Paying off Room Balance

Bowen9475

DIS Veteran
We have a resort room only reservation that my son made with his CM discount. We have paid the deposit on my credit card. I would like to pay the balance with a Disney gift card. What is the best way/time to do this? I don't want them to put the balance on the saved credit card. Thank you!

Do it at check in.

I have a saved credit card on my reservations and it is ALWAYS charged prior to check in, in the very early morning hours of check in day. They can reverse that charge and put the balance on a gift card, but I find it much easier to call prior to the day we check in and pay off the balance with an alternate method than the card charged on file.

We have a resort room only reservation that my son made with his CM discount. We have paid the deposit on my credit card. I would like to pay the balance with a Disney gift card. What is the best way/time to do this? I don't want them to put the balance on the saved credit card. Thank you!
I did this for our last trip. The deposit went on my cc and I just called to make payments with Disney gift cards. I paid the outstanding balance well before we arrived though because I wanted to make sure it didn't get charged to my cc.

DO NOT do it at check-in, by then your CC will already have been charged and then you will have to have them do a credit (that may take a few days). Call and pay it off over the phone, we do this on all our trips.

Calling is the best option, as others have mentionned, Disney usually uses the credit card on file the morning you're checking in. (To be complete, it sometimes happen that Disney doesn't charge your card, but why chance it?)

Another option if you insist of doing it at the resort would be to not provide a credit card number when you do online checkin (or skip online checkin altogether).

Since you have a CM discount, your son might need to be the one to add the gift card to the reservation.

Just call in with the gift cards and pay that way. We’ve also paid online using gift cards, but don’t know if that’s an option with a CM rate. Paid off our last trip incrementally that way.

I go twice a year and ALWAYS have to pay my room only ressies in advance. When I book, it's the one night deposit, then I have to pay the full balance ahead of time. Maybe it's because I use a TA? Not that I'm complaining....it sort of helps when I check out and the bill isn't like a half year mortgage payment!

I go twice a year and ALWAYS have to pay my room only ressies in advance. When I book, it's the one night deposit, then I have to pay the full balance ahead of time. Maybe it's because I use a TA? Not that I'm complaining....it sort of helps when I check out and the bill isn't like a half year mortgage payment!

TAs can have different requirements for final payment which is what you have likely encountered. Disney's policy on a room only reservation is that the balance is due at check in, however in practice I find that if you have a card connected to the reservation that the card will be charged in the early morning hours of your check in day.

Call. I do this every time and it works out great. It's also nice to arrive knowing my balance is $0.00

I was told my room only had to be paid 30 days in advance. (I paid it well before)

If you book directly with Disney room only balances are due upon check in. If you booked through a 3rd party there will be different rules.

I’m glad I read this, I’ll be checking into POFQ in next week and I have a credit card saved to my account but want to use a different one to pay my balance. Now I know I should call before I get there, I didn’t even know that was an option! Thanks!

i have a regular room only reservation i made online and paid half at the time of booking. it looks like the rest is due at check in but i want to pay it now. can i do it online? it doesnt look obvious. but im not going to call thats so 2005. thats annoying. is there something im not seeing?

Just call in with the gift cards and pay that way. We’ve also paid online using gift cards, but don’t know if that’s an option with a CM rate. Paid off our last trip incrementally that way.

How were you able to pay online for a room only reservation? I have always thought it is not an option. I have certainly never seen it, and I do room only reservations every visit (military).

i have a regular room only reservation i made online and paid half at the time of booking. it looks like the rest is due at check in but i want to pay it now. can i do it online? it doesnt look obvious. but im not going to call thats so 2005. thats annoying. is there something im not seeing?

Unless @RangerPooh comes back with a way I am not aware of, no, you can’t pay on a room only reservation online. You must time travel back to 2005. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter