PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

Mmmm...strawberry & it has white cake :thumbsup2 I might just have to find this one when I go in December, plus it is at my absolute favorite resort, BW.

Tammie, did we do THIS cupcake from Contempo Cafe??? I know there were a lot there but I'm not sure if this was one of them. I WANT IT NOW!!!! YUM!!!!!!!

7981155445_907f8be71f_b.jpg

Cupcake Friday
(As if just being Friday is not sweet enough)

Oreo Bonbon Cupcake
Boardwalk Bakery

Today will be our last cupcake at the Boardwalk Bakery, but let mention a couple other cupcakes listed at the Boardwalk before taking a bite out of the one that tops my list. Makes me a little sad to leave the Boardwalk area...but we only have one more cupcake stop before our review...AND in 3 FRIDAYS :banana::banana::banana: I will have a cupcake in hand AT WDW!

These cupcakes have been mentioned on various blogs, but I can’t confirm until I drool all over the bakery case that they are actually there. So you just get pictures of the Cappuccino Cupcake and the S’mores Cupcake for now…

Neither of this cupcakes if in the case are going to be on my list…not a coffee fan and I already have my heart set on the S’mores Cupcake at Wilderness Lodge.

Now back to the star this Cupcake Friday…

The Oreo Bonbon Cupcake to me just screams Disney. You have a mound of the lightest vanilla icing that you can possibly imagine with 2 Oreos placed on each side of the cupcake for Mickey’s ears. Then the base of the frosting is coated with real chocolate shavings. But what it’s what is under this mound of vanilla heaven that has me begging for more…

The cupcake is a moist chocolate cupcake. But hidden inside of the cake’s center is a light Oreo cream filling, much like a mousse of cookies and cream…if you were in the Magic Kingdom this would be called the Grey Stuff!

My Thoughts?
The Oreo Bonbon is top of my list for the Boardwalk bakery! A total must have for me! And you know me not many cupcakes have reached that MUST status.

Your Thoughts?

Yum on that Boardwalk Cupcake. If I'm still able to, I'll shove that puppy down before Jellyrolls!

I'm feeling kinda full. :crazy2: I don't know if it's b/c I KNOW at this point I will have had so many already, but I'm kinda MEH...and I LOVE oreos?!? I think I have just reached my cupcake-brain-limit. I can't fathom another cupcake until I ACTUALLY get to eat one! Then I'll probably go hogwild. ;)

Motivation Monday
15 DAYS UNTIL WE LEAVE!!!!!
I am not sure about you, but training for a half during January really stinks! The weather (and my schedule) is not cooperating! Once again I am finding myself headed into a race with ZERO training runs and only a few lunchtime power walks! Ugh! I am excited though this week for my LAST LONG RUN before PHM. Debra, Cammy and I are meeting in Dallas and running the Hot Chocolate 15K together. It will be so nice to finally meet up with Debra…our last 2 scheduled races life has gotten in the way of the runs and she has had to cancel (along with PHM this year).
I need to do a quick race recap, because I am sure there are lurkers out there who want to know how my FIRST HALF went. Well, let’s just say that I completed all my goals for this race…
1. Complete the half so my body knows what 13.1 miles actually feels like in addition to getting a long run in without dreading it.
2. Finish under a 16 minute mile pace, trying out a few different intervals along the way in preparation for PHM.
As for the Biggest Loser Half Las Cruces itself, I have to say it was a very well-run event along with a nice course/location and I would love to do it again! The only downsides were there was not a lot of course entertainment (okay zero entertainment, but enjoyed all the support at the water stops…which were plentiful) and it was a long drive. Cammy and I made the 6 hour drive Saturday morning just in time to hit the expo where we picked up our bibs/race packets and did a little shopping along with getting taped by Rock Tape (those pesky shins of min). I managed to come out of the expo with only a little purchase…a couple of Bondi Headbands. Afterwards, we found cupcakes to celebrate with and had a late lunch. Probably not the best idea for a prerace meal, but it was certainly yummy and while in New Mexico you have to have green Chile (yes I spelled that right…not CHILI)!

]
Race Day itself was a VERY COLD START…so much so that I got up early and went to Walmart to find a long sleeved tech shirt, which I would later regret wearing! Prerace festivities were so, so…just a little music and inspirational words by past Biggest Loser Contestants! We started inside a stadium on a track, so the first quarter a mile you were running on the track and then out into a neighborhood before reaching an all-purpose trail along the Rio Grande River (which is a dry river bed this time of year). From past race reports I was expecting lots of hills, but this was a flat course so BL must have heard all the complaints and changed the course location! I found it to be a really nice course…and in true New Mexico fashion hot air balloons filled the sky during the beginning of the race! As for me, I hit the wall about 6 miles into the run…and found myself texting with my DH and Amy H. to get me through each mile. Hmmm, might have been the wrong prerace fueling choices or lack of running for 3 weeks…but I was dying by mile 6…but I continued to push through with my intervals and was making really good time UNTIL at mile 10 I had to go up a steep incline to another part of the trail that had large gravel and turned my ankle, which was compounded by the fact that I neglected to put on my ankle sleeves for extra support…the last 5K I spend walking and hobbling towards the finish line. By the time I made it back to the stadium I thought that I was seriously going to die between my leg and my entire body I had nothing left in me but somehow managed to run the last 100 yards to the finish line and force myself to finish under the time I had set as my goal.
[URL=http://s127.photobucket.com/user/momabaarjo/media/In%20Pursuit%20GSC/A56EF149-4B38-4892-9FF9-04004490D302_zpstbozqjwj.jpg.html][/URL​

]
After walking through the finish line party area, Cammy and I headed into the locker room to change for our drive back home (another 6 hours, ugh). I sat in the stall for a good ½ hour thinking I was going to die! We celebrated our half with a trip to 5 Guys and of course cupcakes. We took everyone’s advice not to sit too long in the car…making lots of fun little stops along the way to get out and stretch our legs.
[URL=http://s127.photobucket.com/user/momabaarjo/media/In%20Pursuit%20GSC/3BAC79AF-EB30-4D96-90A9-B1A0FF53D5A9_zps6xpahy4u.jpg.html][/URL​

]
I made lots of mistakes with this half, and I am so thankful that I did it in order to better prepare myself for the PHM…a real learning experience.
1. Overheated with long sleeved shirt…I don’t care how cold it is in the morning I WILL NOT WEAR LONG SLEEVES FOR A RACE! I was too stubborn to stop and wiggle out of it and then make a new shirt a throwaway item.
2. Poor prerace fueling the day before, lesson learned!
3. Not taking the distance seriously…I had done 10 miles on a training run and I thought I was ready for 13 miles…WRONG! Big difference between a training run and the pressure of a race!
4. Not wearing ankle sleeves or getting my ankles taped! That could have been a mistake that cost me PHM. Thankfully not…
5. Wrong during race fueling choice…I almost choked to death on top of being probably what made me sick on the course.
6. Too much morning of fueling before the race…I usually run on nothing in my stomach but I allowed myself to stress eat!
7. Not stopping for water breaks the first 6 miles enough…
Looking towards the next week of training... I hope to get in a few powerwalks during lunch…looks like the weather is going to hold out for this week; sadly I won’t be able to get any short runs in thanks to my schedule. Then my last long run on will be on Saturday with a 15K.
Okay Cupcakes… what are you doing this week to prepare for PHM, time is slipping away?
[/url][/url]

My daughter had the Oreo cupcake when we were there in 2012. She loved it. I had to gaze at the picture of BW Bakery you posted. We spent 10 nights in the deluxe club level room just above the word "Bakery" with the large balcony. Ahhhh...heaven! :cloud9:

Excited about our 15K this weekend! Cant wait to FINALLY meet you!

DISCLAIMER: Usually I like to plan each day to the minute and share my plans. This trip is a little different….we have park hoppers and plan to use them. The only thing certain is TS meals and while we have a few fast passes scheduled we are not worrying about them and if we make them, then we make them. So here are the “plans” that I know are for certain.

Tuesday, February 17

Cammy and I will slip out of school a little early to make our midafternoon flight; thankfully we have a great principal that allows us to do that. The airport is not far from school, just a short 10 minute drive down the interstate and since we are a regional airport not a lot of issues with security or check in to deal with. Pretty fast process! We will have a brief “coronation” ceremony at the gate topped off by a cupcake toast before our short flight to Dallas.

]

Once we arrive in Dallas there will be about a 2 hour layover. We will need to find something to eat and maybe a drink since SW thinks I need a movie pass more than a few free drink coupons! Then it will be off to Orlando, and you bet we are going to be giddy girls wanting to know if we are there yet…guess we will use that free movie coupon from SW to keep us contained.

[URL=http://s127.photobucket.com/user/momabaarjo/media/In%20Pursuit%20GSC/2C43A7FE-83FE-47B0-BF36-804AA5C183AC_zpscbsolksu.jpg.html][/URL​

]

We arrive at MCO after 10 pm where we will gather our luggage and make our way to ME which will take us to our overnight home…

[URL=http://s127.photobucket.com/user/momabaarjo/media/In%20Pursuit%20GSC/FF308AE9-F501-4E44-B473-0342BE449BA0_zpsmtbwagod.jpg.html][/URL​

]

Art of Animation. We will probably we tired, but I just love POP at night so I suspect I might take a little night trip around AoA checking things out

[URL=http://s127.photobucket.com/user/momabaarjo/media/In%20Pursuit%20GSC/46D75698-9E5D-4E6B-9F57-66035ABC9A47_zps4zwytbc5.jpg.html][/URL​

]

before the sounds of the sea take over and I fall to sleep!

[URL=http://s127.photobucket.com/user/momabaarjo/media/In%20Pursuit%20GSC/0D899CB9-BA2D-4A9F-88FC-B66670AC4096_zpsojevdzgd.jpg.html][/URL​

]
[/url][/url][/url][/url]

Yum on that Boardwalk Cupcake. If I'm still able to, I'll shove that puppy down before Jellyrolls!

Way to be Nicole, take one for the team. It seems your tweedle is starting to slow down on us!

I'm feeling kinda full. :crazy2: I don't know if it's b/c I KNOW at this point I will have had so many already, but I'm kinda MEH...and I LOVE oreos?!? I think I have just reached my cupcake-brain-limit. I can't fathom another cupcake until I ACTUALLY get to eat one! Then I'll probably go hogwild. ;)

Karen...don't quit on us now!

My daughter had the Oreo cupcake when we were there in 2012. She loved it. I had to gaze at the picture of BW Bakery you posted. We spent 10 nights in the deluxe club level room just above the word "Bakery" with the large balcony. Ahhhh...heaven! :cloud9:

I think we need to stay at BW at least part of our W&D Trip! I have dreams of the BC, but really anywhere on the BW is fine with me!

Excited about our 15K this weekend! Cant wait to FINALLY meet you!

I am beyond excited to finally meet up with you this weekend!!!!:jumping1:

We are arriving on Tuesday also but in the evening. Then we are off to my Dad's in Wintergarden until Friday. I'll leave some cupcake good wishes on the fake monorail!

DISCLAIMER: Usually I like to plan each day to the minute and share my plans. This trip is a little different….we have park hoppers and plan to use them. The only thing certain is TS meals and while we have a few fast passes scheduled we are not worrying about them and if we make them, then we make them. So here are the “plans” that I know are for certain.

Wednesday, February 18

Cammy and I don’t have any hard plans until the evening, so the morning is meant to be taken easy. I suspect that I will be up first and will need to pass a little time, so being jealous of Carol and her runs at Disney I think I will take a little run around Hour Glass Lake!

running trail.jpg

Then it will be back to the room to get ready, pack…then taking our bags to check out and be sent via bell service to AKL! We will spend some time resort touring at both POP and AoA; along with breakfast at one of the resorts…I am still eyeing a certain cupcake for breakfast!

King-Cupcake-From-Front.jpg

Seems fitting my first meal at WDW be a cupcake, although a Mickey waffle is also certainly enticing! After our exploration of the resorts, it’s off for exploration at AK!

animal-kingdom-entrance.jpg

chai.jpg jal pretzel.jpg

Hopefully this trip nothing will be happening at AK that will affect how long it will take us to get there. Last trip it took over 2 hours, because something strange was happening at the park…We did not get to spend much time at all at AK so this trip we are going to take our time and enjoy the park. We have past passes scheduled for EE, KS, and Dinosaur. I also plan on getting a frozen chai tea latte, a cupcake and jalapeno pretzel for lunch! LOL, all the treats I have never gotten at AK that I have so wanted to try!

akl.jpg

After we are finished at AK we will make the trip to AKL where we will check in, unpack, explore the resort and relax. The only things on the agenda for this evening are a trip to MK for dinner at BOG and Wishes.

bog.jpg

MK does not close until midnight and with nothing pressing in the morning we will look for that last kiss of the night!
wishes.jpg

We are arriving on Tuesday also but in the evening. Then we are off to my Dad's in Wintergarden until Friday. I'll leave some cupcake good wishes on the fake monorail!

Cupcake wishes always welcome! I certainly hope that we are able to meet up at some point!

Dis_Yoda's Plans

Saturday, Feb 14th
5:00AM - Picked Up by Husband's Coworker & Drive Up
8:00AM - Hollywood Studios to hit major attractions
11:00AM - Check Into Swan (we know the room won't be ready though)
12:00PM - Head to EPCOT
8:00PM - Dinner @ Tutta Italia

Sunday, Feb 15th
8:00AM - Magic Kingdom
12:00PM - Head to Animal Kingdom
6:00PM - Drive Home to Naples

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Work for 4 Full Days Monday to Thursday
Work on Dining Report for Trip

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, Feb 19th
4:00PM - Leave Work
7:00PM - Arrive at Pop Century & Check In
8:00PM - Dinner at some table service we pick out on the MyDisneyApp after we get in our room

Friday, Feb 20th
Sleep In
9:00AM - Expo Opens - Bib Pick Up/Shopping
11:00AM - Downtown Disney for Bowling/Movies/Shopping
5:15PM - Ohana for Protein + Carb Load

Saturday, Feb 21st
3:00AM - Wake Up!
3:30AM - Head to Buses
5:30AM - Princess 10k!
8:00AM - Be Finished with 10K (allowing for our delayed starts as I'm in L & she is in O)
9:00AM - Back to Pop Century to clean up
What we are doing the rest of the day is up in the air. It depends on the ticket situation for my coworker but we'll be doing something to keep moving. We will play some mini golf if we don't do the parks.
5:00PM - Dinner to Carb It Up

Sunday, Feb 22nd
5:30AM - Princess Half
10:00AM - Be Finished with the Half (allowing for our delayed starts as I'm in L & she is in O)
Here is when it gets iffy, if we are able to get back into our room by 11AM, we'll shower at Pop, if not we'll take a wet cloth shower and change clothes
We will have lunch at Pop Century Food Court prior to driving home
12:00PM - Drive Home :(

Ok, I want in on the Oreo cupcake! That sounds delish! I'd be interested in the cappuccino one as well as I like coffee flavored things, Although I don't drink coffee! And I think on our family trip I might need one of the chai tea lattes? How have I not had one????

Thursday, February 19

Animal-Kingdom-Lodge-Savanna-19.jpg

The plan is to sleep in a little this morning or I might take advantage of the morning and get a little walk in and enjoy the resort at quiet times or just enjoy the view from the balcony!

dhs.jpg

Cammy will probably we up anyway, since she is like the energizer bunny, so I am really thinking we will slip over to DHS for rope drop before heading to the expo…one cannot ride ToT or RnRC enough times !

expo.jpg

Once we arrive at the Expo we will meet up with Betsy, Carol, and Lisa…and any other cupcakes that have made it in by that time! After we pick up our packets the must stops for us include: Race Merchandise, any Photo Opt we can find, Jeff Galloway session, and SparkleSkirts…I will wait until Saturday to visit the KT booth for tape up time!

cucpake.JPG

jeff.jpg

After a successful trip to Expo, we are hoping the cupcake food truck will be located on the grounds somewhere. Betsy has been killing us with pictures from all her recent RunDisney trips! There are no plans until evening…so maybe a quick trip to MK for the Festival of Fantasy Parade or maybe just resort time by the pool.

0309ZW_0504DR.jpg

pool.jpg

Later that evening, we will get dressed up for a special girl’s dinner and wait for my stepsista (Amy H) to arrive.

images.jpg

We have those park hoppers, so we will go where the mood strikes us! No fast passes scheduled so we are not tied to any park! We have talked a little about maybe hitting Illuminations or F!...maybe even wishes again….love those Disney fireworks! MK is open late tonight, so I figure we will wait for Amy’s plane to arrive there rather than in the room going crazy with excitement! Who needs to sleep anyway before a 5K?

Dis_Yoda's Plans

Saturday, Feb 14th
5:00AM - Picked Up by Husband's Coworker & Drive Up
8:00AM - Hollywood Studios to hit major attractions
11:00AM - Check Into Swan (we know the room won't be ready though)
12:00PM - Head to EPCOT
8:00PM - Dinner @ Tutta Italia

Sunday, Feb 15th
8:00AM - Magic Kingdom
12:00PM - Head to Animal Kingdom
6:00PM - Drive Home to Naples

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Work for 4 Full Days Monday to Thursday
Work on Dining Report for Trip

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, Feb 19th
4:00PM - Leave Work
7:00PM - Arrive at Pop Century & Check In
8:00PM - Dinner at some table service we pick out on the MyDisneyApp after we get in our room

Friday, Feb 20th
Sleep In
9:00AM - Expo Opens - Bib Pick Up/Shopping
11:00AM - Downtown Disney for Bowling/Movies/Shopping
5:15PM - Ohana for Protein + Carb Load

Saturday, Feb 21st
5:30AM - Princess 10k!
8:00AM - Be Finished with 10K (allowing for our delayed starts as I'm in L & she is in O)
9:00AM - Back to Pop Century to clean up
What we are doing the rest of the day is up in the air. It depends on the ticket situation for my coworker but we'll be doing something to keep moving. We will play some mini golf if we don't do the parks.
5:00PM - Dinner to Carb It Up

Sunday, Feb 22nd
5:30AM - Princess Half
10:00AM - Be Finished with the Half (allowing for our delayed starts as I'm in L & she is in O)
Here is when it gets iffy, if we are able to get back into our room by 11AM, we'll shower at Pop, if not we'll take a wet cloth shower and change clothes
We will have lunch at Pop Century Food Court prior to driving home
12:00PM - Drive Home :(

Melissa-
I did not realize you were taking a quick trip next weekend...oh how fun!

On Friday we have reservations at Ohana...about the same time as you do! YAY! We will certainly get to meet up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter