Owners Locker

We have had one for 5 years now. We don't usually get it delivered on our shorter (4 n) adults only trip tho as we can usually get by with just a few items in carry-ons. We tend to pack lighter on that trip. We DO get it delivered on our longer summer and winter family trips. I have a word doc list that I try to keep track of the items just before we leave each time. I document expiration dates on OTC meds and sunscreens so I know when they need replaced. Usually I just run down thru the list and check things off my list if they're good for awhile. We drive on our longer summer trips so I can replenish things on that trip without space or packing issues.

We have over 100 items in our locker. Everything from ponchos & mini umbrellas to air freshner for the bathroom, a bottle of Captain Morgan to OTC meds, toiletries, sunscreens, "red cups" for the pool, collapsible cooler, string backpacks, pool bag and a hanging folding shelf thing for the closet (we use studios so are always short on drawer space). We love it!!

I stopped storing food in mine because I only get over to WDW twice a year (and last year, just once). Plus we don't do much cooking. I do store some Dr.Pepper and some snack sized peanuts, but mostly it is laundry stuff, toiletries, and Disney clothes, plus a pair of slippers, tennis shoes, socks, umbrella, mickey ponchos, and zip lock bags. Scissors are a must and I have a fleece blanket as well. The a/c works too well sometimes, but I need air circulating to sleep well. I also have a small Kipling "park" purse.

We also have family games, cards, etc. for those days at the pool, rainy nights, etc. Gloves and hats have been included with our winter trips. I got tired of buying them for my DH every trip. Puzzle books, pencils, pens, markers, etc. My original TourGuideMike touring plans, WDW books, Hidden Mickey books, etc.

We were an original BETA tester, and currently have 2 lockers. Since we were "old-school" we have 2 blue lockers, not purple. Bell Services sometimes get confused when they are looking for purple boxes.

We were an original BETA tester, and currently have 2 lockers. Since we were "old-school" we have 2 blue lockers, not purple. Bell Services sometimes get confused when they are looking for purple boxes.
I've experienced that confusion at least once with Bell Services. Even so, I far prefer our BLUE locker color. :)

We keep items in our locker that we want for our first night since we often arrive in the early evening and do not want bell services delivering our luggage after 10 pm. Plus other regular vacation items. In general:

A start up bottle of wine (more comes in our luggage but like I said, we leave "stuff" for the first evening before our luggage is delivered). It is great to finally hit our room after a day of flying and be able to sit on the balcony and enjoy a glass of wine.
Swimwear/goggles/etc.
OTC meds and bandages, makeup remover, basic sample size makeup. Sunscreen and Solarcaine.
Britta and a new filter (we bring another new one in our luggage to leave for next time, ditto an extra bottle of wine).
Metal water bottles (we try to limit the amount of plastic we leave on this earth).
Two Disney wine glasses (a gift from a friend and so cute).
Three ceramic coffee mugs, Disney themed of course.
Flip flops (only time we ever wear FFs is at Disney pools) and ponchos.
Two travel sized goose down comforters (these take up the most space but since DVC removed the heavier coverlets, I freeze at night plus I like the weight of a comforter).
Shampoo/conditioner/washing powders/dryer sheets.... I have never had a problem with the smells invading other items.
Disney trading pins, we do not trade but give them to kids when we see them having a not so fun day, like the time a pre-schooler fell and skinned his knee. The skinned knee was forgotten when we handed two pins to his parents to give to him and his sister. :)
It sure made my day seeing those smiles...

Yes we could fly these items down and may do so in future years when we do not visit WDW yearly but for now it is what we do.

\
Disney trading pins, we do not trade but give them to kids when we see them having a not so fun day, like the time a pre-schooler fell and skinned his knee. The skinned knee was forgotten when we handed two pins to his parents to give to him and his sister. :)
Awww, sweet.

Well this thread is certainly making me consider going over to Binny's this weekend to stock up my OL with something a little more fun than hair product. The idea of a G&T on the patio sounds like a good one to me.

the electric tea kettle I have that I bring for winter trips

Slightly off topic, but just FYI - tea kettles are available by request in the villas. :) unless you're attached to a particular one, of course, in which case that's no help. But it never hurts to know just in case.

This is a GREAT idea! :thumbsup2
Well this thread is certainly making me consider going over to Binny's this weekend to stock up my OL with something a little more fun than hair product. The idea of a G&T on the patio sounds like a good one to me.

I think gin counts as a "conditioner!":teeth:

We had 3 lockers until DH's health problems made Disney trips just too hard. I loved those lockers. I kept one locker for Halloween/Christmas decorations/shirts/sweatshirts and the other 2 were for miscellaneous stuff we used on all trips. The day I had to call John to discontinue our lockers I was a blubbering mess. He was so kind. Owners Locker made our DVC days so much more convenient and home-like and they made me feel like a part of me never had to leave Disney. I SO miss those lockers.

We had 3 lockers until DH's health problems made Disney trips just too hard. I loved those lockers. I kept one locker for Halloween/Christmas decorations/shirts/sweatshirts and the other 2 were for miscellaneous stuff we used on all trips. The day I had to call John to discontinue our lockers I was a blubbering mess. He was so kind. Owners Locker made our DVC days so much more convenient and home-like and they made me feel like a part of me never had to leave Disney. I SO miss those lockers.

I'm sorry you are no longer able to travel to Disney. I think DH and I are getting close to that point due to health reasons, and it breaks my heart thinking about it. Did you empty your lockers on your last trip or just leave everything there? We are supposed to go again in January. I was thinking I might remove the things that I really don't want to part with and bring them home in case we are not able to go back.

I was wondering what the procedure is if you decide you no longer want a locker, or one of your lockers. I have two, and some day should drop that down to one because there's a lot of stuff in there that I never use. Do you just call and say that you want to discontinue a locker? What do you do with the locker itself? (I fly, so I'm not taking it home with me.)

I was wondering what the procedure is if you decide you no longer want a locker, or one of your lockers. I have two, and some day should drop that down to one because there's a lot of stuff in there that I never use. Do you just call and say that you want to discontinue a locker? What do you do with the locker itself? (I fly, so I'm not taking it home with me.)

John will pick up and recycle the empty locker if you don't want to take it home.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm sorry you are no longer able to travel to Disney. I think DH and I are getting close to that point due to health reasons, and it breaks my heart thinking about it. Did you empty your lockers on your last trip or just leave everything there? We are supposed to go again in January. I was thinking I might remove the things that I really don't want to part with and bring them home in case we are not able to go back.
It became very obvious during our last trip that we would not be coming back, so I took home as much as I could, left some stuff with a "free" sign outside our room on a bench (gone in minutes), and threw some stuff away. Still brings a lump to my throat when I think of it.

I called John and told him that we would be emptying our lockers. I left the empty lockers with bell services with the "checked out" sign showing. I don't know what John does with them. I don't think he can reuse them but maybe he finds a way to recycle them at Goodwill or something. I frankly don't like to think about it. Those lockers held so many happy memories and thinking of them in a garbage dump makes me too sad.

I called John and told him that we would be emptying our lockers. I left the empty lockers with bell services with the "checked out" sign showing. I don't know what John does with them. I don't think he can reuse them but maybe he finds a way to recycle them at Goodwill or something. I frankly don't like to think about it. Those lockers held so many happy memories and thinking of them in a garbage dump makes me too sad.
It breaks my heart that your Disney days are over. Thank you for all your valuable insight over the years.

It breaks my heart that your Disney days are over. Thank you for all your valuable insight over the years.
What a lovely thing to say! So many kind people on the DIS boards. I still check into the DVC forums periodically and I kept some of our points to gift vacations to family. In fact, just this past week I was up at 6:00 AM central time to make FastPass reservations for my DSis and her family on Monday and then again on Thursday for DNiece and her family. I would LOVE to stay in one of those new Copper Creek cabins. I have been watching for someone to post a trip report with photos.
Bless you, Halle. Enjoy every Disney moment. I surely have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter