Penguin Encounter at SeaWorld

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
We did the Penguin Encounter this past weekend, and it was amazing! I knew you got to pet a penguin, but I didn't realize you actually got to go inside the exhibit. You have to stay behind a low fence, and it's up to the penguins whether they want to come close enough for petting but we lucked out and many of them did. Click here for my full report with photos. We saw a puffin too but didn't get to pet him (got close enough for photos tho').

Great report. I love penquins and if I ever get back to Sea World I would love to do that. Thanks for sharing.

It looks like you had a great time! I got on the website and tried looking for dates/times/prices but kept getting an "invalid ticket quantity" error. There's no place for me to enter or choose a quantity though. Did you reserve through their website?

I looked at the website but couldn't find the times so I booked over the phone (they still didn't tell me the time...didn't find out till we got there).

did you get to pet cobie too?

thankfully the day i went i had on a nice thick sweater cause it was cold outside. I got to spend a good 15mins inside before my knees started shaking.

Our penguin was Ludwig and he was soooo sweet! He was the one in the hall and we petted several more inside the exhibit so Cobie might have been among them. I was surprised at how friendly they are, considering we weren't giving them food.

We got to pet one when we went a few years ago, but I don't remember his name. I remember the handler telling us about their projectile poops, LOL.

We were in an area after we petted the penguin and the tour guide was telling us all kids of facts. Little did she know that behind her, on the other side of the glass, there was an X-rated penguin show going on, LOL. One of the little boys in the group finally screamed out, "The penguins are DANCING!" LOL and all the adults had a good laugh:lmao: Once everyone started looking, the male stopped, looked up at us and waddled off, as if he was embarrased. DS said he wished I had videotaped it.:rotfl:

Marsha

Thanks for letting us know! I was debating whether or not to take the time to do it while at SeaWorld

Is this a new experience. DD and i did the Polar Expedition last year and you got to pet a penguin, but most of the tour centered around other exhibits and animals. The website mentions petting a puffin, but some photos show a king penguin is this the same one? DD is a huge penguin fan and this looks right up her alley.

This is the tour that includes a puffin, but we did not get to pet it (we did get to sit near it for photos). I think that might depend on which animal they use, as they don't force them to interact. Our puffin was kind of a shy one. This tour was definitely centered on the penguins, so you should get to pet a king penguin that they will bring into the hallway. With any luck you'll get to go into the exhibit too and hopefully other penguins will hang out within petting reach if you do.

Hi
I have just booked this for my 40th birthday on september 24th.I adore these little fellas and are fascinated by thier walk and the hard work they do out in the wild. Cant wait to do this.
Thanks for showing the photos I feel really excited about this.Will probably end up shedding a tear:laughing:

was this the plain penguin encounter exhibit, or the spotlight or another tour?

Looks like you had a great time meeting the penguins. I'm definately going to book this for our October trip now. :)

In addition to the "Penguin Spotlight Tour," you also get to pet a penguin on the "Behind the Scenes Tour." Obviously, you get to spend more time with the penguins on the penguin tour. We just did the Behind the Scenes tour and we got to pet a penguin and spend about 15 minutes inside the smaller exhibit talking with the trainer(?) and our tour guide.

Does it cost extra to see to pet the penquins? Is it a special tour you have to sign up for? thanks!:)

Yes, it's an extra cost tour that you can book before your trip or on the same day if there is still availability. It is well worth the cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter