Planning for a large group (Choir trip) 2019

eleda72

Mouseketeer
Hello!
I am a conductor for a children/youth choir who was so lucky to get accepted to sing at WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT on July 1. 2019
We are also going to attend a workshop "Disney Sings" at WDW on June 30`th

So... I am in charge of the planning "HELP" :)

All the kids will go with their families and I am traveling with DD 22 who also works for the choir.
Everyone are in charge of ordering flights, transportations and accommodations for their own family.
(We travel from Norway)

I have been to Disney many times so I have promised to help out as best as I can.
DD and I will most likely stay at Disney when we are there with the choir and we know some of the other families would probably do the same thing.

Some of the kids in the choir has been to WDW many times and some has been there one time.
Most of the kids have never been to WDW so it will be their first visit.
The conductors (DD and I) have been around 12 or 13 times...

The kids age are between 8-17 years old (boys and girls) and it is a really GREAT group of kids and their parents.

Since we are going to sing at WDW and be a part of a work shop we get some discounts on tickets both for the kids and their families.

So, I am thinking would it be a good idea if our group met up June 27 or 28 so we have a couple of days together before our workshop?

I am thinking maybe June 27 would be best?
And we would need to stay "together" until at-least July 2?

(DD and I will stay a bit longer than that)

TICKETS;
So, we have to buy the same tickets for everyone in our group and I am really struggling on how many days we should have tickets for?

Do we need the PARK HOPPERS or the EXTRAS LIKE WATER PARKS ETC? (My family always have hoppers)

HOW MANY DAYS do you SUGGEST we have?
I am thinking maybe 4 days is ok?
Or should I make it 5 days. it would be around $70 more for 5 days pr person.

The differens between hoppers or not would be around $50

For nok park hoppers it would be

I am really struggling with these and hope you can help me?

To add the "extras" it would be around $25 or so...

If we have 4 or 5 days we would have to use one day for the workshop day and one for performance day.

My head is spinning so I really need your help!

Thank you, best from Adèle Marie

How wonderful! Choir was always my favourite in school. These kids will remember this for the rest of their lives!

Be aware that you are butting up against July 4, which is, as I'm sure you know, a big deal in the U.S. Not sure how much more impact on WDW, but at least there may be pricing issues at hotels or for flights, so keep that in the back of your mind when planning.

If I were doing this (and this is just my opinion), I would do a few days before the workshop, then do the workshop and one or two days of the World afterwards. The reason is purely psychological. They will have fun, then have to work hard in the workshop and get a reward of at least one more day after the workshop.

If most people are staying on site, parkhoppers would be nice so you can take breaks and have dinners in different parks, but they aren't necessary. We tour one park a day and that's exhausting enough (RD to dinnertime), but we stay offsite, so our food options are bigger than just DisneyWorld. With a large group, parkhoppers would also allow people to spend a morning with some friends, maybe some pooltime with others and back to another park with, say the group for a fireworks viewing or dessert party. Maybe poll the families on whether they'd want to spend the extra money. Certainly, they are the most flexible, but that comes with a cost.

Good luck to you all.

How wonderful! Choir was always my favourite in school. These kids will remember this for the rest of their lives!

Be aware that you are butting up against July 4, which is, as I'm sure you know, a big deal in the U.S. Not sure how much more impact on WDW, but at least there may be pricing issues at hotels or for flights, so keep that in the back of your mind when planning.

If I were doing this (and this is just my opinion), I would do a few days before the workshop, then do the workshop and one or two days of the World afterwards. The reason is purely psychological. They will have fun, then have to work hard in the workshop and get a reward of at least one more day after the workshop.

If most people are staying on site, parkhoppers would be nice so you can take breaks and have dinners in different parks, but they aren't necessary. We tour one park a day and that's exhausting enough (RD to dinnertime), but we stay offsite, so our food options are bigger than just DisneyWorld. With a large group, parkhoppers would also allow people to spend a morning with some friends, maybe some pooltime with others and back to another park with, say the group for a fireworks viewing or dessert party. Maybe poll the families on whether they'd want to spend the extra money. Certainly, they are the most flexible, but that comes with a cost.

Good luck to you all.

Thank you so much for replying to my post!
Yes, I am aware of the July 4 celebration and DD and I are planning on staying and be a part of that celebration.
Last summer we flew home on July 3..
I don’t know what we were thinking.

So next year we would like to see and celebrate with you.

Very good idea with a couple of park days first and some after our workshop, rehearsals and performance.

I think the kids are super excited (me too)
They have been working so hard with the application video and works hard to have a great performance at Disney.

I have been once before with a youth choir group 9 years ago so I know how special it was. I have been dreaming to take this choir for several years and now it will actually happen.

They work a lot with Disney songs and last year we had Beaty and The Beast JR
This year we are working on The Little Mermaid JR.
So we might just have to eat at BOG and the Bon Voyage Breakfast.

Any other suggestions for character meals?

Thank you.

WOW, lucky ducks!
I agree about the pre and post park tickets.
I would get 5 day tickets. That 5th ticket is so much cheaper and so worth it. I would also definitely get the water parks. It's July, they're kids, and it's hot!
I would ask the families about park hoppers. Personally I think for so many first time visitors that one park each day would be enough, just my opinion.
As to eateries, I would do something classic with Mickey. Tusker House in AK, Minnie's Seasonal Dine in HS, or Chef Mickey's at CR. Definitely something with Mickey on board. The kids will love goofing around with the big cheese. (Not to mention Goofy!)
I envy you and those kids, what a great adventure!
Personally I would want to stay for the big fireworks extravaganza... It's really a once in a lifetime opportunity, even though they are not Americans, the displays are incredible. Maybe for that one night buy into a dessert party (talk to the people in charge of groups, you might be able to have a different spot, or maybe arrange something at the Poly so they could watch the fireworks from Poly Beach). I'm sure Disney would find some way to accommodate your group. Just a thought.
Have fun! I don't think there are any wrong answers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter