• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

!!! Petition For Pop Century: Legendary Years !!!

I'm Patti from New York and the sad looking embarassment that is the Legendary Years is the reason I won't stay at POP anymore. Either finish it or tear it down!!!!

I'm Lisa from Maryland and although I've never stayed at Pop Century....I say to Disney......Finish the Legendary Years resort....Walt would never let it go to ruin like it is.

Please finish the resort, Walt would turn over in his grave he knew this was happening. Why would they spend all that money building Magic Kingdom on top of a underground level if keeping the "magic" wasn't important.

By the lookd of the pictures (we've never stayed there - or went to Disney for that matter) thoes buldings look haunted...:rotfl:

This is the best picture I could get from the end of the Generation Gap Bridge two months ago. It is very sad but there's something so interesting about it. I think it's one of the strangest things in all of WDW.
108055101_0655.JPG

Yes, PLEASE tear it down, build a whole another resort, or DVC, or Family Suites, but DO SOMETHING WITH THEM!!!!!:mad: Also, while your at it, DO SOMETHING WITH RIVER COUNTRY!!!!:mad: Faith Humeston, Miami Fl. 35 times and more visitor to WDW!!!!:thumbsup2

Ooooh creepy video!! I wonder how that person got over there! I would NOT want to walk into that building. I just can't get over the fact that Disney has done this and let it go so far. I mean, it's one thing to scrap an idea but halfway through building it? And then leaving it there abandoned for years?? :confused3

How nice...the Disney Ghetto....

It is sad. We are considering PC for next year...this isn't a possibilty of views, is it? Hope not.

We stayed at POP in November and we stayed in the 60's building with a room on the back side and yes you could the unfinished part on the other side of the lake. Such a shame just to leave it like that! :sad2:

My question is. If cm`s said they were not to be finished do to money issues. Then why would they be adding a tower to CR. Not to mention renovating the tree houses near POR. So i cannot see it having to do with that.

they are probably DVC. (towers and tree house villas)

The Future of Legendary Years has been an on-going discussion here on the boards for some time..

The rumblings that my sources are passing along have been a pretty steady message now for a few months..

Construction to resume in late 2008/early 2009 pending resubmitting of all the necessary permits etc. And yeah, at least some of the overall room capacity would be dedicated to "Family Suites" similar to what's been done at All Star Music. Apparently the internal Disney thinking is that by the time the project is done -- the economy should be starting to recover.. and further doing the construction during a down-turn in the overall economy apparently has some benefits from a cost-basis as well.

Still uncertain if the existing two buildings (each with three wings) would be kept or razed and start over...

Rumor mill says they can probably be salvaged.

Of course this is not coming from 'official sources' and therefore is worth the paper it's printed on.. :)

Knox

PS> A competing rumor that's getting less "buzz" says that the buildings on the Legendary Years side will be torn down and a more landscaping down near the edge of the lake to hide the grounds beyond the shore of the lake. This rumor continues that because of the cancellation of the 'other half' of Pop Century.. the resort will be renamed "Pop Culture" ...

I thought I heard somewhere that they were going to make the Legendary Years all into family suites like the ones at AS Music? It would be kind of cool to have a sort of "Carousel of Progress" theme to it. Actually ANY type of "progress" would be great! ;)

I am staying at POP for the first time this September, so I have never seen it, but I would say finish it or tear it down. One or the other.

It's so sad to see these building just sitting. They would make great family suites like at the Music. The original plans for these were great just change the room configurations. I would LOVE to see them finished.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter