Parents of the High School Class of 2017/College 2021

Apple has finally announced their Back to School sale! Free Beats headphones with a purchase of a Macbook. https://images.apple.com/promo/pdf/EN_US_BTS_2017_Long_TandCs.pdf

I'm very excited that the University of Wisconsin's Tech Store participates in the promo, so I guess YET AGAIN my DD is rewarded for procrastination. Her College Orientation is in August and we planned on purchasing the laptop then.

I guess there is no good lesson there - LOL! Glad she will get the headphones and you will hopefully get a good price :)

We're looking at Macbooks but DD won't have any interest in the headphones. I just posted on the Budget Board to see if anyone had an opinion on the two we're looking at. For graphic design, DD would like the 15" screen, but they are out of my budget other than one that is from 2015 (still new in box). Or could get a 13" that is from 2017 for cheaper, but it has a smaller screen, less RAM, and just a USB-C port, so she would need an adapter. So debating on whether a computer that is already 2 years old is a good idea...

Apple has finally announced their Back to School sale! Free Beats headphones with a purchase of a Macbook. https://images.apple.com/promo/pdf/EN_US_BTS_2017_Long_TandCs.pdf

I'm very excited that the University of Wisconsin's Tech Store participates in the promo, so I guess YET AGAIN my DD is rewarded for procrastination. Her College Orientation is in August and we planned on purchasing the laptop then.

Better than my DD who was rewarded with Beats for killing a new MacBook in an, as yet, unexplained drowning accident.

She got the MacBook as a grad gift. She Killed it a week after school started. We filed on the Renter's Insurance that we had bought and it was replaced in Late August with the bonus of Beats.

Better than my DD who was rewarded with Beats for killing a new MacBook in an, as yet, unexplained drowning accident.

She got the MacBook as a grad gift. She Killed it a week after school started. We filed on the Renter's Insurance that we had bought and it was replaced in Late August with the bonus of Beats.
I plan on buying the special insurance offered by the tech center with me DD's laptop for that EXACT reason.

Crazy week- getting ready for my daughters graduation party on Sunday- they came and put up the tent already in the yard and Sunday morning the bounce house is coming (yes my high school graduate wanted a bounce house at her party LOL)- I ordered food catered for 60 and as always I just hope there is enough, it said serves 55-60 and I have 60 coming so I actually ordered 2 extra full trays of things so I am hoping that covers it. I have a 5 foot hero and macaroni salad, tray of garden salad and tray of Caesar salad, a tray of eggplant parm, tray of chicken parm, tray of sausage and peppers, tray of chicken and artichokes, tray of penne ala vodka, tray of potatoes and onions, 6 pound cheese platter and a 5 dozen dinner rolls. I got chips, pretzels etc for the tables and then got a big fruit bowl, 1/2 sheet cake, 48 cupcakes and a big platter of cookies.
I REALLY hate having parties at my house, I would just rather go to a catering hall or even rent a nights of Columbus hall party room and have it there! Between cleaning inside of the house I have to get the back cleaned up too- weeds, shrubs trimmed etc, , to much work!!

I bought insurance for 112.00 for the year- it covers up to 5,000 with a 25.00 deductible and covers theft and damage (including water damage!) for computers, cell phones and other electronics. For 112.00 its worth it for piece of mind.

I have read about CSI and NSSI. Did you go with one of them or a different one?

I have read about CSI and NSSI. Did you go with one of them or a different one?

Not who you asked but we use NSSI. This will be our fourth and final year. We pay around $75 per year- I think we went with the $75 deductible. Just the one MacBook replacement has made it more than worth the expense.

Not who you asked but we use NSSI. This will be our fourth and final year. We pay around $75 per year- I think we went with the $75 deductible. Just the one MacBook replacement has made it more than worth the expense.
I'll have to look into that. The insurance offered through my DD's school includes tech support.

I'll have to look into that. The insurance offered through my DD's school includes tech support.

I'm not sure if DD's school offers coverage but we have had the best luck with using an Apple store for tech support on Apple products.

Bit the bullet on the laptop. It's not the Razer she initially wanted, but seems to be better from a spec standpoint, and less costly. Normally, I don't get insurance on stuff, but went ahead and paid $178 for 4 years of accidental and standard coverage through SquareTrade. It'll take her through college.

She's home from the corps until Wednesday morning, and we're going to Ikea this afternoon for the college sale (last day).

It's a testy day. She woke up irked that I forgot to get lactose-free milk for her at the store. Bad mom.

DD is my one and only plus I'm a single mom so it's been just the two of us for a long time. I know it'll be a major adjustment for both of us. As the time gets nearer (30 days!), we tend to be up under each other more.

Her trunk party is this Sunday at a local hall. My family and I will make a few dishes and I'm ordering a few to supplement. Ordered a cake and cupcakes from BJ's and bought candy to also set up on the dessert table. Everything in school colors. She's already started to receive a few gifts from her registry. After the party, we'll take inventory and shop for the remaining items.

Oldest DS marries on Aug 5th. That has taken precedence over college here this summer. I think he will have some items to hand down to DS#3 who is entering college this year. DS's wedding is an hour away. DD starts sophomore year of high school Tuesday, Aug 8th. DS #2 can move to his new apartment 5 hours away at college on Aug 8th. DS #3 can move into his dorm at the same college as DS #2 is in 5 hours away on Aug 12th.

No college shopping has begun, nor is it on the horizon in the near future. I did mention college to DS #2 and DS#3 over the weekend and you would think I ruined the summer! lol I am hoping that I can do a click and pull at Walmart in their college town to purchase supplies we might need and just pick them up when DH and I arrive there on the 10th to help them both pull things together. Otherwise, we'll do our college shopping that week after the wedding!

Oldest DS marries on Aug 5th. That has taken precedence over college here this summer. I think he will have some items to hand down to DS#3 who is entering college this year. DS's wedding is an hour away. DD starts sophomore year of high school Tuesday, Aug 8th. DS #2 can move to his new apartment 5 hours away at college on Aug 8th. DS #3 can move into his dorm at the same college as DS #2 is in 5 hours away on Aug 12th.

No college shopping has begun, nor is it on the horizon in the near future. I did mention college to DS #2 and DS#3 over the weekend and you would think I ruined the summer! lol I am hoping that I can do a click and pull at Walmart in their college town to purchase supplies we might need and just pick them up when DH and I arrive there on the 10th to help them both pull things together. Otherwise, we'll do our college shopping that week after the wedding!
Dang, I need a flow chart, I'm not sure how you eve n found the time to type out the post! Congrats on your DS's marriage, how exciting.

My motto whether it be packing for college or most vacations - If we forget it or need it, there is always Wal-Mart or Amazon, the world will not stop.

DD is my one and only plus I'm a single mom so it's been just the two of us for a long time. I know it'll be a major adjustment for both of us. As the time gets nearer (30 days!), we tend to be up under each other more.

Her trunk party is this Sunday at a local hall. My family and I will make a few dishes and I'm ordering a few to supplement. Ordered a cake and cupcakes from BJ's and bought candy to also set up on the dessert table. Everything in school colors. She's already started to receive a few gifts from her registry. After the party, we'll take inventory and shop for the remaining items.

OK- got me-----what the heck is a "trunk party"????

Dd is getting all 4 wisdom teeth out tomorrow :scared:. I don't know who is going to need the pain killers more :rolleyes1:rotfl:.
Praying for quick and easy - DD was pretty easy we did hers in November, hope the same for you. Enjoy the 30 minutes after surgery before the fun drugs wear off :rolleyes1 DD was hilarious

OK- got me-----what the heck is a "trunk party"????
I too was wondering

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter