Pete Werner, we're not as rich as you !

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I am getting at is that Pete may be getting out of touch with his audience.

Perhaps Pete is out of touch with you, but I think that what we've seen on this thread is that many members of his audience do not feel like he's out of touch. And I can only speak for myself, but ... I come from a very different economic background than Pete and I still enjoy the show.

You're absolutely entitled to have an opinion about the podcast. But please remember that there are others who feel differently, and expressing a different opinion is not a personal attack. Criticizing how someone chooses to spend their money could be considered a personal attack.
And by the way ... I don't notice the $200 Burberry shirts ... I wouldn't know a Burberry shirt from a hole in the ground, and I don't think Pete has ever mentioned them. If he chooses to spend $200 on shirt, I don't care ... I'll still enjoy the podcast while wearing my $12.95 H&M shirt. If you truly enjoy the podcast, I hope for your sake that you can find a way to do the same.

Well, I've just recently started watching DIS Unplugged, and I LOVE Pete Werner and the rest of the gang! I certainly don't have his resources either, but I don't feel like he's out of touch with people like me. In fact, when the DIS Unplugged gang says something isn't really a good value, I KNOW it won't be a good value for me. They may have the resources and ability to go and stay in these great places and eat at these fabulous restaurants and attend these fabulous events, but they always "keep it real" in my opinion. I get a very down-to-earth, practical vibe from the whole crew, Pete included.

I'm glad this thread has given everyone a chance to express their admiration and love for Pete and DIS Unplugged. Maybe that was the OP's true mission ;)

No...thats not all you did.

You specifically called him out on the things he owns. You even mentioned his shirts.

You got personal and using your word...mean.

As for Pete being hurt....I don't know whether he is or not. I doubted you would be hurt by what I posted. Again...in your own words..."words hurt".

Having a different opinion than yours does not equal personal attacks.

You keep mentioning that you love Pete. This is a strange way of showing that.

Again...if you are disappointed or hurt by what we are doing...turn us off.

My apologies Folks to Pete folks, the burberry shirt he is wearing is actually $325. He does look great in it :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 9.42.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 9.42.23 AM.png
    569.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 9.45.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 9.45.28 AM.png
    654.5 KB · Views: 82

I'm surprised that you know my finances.

I've never been to Old Orchard Beach.

You must have more money then me.
Kevin I didnt mean anything negative by saying that... If you look at my other posts you will see that Im with everyone else here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter