• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

!!! Petition For Pop Century: Legendary Years !!!

I have never been to Pop but I say finish the project. I think more family suites are much needed and long over due. As far as the bus is concerned at the end of the night at each park the All Stars each have their own bus. I would think this would also be the case for Pop Century.

I really don't care either way if they tear down or build up but something should be done. Just pick one Disney and do it!!!

I would love to see it completed, Pop is our new favorite resort, and family suites would be perfect for us!

Yes, Disney, please finish this resort! Family Suites would be wonderful, but seriously, anything would be better than this.

Please do something! I don't care if it finished or torn down, but it is an eyesore. I would love to stay there if they finished it, but something must be done. We have stayed at POP a couple of times, and when that is you view...yuck!

My question is. If cm`s said they were not to be finished do to money issues. Then why would they be adding a tower to CR. Not to mention renovating the tree houses near POR. So i cannot see it having to do with that.

I doubt that the cm's really know. I would bet that one hold up is the experiment with the family suites at ASM; if it goes well then they configure a portion of the rooms that way.
Also they may be waiting to see how the economy will affect attendance. With gas prices so high, a lot of the people who stay in the values may stay home or a lot of the people who normally stay in the moderate or deluxe category may move down.
Finally it is a large complex and they are probably waiting until demand is great enough to fill the rooms for a good part of the year and not just handle a little overflow.
I think that when they started it they thought that demand was much greater and I am sure that it will be but it might take more time than expected.
Regina

when we stayed there in Feb. 2006 it looked terrible everytime we returned to the hotel from the parks and saw this section unfinished, overgrown and abandoned. It probably looks even worse now. Family suites would be nice but either finish it or tear it down.

I'm so glad I read this thread. I had no idea. I was thinking of staying at Pop this Christmas.

PrincessSuzanne, joining the petition to finish the Pop Century Legendary Years, with all Family Suites, please.

Suzanne

I was told that there is some type of litigation involved. Something about the builder not doing what they were supposed to do. Until that is settled, Disney probably won't be able to do anything with the property.

OP century Generation Gap Bridge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We got back from SSR Fri the 8th of FEB.
One day while there we went over to POP Century to look around.
We walked around the outside of the resort by the lake and back behind the 50's and 60's building ( I think) is this bridge (GENERATION GAP BRIDGE) It leads over to the Classic Hall the
20's 30's 40's that never opened. And over to the right of this building are a group of buildings that they stopped working on when 9/11 happened.

Now let me first say that I found out all this from a CM (she) I stopped while DW and I were sitting on a bench behind the 50's at POP. This CM said she worked for Disney a long time and when POP opened she was moved there for the opening and had a part in the opening.
She said that these buildings they stopped working on when 9/11 happened are called the LEGENDARY RESORT and they just had a meeting that day about opening these buildings up. The check-in area for these buildings will be in the Classic Hall building across the bridge. Another thing she (CM) said was that Disney was thinking of making some or all of these buildings FAMILY SUITES like they did at the Value resorts. COOL HUH?

Look we are DVC owners at BWV but seeing POP for the first time in person brought back a lot of memories from past years. We are in the low 60's age group. I do have some pics and will try to get them put up. Gotta go for now.

Hope I got my info strait

Dave and Kathy Duncan
We would love to see the magic come to life on the otherside of Hourglass Lake. It is kinda depressing in it's current state. We discuss how disappointed Walt would be if he were alive to see this area of WDW.

I'm in! Finish The Legendary Years! Family Suites sound Sweet! I think we could use another Value with Suites ! Even if they Have 1 king and 2 twins but I would rather have 4 beds 2 twins in each room! or maybe just one big pull out couch in the one room and 2 twins in the other!?Open for options.

Finish the Legendary Years Disney!!! I think it would be great to experience that part of the century through Disney's eyes. I would stay there in a heartbeat. Hope it one day gets completed, seems like a beautiful structure going to waste. :sad2: :sad2:

DSC02802.jpg

It looks like a Loch Ness Monster in one of your pics!!:lmao:

Those buildings look soooooo depressing! Such a stark contrast to the rest of the resort area. Disney really needs to finish them.

I would definitely vote in favor of finishing the legendary years.If it isn't going to be finished it should be torn down.It is just too sad looking.:sad1:

Welcome to the Legendary Years, "The Creepiest Place on Earth!"
Please Disney, finish what you started. Walt would have never let this happen.

tink

either finish building the resort, or start renting it out as a room category, maybe along the lines of "New Disney Resort Adventure!" "Experience Sleeping in Post-Apocalyptic Conditions!" "Provide Your Own Heat/Hot Water!" (no discounts apply - rack rates only - we need the money...):rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter