Park Sack - Disney merchandise to your door???

Coca-Cola

Mouseketeer
I just came across a new service called Park Sack on facebook. They deliver Disney merchandise to your door every single month. It seems really cool and they have a discount or something right now.

Seriously considering it. Anyone heard of them?

http://www.parksack.com

Yeah I guess it's not for everyone. I personally love the idea of a surprise package coming from my favourite place in the world!!

It sounded cool until I read what could come in the boxes. It said things like shirts and phone cases. Those are expensive and if you get the wrong size its useless.

There are so many Disney souvenirs that I consider junk. I would never want someone to pick those types of items for me. I would rather take that $30 a month and buy something nice for myself on disneystore.com or with the Disney Parks Shopping app.

I actually went ahead and purchased this. I would much rather receive a surprise box each month rather than just purchasing something from Disney Store. My kids will love unblocking this with stuff purchased right from Walt Disney World.

It was only 22 bucks, if it sucks I'll cancel!

I wonder how Disney takes to these "boxes" that companies are putting up. I imagine this is an AP holder who is getting this stuff for a discount (or even a CM) or they are buying it from the character warehouse. There is no way you are getting several quality items for $22 a month if they are not working in bulk from distributors. That is how places like Loot Crate are able to give quality goods for a decent price. They have thousands of subscribers and are able to bulk order a lot of stuff or even work closely with other companies to get free promotional items for upcoming video games or movies. I wouldn't be shocked if these Disney boxes tank after a short period and then don't refund money.

I actually got a box from them and I am really happy with it. Looks like they're giving away a orangebird magic band too. I want to win it so bad!

So for those unaware, there have been services like this for years where they fill a box with a random selection of items of a theme and then ship them to your house every X amount of weeks. This service just has a Disney theme. These items usually accumulate after a bit and quickly become junk because at best you're really interested in a fraction of the items they send. The most popular one, or the one I've heard about the most is called Loot Crate and is themed around geek culture from stuff like video games, comics and anime. My friend is subscribed to them and he has a couple boxes he just leaves around because he doesn't throw the stuff he doesn't want away like he should.

I actually went ahead and purchased this. I would much rather receive a surprise box each month rather than just purchasing something from Disney Store. My kids will love unblocking this with stuff purchased right from Walt Disney World.

It was only 22 bucks, if it sucks I'll cancel!
I'm vaguely interested in this as an idea but... You know most of the items are gonna wind up as junk in your house or thrown away, right? You'd have to be really into every Disney property to have this be worthwhile.

Personally I hate subscription shopping services. If your product/service is good why make signing up for monthly renewal mandatory?

Disney makes shopping for theme park items pretty easy, and there are a multitude of personal shoppers out there, I'd rather use one of those methods and choose exactly what I purchase instead of leaving it up to someone else to decide what to spend my money on.

Is this a licensed business? Are you guaranteed a certain merchandise value for the price you pay? What if you're not happy with what you receive? What's the return/exchange policy, is there one? Just a few of the questions I'd want answered.

What gets me on that one is it doesn't tell you what the value of the 2-4 items will be. I saw another company doing something similar and they came right out and told you the value was only about 55% of what you were paying. So if you spent $30 on a box, you got something worth $16.50 plus you had to pay shipping! They claimed the extra expense was to cover their overhead costs. So for your $22, you may get something worth, let's say $12--that you didn't even get to pick out.

My dog liked his bark box subscription :dog2:

I've been wanting to do bark box but it is so expensive and our pup has a sensitive stomach. The toys and stuff would be great but the treats would be a big gamble every month. I also am very picky on only made in US food and treats and I don't think they use to guarantee that.

Over the years I've had Loot Crate (bought for fiance for his birthday and kept it up for 1.5 years), birchbox (fiance bought 1 year for Valentine's Day) and Stridebox.

Birch was an honest waste of money. In the entire year I got 2 products I used. Everything wa sample sizes so no way to actuall decide if it did what it said it would. Lots of random colors I would never wear and no matter how much I tried to tweek my profile I got nothing out of it.
Stridebox was my longest running and I genuinely enjoyed it but it was most fuel and food based and I would end up with flavor a I didn't like. I traded with other running friends or gave it away so no biggie.
Loot Crate was good for the length we did it. What we didn't want we let friends and family look through then donated or trashed the rest.

I have 2 dogs so they would share the box. I had a good promotion code when we signed up, an extra free plush. Some were great, some not so great, but it was fun for all.
There was one delivery where no one liked any of the toys. they sent me a code for a free plush, so the service is top notch. My dogs are not toy destroyers, so we are all stocked up for now :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter