Pete Hunting: Check post #1

Congratulations to WildeOscar. I really look forward to meeting you on the cruise next year! This is the type of determination that I admire. Every once in a while you just gotta go for it!!

:yay: :woohoo: :yay:

Congratulations to WildeOscar. I really look forward to meeting you on the cruise next year! This is the type of determination that I admire. Every once in a while you just gotta go for it!!

:yay: :woohoo: :yay:

And then they catch you and bring you back to your padded cell! :lmao:

Just kidding WO -- you know we love ya!!!

Sheesh! Never dreamed I could have missed so much excitement in just one weekend! I'm back in my office now, and have just finished reading all 40-something pages! (I really should be working on payroll or something....)
This has been way too entertaining for a rainy Monday morning!:rotfl2:
You people are ALL too funny! I can't wait to meet you all on the cruise!

Congrats to WildOscar - perseverence pays off!!!!:worship:

Wow this was some party to have missed - Congrats WO!!!!
I swear the pace of this thread had my adrenaline running even now.

(I gotta get out more...or on line more.:sad2: )

This has got to be one of the greatest parts of DIS history ever! What a great read!!!!

The posts by Bob were just great to read.......

Geez, this was a year ago? How did that happen?

It was really great. Lightning in a bottle.

That was one of those nights where everything just fell into place.

What this turned into was not what was planned. Pete was going to walk around Universal and whoevere said hello first would win the cruise. That was it.

When this idea hatched....we never thought someone would drive 1000 or more miles. Then it turned out that there would be two people searching for Pete. I believe Cyberbox2 was going to come down too, but had to back out.

John and I had decided not to attend the concert and Bob and Corey and I sort of came up with the idea that I would give updates from here. They would call me and I could do "live reprts".

Again....things alligned to make this more interesting. Universal was so crowded on that night that the Podcast crew couldnt even find each other. Add to that Bob's love of this "lets all synchronize our watches" type of stuff and Rex being the adventurous good sport that he is, and this started getting funny.

We all thought that this would be easy......Bob was driving a light up ECV for goodness sake. Again....the x factor was the huge crowd and Rex getting updates on his iPhone....until the battery died.

As I said earlier....everything fell into place. The basic idea had turned into something much bigger and more entertaining than anyone expected.

This is not ssomething that could be recreated.

I've gone back and re-read the whole thread. It made me laugh and cry.

It was a special night and great memory.

That was one of those nights where everything just fell into place.

What this turned into was not what was planned. Pete was going to walk around Universal and whoevere said hello first would win the cruise. That was it.

When this idea hatched....we never thought someone would drive 1000 or more miles. Then it turned out that there would be two people searching for Pete. I believe Cyberbox2 was going to come down too, but had to back out.

John and I had decided not to attend the concert and Bob and Corey and I sort of came up with the idea that I would give updates from here. They would call me and I could do "live reprts".

Again....things alligned to make this more interesting. Universal was so crowded on that night that the Podcast crew couldnt even find each other. Add to that Bob's love of this "lets all synchronize our watches" type of stuff and Rex being the adventurous good sport that he is, and this started getting funny.

We all thought that this would be easy......Bob was driving a light up ECV for goodness sake. Again....the x factor was the huge crowd and Rex getting updates on his iPhone....until the battery died.

As I said earlier....everything fell into place. The basic idea had turned into something much bigger and more entertaining than anyone expected.

This is not ssomething that could be recreated.

I've gone back and re-read the whole thread. It made me laugh and cry.

It was a special night and great memory.

I am so happy that we have this thread to remember the night.

I felt that I really became a member of this community that night, and it just seemed like an amazing event to be a part of!

The story reminds me of Bob because of how involved he was with the whole evening. Makes me sad. I remember the shock of finding out he passed away. Didn't he try to help Wildoscar book a hotel room? Bob was one good egg.

I am adding this to my siggy!

"lets all synchronize our watches"

I so miss Bawb! < 3

I will him remember always. I still look for him when I am at WDW too. I just can't stop glancing and thinking find Kaht Kam find Bawb!!!

Keep an eye out for Kaht Kam tonight :magnify: :moped:

:cool2: Look I am over here!!!!!!!!:moped:

:cool2: No over here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:moped:

Oh this is going to be fun tonight!!! pixiedust: Poof where did he go?

Be very afraid!! :scared1:

Oops the clock is ticking :hourglass

I am driving to Universal real soon ! :drive:

Lets see what can be stirred up :stir:

Kaht Kam is fully charged now :car:

Here I am :wave: No I am over here :wave: Thats not me I am over here :wave: Yoo hoo looking for me :wave:

Is that Pete over there :sail:

CLASSIC BAWB!!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I have no way of reaching WO....but Bob says he was ready to give up at one point but he talked him into keeping at it.

Bob, Corey and Julie are trying to help.

WO.....find Bob.

Bawb was WO's cheerleader :cheer2::cheer2: how Bawbish! I am loving reading this again... but sad too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter