Paddlefish or Boathouse

I prefer the Boathouse as the atmosphere Is far nicer and the menu is more varied so you’re not restricted to seafood.

We have only eaten at the Boathouse. We had delicious meals (steak, shrimp) and the service was excellent. We will be back again!

Paddlefish. Boathouse is the most overrated restaurant on property imo. The atmosphere is great but I just think the food is overpriced. I wouldn’t go to Disney springs though in general right now during COVID. Parking is a mess at dinner time and it’s really crowded there.

We haven't been to Paddlefish since it changed. So I can't comment on that. But we've done The Boathouse twice and it was excellent both times. I love the Crab Stuffed Lobster. Delicious. All that was left after I finished was the shell.

Between those two I would choose the Boathouse. The atmosphere is enjoyable and the food is pretty good.

The recent reviews on boathouse say there is not enough distancing between guests. It’s one of the restaurants I consistently see this comment. (Raglan road is the other)

We ate at Boathouse on Wednesday (9/16) and enjoyed it. Lots of spacing of tables. Food was excellent. Wife got the shrimp and andoulie and Mac & cheese. We had enough left over to take home for another meal.

Boathouse by far. Our meal at Paddlefish was awful. Service was very bad and the meal wasn't even that good. Eaten at Boathouse a few times and never had a bad meal.

I MUST go to Boathouse at least once every Disney trip. (If I am alone at least twice. LOL) I always get the same salad and it is ALWAYS so gooood. However, my significant other and the couple we travel with get a variety of menu items at Boathouse and have never had a bad meal. We all enjoy so much.

We love The Boathouse. The service is fantastic. They have a big variety of oysters and will go over the differences. I had so much fun trying them for the first time. (I loved them!)
My husband enjoyed his steak and lobster bisque. I couldn't get enough of the avocado and crab appetizer. The little gift shop has some cute beachy items.
I haven't tried Paddlefish so I can't comment on that one.
Side note, I agree with the above comment. Homecomin' is really good too!

We will be going to both next month - first time for both.

Will miss Homecoming. Hoping to get hubby to try Biergarten :). We like to try at least 2 new restaurants per trip (3 this trip coming up).

Definitely the Boathouse. The filet sliders are great and you can get a baked potato with it instead of fries. Peaceful on the dock

The recent reviews on boathouse say there is not enough distancing between guests. It’s one of the restaurants I consistently see this comment. (Raglan road is the other)
We went in early August and there definitely wasn't enough social distancing inside. However, we sat on the patio and were comfortable.

We went in early August and there definitely wasn't enough social distancing inside. However, we sat on the patio and were comfortable.
Not sure what is considered enough. We were there just a week ago and there was certainly plenty of space between tables.

Not sure what is considered enough. We were there just a week ago and there was certainly plenty of space between tables.
When we went, the restaurant was full and looked like a busy Saturday night restaurant scene from before the pandemic. We've been to the Boathouse probably six times or so and that was by far the busiest we've seen the restaurant (on all our other visits, there have been plenty of open tables and the restaurant has been rather sedate, but we also don't usually go on weekend evenings).

We didn't notice any additional spacing between tables compared to before shutdown. There was a large party (looked like a birthday?) in the area behind the check-in podium, guests getting up and visiting with one another, hugging, walking around (no masks). There were tables with what looked like smaller separate parties nearby, only a couple feet from the larger party (certainly not 6 feet away). There were a piano player and singer in that room. I was sitting on the patio, just on the other side of the window from the piano player, and could see everything clearly.

It was a pretty stark contrast to our dinner at Morimoto, where they were leaving every other table empty, there were no entertainers, a large party was seated on the second floor in what looked like a separate room,...

Boathouse was delicious but absolutely packed when we went in early July. Great food, didn't get sick, but I would see that they do not adhere to strict social distancing rules if that's an issue with you. There's usually outdoor seating options, so that might be a safer option.

The food was fantastic and was one of the highlights of our trip. Service was excellent too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter