Park Attendance Christmas Week

Least Crowded Park on Christmas

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ILuvDisney78

Mouseketeer
My family will be making our first Christmas week trip this year. Per my research, MK is the most crowded park on Christmas day. My question is-- which park is usually the least crowded on Christmas day? TIA!

Probably DAK or DHS.

We are doing Epcot on Christmas Day this year. Not expecting low-ish crowds, but wwe thought the storytellers would be a nice Christmas Day, take it slow day.

MK is a madhouse on Christmas Day. We avoid it like the plague.

Likely AK as I'd assume it will close earlier than HS

For holidays, MK and Epcot are always much busier than HS and AK

Last year HS was very light on crowds, BUT that was before TSL opened. We are doing it again on Christmas Day this year, but expect a slight rise in crowd level. HS was very festive last year. Decorated well and great atmosphere. We did not arrive until around 10:00 for our RNR fast pass and stayed until around 8:30 and we rode RNR about 4 times, TSM 3 times, watch the shows and soaked up the atmosphere. We had such a good time.

We are spending Christmas Eve at MK again this year. It was crowded in the afternoon, but we had a solid plan and managed quite well. We were there at 7:00 am for EMH and stayed until almost closing time. It too was awesome.

Last year HS was very light on crowds, BUT that was before TSL opened. We are doing it again on Christmas Day this year, but expect a slight rise in crowd level. HS was very festive last year. Decorated well and great atmosphere. We did not arrive until around 10:00 for our RNR fast pass and stayed until around 8:30 and we rode RNR about 4 times, TSM 3 times, watch the shows and soaked up the atmosphere. We had such a good time.

We are spending Christmas Eve at MK again this year. It was crowded in the afternoon, but we had a solid plan and managed quite well. We were there at 7:00 am for EMH and stayed until almost closing time. It too was awesome.

We are leaning towards HS on Christmas; thanks for the details!

I don't know if there is a place to see attendance numbers from last year.
MK - wouldn't even try. I expect it to close being over crowded.
AK - also wouldn't try, Pandora is still a huge draw.
HS - TSL seems to be a big draw. At Christmas, the family and kids will be at Disney. Suspect this will be very busy.
My vote then would be EPCOT.

We were there last year, and if I recall, I think we were at both AK and HS on Xmas Day. Neither were that bad. The only one that's really crowded is MK.

I will say that MK is a lot of fun on Xmas Day, but you just have to have patience.

AK use to be the best but last year it was crazy packed because of Pandora

My guess would be Epcot but since there all pretty much crazy I’m doing MK this year.
Where else would you rather spend Christmas then with 75,000 friends! Lol

I’ll be there at 7am assuming that will be the opening time.

I tried to upload a pic from AK last year but couldn’t do it

Navi line was insane and wait was over 3 hours.
The girl is holding a sign line starts here and it’s is so far away from the actual ride.

AK use to be the best but last year it was crazy packed because of Pandora

My guess would be Epcot but since there all pretty much crazy I’m doing MK this year.
Where else would you rather spend Christmas then with 75,000 friends! Lol

I’ll be there at 7am assuming that will be the opening time.
I tried to upload a pic from AK last year but couldn’t do it

Navi line was insane and wait was over 3 hours.
The girl is holding a sign line starts here and it’s is so far away from the actual ride

That line for Navi means nothing when you are talking Christmas week because AK may have been crowded but I bet it was still the LEAST crowded.
What you saw at AK was even worse elsewhere.
I know we were there for NYE last year and that held true then too. AK was still least crowded, even though yes, AK was still VERY crowded.

That line for Navi means nothing when you are talking Christmas week because AK may have been crowded but I bet it was still the LEAST crowded.
What you saw at AK was even worse elsewhere.
I know we were there for NYE last year and that held true then too. AK was still least crowded, even though yes, AK was still VERY crowded.

Before Pandora it was very low crowds on Christmas Day and short wait times nothing like last year.

With TSL open this year, and with it being TOY story land and with TOY being a focus for Christmas, I am not sure I'd expect low crowds at HS at Christmas. Disney may even have something up their sleeve in TSL with the whole TOY connection

I have not been to Disney on Christmas Day, but I've been on other holidays (Easter, Thanksgiving, July 4). We always tend to revert to AK on actual holidays and it never disappoints us as far as crowd-level. I know Pandora changes things a bit, but I'd still choose that park for least crowds. Personally, I'd book my FoP FP and then leave Pandora Land as that's where the crowds seem to gather most. We like a fair amount of other rides there, so we'd just spend the day enjoying the rest of the park.

I may have voted for DHS in the past, but TSL will still be "new" and quite a large draw. I'm thinking they'll dress it up very cute for Christmas too! I'd actually choose to go there on Christmas Day regardless of the crowds cause I'd like to see and feel the atmosphere! I'd probably start the day in Epcot without any FP's there, and then walk over to DHS to use Slinky FP as it begins to get dark out and then stay there for the remainder of the night, but that probably wouldn't be your best option if you are basing your park choice exclusively on crowds.

With TSL open this year, and with it being TOY story land and with TOY being a focus for Christmas, I am not sure I'd expect low crowds at HS at Christmas. Disney may even have something up their sleeve in TSL with the whole TOY connection

Good point about something possibly being in the works for TSL...

Yes, we are prepared for that. I still think it will be less crowded than MK or Epcot on Christmas Day. We want to do HS because, to us it was the most Christmas feeling park. I am sure AK will be the least crowded, but for us it was also the least Christmas feeling of the four.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter