Changing Queen Emeritus)

We're at the Hard Rock now for our first 2 nights/3 days too. :thumbsup2

So I booked the Hard Rock today(AP rate) for our first 2 nights, yay front of the line at Universal. :rockband:

Yesterday I booked the Wilderness Lodge but cancelled it already today. Can't decide where to spend our last 6 nights. It's hard because we really need 3 separate beds so that leaves us with either a bunkbed at AKL or WL or a suite at Art of Animation. Just seems silly to spend all that money just to have someone sleep on an airbed on the floor, ya know? Ok, so at least I narrowed it down. LOL

Then there's "free" dining or no "free" dining? I wish a room only discount would come out for our dates. pixiedust:

Decisions, decisions...............I feel like I'm never gonna decide. :confused3

I'll be staying at OKW when I go this fall (renting points). For next April I'm going to be staying at BCV for a few nights, but want a split stay so I can enjoy a couple of hotels where I have never stayed before (some of the ones I've mentioned) And since I've never been unhappy at any Disney hotel I've stayed at it can be a challenge as I'm sure you all will attest to. Each one seems to have it's unique points about it. Oh well, at least I have a little time to make up my mind. I have never ever stayed club/concierge level at any hotel anywhere, so I'd love to be able to try that sometime (will likely be on the deluxe dining plan so I probably won't eat much of the food/snacks at the lounge anyway, but will be fun to experience) One of the reasons why The Polynesian is on my list despite the construction is the possibility that Trader Sam's will be open by the end of April. But the Grand Floridian from what I'm told you can hear the coyote or whatever from the haunted mansion in the distance (plus it looks cool lol) Never stayed at AKL but I'd love to see the animals especially a giraffe from my room) Wilderness lodge looks fun and is a boat ride away from Magic Kingdom. BW & YC are a walk from epcot and I'd be close to the other hotel I'd be staying at. Contemporary is a walk from MK which is nice and the list goes on lol. I'm sure that what is available at what discount will undoubtedly help make my decision a bit easier.

I am so sorry. Keeping your family in our prayers. :grouphug:

pixiedust: Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your get away!

Thank you!! Even though we will be doing a little work, I know we'll have fun.

Muwhahahaha.......I changed again!

DH and I decided to move our trip to the end of October! I did make one non changeable commitment, I bought MNSSHP tickets for 10/31 today! :eek::hyper: Made me nervous, since it was a big purchase!

Haven't booked a resort yet, I'm gonna wait and see if discounts come out!!

New dates 10/25-11/2 :woohoo::woohoo:

I have never been on Halloween, we love going to MNSSHP.

Well I had to cancel our reservation in order to RC for my girls only trip. We are no longer at the BWI, but are going to be at Shades of Green. The dates are still December 1 - 5. I'm a little sad about having to change from the BWI, but I'm excited to get to stay at SoG since this trip will likely be my only chance to stay there. My friend has only stayed there once. If any of y'all have stayed there, I would love to know what you though of it. Now on to changing the siggy/ ticker, and then getting ready for this weekend.

Was also wondering if I am setting myself up for a disappointment by wanting a 35percent discount deluxe resort from either a)bounceback offer, or b)annual pass discount
It will be late April and even though the flower and garden festival is still probably going to be on, easter is the beginning of the month, and I would have thought spring break would be pretty much over with by then. So hopefully this will make a difference as to whether I could get one.

Kohl - I hope your family is doing okay. Please let us know if you need ANYTHING! *HUGS*

hallie - FOTL access is awesome! Enjoy!
We also required 3 beds (we have a family friend coming on Sep trip and our DD6 swims in her sleep so we didn't wan to make her share!). Have you looked into the daybed resorts? We had a daybed at YC last trip and MIL would move over to it in the early AM so she could stretch out and type on her computer without waking anyone. I know they aren't guaranteed at some of the resorts (as the boards like to say over and over) but if you are going during a slower time I am sure you could just about secure one.

Travellerman - I would def try to narrow down before discounts come out... make a #1, #2, and #3 choice list. If next set of discounts go anything like FD, the phones will be insane and it would be so much easier if you know what you're looking for to secure it. Not saying you have to be like THIS RESORT ONLYYYYYY!!!, but if you have a priority list it might help. :)

Well I had to cancel our reservation in order to RC for my girls only trip. We are no longer at the BWI, but are going to be at Shades of Green. The dates are still December 1 - 5. I'm a little sad about having to change from the BWI, but I'm excited to get to stay at SoG since this trip will likely be my only chance to stay there. My friend has only stayed there once. If any of y'all have stayed there, I would love to know what you though of it. Now on to changing the siggy/ ticker, and then getting ready for this weekend.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

What SoG lacks in theme and dining, it makes up for in price and location!!! Also, the pools were just redone and the drinks are cheap at the bars (I about fainted when I saw the price at SAB!!!). We also like to shop the little Mini Mart there (great place to grab little things). Honestly, if you can get a room looking over the back side and the golf course, you'll be in love!!! The solitude of OKW but walking distance to the monorail!

Of course, I say all this and I am thinking you're only one discount announcement away from a ch-ch-change!!! *fingers crossed* The new military rates come out soon!!!

We bought our military salute tickets today so we're stuck going for at least 4 days before Sep 27! It always kills me how uninformed the ticket office people can be... my dream job is to work there and I wouldn't even need training!!! *sighs* Also, I noticed WL page has the renovations posted now. Like rats on a sinking ship, the hotel has emptied out -- SOOO much availability!!! We're still holding strong and honestly looking forward to going to CR and FW to explore a bit.... well, I am; DH has resigned himself to that being more of a reconnaissance mission for future trips.

Wedding this weekend and then ILs head out. I get along well with them, but I thikn we are all at our max tolerance level for each others proclivities. Plus, it will be nice to get back to routine and let LO veg for a bit!!!

Hope all is well! Happy almost FRIDAY!

:grouphug: Krystal, my sympathies to you and yours. I'm glad it was peaceful, surrounded by loving family. :angel:

So I booked the Hard Rock today(AP rate) for our first 2 nights, yay front of the line at Universal. :rockband:

Yesterday I booked the Wilderness Lodge but cancelled it already today. Can't decide where to spend our last 6 nights. It's hard because we really need 3 separate beds so that leaves us with either a bunkbed at AKL or WL or a suite at Art of Animation. Just seems silly to spend all that money just to have someone sleep on an airbed on the floor, ya know? Ok, so at least I narrowed it down. LOL

Then there's "free" dining or no "free" dining? I wish a room only discount would come out for our dates. pixiedust:

Decisions, decisions...............I feel like I'm never gonna decide. :confused3

Hi Hallie:

My wish was for free dining once again. This will make our first non-free dining" trip since 2005 (the first year it came out). I love it, love it, love it. This will be our first time at HRH. We have stayed twice at RPR and once at Portofino Bay (both beautifully themed hotels). I can't wait for HRH but liked RPR better than Portofino Bay. We chose AKL bunk bed rooms for the same reason, we need 3 beds. One reason we love YC is because of the day bed. Can't see spending money and sleeping on the floor either!!

We're at the Hard Rock now for our first 2 nights/3 days too. :thumbsup2
LOVE LOVE LOVE Hard Rock, well we love all the Universal resorts but Hard Rock was the kids favorite for sure!

3 beds, eh....Poly, GF, CR, BWI....just sayin' :rotfl2: I was trying to talk DH into a split last night and he keeps comparing everything in square footage with OKW...:rolleyes1 okay fine I won't change it)...:teacher: We haven't done FD since we all fit in a FWC...with two rooms it just isn't a bargain it seems. Discounts will be out soon!!

I'll be staying at OKW when I go this fall (renting points). For next April I'm going to be staying at BCV for a few nights, but want a split stay so I can enjoy a couple of hotels where I have never stayed before (some of the ones I've mentioned) And since I've never been unhappy at any Disney hotel I've stayed at it can be a challenge as I'm sure you all will attest to. Each one seems to have it's unique points about it. Oh well, at least I have a little time to make up my mind. I have never ever stayed club/concierge level at any hotel anywhere, so I'd love to be able to try that sometime (will likely be on the deluxe dining plan so I probably won't eat much of the food/snacks at the lounge anyway, but will be fun to experience) One of the reasons why The Polynesian is on my list despite the construction is the possibility that Trader Sam's will be open by the end of April. But the Grand Floridian from what I'm told you can hear the coyote or whatever from the haunted mansion in the distance (plus it looks cool lol) Never stayed at AKL but I'd love to see the animals especially a giraffe from my room) Wilderness lodge looks fun and is a boat ride away from Magic Kingdom. BW & YC are a walk from epcot and I'd be close to the other hotel I'd be staying at. Contemporary is a walk from MK which is nice and the list goes on lol. I'm sure that what is available at what discount will undoubtedly help make my decision a bit easier.
Club level is super cool, but it spoiled me. And I am guilty of dragging the family back for offerings which annoys my DH :p AKL is back on my radar thanks step:lmao: but DH gave me the reponse, I want to stay somewhere new...the biggest bang for your buck deluxe wise will be WL...IMO

I got an email to rent points super cheap at SSR..and I priced out a BLT/SSR split which was comparable to what we have now. I still got a big fat no...

I will say that I usually do NOT listen to my DH, but I am trying to this trip..really trying

SoG is in a great location with big rooms, right???:teacher::dance3:

Was also wondering if I am setting myself up for a disappointment by wanting a 35percent discount deluxe resort from either a)bounceback offer, or b)annual pass discount
It will be late April and even though the flower and garden festival is still probably going to be on, easter is the beginning of the month, and I would have thought spring break would be pretty much over with by then. So hopefully this will make a difference as to whether I could get one.
The AP rates are usually 35% right?? And late April has been included historically!

What SoG lacks in theme and dining, it makes up for in price and location!!! Also, the pools were just redone and the drinks are cheap at the bars (I about fainted when I saw the price at SAB!!!). We also like to shop the little Mini Mart there (great place to grab little things). Honestly, if you can get a room looking over the back side and the golf course, you'll be in love!!! The solitude of OKW but walking distance to the monorail!

Of course, I say all this and I am thinking you're only one discount announcement away from a ch-ch-change!!! *fingers crossed* The new military rates come out soon!!!

We bought our military salute tickets today so we're stuck going for at least 4 days before Sep 27! It always kills me how uninformed the ticket office people can be... my dream job is to work there and I wouldn't even need training!!! *sighs* Also, I noticed WL page has the renovations posted now. Like rats on a sinking ship, the hotel has emptied out -- SOOO much availability!!! We're still holding strong and honestly looking forward to going to CR and FW to explore a bit.... well, I am; DH has resigned himself to that being more of a reconnaissance mission for future trips.

Wedding this weekend and then ILs head out. I get along well with them, but I thikn we are all at our max tolerance level for each others proclivities. Plus, it will be nice to get back to routine and let LO veg for a bit!!!

Hope all is well! Happy almost FRIDAY!
:coffee: Why is there no availability at VWL ;)

My wish was for free dining once again. This will make our first non-free dining" trip since 2005 (the first year it came out). I love it, love it, love it. This will be our first time at HRH. We have stayed twice at RPR and once at Portofino Bay (both beautifully themed hotels). I can't wait for HRH but liked RPR better than Portofino Bay. We chose AKL bunk bed rooms for the same reason, we need 3 beds. One reason we love YC is because of the day bed. Can't see spending money and sleeping on the floor either!!
You will love it! It's like walking around a rock museum. The beds were comfy! They do have rollaways available. The pool was awesome, and the walk to US even better. The kids walked through the butterfly garden there. We love all the Universal hotels, but HRH is the kids and DH's favorite. I am undecided SHOCKING I know! My DS5 was pretend flying his jet and Hard Rock was the destination last night :scratchin No no will.not.split :cool2:

:wave2: A Happy Friday to Everyone!!

Just wanted to share a little bit of Disney with all my favorite RC Peeps ....

Back to catching up after I get some coffee:coffee:
Heather

Heather

Morning Heather!!! :hug: How did you know I was pricing out a split with VGF :coffee: :rotfl:

Heather
I woke up and on my way to my coffee my "soon to be 17" ds announces he is having a pool party at noon today:eek:

Good thing my boss is understanding about me playing hooky:thumbsup2

I think that's mainly as his other job is my dh and he knows he will be at work while I put up with the running and splashing:rotfl2:

That picture really makes me wish I was there :cloud9:

Going to be busy this weekend, grad parties and ds family party is Sunday:wizard:

We did that the year WWOHP opened:banana:

Dd and I had a mom n me planned. 2 nights at HRH then 4 nights at Poly:cloud9:

I'm not kidding, the week before ds then 13 decided he wanted to see Harry after all:rotfl2:

They could only come for 3night so they came for one night at HRH and 2 poly.

Even dh who had not read the books a million times like dd and I loved being able to walk right in and see it all. Frozen Butterbeer and Cauldron Cakes from Honeydukes were some of our favs. :goodvibes

hallie - FOTL access is awesome! Enjoy!
We also required 3 beds (we have a family friend coming on Sep trip and our DD6 swims in her sleep so we didn't wan to make her share!). Have you looked into the daybed resorts? We had a daybed at YC last trip and MIL would move over to it in the early AM so she could stretch out and type on her computer without waking anyone. I know they aren't guaranteed at some of the resorts (as the boards like to say over and over) but if you are going during a slower time I am sure you could just about secure one.

Yacht club isn't available for my stay, it is an awesome resort! Right now its either free dining or rack rate & can't bring myself to pay rack rate somewhere free dining was available, it would drive me crazy!

Hi Hallie:

We stayed at Hard Rock a couple years ago and loved it, it's a really nice resort!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE Hard Rock, well we love all the Universal resorts but Hard Rock was the kids favorite for sure!

3 beds, eh....Poly, GF, CR, BWI....just sayin' :rotfl2: I was trying to talk DH into a split last night and he keeps comparing everything in square footage with OKW...:rolleyes1 okay fine I won't change it)...:teacher: We haven't done FD since we all fit in a FWC...with two rooms it just isn't a bargain it seems. Discounts will be out soon!!

Come on discounts!!! Right now the only daybed resort open with free dining is the Polynesian but it's only club level. :eek: lol Way too expensive for my budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter