Panama Planning

Went into the reservations system today and was told ''not paid in full' then after log in and log out many times got a brunch.

System crashed, I am pleased I prebooked Cabo PV and Aruba so just had to snagg 1/2 ports trips and Brunch and Dinner,

Well, we were in the same boat as you, Andrew. Logged in at midnight, and it repeatedly said that we were not Paid in Full. I got really nervous, because this was our first time using DU. We made our final payment last Friday, and thought that maybe DU did not make our final payment to DCL. I wrote an email to DU in frustration and then started trying DCL's website again, hoping it was in error. Well after about the twelth time logging in, it finally acknowledged that we were in fact paid in full and it would let us make our ressies. I instantly felt bad about the email I sent DU blaming them. I should of KNOWN it was DCL's faulty website that was giving me the trouble!!!
After trying to make our first ressie of the night, it froze and threw me off halfway through the process. When I went to try and sign back in, I got the same red error message that everyone else was blessed to see last night. After about 45 minutes of getting the same red error message, I was successful making our first excursion reservation of the night, but Palo Brunch was already gone!! :headache: :headache:
Well, after many times being booted off and getting my favorite red little error message:(**Sorry, we are unable to retrieve your reservation. Either there has been a system issue or another Guest in your stateroom or another stateroom linked to yours is currently arranging activities in My Cruise Plans. Please try again later.**) we finally were able to have an excursion booked in each port and Palo Dinner(Slim Pickings were left for choices) Hopefully nothing important on the boat is happening on the 27th or I will have to cancel Palo Dinner.
I was not able to get my first choice excursion in Puerto Vallarta, (Las Caletas) was FULL!! :mad: :mad: And I was not able to secure Palo Brunch. (MY fAVORITE) I will have to try once I board the ship! We got our second choice in Puerto Vallarta, but I am still really dissapointed. And it only took till 3:15 a.m.:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :scared1: :scared1:
Last night was a Disaster, and after it was all said and done I had to write an apology email to DU, for putting the blame in the wrong place! And Guess what, I already had TWO emails in my in box from DU assuring me that I was Paid in Full and trying to rectify the problem. There was not any staff at the DCL Help Desk last night, was there!!:sad2: :sad2:

Sorry to hear about the booking problems. Keep trying on line as they may open up more Palo's reservations, as they did with our P/C crossing.

They do take the wait list seriously so go there first thing, and I mean first thing - we were boarding #2 and raced to check at Palo's and were about 6 in line. by the time we exited, the line was down the hall from Rocking Bar to almost the Atrium...

I think the good news is that most folks did end up with brunch - but not HIgh Tea. Perhaps the Prince and Princess tea took over that slot. We were wait listed (again as #6 in line, about #2 on the Tea wait list) but never called.

Can someone advise me on whether or not we will need to exchange our american dollars for mexican pesos or for columbian money (sorry don't know what they use;) )? And do we do this on the ship or at the ports?

Just FYI - before I could catch it DH paid in dollars...not a problem, they take dollars...but you get Peso's back - so pay with the smallest dollar possible. So we had lots of Peso's we needed to spend (bartender!)

Or, (hate to admit, I did this) I had enough to pay the bill but not to tip. I suggested to the waiter that he would get a tip if the change was in dollars and not pesos...and guess what - it worked.

Congrats everyone on your pre-booking successes!:cool1:

I didn't get to pre-book anything this time so I'm really hoping they saved some Palo reservations for on board booking. Turns out we had to leave town for a family funeral just before the 90-day window. Well, we travelled to a very rural area where they only have very slow dial-up internet. Needless to say, the DCL website wouldn't even load on their computer:badpc:

So... to make the best of things, I'm booking excursions with non-DCL companies. (The ones we wanted were already booked). And we'll just have to get to the port extra early so we can get those Palo reservations as soon as we board. You would think with two weeks of sailing and so many sea days, there should be lots of reservations to be had.

We only have 2 people, but all that is left for Palo pre-booking is dinner on the first night and on the last night (at 9:00). There are no brunch times left.

That's what I'm finding. I'm thinking of reserving the first night, since they'll likely do some sort of parade or presentment to mark the last night in the main dining area, but I'm afraid if it's as rough as the first night out on the 4-day cruises from Florida we've taken, it might be unpleasant.

That's what I'm finding. I'm thinking of reserving the first night, since they'll likely do some sort of parade or presentment to mark the last night in the main dining area, but I'm afraid if it's as rough as the first night out on the 4-day cruises from Florida we've taken, it might be unpleasant.

Nope, it won't be. From FL you have to cross the gulf stream that first night. Conditions along the west coast will be the same (depending on weather, of course) each night....at least they were coming up the coast.

HELLO ANDREW, BRENDA AND UK

I AM BACK NOW

GOOD NEWS FOR UK/NON USA

NO IMMIGRATIONS

THEY DIDN'T TOOK OUR PASSPORTS TOO

NO UP EARLY MORNING

Scottishwee35

I posted the below to another thread, but it passed through the boards quickly so I thought I would repost it here

After speaking to DCL I did a little more research. DCL is using the Quay Cruise Agency to faciliate the delivery of packages to the Magic while on the west coast.

Quay will be handling the delivery of packages to either DCL cast members or directly to your stateroom.

Basically you ship the package to Quay and include the ship name, stateroom number, and sailing date.

If you have any questions you can call Quay directly.

Los Angeles/Long Beach, CA
1000 E. Del Amo Boulevard
Carson, CA 90746
24HR Phone: (310) 223-0021
Fax: (310) 609-1149

http://www.gensteam.com/branches.php

Belle

HELLO ANDREW, BRENDA AND UK

I AM BACK NOW

GOOD NEWS FOR UK/NON USA

NO IMMIGRATIONS

THEY DIDN'T TOOK OUR PASSPORTS TOO

NO UP EARLY MORNING

Scottishwee35

That is the best news I have heard, glad you are back safe and look forward to hearing more from you whn youhave settled down.
Bren

I posted the below to another thread, but it passed through the boards quickly so I thought I would repost it here

After speaking to DCL I did a little more research. DCL is using the Quay Cruise Agency to faciliate the delivery of packages to the Magic while on the west coast.

Quay will be handling the delivery of packages to either DCL cast members or directly to your stateroom.

Basically you ship the package to Quay and include the ship name, stateroom number, and sailing date.

If you have any questions you can call Quay directly.

Los Angeles/Long Beach, CA
1000 E. Del Amo Boulevard
Carson, CA 90746
24HR Phone: (310) 223-0021
Fax: (310) 609-1149

http://www.gensteam.com/branches.php

Belle

Thanks, I did see it on the other thread too and I emailed the info to myself. I appreciate it, I have never sent a package to the ship and I am very nervous to do so!

Has anyone on the EB gotten an answer from DCL about the theme night/dinner menus? We took a day 5 (Thur at sea) Palo dinner reservation and I'm nervous there is something going on that night. Also, I thought I remember someone saying that on the 2 week cruises you'd be able to make a 2nd Palo dinner reservation. Maybe I was dreaming...

Also, I talked to friends that aren't CC members that were able to book their excursions today (last night Pacific) and it looks like no tea or brunch Palo reservations were available at all. I know we'll be able to add/change onboard, but it seems odd that on a 2 week cruise there weren't more reservations available.

Has anyone on the EB gotten an answer from DCL about the theme night/dinner menus? We took a day 5 (Thur at sea) Palo dinner reservation and I'm nervous there is something going on that night. Also, I thought I remember someone saying that on the 2 week cruises you'd be able to make a 2nd Palo dinner reservation. Maybe I was dreaming...

Also, I talked to friends that aren't CC members that were able to book their excursions today (last night Pacific) and it looks like no tea or brunch Palo reservations were available at all. I know we'll be able to add/change onboard, but it seems odd that on a 2 week cruise there weren't more reservations available.

Here you go:

CONFIRMED:
Day 2 (Mon. Aug 18) - Formal Night (Sea Day)
Day 6 (Fri. Aug 22) - Mexican Deck Party (Acapulco)
Day 8 (Sun. Aug 24) - Semi Formal (Sea Day)
Day 10 (Tues. Aug 26) - Tropical (Cartagena)
Day 13 (Fri. Aug 29) - Pirate Night (Sea Day)
Day 14 (Sat. Aug 30) - Formal Night Ballroom Under the Stars (Sea Day)

From WBer's
Day 9 (Mon. Aug 25) - Panama Canal BBQ on Deck

Menu's from the WB:
Welcome Aboard (First Night)
Golden Mickey's (First Formal Night)
Taste of the Caribbean (Tropical Night)
East Meets West (PC Day)
Prince & Princess (Semi-Formal Night)
Master Chef
Mexican (Mexican Deck Party)
Around the World
Taste of California
Pirate
Captains Gala (Second Formal Night)
Til We Meet Again

Here you go:

CONFIRMED:
Day 2 (Mon. Aug 18) - Formal Night (Sea Day)
Day 6 (Fri. Aug 22) - Mexican Deck Party (Acapulco)
Day 8 (Sun. Aug 24) - Semi Formal (Sea Day)
Day 10 (Tues. Aug 26) - Tropical (Cartagena)
Day 13 (Fri. Aug 29) - Pirate Night (Sea Day)
Day 14 (Sat. Aug 30) - Formal Night Ballroom Under the Stars (Sea Day)

From WBer's
Day 9 (Mon. Aug 25) - Panama Canal BBQ on Deck

Menu's from the WB:
Welcome Aboard (First Night)
Golden Mickey's (First Formal Night)
Taste of the Caribbean (Tropical Night)
East Meets West (PC Day)
Prince & Princess (Semi-Formal Night)
Master Chef
Mexican (Mexican Deck Party)
Around the World
Taste of California
Pirate
Captains Gala (Second Formal Night)
Til We Meet Again

Thank you.

We could not get Palo Brunch even booking at 5.a.m. on the 90th day they had all gone so will probably not bother now. No dinner reservations at a reasonable time were available either.
Bren

We could not get Palo Brunch even booking at 5.a.m. on the 90th day they had all gone so will probably not bother now. No dinner reservations at a reasonable time were available either.
Bren

You really will have a great chance to get reservations onboard. We went straight away to change our dinner reservation and there were just loads available. People got brunch reservations easily too. Problem was the line was long and just got longer, so get there as soon as you can.

Bren

You really will have a great chance to get reservations onboard. We went straight away to change our dinner reservation and there were just loads available. People got brunch reservations easily too. Problem was the line was long and just got longer, so get there as soon as you can.

Brenda

I won't have worry about these as there will be plenty on the Cruise so just go up to rocking bar on first day as my friend got twice on dinner at Palo as they said that there was half empty on second week. They booked it again!!

I went to dinner, brunch and high tea. I enjoyed the dinner and brunch as the meals was lovely. Don't miss it.

Scottishwee35

Brenda

I won't have worry about these as there will be plenty on the Cruise so just go up to rocking bar on first day as my friend got twice on dinner at Palo as they said that there was half empty on second week. They booked it again!!

Scottishwee35

Yes, I would expect it to be easier to get Palo reservations on a 15-night cruise, especially for dinner. Does anybody know if Palo is open each night for dinners? Also, how many brunch days are there? I'm really hoping we'll be able to get both when we board!::yes::

Palo is open every night for dinner and serves brunch on each sea day. Shame they don't do brunch on port day too though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter