Pat9283's Planning Journal! Updated with wedding dress fitting pictures!!

pat9283

Mouseketeer
I've just decided to do a Wedding Planning thread with all my details on it. Just so I can share everything with you! Im very excited and I think Im starting to bore people :rotfl: At least I know you guys will appreciate it!

May 05

I'll start with the engagement! I had been hinting that we should get married for ages but so far 3yrs and no luck, DF always said that he had a specific way that he wanted to do it and he was'nt going to do it until he could do it that way (propose this is LOL). So we had booked a trip to Florida and had been paying for it for a year! Money was pretty tight and I knew that there was no chance of the proposal any time soon.:sad1:
We had been in WDW for a few days when we decided to go to the MK and watch wishes! I was amazed, I had never been to WDW and I loved it. It was the most perfect night and I thought that if he was going to propose, he should do it right then. It was so romantic!:cloud9: We did'nt have a ring though. I said to him that he should just ask me and we would get a cheap ring when we got home! He just laughed it off and said that he wanted it to be perfect (I had no idea how it could possibly be more perfect, but whatever) Needless to say I was quite dissapointed. I got over it though and carried on having a fantastic holiday.:banana:
About a week into the holiday we had an excursion booked for a trip to clearwater and a trip on the sea screamer (fab). It was a beautiful day and I was in a fantastic mood. We got to clearwater and settled onto the beach, I was amazed at how beautiful everything was, and the view over the gulf of mexico was amazing (bear in mind I come from england and the beaches are poor to say the least) I was laying on the beach :beach: and thinking about how he should have proposed during wishes. I could'nt help myself so I started to say to him that he should have asked me the other day and it would have been perfect. :mad: During my rant he was rumaging in his bag for something (which I thought was quite anoying:furious: as I was talking to him) Then he pulled out a ring! My mind went compleatly blank! I just burst out laughing and I have no idea what he said (although I am told it was something about loving me and wanting to spend the rest of his life with me)
I eventualy managed to say yes! And I was compleatly in shock! I only got to sit and absorb it for a few more minutes because we had lunch scheduled at the Hilton. We got an amazing table for 2 right next to the window overlooking the sea (it was beautiful) I would love be able to tell you what we ate, but I was still in shock so I don't remember LOL. After that we went on the sea screamer:boat: and I got the most amazing pictures of the dolphns!
It turned out to be an amazing day but I felt so bad that I had gone on about wishes so much! Oop's Oh well we spent the rest of the holiday talking about how we would love to get married at WDW. so who knows I might get a romantic viewing of wishes after all!:Pinkbounc

After we got home I found out that his family were totally in on it and I had no Idea! I have never been fooled so well in my life! Apparently earlier in the holiday he had asked me what I thought would be our best day of the trip. I had said the trip to clearwater as I was looking forward to seeing the dolphins, so when we watched wishes he had'nt even bought the ring with him as he thought I would be happier if he asked me on the day I had looked forward to the most! Ooops again! And he had been saving for a year for the ring and I did'nt know (his mother had known all that time as well) Ooooooooo duped!

Anyway our familys where very very pleased when they found out I had said yes (we did'nt ring them while we were away to let them know so they thought I had said NO! LOL)So now every1 is looking forward to our WDWFTW Especialy since none of them have been b4!:mickeyjum So I can't wait and It is so much fun to be planning it! Feels like its been a long time coming!

well to start off this is my dress!

josephine.jpg

I love it but this is the only picture I have at the moment! You cant see all of the detail properly but its heavly beaded on the bodice and has a design done in the beads and diamonties going all down the front and down the back and on the train!

This is my bridesmaids dresses. I have 3 bridesmaids (all blond and slim! :sad2: so I am the odd 1 out :rotfl: ) Their 20, 18 and 13.

bridesmaidsdress.jpg

I think I will leave it at that for now and see how it turns out! Its the 1st time I have posted pictures so it might take me some getting used to LOL

Well here goes another page! This one of my pageboys (there are 2 posibly 3 because the future sister in law is pregnant and the baby will be 10mth when we get married!

DSC04692.jpg

All of the men will be wearing the same thing because I dont want them to colapse in the florida heat (a lot hotter than England I can tell you that!) Even the groom although I'm trying to thinlk of something unique to make him stand out! (any ideas?)

This is my flower girls dresses (there are 3 possibly 4 of these) they're a bit big in the pictures because I have had to get them so they can grow into them! The green leaves in the bottom are going to be changed to pink (my original colours where green and white).

DSC04769.jpg

She wont be wearing that tiara! she wanted to pretend she was a princess so she put it on out of her dress up box LOL The dress wont be that long on her either! :rotfl:

I have had to get some flowers for the bridesmaids, groomsmen, and mothers made from silk, so that I can transport them over eaisier! They turned out ok I only want them for the pictures really!

bridesmaids over-arm bouquets

weddingstuff008.jpg

Mens Button holes

weddingstuff005.jpg

And corsages

weddingstuff007.jpg

I only hope that Disney can make my bouquet and the grooms button hole similar! I've heard that they do a pretty good job at matching things up, so fingers crossed!

So sorry about the size of these pictures! I don't know how to make them any smaller:rotfl:

Love it all! Thank you for sharing. We never get tired of hearing about wedding stuff so please keep sharing.:goodvibes

I love that you used feathers- and in pink!!!!!! Disney should have no problem working off of what you did, they are also great about dyeing feathers!

For differentiating the groom, how about making his tie pink and keeping all the rest the of the ensenble the same?

Can't wait to hear more.:cool1:

The pink tie is a great idea! Now I just have to convince him! He is trying to be macho and is already cracking jokes about the pink flowers! he knows hes gonna lose tho! LOL :rotfl:

:lmao:

I think men look great in pink. It took awhile for my DH to come around to wearing pink, but I kept telling him, "REAL MEN WEAR PINK"!!!! It eventually worked.:rotfl:

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I have read so many trip reports and planning journals that I thought I would give something back of my own and hopefully not bore you all to death! :rotfl:

Your dress is beautiful!!!

And I love what you did with the flowers as well! StephSFL is 100% correct...Disney is amazing at the floral stuff. Sending your pics to your EM/WP will help them so much!

The little ones in your pics are adorable (especially that little girl!princess: ).

All of your choices are really beautiful!

Congratulations and have fun as you continue to plan!

I have been over on the DISign boards and they have come up with some ideas for t-shirts for me, so I thought I would add them to my planning journal and see what you all think. They are in the process of designing some more for me so I will post those at a later date!

ringbearer1.gif

ring1-1.gif

patrice-neil2.jpg

They are doing me bridesmaids ones and flower girl ones as well!

Thanks! I have been checking out some websites today and found some good things on e-bay, I'm interested in getting a disney themed unity candle and I saw some lovely ones on e-bay and they were miles cheaper than Disney! I'll let u all know what I decide. I've also been on www.shopforbridal.com! they are amazingly cheap (compared to the uk) and they ship to the uk and america! I would have to say that e-bay can be invaluble when it comes to wedding planning. I got 3 bridesmaids tiaras on there for £17 ($35) and they are beautiful I will try and find a picture to post!

Well I'm just uploading my pictures and I have found some ideas for hairstyles that I love (I stole them from another post, but they are perfect so Im sure summer will forgive me) And I would like an opinion on which is best, My hair is dark brown and I have a tiara so I'm not planning on having any flowers or anything in my hair! I just like the style of the 1st one! Help!

3tiaras.jpg

These are the bridesmaids tiaras!

weddingnecklace.jpg

This is a necklace and earring set that I just won an e-bay! woohoo!

weddinghairdown1.jpg

weddinghairsumupsumdwn.jpg

These are the 2 hair style I like!
:bride:

The tee shirt ideas are great...
love your dress as well...

happy planning

I'm planning from the uk as well!! congrats on your engagment!!

Everything looks great, My colours are pink as well even my dress is ice pink!!

Where did you get your waistcoats from they look so nice?

well I got some more designs for my t-shirts! Here they are. I can't believe how creative these people are and how kind they are to do these designs in there own time!

Pageboy Just incase the SIL has a boy!

Pageboy1.jpg

Maid of honor

MaidPatriceNeil1.jpg

A few different flowergirl ones

FlowerGirlSleepingB1.jpg

FlowergirlCinder1.jpg

FlowerGirlBelle1.jpg

And a baby flower girl (shes only 1yr)

flowergirlminnie1.jpg

Bridesmaids

bridesmaid1.jpg

And some gride and groom ones (my fav character is tink and DF loves peter)

groompatriceneil2.jpg

groompatriceneil.jpg

bridepatriceneil2.jpg

BridePatriceNeil.jpg

And for the back of the t-shirts because I thought it would be cute!

tinkpetershirtbacks_edited-1.jpg

I love them I think they are so cute. The DISigns board is amazing!:cloud9:

I love the hairstyle on the blonde as well - I have that in my scrapbook of things I like for my hair! Nice taste!

I absolutely adore the t-shirt designs. Are you going to make them up yourself or have someone do it for you? I really love this idea myself and was wondering how I would go about organising something like that :cloud9:

I absolutely adore the t-shirt designs. Are you going to make them up yourself or have someone do it for you? I really love this idea myself and was wondering how I would go about organising something like that :cloud9:

i believe most of the designs that come up on this board are from the DISigns creative board. you then just buy one of those t-shirt printing sets (staples or pcworld do them), print the pictures off them iron the designs onto plain tshirts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter