Pirates Question

18sprint

Mouseketeer
We've been watching many vlogs over the last couple months and have noticed that the mermaid skeleton has been removed from the beach scene. Does anyone know why it was removed? I suppose it offended someone?

WHAAAT???? First the Redd fiasco and now the mermaid's gone? If we're getting rid of everything that offends everyone, there won't be much of a ride left. Can we get rid of that pirate with the unusually hairy feet. He upsets me.

Yep. It was removed for whatever reason. Kind of lame because I thought that was a really cool feature. If that upset anyone they should just stay home.

Here's what it looks like now.

B6929EAA-68B6-48B3-9C92-5486C3506BC2.jpeg

I don't know that it upset anyone, but we also noticed the change...along with a few others.

This ride has changed quite a bit over the years. For us, they aren't a big deal, except I slightly miss hearing more of the song.

I also wasn't a huge fan of adding Jack Sparrow. Nothing against Jack Sparrow, I just didn't like the constant stream of photo flashes going off.

Funny though, the problem seems to have died off a bit. People have finally gotten bored with the idea of constantly taking (flash) photos of everything. YEAH!

Nothing against Jack Sparrow, I just didn't like the constant stream of photo flashes going off.

Funny though, the problem seems to have died off a bit. People have finally gotten bored with the idea of constantly taking (flash) photos of everything. YEAH!
Eh, I think everyone just got tired of Jack Sparrow. There is still PLENTY of flash photography on rides like HM, LM, etc.>:(

It didn't really add much of anything, the movie with the mermaids was not terribly memorable. I'm happy enough they went back to how it was before.

Wasn't the mermaid skeleton a relatively recent addition? I think it was added back when the On Stranger Tides movie came out, since that movie featured mermaids. Perhaps they just figured that while they were making changes, might as well remove something that was added as part of a tie in to a 6 year old movie?

They have to be constantly changing the rides or they are going to get complaints that they are old and tired. It's a catch 22 for them. I'm not a big fan of the addition of Jack Sparrow either, after all the movie was made from the ride, not vice versa. But, I still love the ride, it will be interesting to see how I feel about the new change with the red head but I'm sure we will still ride it many times.

I miss the mermaids/sirens swimming in the water near your boat while the song was playing.

It's the little touches and exceptional detail that make Disney rides some of the best

That I miss more than the mermaid skeleton. They only had it working for a short time, though. I hadn't seen it working in ages.

Eh, I think everyone just got tired of Jack Sparrow. There is still PLENTY of flash photography on rides like HM, LM, etc.>:(
Maybe we just got lucky, but we didn't see nearly as much of it on our most recent trip.

Prior to this trip, I'd seen (usually many) flashes EVERY time we went on the LM ride, especially the Ursula scene, where flashes blind everyone.

While there were still quite a few folks holding phones up during HEA, the total was down about half from prior visits.

These are still very vain times, to be certain, but I-phones aren't the status symbols they once were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter