Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another possible change: I'm thinking about canceling our Oct/Nov trip ... that way I don't have to worry about what the wedding dates are. And then booking a trip for Aug/Sept. I know it will be a lot hotter but probably less crowds. DD and I do love our pool time. :beach: I checked the DVC member site and I could still get AKV and OKW which are the resorts I wanted. The other positive is that there would be more time until the Dec Granny trip ..... :confused3

Thoughts? Ideas?????

If the heat and humidity doesn't bother you over much, I think late August is great. We go that time every year. It's value season, so discounts tend to be better, and crowds are lower. We love our pool time too. The heat doesn't bother me. I wish I could go early sept, but I have to be back at school (work).

Happy Tuesday!
A big RC welcome to Willow, SeptemberGirl, Tara and TT4! :welcome:

Willow-Fun to hear about your plans!:goodvibes

SeptemberGirl-We love the Epcot resorts, too. Theres just something so nice about walking around that boardwalk. :cloud9:

TaraPA- Whatever room you choose, enjoy BWI!!:cheer2:

TT4Dis- It would be fun to have stayed at all the resorts. :cool1:

Pas-Multiple crewmembers ill? :eek:

Jenny-The great thing about BC is that the store and quick service are so convenient! I tend to request a room near the elevators there. We didnt miss CL there, we found we could grab something and go pretty easily.
Loved the photo of the beach and your cuties!:goodvibes

Babyberger- Summer and kids--its a lot of fun, but by the end they are so ready to go back. I think the timing works out pretty well. :laughing:

Miss-Hooray for the BB! Thank you for your awesome photos!!:cheer2:

Dani-I think it would be fun to enjoy the theming at POP, and then switch.:thumbsup2

Wookie-Im a toes in the sand girl, too. I love it even if its a fake beach&:beach:

Magic
-Sounds like everyone is feeling better, good. Have fun planning on your July trip, thats coming up soon!:yay:

SueM- Thats great that you are out walking with your dogs. Hope you are feeling a bit better each day. What fun you are going to surprise your DD with a visit to GF. :woohoo:

Sjs314-Congrats on weight loss! :goodvibes

Koh-I like your changes! Looking forward to hearing about Seaworld, too!:cool1:

GG-Hope youre able to get a great deal on your return flight! :thumbsup2

Kook
-Still pondering? Keep us posted.:goodvibes

Lacey-Your Oct trip sounds great! Being able to walk to F&W is such fun! :banana:

Janet- I think this RCer is finally set. AKL/BWI split, Sept 24-Oct1st. There comes a point where changing is too much workespecially when Im happy with our dining plans. Now I just have to patiently wait for Sept. :laughing:

Heather
-Hope youre having a great time in Cancun!:cool1:

MM-This time of year I start waiting for information on F&W. Hope its out pretty soon!:banana:

-----------------------------------

Got an email from Delta with flight changes, I called and got it arranged a bit better for us. We're leaving earlier, but we get to WDW before noon! :dance3::banana:

Thanks for the good wishes! Took a step backwards today, did too much. Good thing my daughter isn't on Dis!! Lol. I can't wait to see her face when we pull up to GF!

:cheer2: for you getting to wdw early! I'd have to take a red eye to get in that early!

I saw some posts about your friend Sarah. I am so sorry for your loss. My mom died of metastatic breast cancer in September. I don't mean to trot out my whole life, but I do understand that loss very well. She was one of my best friends and I miss her every day.
Hi SeptemberGirl. Just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss. I just loss my mum/best friend to cancer too and it is hard to keep it together some days (seems like every day).
:hug:

WOOHOO!!!! You found us!!! WELCOME!!!! Did you just have a baby??Expecting?? We love kiddos here :love:
ETA: Just saw...an October baby!!! Our last RC Momma was Dani when she was pregnant with Princess Lily!!! Yay!!!
Thank you!! I did just have Robert, and I thank my lucky stars for him every day. He is such a blessing to me that I didn't know I needed. Like the song at the end of Princess and the Frog. :goodvibes
I know I am going to like it here.

Jeanette:
Hi Alysa!! I still say I love your creative movie nights!! THey are awesome! Did you get that heavy rain last night?? Thank goodness the sun is out here today!
Well, DH didn't bat an eyelash as he was listening to my conversation with CRO last night, thank goodness. He just accepts my nuttiness now!;) He has gone golfing at Glen Abbey today (a very posh golf course!:snooty: and we are so not posh!) He had to go and buy some acceptable golf shorts to wear as apparently his cargo shorts were not going to cut it there!
So I am on my own with a houseful of 5 girls after school, a couple of playdates going on over here. They all have AG dolls, so it should be cute. And my fridge is pretty near empty!! Looks like a pizza night.:p WISH ME LUCK!!
Hi Jenny - thank you, those movie nights are keeping me same this year! They give me something to do with the kids when I start to stress about things lately. And we did get so much rain it overflowed the pool! :scared:
Are you guys in Okaville? We used to live right beside Glen Abbey. Pretty there, hope your DH had a great day!
Hoep your girls had a wonderful AG party. So fun!

:welcome: congrats on the new little angel.
Thank you! He is quite delicious! :goodvibes

Soooooo, does anyone know anything interesting about Boardwalk Villas? :rolleyes1 :rotfl:
We are DVC owners at the Boardwalk and we have only stayed there twice. It was maybe just us but they seemed to not be very friendly there and friendly is important to us. The hotel is very beautiful though. And the quite pools are divine.

Alysa :wave2: Love this place!
Thank you! I think I do already too! :)

:confused: why did I think it would be a good idea to do a short (is there such a thing) Costco shop today????? A little too much me thinks! Leg now up resting. But on the bright side, I did get a new pr of Bermuda shorts, and cute pink zip up light weight jacket for August trip :rolleyes: Now my knee hurts!!!
I'm sorry to hear about your knee. I never go to costco anymore for the simple reason that I go for one thing like diapers and end up spending $250. I cannot get out without spending at least that. So bad!!!

Thanks again for the lovely warm welcome everyone! :grouphug:

Hi SeptemberGirl. Just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss. I just loss my mum/best friend to cancer too and it is hard to keep it together some days (seems like every day).

Thank you!! I did just have Robert, and I thank my lucky stars for him every day. He is such a blessing to me that I didn't know I needed. Like the song at the end of Princess and the Frog. :goodvibes
I know I am going to like it here.

Hi Jenny - thank you, those movie nights are keeping me same this year! They give me something to do with the kids when I start to stress about things lately. And we did get so much rain it overflowed the pool! :scared:
Are you guys in Okaville? We used to live right beside Glen Abbey. Pretty there, hope your DH had a great day!
Hoep your girls had a wonderful AG party. So fun!

Thank you! He is quite delicious! :goodvibes

We are DVC owners at the Boardwalk and we have only stayed there twice. It was maybe just us but they seemed to not be very friendly there and friendly is important to us. The hotel is very beautiful though. And the quite pools are divine.

Thank you! I think I do already too! :)

I'm sorry to hear about your knee. I never go to costco anymore for the simple reason that I go for one thing like diapers and end up spending $250. I cannot get out without spending at least that. So bad!!!

Thanks again for the lovely warm welcome everyone! :grouphug:

Me too :sad2: I'm bad. I went for dinner stuff, but the clothing just jumps in my cart. Honest :rolleyes1

Me too :sad2: I'm bad. I went for dinner stuff, but the clothing just jumps in my cart. Honest :rolleyes1
:rotfl:
That happens to me too! I get into the store and "Ooooo" - there is the latest book I wanted, sleepers for the baby, a Disney DVD, a Roots watch for my husband for his birthday, some fabulous new type of granola bar. A 4 L bag of the new Lactancia dark chocolate milk they were doing an evil taste test for, diapers, wipes, baby soap, and sunscreen and boom! I get to the cash and $300! Every. Single. Time!

Congrats on getting your BB! Great pics, brings back fun memories of our stay last August! Did you find the hidden Mickey in the trellis yet?
Where are the Zebra Dome pics :confused3

I knew I was forgetting something! Need to go and visit The Mara before we leave this evening. (It's the left trellis as you look at the back of the building from outside? Maybe I was staring at the wrong one yesterday! :lmao: )

Here's my final "Good Morning from AKL" (really wish I had brought my real camera, doh.) Have a great day, ladies. :goodvibes

20130612_074638-1_zps0d159b88.jpg

I knew I was forgetting something! Need to go and visit The Mara before we leave this evening. (It's the left trellis as you look at the back of the building from outside? Maybe I was staring at the wrong one yesterday! :lmao: )

Here's my final "Good Morning from AKL" (really wish I had brought my real camera, doh.) Have a great day, ladies. :goodvibes

20130612_074638-1_zps0d159b88.jpg

Now I am being tempted back towards AKL! My sister wants to save this resort for 2 years from now when my oldest niece, the huge animal lover, "graduates" from 4th to 5th grade. That is the transition to middle school here and she still is going to get the trip even though she may not attend that school. But, any excuse to go to WDW is good enough for me!

BTW - my TA did call and get everything changed over to the CBR pirate room! :-) and I just ordered a few things from the Disney Store for the trip. Jake and Izzy pjs, a Jake and the Neverland Pirates activity book, and a tote bag. Got a coloring book the other day too. Might check out Five Below and see if I can find any other pirate goodies. :-)

Would like to find some good travel bingo cards too...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Krystal Congrates on the change to the Pirate Room! :yay:

Miss thank You so much for all the great pictures of AKL :goodvibes

Now I am being tempted back towards AKL! My sister wants to save this resort for 2 years from now when my oldest niece, the huge animal lover, "graduates" from 4th to 5th grade. That is the transition to middle school here and she still is going to get the trip even though she may not attend that school. But, any excuse to go to WDW is good enough for me!

TT4D I am right there with you getting the AKL bug, good thing I booked thru my friend (TA) and don't want to bother her it is just too tempting to change resorts when you book yourself thru CRO :rotfl2:

Missoutandabout - I saw you're considering BWV. I'm new to this thread but I'll throw my 2 cents in...

I am IN LOVE with BWV. IN LOVE. Ok can a person be in love with a resort????? I shared a 1BR with 2 girl friends in April, and we had 3 other friends split between 2 studios. Now I will say we were totally spoiled with the location - we had a BW view right by the lobby - simply amazing. The friends in studios were standard view & they were a hike to the lobby.

I love having hustle & bustle right there, and even though there's no QS inside BW, there's a billion places to grab food on the BW or nearby. The walk to Epcot from BWV was very quick. The resort is GORGEOUS.

About that clown slide...:rolleyes1...I was never a fan of it in pictures but I'll say I honestly didn't even notice it when we were there. Yes the villas have their own quiet pool (with a hot tub!) which we used, but when walking around the main pool, the clown was a non-issue. It just blended in with the landscaping & surroundings that it wasn't very noticeable.

Enjoy your last day at AKL. We had a similar view in March, I loved waking up to all the animals outside! AKL was my favorite until I found BW....

Missoutandabout - I saw you're considering BWV. I'm new to this thread but I'll throw my 2 cents in...

I am IN LOVE with BWV. IN LOVE. Ok can a person be in love with a resort????? I shared a 1BR with 2 girl friends in April, and we had 3 other friends split between 2 studios. Now I will say we were totally spoiled with the location - we had a BW view right by the lobby - simply amazing. The friends in studios were standard view & they were a hike to the lobby.

I love having hustle & bustle right there, and even though there's no QS inside BW, there's a billion places to grab food on the BW or nearby. The walk to Epcot from BWV was very quick. The resort is GORGEOUS.

About that clown slide...:rolleyes1...I was never a fan of it in pictures but I'll say I honestly didn't even notice it when we were there. Yes the villas have their own quiet pool (with a hot tub!) which we used, but when walking around the main pool, the clown was a non-issue. It just blended in with the landscaping & surroundings that it wasn't very noticeable.

Enjoy your last day at AKL. We had a similar view in March, I loved waking up to all the animals outside! AKL was my favorite until I found BW....

Tara! What are your dates for September again??? We extended our trip by 2 days on the front end...I know we had a tiny overlap...perhaps bigger now??? 9/27/13-10/2/13 :goodvibes

Tara! What are your dates for September again??? We extended our trip by 2 days on the front end...I know we had a tiny overlap...perhaps bigger now??? 9/27/13-10/2/13 :goodvibes

It's now 10/2-6....bummer! Nothing booked yet, waiting for AP discounts to come out!

And, ok ladies....convince me that I don't neeeeeed CL to enjoy my trip. Go ahead, convince me.......

I'm a CL addict and need to break this habit!!! :lmao:

Oh, and Alysa - welcome!!! Do I remember you popping in to my PTR some time ago??? Congrats on the bambino!! :cool1:

It's now 10/2-6....bummer! Nothing booked yet, waiting for AP discounts to come out!

Well, our flight doesn't leave until 6 pm on 10/2, so we will have some time that day to do stuff! Maybe meet up again, instead of in the crowds at Wishes. :lmao:

Well, our flight doesn't leave until 6 pm on 10/2, so we will have some time that day to do stuff! Maybe meet up again, instead of in the crowds at Wishes. :lmao:

Awesome! The flight I'm watching arrives into MCO at 1pm so it might work out. That was a crazy DISMeet - how I spotted you in that crazy crowd I have no idea!

And about CL....we've gotten spoiled with it too...but I HAVE to get a 35% discount on it to justify it.

Awesome! The flight I'm watching arrives into MCO at 1pm so it might work out. That was a crazy DISMeet - how I spotted you in that crazy crowd I have no idea!

And about CL....we've gotten spoiled with it too...but I HAVE to get a 35% discount on it to justify it.

You have great eyesight! That was unbelievable and a crazy coincidence! I keep seeing those segments on the Disney channel with Ross Lynch at all the parks and think it's funny that that was while we were there!

I have only done CL with a 40% discount...but would do 35% as well....but I really, really, really would just like to take a regular room....it's sooooo hard!!! :p

Every time I see the clips with Ross Lynch on Disney Channel I'm like "uh huh, yeah, there he is, he's my bud...we hung together in WDW!" :rotfl2: My kids roll their eyes. Did you see someone posted (was it Dani?) that Drake Bell was at the Poly last week. I would have fainted - I LOVE him!

We probably won't do CL unless it's a Deluxe Room if the 4 of us go. Space is sooooo important to us, we just cannot be comfortable sharing a regular room. We love staying in a villa & now that I've discovered renting points, paying for a Deluxe CL room just seems so $$$$. Yet I have one booked for August, because it's the only larger room that guarantees a BW view. There are no BW view villas available for my dates. So for now I'm keeping it....:rolleyes1

Hey girls! I know I've been MIA, sorry! DD2 has been sick and DS8 and DS7 have decided that the other is just the worst person in the world lately :headache: Ah! Summer vacation :sad2: I've been trying to read along when I can :)

I see a lot of new faces. ::wave2::

Miss - The pix are AMAZING. I am in love with AKL! :love:

Sue -Sorry for the set back with your leg. Take it easy, ok? :hug:

Heather - Hope you are enjoying Cancun. Your view is awesome!

Jenny - BC w/o CL sounds like a good compromise. While I am a total CL addict, I think the easiest place for me to drop it would be at YC/BC. :goodvibes

Hi to Wookie, Janet, pas, GG, lacey, Melissa, Sheila, and everybody else!

A bit of news here. I got bitten by the AP bug again thanks to the rocking airfare drop and loads of SW Rapid Rewards to burn.:rolleyes1 I just could not say no to a grand total of $68 for all 6 of us to fly nonstop. :cheer2:

So...... airfare is booked for 10/24-10/28 for our first F&W trip! :yay: We will probably end up at POR because Deluxe this trip is so not in the budget. :crazy2:

Of course, I could make some changes to August to free up some money... :scratchin

Have a great day all, my little sicky is calling for me again. Poor thing. :sick:

Liz: I know what you mean , I still don't understand why one would sign up for a support thread, or even Disney forum for that matter and then decide to just be mean and judgmental. Their real lives must be severely lacking.

So sorry about your mother. :hug: How heartbreaking.

Jen

Jen - thank you. :goodvibes

Loved you husband's pics and the story! Also, the girls and the dolls - I find it so sweet when little girls play like that. My DD is 8, turning 9 this summer, and her GS troop just went to the AG store. Their cookie sales paid for lunch for each girl and mom and $10 for them to spend. They had a blast and seeing them all carry their dolls around and play on the train was so cute. They are going to get older so fast - I'm just happy we could do this now.

Another possible change: I'm thinking about canceling our Oct/Nov trip ... that way I don't have to worry about what the wedding dates are. And then booking a trip for Aug/Sept. I know it will be a lot hotter but probably less crowds. DD and I do love our pool time. :beach: I checked the DVC member site and I could still get AKV and OKW which are the resorts I wanted. The other positive is that there would be more time until the Dec Granny trip ..... :confused3

Thoughts? Ideas?????

I second, or third, the late August/September trip. Love those times. Wish I could still go in September! Well, that will change in 9 short years!!!

:confused: why did I think it would be a good idea to do a short ( is there such a thing) Costco shop today ????? A little too much me thinks! Leg now up resting. But on the bright side, I did get a new pr of Bermuda shorts, and cute pink zip up light weight jacket for August trip :rolleyes:
Now my knee hurts!!!

Every single time I go to Costco for a big shop, it rains. Pours. Every time. I have never done a quick trip there!

Yep, I changed over to BWV in October on the BB rate... knocked another $100 off the total and even though it isn't the BC/YC, it's the Epcot area during F&W and our favourite park is DHS... so that's a good thing, right? (Go on and reassure me. :lmao: )

Those were amazing pics!!!

I love BWV. I've stayed at BWI once and the villas once. The time I stayed at the villas, the main pool was being renovated, so the scary clown couldn't get me. The quiet pool was close, and nice, and I loved it.

If the heat and humidity doesn't bother you over much, I think late August is great. We go that time every year. It's value season, so discounts tend to be better, and crowds are lower. We love our pool time too. The heat doesn't bother me. I wish I could go early sept, but I have to be back at school (work).

I am thinking of a trip this August! That's my next planning obsession.

QUOTE]

Thank you. I'm so sorry for your loss, too. I hate that this is something so many people share. I love being able to say to someone, hey did you feel this, too? But I wouldn't wish it on anyone. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter