Panam Canal crossing today

I saw this pic posted on one of the cruise meets threads earlier. This was the reason for the cam blackout yesterday.

IMG_0250.jpg

So I was researching Cartegena when I came across a You Tube time-lapsed video condensing the 8 hour canal crossing into 2 minutes.

The ship is the Radiance of the Seas (RCCL) and the video is from May 8, 2003 prior to the completion of the Centennial Bridge but you clearly get to experience (very quickly) going through the canal as the Magic just did ending on the Pacific side going under the Bridge of Americas.

It is a different perspective and pretty cool.

Enjoy: http://2007barrettnelsoncruise.blogspot.com/2007/05/panama-canal-time-lapse.html

Belle

So I was researching Cartegena when I came across a You Tube time-lapsed video condensing the 8 hour canal crossing into 2 minutes.

The ship is the Radiance of the Seas (RCCL) and the video is from May 8, 2003 prior to the completion of the Centennial Bridge but you clearly get to experience (very quickly) going through the canal as the Magic just did ending on the Pacific side going under the Bridge of Americas.

It is a different perspective and pretty cool.

Enjoy: http://2007barrettnelsoncruise.blogspot.com/2007/05/panama-canal-time-lapse.html

Belle

Wow, that was really cool! Thank you for that! I kept watching it over and over.... first looking at going through it then consumed with watching the people come and go.... it was raining. :confused3 One awesome thing we loved crusing on the RCCL ships is that the bow is accessible. It's so cool being there especially during sail away out of Miami. We loved that area. Great place to watch falling stars. And of course... "I'm king of the world!"

That picture of the sub was just amazing. WOW!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :banana: :banana: Ok, so while I was traveling out of town for the weekend I whiled away the time reading through all of your post and laughing histarically at your attmepts to watch the locks while pretending to work, pack, take care of the kids... I was pathetic enough to attempt to make it a "teaching moment". I had the link pulled up on our classroom computer and showing on the tv so all could see it....ALL DAY and then logged into it at lunch in the teacher's lounge just in case I might miss something... :) We are a sad bunch aren't we?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter