Our Super Deluxe 10th Anniversary PTR @ WL May 2010 w/ Deluxe Dining & Lots of Photos

P.I. Squirrel

DIS Veteran
Hey and :welcome: everyone to our PTR !!!!

Before we begin with the details, I have to be totally honest. DW, who shall remain nameless (until later in this post:lovestruc ), is usually our TR narrator. However, there are Facebook farms and aquariums to be tended to :lmao:, so I have picked up the ball to keep all our friends up to date. After all, I always kept telling her what to post in our previous TR's, and if I did it again this time I'd probably have my avatar replaced with a donkey. :goodvibes

Now, it's time to meet everyone. First and foremost is your humble tourguide.

Me ~ Jason. I just turned 40 years old (hold your laughter) and Disney World is my Fountain of Youth. I didn't visit for the first time until I was, I dunno, 29, 30? I forget at my old age. :cool1:

100_0137-1.jpg

Next ~ DW, Amanda, otherwise known as BentleyGirl22. Amanda is 3....oh, I'm glad I caught myself on that one:scared: . She's donated money to the Disney cause since childhood. It's fairly easy. I say "Where are we going on vacation this year?" By the time I get past "we", she has Disney's reservation site pulled up, looking at resort deals.

100_0105.jpg

Our DS ~ James. James is the serious one. At 9 years old, he is the quintessential big brother. With his background as a budding Imagineer, James can't wait to design his own theme park.

100_0092.jpg

And Our DD ~ Alexis. Alexis is 7 years old, and is a drama-queen-in-training. Alexis knows Disney World inside and out. If Amanda and I were struck blind tomorrow, Alexis could get us anywhere we needed to go.

100_0154.jpg

And now, we get to the 'Where' and the 'When'. But in doing so, I have to give you the 'Why'. Amanda and my tenth wedding anniversary is May 27th. After ten years of enjoyment, we have decided to do something extra special. We will be celebrating the whole week, May 23rd through the 29th. We usually stay at Pop Century. But, given the circumstances, I can't 'cheap-out' this time. So, we booked a Woods View room at the Wilderness Lodge. Woo-hoo :cool1:

01.jpg

Well, that's my intro, and I'm sticking to it. We'll be back as always to give the info on the plans soon.

Thanks for coming along!!

Always love me a new PTR to follow! Great intro!

YAY!!!!!!! I am glad you guys are doing a PTR!!! I expect to see tons and tons of pictures....especially of food!! lol!

Tell Amanda to "GET OFF THE FARM!!!" hahahahaha

Will this be your first stay at/visit to Wilderness Lodge?

I will be along for the trip.
My three year old granddaughter is an official Disney World tour guide, as well. :)

I'm jumping in! We will be celebrating our 10th Anniversary August of 2011, I will have to have DH read along, maybe he'll catch the drift...:idea: The Wilderness Lodge always looks so beautiful, can't wait to hear all your plans!!

I'm here too!!! Thanks to FB status updates I am able to be here for the start :) Can't wait to hear about the ADRs you booked!!!

Okay...i'm in. Not many guy DISers...so this should be good.

Hey, Jordan! Glad you could make it.

Always love me a new PTR to follow! Great intro!

Thanks. And Welcome.

YAY!!!!!!! I am glad you guys are doing a PTR!!! I expect to see tons and tons of pictures....especially of food!! lol!

Tell Amanda to "GET OFF THE FARM!!!" hahahahaha

Hey Heather!!!! Yes, there will be tons of pics. One problem is half our pics are on Amanda's MySpace, which I can't access from work.

Tell Hollie that Alexis says 'HEY!'

Cool, thanks, and keep on readin'.

Will this be your first stay at/visit to Wilderness Lodge?

I will be along for the trip.
My three year old granddaughter is an official Disney World tour guide, as well. :)

Hey MeMom. Glad you could join. This will be our first overnight stay at WL. But, as my all-time favorite resort, we have visited too many times to count. When we lived in Orlando, we'd visit WL just to sit by the hidden fireplace on the second floor.

Hi!
I'm here too! Can't wait to read along and hear all about your plans!!:goodvibes

Hey, hey, and :welcome:

I'm jumping in! We will be celebrating our 10th Anniversary August of 2011, I will have to have DH read along, maybe he'll catch the drift...:idea: The Wilderness Lodge always looks so beautiful, can't wait to hear all your plans!!

Thanks. Just wait until you hear about how much time we spent planning this trip. :laughing:

I'm here too!!! Thanks to FB status updates I am able to be here for the start :) Can't wait to hear about the ADRs you booked!!!

Hey, I'll have the ADRs up shortly. popcorn::

Who the heck has any money left after Christmas?

For some reason, Atlanta seems chock full of money-spending opportunities during the month of January. During consecutive weekends, we've had the Boat Show, the RV Show, World of Wheels Car Show, and Monster Truck racing.

Now, throw in the Princess Diana exhibit, multiple plays for the kids, Jeff Dunham in concert, and Lady Antebellum opening up for Tim McGraw.(OK, I really could care less about Tim, but it's a package deal.:goodvibes)

Last, we have Spring baseball signups, dance or tumble lessons, the beginning of a new kid's bowling season, and NASCAR coming in 6 weeks. :scared:

Don't they know how broke we are? :lmao:

Well, at least we got our Disney trip booked. :cool1::rotfl2::cutie::lovestruc

I hear you! We have Monster Truck Jam, Disney's Rockin Road Show, the circus and baseball signups in the next few weeks here.:scared1: I would love to do all but at this time of the year, we have to be selective! :sad2:

Melissa

Hey Heather!!!! Yes, there will be tons of pics. One problem is half our pics are on Amanda's MySpace, which I can't access from work.

Tell Hollie that Alexis says 'HEY!'

Awww, Hey Alexis (from Hollie) :lmao::wizard::hippie::surfweb::scared1::3dglasses:love::banana::worship: Hollie said those are for Alexis!! haha

Who the heck has any money left after Christmas?

For some reason, Atlanta seems chock full of money-spending opportunities during the month of January. During consecutive weekends, we've had the Boat Show, the RV Show, World of Wheels Car Show, and Monster Truck racing.

Now, throw in the Princess Diana exhibit, multiple plays for the kids, Jeff Dunham in concert, and Lady Antebellum opening up for Tim McGraw.(OK, I really could care less about Tim, but it's a package deal.:goodvibes)

Last, we have Spring baseball signups, dance or tumble lessons, the beginning of a new kid's bowling season, and NASCAR coming in 6 weeks. :scared:

Don't they know how broke we are? :lmao:

Well, at least we got our Disney trip booked. :cool1::rotfl2::cutie::lovestruc

OOoooooh, are ya'll going to the Princess Diana exhibit????? I want to go to that sooooo bad!!!

OOoooooh, are ya'll going to the Princess Diana exhibit????? I want to go to that sooooo bad!!!

I dunno. Amanda is not too interested in Di, since she was never on American Idol or Lost. :lmao:

I may have to drag her there.

I think we will be going to the RV show in south Atlanta this weekend.

hi everyone ..
if you don't know me yet .. i'm Amanda

your right jason you would have to drag me there kicking and screaming to go see princess di stuff!!! Soooo if someone ever says they saw me there you know they are lying...
but i love the idea of the rv show & boat show.. lets go!!!
i do love lost .. next week it comes back on . Yay!!!

anyways you should tell them about our yummy 18 ADRs we have

18 adrs? Dxdp?

Yep. Literally, this was our conversation when we decided to book our trip:

Me: You know, I was thinking about going to Disney World for our anniversary. We have our AP rates to think about.
DW: Why don't we stay at the Wilderness Lodge instead of Pop?
Me: Sounds good. We'll book next week.
DW: Since it's our anniversary trip, how about DxDP?
Me: We are only about 120 days out. We should book our ADRs now.

Here's the thing. We sat down with the kids, and within 90 minutes of the first thought of our trip, we had every ADR we wanted booked. That's how easy it was. We had already discussed many times what we wanted to try new, as well as places we wanted to visit again. So, we quickly mapped out the park hours for our trip, and developed our eating plan. We did have to be a little flexible on days or times, but we still got what we wanted.

Here's our list:

Arrive Sunday 5/23
Lunch - 11:10am Whispering Canyon Cafe
Dinner - 6:35pm Chef Mickey's

Monday 5/24
Bfast - 8:10am Crystal Palace
Lunch - 2:15pm Whispering Canyon Cafe
Dinner - 8:30pm Le Cellier
Tuesday 5/25
Bfast - 7:40am Ohana's
Lunch - 2:25pm Sci Fi Theater
Dinner - 9:00pm T-Rex Cafe
Wednesday 5/26
Bfast - 8:10am Akershus
Lunch - 1:00pm Coral Reef
Dinner - 7:30pm Teppan Edo
Thursday 5/27 (Anniversary)
Bfast - 7:45am Chef Mickey's
Lunch - 12:00pm Trail's End
Dinner - 6:10pm Narcoossee's
Friday 5/28
Bfast - 8:05am Hollywood and Vine
Lunch - no ADR - Beaches and Cream
Dinner - 5:55pm Sci Fi Theater
Depart Saturday 5/29
Bfast - 11:20am Chef Mickey's
The ressies listed in blue are places we have not yet tried (Thank you DxDP!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter