PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

No frills offer for me buy $50 gift card get 10,000 Points.
for every $50 spent on any combination of OLG Lottery, Pizza Pizza, H&M, and American Eagle gift cards

So I was going to buy those Christmas Lottery scratch package tickets for 2 of my sons.

View attachment 536750
If I buy a 50.00 OLG card can I exchange it for scratch tickets?

View attachment 536749

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks
Mel
Yes, as long as you get the card shown above. There is another gift card that only allows you to purchase 649 and Max but you will only see those two signs on the gc. With the exchange to scratch tickets, I do this all the time.
I will tell you that a friend of mine bought one and her corner store told her she could not use it for scratch. She took it to a bigger store and was able to do it. It's all in the education I guess. Now, having said that, YMMV.

Just a reminder that there is normally a 24 hour lag between purchasing gift cards at Shoppers, Superstore, etc. between purchasing them and being able to use them.

i’ve also seen some pretty neat stuff in the seasonal sections, depending what your kiddo likes. lots of craft supplies, decor that looks young and fun. she’s about 10, right? you could put together a “spa day” kit with nail polishes, face masks, nice bath products, that kind of stuff?
:rotfl: My sons would probably not like spa day stuff...but they do love those gift packs that come in for the holiday season :flower: I can't wait to buy things like that for our GD to use when she comes to visit Grammie!!!! She won't want to leave Grammie's house because Grammie has all the fun things to do and does them with her ;)

Last edited:
:rotfl: My sons would probably not like spa day stuff...but they do love those gift packs that come in for the holiday season :flower: I can't wait to buy things like that for our GD to use when she comes to visit Grammie!!!! She won't want to Grammie's house because Grammie has all the fun things to do and does them with her ;)

I know, it was a total brain fart! I just mixed up screen names. It's been a week...:drinking1

I haven't read this article myself but thought some might be interested. I'll probably read it later as I am curious. For anyone who is thinking about the new PC bank account you may want to take a peak. MoneySense is a great source of information.
https://www.moneysense.ca/save/pc-m...2NHTdR_gU2pOhSFsAk8VbAqD__maKJ3RoDOBVNFwpmjo0

thanks for posting :)

main drawbacks, from the article:
- no fees on most things (exceptions: cancelling an e-transfer, taking $$ out at non-PC ATMs)
- no personal cheques

i would consider moving my chequing account here. i guess the next step is to compare it with the credit card?

One of the big drawbacks I see with this account compared to Simplii is now you would be restricted to only making deposits, withdrawls, etc at one of their machines. Right now I can do that without fees at any CIBC machine which there are far more of.

It seems like they're sorry for the changes they made a couple of years ago and are now trying to get those customers back.

Will read the article but at this time not planning on making any changes.

Not that I am aware of, but if it works for anyone, please post!
it was spend $20, get 8,000 points (I think). It was supposed to be one per collector number, but we were doing it multiple times.

Is anyone else getting offers that are totally useless...items that you never have/would buy or items that you might buy once a year? This has been happening to me for maybe a month or more. I used to earn around 7000-10000 points a week just on my basic grocery items. Lately, I'm earning 2000 or less a week.

I have an offer for Keg or ToysRUs gift cards this week. Spend $100 get 15,000 points. Not sure if everyone is going to get it but worth a look if you need either.

I also just hit the 'don't show again' button with offers I don't want, then they send different ones. This week I have an offer for watermelon. Wrong time of the year for that and they never have a good price on that product so I will just delete it and wait for something else. There are some I get over and over, while I don't purchase them every week they are great hold overs for the next week.

I'm fortunate. I just made my grocery list (heading out in a few moments). I have several offers that repeat and I use all the time on my list. I ignore any offers I don't use. Guess I should swipe. :)
I just tried to sign up for PC Insiders, but am waiting for an email to confirm my subscription. I was hoping to have that done before I shop. Next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter