PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Since they put the self-checkouts, my local stores don't sell the video games as much as they used to. Or they have the same ones they've had for the last 7 months, and they don't know where to display them. So frustrating, as I loved getting video games for free!

There's another 20x event on Sunday and Monday in the new flyer. LOTS of good deals next week! Including La Vie En Rose $50 gift card, earn 10,000 points!

Anyone needing swimwear for an upcoming trip, this would be excellent timing!

Is this offer specific to certain provinces or locations? I’ve reviewed the flyer for my area (Norther AB) and I don’t see it in the flyer ☹️. It was featured about 4 weeks ago and after reading your post I got excited about taking advantage of it again.

Edit: the La Vie En Rose GC offer
Edit#2: Oops. That’s what I get for viewing the flyer on my phone!

Last edited:
With regards to the 10,000 points for the La Vie EN Rose GC, would you earn 20x the points on that if purchased Sunday or Monday? I believe it may be wishful thinking though I’m going to try for it anyways.

My other question is will Shoppers allow GC purchases with a GC? I have a Shoppers GC and I wanted to buy the above GC with it.

With regards to the 10,000 points for the La Vie EN Rose GC, would you earn 20x the points on that if purchased Sunday or Monday? I believe it may be wishful thinking though I’m going to try for it anyways.

My other question is will Shoppers allow GC purchases with a GC? I have a Shoppers GC and I wanted to buy the above GC with it.
No, you will not get 20X on the 10,000 from the La Vie En Rose GC. That would be great wouldn't it? You only get 20X on the base points not any bonus points.

As for your other question, sadly that's a no as well.

Just returned from my Shoppers shop. Spent $50.57 after tax, of which there was very little, received 21800 in points. I purchased 3 packages of bacon, had a spend $300 get 600 points. The total for that was $14.97 and they did round up so I received 3000 points. Bought a box of crackers and that was $1.88, they did not round up on that.

Yesterday I had an offer of purchase $20 in gas, get 2000 points. We have an ESSO two blocks away so I used it to put the $20 in. I'll finish my fill up when I pass a Shell.

All in all, good week I'd say. This is paying off so much more than the AM's program for me. I will continue the AM's, I love a challenge, but looks like this program is a keeper as well. Hope everyone has a good shop!

Just home from my trip as well. $51.93 before tax ($54.34 after tax), earned 15,700 points. Less than 5,000 points shy of 50,000 again.

@tinkerone, I agree with you on the PC program paying off. Since January, I've earned 400,000 points ($400), which I turned into the equivalent in Disney gift cards. I have no doubt in my mind that I will have my goal of $2000 in gift cards by our next trip in 2021.

Of course I will always do air miles, but at least now I don't need to overspend to earn those when I can utilize the PC program on those off weeks.

I’m back from my shop as well. I spent $64.84 after tax . Just looked at my receipt and the overcharged me by $4 on my cereal. I’ll have to take it back. I should know by now to check in the store. I could just let it go but I’m going to be really annoyed that I paid $6.99 for a box of Cheerios. :scared:
I earned 19,140 points.

Despite this mornings guffaw, which can and does happen, I am really pleased with the PC program as well. I addded a $75 Disney gift card to my shop this morning, and I’ll go to NoFrills now and get groceries with my points. It’s so easy.

Just home from my trip as well. $51.93 before tax ($54.34 after tax), earned 15,700 points. Less than 5,000 points shy of 50,000 again.

@tinkerone, I agree with you on the PC program paying off. Since January, I've earned 400,000 points ($400), which I turned into the equivalent in Disney gift cards. I have no doubt in my mind that I will have my goal of $2000 in gift cards by our next trip in 2021.

Of course I will always do air miles, but at least now I don't need to overspend to earn those when I can utilize the PC program on those off weeks.
Can we use points to buy Disney gift cards? I vaguely remember I used PC points to buy Cineplex GCs once but I am not sure since it was a while ago. I bought some groceries and a pack of 5 Cineplex $15 GCs then paid with points.

Can we use points to buy Disney gift cards? I vaguely remember I used PC points to buy Cineplex GCs once but I am not sure since it was a while ago. I bought some groceries and a pack of 5 Cineplex $15 GCs then paid with points.

No, we can't.

Every time I have $50 in points, I cash them out and then I use that $50 I would have spent, I buy a wdw gift card.

If you have both a Foodland and a Real Canadian Superstore in your area, you can price match the Cadbury Mini Eggs (943g) at 13.99 (Foodland price) at the Superstore and get 8000 points!

Does Shoppers Drug Mart price match on grocery (or other) items?

If you have both a Foodland and a Real Canadian Superstore in your area, you can price match the Cadbury Mini Eggs (943g) at 13.99 (Foodland price) at the Superstore and get 8000 points!

Does Shoppers Drug Mart price match on grocery (or other) items?
No shoppers price match...that would be great

I did get to Shopper's yesterday as well...spent 53 and change...got 18,000 points. I'll take that. Then went to No Frills and received another 5600 points for offers i had for my weekly shopping :woohoo: So that is 23.00 in savings. So it was a great optimum points weekend for me. I will work both AM and the optimum programs. I don't have many places locally to get AM...( no rexall here ) I think both have their merit. I like the fact that I can use Am for hotels, flights, tickets into Disney, Universal, Sea World etc etc etc to help cover some of the costs and car rental ( if we re going to try to be brave and tackle driving down there ). Part of me wants to keep collecting AM to use for a package that we would use through Red Tag. Guess we will see where the point and AM collecting will take our family ;)

Just wondering if this link has anything interesting
Shoppers Drug Mart Flyer Canada: Bonus Redemption Event March 29th – 31st
Hugs
Mel
https://smartcanucks.ca/shoppers-drug-mart-flyer-canada-bonus-redemption-event-march-29th-31st/

I really want to be able to take advantage of these bonus point events. I have enough points but I feel like I end up spending more than I save in a way as I buy things I wouldn't normally buy or pay more than I'd normally pay for certain items. Back when it was just Optimum points, I would just buy stuff more 'for fun' and look at it as free money. But when I could be using these points for our regular groceries at Superstore or No Frills, it feels wasteful almost if you know what I mean. I don't spend $75 at Shoppers on a regular basis. But I hate missing out on the bonus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter