~~Part 2 ~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip-or two-or three ~~Off plans 10/11 ~~

:welcome: BACK!!

I'm sure you aren't thrilled that vacation is over...it goes by so quickly. I do know that it's always nice to return to your own bed though.

Can't wait to hear all about your adventures...and of course your plans for the next trip!

No - not thrilled, and I am doing better than I thought I would be at this point. So, that's a plus.

I am very excited to share them!

Welcome Home!!!!

Thank you! :lovestruc

Welcome back. I missed your daily updates and can't wait for you to get back to normal. :)

Thanks Sue - it's always nice to hear when you are missed. :lovestruc

Glad you are safely home and can't wait to read about your trip. So happy you had this time with your daughter.

Thank you! I am excited to share it!

Glad you made it home safely. For me, with any trip, there is always the problem of wanting to stay and get as much out of the vacation as possible... but yet craving home/bed and yes...real food! Can't wait to hear about your mother/daughter adventures and meeting with your "Disney friends"

Thank you! Yes - there was a lot of that this time, we definitely did not want to leave, and we sure couldn't eat any more. LOL I can't wait to share it with you all!

Welcome home. It's always sad when you leave Disney but it feels so good to sleep in your own bed and eat real food.
Have a good day.
Liz

Thank you - for sure!!! It's always nice to be home!

Welcome back. Not trying to be an enabler or anything, but here's a question. Did you buy your AP from SoG? I know they offer it at a discount. Well now I hear there is an offer if you buy before the end of the year, they are giving you 13 months on your AP. You don't have to activate it immediately. Do you know if ones bought at SoG would qualify? I would think so, since it's a regular AP just at a discount price (similar to other places that offer ticket discounts). I'm mulling over the idea of getting one. There was a post on the DIS about a blog where they did a price evaluation and it shows if you have a trip planned with several people for 6 days (I believe) it makes financial sense to have one person purchase the AP (for the food and purchase discounts and the memory maker, etc). The convention for my business will be in Orlando next November and I would love to tie in a WDW trip with the convention.

I know what you mean about the food at Disney. Lots of rich stuff and things you just don't usually eat really messes with your stomach. I noticed it on my last trip--we went in the summer and the food combined with the heat really was killer. I started really watching what I ate which helped.

Get back into your routine and enjoy being back home. I'm looking forward to your TR!

I did not buy my AP from SoG initially and as of yet - I have not renewed. Sadly - as hard as it is - I have no reason to justify an AP in the coming year. IF (and that's a BIG if) we do make it back in 2017, it will be a single trip and I will use the Military Salute tickets. I am sorry I cannot answer your question. I can totally see where it would pay for itself - mine, in this trip alone, paid for itself... I will definitely miss the 10% - 20% discount on almost all dining and the 20% off of all purchases, however, I just don't think I can make up $600 in the cost of one trip? Break even, maybe? I dunno - I still have a few weeks to make up my mind before mine expires.

Yes - my stomach and appetite was a mess for those last few days... I am already feeling so much better.

I am very much looking forward to sharing it. :lovestruc

Welcome home

It must feel good to be able to eat good and healthy food again.

I hope you have a great day :hug:

Ulf and I was in Stavanger 1 1\2 week ago. I was stupid enough to go outside to find 2 geocaches without my winter jacket on. That resulted in me getting a really sore throat on Monday last week. I didn't get a cold then but that happend on Wednesday. My soar thoat was gone yesterday, but I still have a cold which is getting better.

I have been driving my new car everyday and it's going better. Just the last few days I have been driving on the very narrow roads and it's not that difficult as it was the first time I tried it right after getting the car. I still think it's difficult to park. Ulf has been driving with me all the time because I feel a little more secure when he can help and guide me while I drive, but on Sunday I drove alone from my parents house and back home. I chose to not drive the shortest way home because then I had to drive now narrow roads and I didn't want to do that a lone. I managed to get home safe and sound with out any problems. I even managed to park the car out side (I haven't started to practice parking in my garage space yet).

I still have my old car because Ulf is going away this weekend and I'm not sure I'm ready to drive my new car around and park it all by my self yet. Our plan is to have my old car in my garage space because I can drive that car in and out of the garage without any problems and I will have my new car parked outside so I can drive the new car if I feel like it. The plan is to get rid of my old car in the beginning of November. I would have got rid of it soon if it wasn't for Ulf going away this weekend.

Thank you Lillian - it feels great to be home!

Yay!!! I am so happy to hear that your new car driving is going well - I really knew you could do it!!! Practice is a great idea though and I am glad you are taking your time to really get to know your car and get comfortable with it before you move on to the next challenge. I have total confidence in you! It won't be long and you'll forget that driving this car was ever any different than your old one. ::yes::

Welcome Home! So glad you had a great trip. Can't wait to read all about it!

Thanks!!! It's nice to be home and I cannot wait to start my TR! :woohoo:

Welcome home! I'm sorry your travel day was so long yesterday -- good idea to keep V home today. And I'm sorry the food was getting to you at the end of your trip. I'm concerned about that on my upcoming one day trip...I need to start Whole 30 reintroduction....but I'm scared to....but I know I won't be able to be compliant during my trip. I'll just have to do my best.

Take a day to settle in and rest!

Thanks!!! Yes - it was a long day... Thankfully it wasn't bad though - it was just long. ::yes::

Definitely - Hopefully one day won't throw you off too badly - as long as you do your best... However - I know that you do have some stomach issues that you struggle with - so the one day may be harder on you than it would with others. I would start small and start early - SOON - so you don't have any problems down there. :hug:

Hahaha... That didn't happen - LOL... And it's OK. :lovestruc

So glad you had fun can't wait to hear more! Your pictures are fabulous! I bet you miss fresh produce, that is a big thing I feel disney lacks! Rest and recuperate, we aren't going anywhere!

Thanks! We had a great time! Thank you - I do miss fresh produce a lot!!! I tried to eat fresh fruit at the buffets when it was offered - and that did help a lot.

Thanks! :hug:

YAY, you're back!! I LOVED the pics you shared from the trip--V has such an expressive face (wonder who she gets that from!?) and the pics of you just enjoying every little moment together are such a treasure. Don't worry about how you feel your body looks because your face showed PURE happiness in every one....well, OK, except for those very sad going home ones!

Can't wait to read all about the adventures you had! and seriously CANNOT believe 10 days went by so fast!!!

Thanks!!! It's nice to be home... I missed all of my boys! And Allison. :lovestruc

Hahahaha... Yes, she does have an expressive face - no guessing her moods, ever. LOL It was a lot of fun, and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. :lovestruc Hehehehe... Thank you. :hug:

I am very excited to share it all too - yes I knew the 10 days would go by quickly - and these were much faster than I anticipated! ::yes::

Looking forward to your trip report. I'm sorry to hear you didn't sleep well. We've been very lucky with the houses we've rented and have had firm mattresses that we like. We get tired of Disney food, but we've never had it affect us otherwise. But we usually only eat one meal there most days and then cook food we like at home. It still sounds like a wonderful trip. It looks like you had great weather, which it usually is in October. Hope you got some swimming in.

Thanks!!! I am excited to share it!

It wasn't that the beds were uncomfortable in any way - it's just that neither of us slept well... We never did figure out why. This is very unusual for both of us.

I can see where that would be nice - however, part of the reason I enjoy being on vacation so much is that I don't have to cook or do dishes at all... :lmao:

I did dip my feet into the pool a few times - however, I never did put a swimsuit on. The weather was perfect the entire time we were there though - only one rain storm. ::yes::

Welcome home!

Thank you!

Looking forward to the TR. I know how you feel sometimes...you get tired of eating out for that long...especially when the food is so delicious but usually on the less healthy side.

Thanks!!! I am excited to share it!

Exactly!!! It just gets so sickening... And even eating out at home is much different than at Disney - Disney's food is just so heavy, I think? :scratchin

Welcome Home! Thank you for sharing your vacation with us!

Thanks!!! I am excited to share it in the TR!

Welcome home!!!! It looked like you both had a wonderful time. Can't wait for the TR! I'm in the same boat not having another tripped planned so I'm enjoying reading others trips. We live in Alabama and I told my husband I would totally drive down just to eat at Wolfgang puck express and hit up a Christmas party but it's just too much money right now. Bummer.

Thanks!! We had a great time!!! And I am looking forward to sharing the TR! I so wish we were within driving distance to Disney - it would make our trips so much more affordable and realistically priced... It's really hard though when a good chunk of our budget has to be saved for airfare - although I do enjoy the convenience of flying. ::yes:: I wish you were able to take a trip soon.

Welcome Home!!!!

Thank you - despite the trip being over, it's good to be home. :lovestruc

Welcome home. Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Thank you - I am excited to share it! :lovestruc

Sending out a huge welcome back; I so enjoyed following along on Facebook. And, cannot wait for the trip report!

I cannot sleep when I am on vacation. Between the too soft beds and just not being in my environment means no sleep. Is that a usual for you in not sleeping when on vacation?

V looked like she was "on" every day; I saw nothing but smiles and Disney happiness. She deserved a day to do nothing but rest.

Hope Allison and Josh survived without you.

Glad to have you both safely home!!

Love and a huge hug.

Thanks Carol!! I am very excited to share it here!

Yes - there was definitely something not right with our sleep this time around - which is quite odd for both of us - usually we can sleep anywhere. Both of us did sleep - however - it was very restless and both of us were up many times during the night - so it didn't feel like we were sleeping much... Which really did start to affect the end of our trip.

V did great! We had one issue one of our first days - otherwise it was great!

They survived - the house was a bit of a wreck, but everyone is still living - so that's a bonus. :lmao:

Thank you!! It's good to be home! Sending love and hugs back! :lovestruc

Welcome back! I know just what you mean about the food. By the end of our trips I'm usually fooded out. So much so that we have cancelled our final meal twice now, and for our trip next month we cancelled 4 of our 7 meals. Only planning on 3 table service meals.

Thanks!!! Yes - I am really glad I swapped out our LTT lunch on the last day for BoG - as there was NO way we could have done LTT... I wish we could do less - we have so many "must dos"... And it's so hard when you are planning, because I tend to forget how much food I can handle and everything looks so good. LOL

Glad you guys made it home safe!!!

Thank you - it's good to be home! :lovestruc

***********************************************************************************************************

Well all... Yesterday was a nice first day home.

I find that it's imperative that I get back into my routines immediately. I worked out right away in the morning, and I ate a good breakfast (my standard scrambled eggs)... It felt right to be back home and doing what I do every day.

I knew I was off of work at Target this week - however - I thought I had an order to come home to... I'd forgotten that I'd worked ahead before I left - so this lucky girl is also off this week... Which is SUPER nice! :woohoo: I can take this week to hang out with the girls, put the house back to rights and concentrate on meal prep... This is a very good thing and not something I am used to coming home to. :woohoo:

Since V was home yesterday - I let her sleep in... A little after noon we left to go get the oil changed in my car (it was due before I left, and I didn't get it done)... And then we met Machteld at the MOA to give her the box of Christmas gifts to take over from Josh's dad and also all of the fun things we'd purchased in Disney for the Littles. It was nice to see her again, as always... We had a very nice visit.

After - we went to the outlet mall, so V could buy a pair of shoes she'd saved some of her souvenir $$ for... Sadly - they didn't have them here.

Allison took a cute picture of her and I...

Screenshot_2016-10-25-19-25-46.png

Ran to Target to get some groceries - as I was checking out - I realized that I'd not swapped out my Disney wallet, so I didn't have my Target red card or my Team Member Discount card with me - and since i don't work at this particular store, I really needed those things... V was waiting in the car, and typically she carries my spare discount card - so I ran out there to grab it and to loan some cash from her (I either have to pay with cash or red card to get my discount) - she just threw her wallet at me. LOL Turns out - she didn't have the discount card with her either, as she was still carrying her Disney wallet too... The cashier was kind enough to just type in my employee numbers and give me my discount anyways. :woohoo:

Stopped at one more shoe store... They had V's shoes - she was a happy girl!

Came home, had a nice dinner of chicken and potatoes - Josh made his "famous" gravy - which isn't really famous, it's just our favorite... I don't know that anyone else has ever tasted it. :scratchin

We were all in bed by 7:30 - LOL

Today - V is back to school.

I plan to go to town and do a better grocery trip - yesterday was just a quick one to grab a couple things.

It is my goal to go straight back into a Whole30... Not sure I will make it the entire 30 days? :scratchin However, doing a reset like this after vacation is always super helpful to me... As you all know - I've been struggling with my own self image lately, and it didn't get any better on the trip... Time to really focus on this and take care of me. :lovestruc

I also hope to get the intro to my TR posted today... I have not even started writing it yet - so it may be a few hours... Keep your eyes open for it though. :lovestruc

I hope you all have a great day today - it feels good to be home - I missed you all! :lovestruc

D~

Last edited:
YAY for working a head in your sewing room before you left on your trip so you hae this week off :woohoo:

Sounds like you had a great day yesterday.

Nice picture of you and Allison.

What a bummer that you still had your Disney wallet with you to Target. How great that the cashier was kind enough to give you your discount anyway.

Sounds like a good idea to eat Whole30 again since the food at Disney isn't that healthy.

I can't wait to read your trip report.

It took me forever to switch back to my regular wallet after my Disney trip in August...and I had a similar situation where I needed something that was in my regular wallet and didn't have it with me. Oops! I'm glad the cashier at Target let you punch in your employee number. :-)

I'm excited to read your new TR!

It is my goal to go straight back into a Whole30... Not sure I will make it the entire 30 days? :scratchin However, doing a reset like this after vacation is always super helpful to me... As you all know - I've been struggling with my own self image lately, and it didn't get any better on the trip... Time to really focus on this and take care of me.

What about instead of doing a whole30, you do a whole7 or a whole 14? This way you get the reset without worrying about 30 full days. One of my girls did a whole 5. It was just what her body need to get out of the junk habit. It really made her feel better.

Welcome back to normal life, which can be good or bad. ;) I bet Allison missed you. We already know that you missed her. ;)

Welcome home! I really enjoyed following along with your trip. It's made waiting for mine a little easier.

As for your next trip, I think we might be down there the same time as Mo next year...you're welcome to join us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter