PBH - Extremely disappointed - who to contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3.gif

Just wondering why a local, OP's statement that she lives 4 miles from UO, would pay so much for a room and why go during the busiest times?

Room number please

That would certainly be helpful to others on these boards who might want to request not getting that room. OP, perhaps you could post that info into the Portofino Bay Hotel thread.

the only thing that struck me in reading this thread is you're thanking damo for understanding when all she posted was, she leaves the curtains opened a bit for the morning light.

damo's post: "We always leave the curtains open a bit or we'll sleep way too long in the morning because it is so dark. We make sure the sheers are closed but leave the blackouts open a bit."

I noticed that, too.

We checked in at 10am yesterday - Club level king room with a bay view.

While it wasn't all bad, the spotlight shining in our window when we got back to the room at 11pm ended up driving us out.

We live locally, so when DH was told the hotel was sold out last night but they could move us today, he asked if they would comp the room for last night. That way we could drive home and sleep and come back refreshed today, ready to finish our weekend. No go. They would give us a $50 credit if we stayed and moved today and spent the rest of our weekend exhausted due to lack of sleep.

I cannot even say how disappointed I am. I left in tears and at this point will probably never go back to a Universal resort.

Does anyone know who I can contact?

I am just trying to make sure I am following along here. I may have gotten posters confused but, did you write that you already spoke to a manager and he already comped you one night and moved you to a different room but you also want to report this to someone else??

i could be wrong but the op stated the issue they had with the light shining in their room.
they realized it when they returned back to the room in the evening.

the husband wanted a comped room and it didn't happen.
so they drove 4 miles to their house to sleep.

she started the thread after they went home.

but they returned and stated another night with a full comp on the first nights stay.

later she posted that they did get the comp and stayed another night in a different room.

in the early post she stated: "I cannot even say how disappointed I am. I left in tears and at this point will probably never go back to a Universal resort."

but, she did return the next day to spend that night at the hotel.

all i want to know is how come damo came out smelling like a rose.....:laughing:

i could be wrong but the op stated the issue they had with the light shining in their room.
they realized it when they returned back to the room in the evening.

the husband wanted a comped room and it didn't happen.
so they drove 4 miles to their house to sleep.

she started the thread after they went home.

but they returned and stated another night with a full comp on the first nights stay.

later she posted that they did get the comp and stayed another night in a different room.

in the early post she stated: "I cannot even say how disappointed I am. I left in tears and at this point will probably never go back to a Universal resort."

but, she did return the next day to spend that night at the hotel.

all i want to know is how come damo came out smelling like a rose.....:laughing:

Shush you, I'm the good one!!! :lmao:

I think all of us regulars knew exactly what was going to happen in this thread...other than my smell...;)

Well, not so sure about that... they also double-booked our cabana and it took us nearly two hours to get that issue resolved. :headache:

I guess I'm just used to - and spoiled by! - Disney's Customer Service. ;)

Ok..that statement there just made me laugh out loud. The lowes royal pacific was far superior to the grand floridian for about an 1/8 of the cost. Portofino has been consistently first class in every way shape and form. And I was thinking about your curtain problem...there are the blackout curtains which you have to look for, reach behind to close, then the sheers and the curtain. Is it possible you didn't close the blackouts cuz I'm just saying there's no way light is getting through. And if you have the room number to post I will request that room when I go in november and will take pics to prove your point. The whole thing is bizarre.

Ok..that statement there just made me laugh out loud. The lowes royal pacific was far superior to the grand floridian for about an 1/8 of the cost. Portofino has been consistently first class in every way shape and form. And I was thinking about your curtain problem...there are the blackout curtains which you have to look for, reach behind to close, then the sheers and the curtain. Is it possible you didn't close the blackouts cuz I'm just saying there's no way light is getting through. And if you have the room number to post I will request that room when I go in november and will take pics to prove your point. The whole thing is bizarre.

Those curtains will block out a supernova.

I must have missed the other thread explaining that the OP had tortured and killed all of your families. Jeez....

Ok is it just me cause every hotel I have stayed at has the black out curtains and just like damo I like to leave them open a little to wake me up but DW gets up and closes them and then I get agravated cause we get a late start but she reminds me we are on vacation duh :lmao: but to complain and say you are never going back when you don't close the curtains only to go back after getting comped and switching to complaining about double booking for a cabana :confused3

Dare me to go over to the Grand Floridian board and complain of a spotlight in my room?:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:

i have a confession to make.

in over 40 visits to the onsite UO hotels, i didn't realize it was called a black out curtain.
2.gif

i was thinking, man, wish i had curtains like that in my house.

OK, I'll bite:

I dare you to go over to the Grand Floridian board and complain of a spotlight in your room.

;)

hey.........

now melanie is going to pass the hat to collect from us the cost of a one night stay there.

i know.
we'll send melanie to Lou for the
2.gif

i have a confession to make.

in over 40 visits to the onsite UO hotels, i didn't realize it was called a black out curtain.
2.gif

We have black outs in our bedroom and love them on the weekends.:thumbsup2

You can get them -- they're widely available. I used to work nights -- some of my colleagues had them to help them sleep during the day. I think most department stores carry them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter