PET Swap, Sign-ups ~Closed.~

bookmama, have you looked at the swap glossary thread? It has some links to websites that give you step-by-step instruction on how to make most of the elements.

To help with the overall feel, pick one main color for all your elements. Than only use one or two other complimenting colors until you get the hang of it. Simple is very okay, as long as you are using good quality paper and embellishments.

I noticed your cutting was jagged and uneven. Do you have a scrapbooking store near you? Like an Archivers or locally owned one. They will have special die cutting machines you can use - for free - if you buy the paper there at that store. This will help you tremendously with keeping clean lines and not spending a lot of money on machines & gadgets.

If you need advice or help - please ask someone - we are willing to help. We have all been new and amatuerish.

I noticed your cutting was jagged and uneven. Do you have a scrapbooking store near you? Like an Archivers or locally owned one. They will have special die cutting machines you can use - for free - if you buy the paper there at that store. This will help you tremendously with keeping clean lines and not spending a lot of money on machines & gadgets.

If you need advice or help - please ask someone - we are willing to help. We have all been new and amatuerish.

thanks. I'll try that with the next swap, i bought a paper trimmers and no matter how hard i try to keep the paper straight it always comes out crooked. My mom says its the family curse--we can't draw a straight line with a ruler.

I got mine yesterday too. LOVE LOVE LOVE everything! You guys are the BESTEST!!! As my son says "Awesometastic!!"

I'll check for extras tomorrow. I haven't had the chance yet.

thanks. I'll try that with the next swap, i bought a paper trimmers and no matter how hard i try to keep the paper straight it always comes out crooked. My mom says its the family curse--we can't draw a straight line with a ruler.

It's not you. I've bought three different paper trimmers - both the Creative Memories cutting system straight edge and the new CM straight cutter and the Fiskars grey and orange cutter. NONE of them cut straight. Only the expensive ones trim in a straight line. Don't feel bad. It drives me crazy, too!

I've not heard anything yet some still need to check their packages, one still needs to check in and the last package is now postal, I did check Maria's and all her items are correct with no extras.

Kat,

I know you havent taken pics of your swap stuff, but what did you make?? :yay:

so did anyone find extra stuff in their package?? Or is anyone else missing anything?

I've not heard anything yet, they have to be in someones package

I'm also missing items from the cat swap. Mine own and KatDisney plus the flake one also from the sat swap.

OK just PM what your missing and I will send you my own items. I want to wrap this up and it seems no one has extra pieces. I know for a fact that I don't have any extras here but like I said I want to wrap this up. So just let me know what your missing and I will mail you mine and I will be the only one missing things from the swap

OK just PM what your missing and I will send you my own items. I want to wrap this up and it seems no one has extra pieces. I know for a fact that I don't have any extras here but like I said I want to wrap this up. So just let me know what your missing and I will mail you mine and I will be the only one missing things from the swap

We don't want your item's KatDisney, were just trying to let other know that these items are missing and may be in there package. If they don't I'm not going to sweat it.

Honestly, they must be someone's box. Please, everyone, check your items again and report here for Kat. I certainly don't want the hostess to be out her items.

I have two of mine from group 1
I am missing Kat's from group 1
I am missing my own from group 3 (dog group 2)

:) I know Pigletspal Im just frustrated that the missing items haven't been found yet they have got to be in someones box :( And I'd rather be the one missing the items then you all :)

I'm still missing:
*Kat's items from Dog Group #1
*My own from Dog Group #3 (the second dog group)

They've got to be somewhere.

I was actually at a dog show / expo all day today, and then we went out for dinner. I just got home and haven't really been on the Board for a couple of days.

i have checked my items, nothing extra and nothing missing.

sorry i didn't have a better answer for the mystery

Looks like I have all the ones I'm supposed to have, plus 1 extra of mine. One doesn't have a name on it, but one of the pieces says "The Cat did it"...who did that one? Am I supposed to have that one?

Kat,

I know you havent taken pics of your swap stuff, but what did you make?? :yay:

For group 1 dogs:

I made a journal box in the shape of a dog bone, A matted Quote, and I added a few odds and ends dog embellishments.

Group 2 Cats:

I made a Tag & 2 journal boxes. Also added a little kitty embellishment. ( now these were nothing to shout about they came with the paper I bought so I just split them between the groups :))

Group 3:

I made a "Puppy Love" topper and a Tag with ribbon and brads.

I cant get the pictures off my camera card :( I hope its not broken I have Disneyland in a week

Looks like I have all the ones I'm supposed to have, plus 1 extra of mine. One doesn't have a name on it, but one of the pieces says "The Cat did it"...who did that one? Am I supposed to have that one?

That would be my quote

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter