Paid Parking Coming to Disney Springs

That's the goal honestly. Sleep in and spend a couple of hours there (get some dining on) and then do AK that night. Staying at Old Key West so it's really convenient
When I stayed at SSR in January I went to Disney Springs three different times because it was so easy. Twice were just to eat the other was to look around and shop.

When I stayed at SSR in January I went to Disney Springs three different times because it was so easy. Twice were just to eat the other was to look around and shop.
I honestly won't go to the springs of I'm not in the boat line. It's too much of a hassle to get their otherwise. I've sworn it off much like I've sworn off going to AK in the morning during the summer

I honestly won't go to the springs of I'm not in the boat line. It's too much of a hassle to get their otherwise. I've sworn it off much like I've sworn off going to AK in the morning during the summer
Now we'll have to disagree there. I'll spend a full day at AK anytime. I had no bus issues going to the Springs last Friday either.

Now we'll have to disagree there. I'll spend a full day at AK anytime. I had no bus issues going to the Springs last Friday either.
Oh it's not the park itself. It's the fact I go in the summer (brothers still in high school) and it's unbearable to be there in the heat of the day. I'll do two days from 3 o'clock on though. I spent my first nighttime there this past trip and had my best day ever there

I'm sure that's true. I can't find a Uniqlo anywhere near me. I also really enjoy the Co-Op. most other things I can find near me.

The dining though is really my main point.

Point taken...we got a couple of uniqlo in the area.

The food is interesting...but similar stuff can be found in a lot of places

Last edited:
We go well past the Buena Vista exit when we stay off-site and go to Disney Springs. The other exits are fine and I just read the signs.

It was easy to park when we ate lunch and shopped there one day. Much easier than dealing with the buses.

They're building a third garage,they're opening a bunch of new places(Jaleo,Wine Bar George,the Edison,NBA restaurant,a new Wolfgang Puck concept),they want more people coming,not fewer.Disney Springs could never go to paid parking for all unless they want to start seeing places close down.If you just look at the history of shopping dining complexes,at least in Florida who charge for parking to see they're either defunct,half empty or constantly changing tenants due to low sales,Pointe Orlando,Shoppes at Sunset Place,Cocowalk,Beach place,etc....

I agree that I don't think a preferred parking option isn't really needed.

Lots of malls and high-end dining locations have both free and paid parking, although it's usually in the form of valet parking. If you're spending big bucks to eat at the Boathouse or you paid $100+ for tickets to La Nouba, an additional $10 to guarantee a short walk to your destination isn't going to be a big deal. Different people value different things in life.

However I disagree that this is a typical mall. Many of the stores there I don't have at home. My main reason for going there now is dining. They have some incredible options like Homecomin, Boathouse, and more.

I firmly agree with you here. If there are lots of local malls of Disney Springs caliber, they need to be better at publicizing their awesomeness. I'd certainly consider making a special trip to a local mall that offers free nightly entertainment, restaurants featuring recipes of celebrity chefs, free scenic boat rides, aesthetically pleasing architecture, a world-class show that lasted 19 years, and a holiday drone show.

In my opinion it does not make sense to have a preferred parking option at Disney Springs because would be the point it's not like you're at the theme park wanting closer parking you're at a shopping and dining center. Give me a break.

Paying for parking everywhere is becoming really annoying. We are really just thinking of getting Uber everywhere now instead of getting a hire car.

I realize the fool(dot)com (which as been diminished from a one-time major investment site to click-bait) article is talking about "premium parking" upgrade, but I would not be sruprised if hourly paid parking, with validation periods, will probably come to Disney Springs someday in the future. Though, I don't know if it would be justified, unlike a city center, with limited parking, there isn't exactly much reason to park there beyond dining/shopping/movies.

In my opinion it does not make sense to have a preferred parking option at Disney Springs because would be the point it's not like you're at the theme park wanting closer parking you're at a shopping and dining center. Give me a break.

The only thing I could think of is it would make parking easier, assuming the lots would be less full and you wouldn't have to drive all over a garage.

Parking in the garage is particularly easy though.

I don't like being invited to spend money at a place that charges me for that privilege. Our high end malls don't charge and there are reasons for that. Make the customer feel special and they are likely to feel good about buying that overpriced stuffed Pluto or flimsy t-shirt.

As long as it isn't all parking, I'm good with it. A number of malls in my area have valet parking in their restaurant section. Just be glad that Disney isn't following Universal in this. A couple of years ago I and my kids decided to check out Universal's version of Disney Springs, and they wanted to charge me theme park parking! Parking was free after 4 PM, but if you wanted to go there for lunch, you have to pay through the nose. Needless to say, we took the turnaround lane and came to Disney instead.

That's the goal honestly. Sleep in and spend a couple of hours there (get some dining on) and then do AK that night. Staying at Old Key West so it's really convenient
So true. Any resort with boat access to Disney Springs has an extra advantage now that is really worth something. Last year, we were at POFQ the night of the alligator tragedy, we rode the boat into Disney Springs, but were not able to take it back. Of course I was agitated as to why we couldn't, but we had no idea and had to take the bus. The next morning we realized just why we weren't allowed back on the boat. I felt awful.

So true. Any resort with boat access to Disney Springs has an extra advantage now that is really worth something. Last year, we were at POFQ the night of the alligator tragedy, we rode the boat into Disney Springs, but were not able to take it back. Of course I was agitated as to why we couldn't, but we had no idea and had to take the bus. The next morning we realized just why we weren't allowed back on the boat. I felt awful.
I literally won't go there unless I'm on the boat route. It's a nice perk and usually not that crowded.

That's also crazy about the alligator incident. That was about a year ago right?

I literally won't go there unless I'm on the boat route. It's a nice perk and usually not that crowded.

That's also crazy about the alligator incident. That was about a year ago right?
Yes, I'm thinking here in about a week.

I used to hate parking there but with the high-tech parking garages they have now, parking is pretty easy and kinda fun! The garage signs tell you how many spaces are open in the garage and how many open spots are on each level. Then you have a green light over the open spaces so you don't have to go up and down the aisles vulturing for a parking space. We were just there in both January and May and it was an amazingly huge improvement! I think preferred parking would be a convenience option for those who don't want to fool with that but for me, parking seemed pretty easy and I would not be interested in a preferred space.

Disney themselves can't charge for parking in the garages. Reedy Creek paid for those. At least according to my friend......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter