Playstation xbox and Wii Friendly chat thread

Yay! No more borrowing my brothers PSP! I got my own as a late birthday present. Along with Marvel Nemesis:Rise of the Imperfects, Metal Gear Solid:Portable Ops, and a Bluetooth headset for it.

Yes. MGS is fun. Just wait until you get to Null.

Oh, and just a warning: Stamina Kill every boss except Cunningham and Gene. You'll get it later.

Anyways, I liked Ratchet and Clank, Tekken Whatever-It's-Called, Locoroco, and Guilty Gear.

Hate to see this thread die so BUMP!
9dff865c-1.png

I like the Wii the better than the PS3. I don't have an XBox. I like how you use the remote and just point at the screen, and the games are more family-oriented. The PS3 has amazing graphics though. :)

For the Wii or the PS3? The Wii had Zelda and the PS3 has resistance fall of man.
Zelda doesn't really count, it was a GameCube game. Wii can be an AWESOME system, but devs are being lazy and making horrible games. There are some good ones, like Super Paper Mario or WarioWare, but those are first party. It didn't take long for me to get bored with the Wii and now I want a 360 like crazy. Once Brawl, Metroid, and Galaxy get here, hopefully third part developers will have caught up. For the time being, THANK GOODNESS FOR THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE.

hey metroid june or july
brawl and mario 4th quater
november gutiter hero 3

Guitar Hero 3 doesn't count, since it's coming out for everything. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out for the Commodore 64.

I recently rented Ultimate Spider Man. /drool. The game is so much fun.

Also, Shadow of the Colossus. It was more innovative and more fun than anything for the Wii that's out right now. You don't know accomplishment until you scaled a giant behemoth that is trying to destroy you and brought it down with nothing but a weak bow and a sword.

While I have not played SoC, I heard many websites such as 1UP.com call it lazy when compared to Zelda TP. I believe that went so far as to equate it as a Zelda knock-off. They said SoC was a great game, but Zelda was that much better.

I too have been a little bored of my Wii, but I recently found Super Paper Mario and it is quite intrigueing. Didn't have much time to play it, but from what I played, I can tell it will be worth the money. And, I enjoyed playing Red Steel at my friend's house. It isn't a bad game.

Metroid comes out in mid-August. Brawl and Mario are confirmed for this year. RE4 WiiMake is coming out in the summer, and the new RE should be coming out. Batallion Wars will be coming out as well. Btw, Guitar Hero III will have internet capabilities, even on the Wii. And I am not sure when it comes out, but Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles just looks cool. Go look for the trailer on the web.

I think beating Ganon in TP had that result with me, being an accomplishment and all. It wasn't difficult, but it was so awesome.

IGN and Gamespot equate the bad third party games on the Wii simply because no one saw the success that Wii would become. A few jumped on the band wagon, but it is now companies are working on some real games. Analysts predict that it won't be long before we hear announcements for the Wii concerning companies big franchises. I believe the Wii will be getting the next Kingdom Hearts, regardless of whether it is a spinoff like Chain of Memories or III

Hey, check it out.

SotC was out BEFORE LoZ: TP.

In order for SotC to be a knock-off of TP, there has to be a time-paradox.

The best part is that you can't compare the two games because of the method of which you play:

Zelda - HAY GUISE IMMA RUN AROUND THIS DUNGEON UNTIL I FIND A BOSS TO KILL, K?

Shadow of the Colossus - I'm going to ride around in this massive landscape, using my sword to pinpoint the boss instead of an over-used map, at which point I will destroy it in a way much cooler than anything the Zelda has done ever. EVER.

See, the thing is this: Zelda is for all the hyper active gamers who want to do something RIGHT NOW, while Shadow of the Colossus is more for the big payoff. You had one moment like that in TP, I had roughly 16. So, some people may like it, and some may not, it's just a matter of whether or not you have enough patience to play.

Name an epic boss from Zelda, and how you beat it.

I'll name one from SotC, and how you kill it.

Have others judge which is more awesome (and by others, I mean non-biased others, leaving out birdman and a multitude of others.)

Hey, check it out.

SotC was out BEFORE LoZ: TP.

In order for SotC to be a knock-off of TP, there has to be a time-paradox.

The best part is that you can't compare the two games because of the method of which you play:

Zelda - HAY GUISE IMMA RUN AROUND THIS DUNGEON UNTIL I FIND A BOSS TO KILL, K?

Shadow of the Colossus - I'm going to ride around in this massive landscape, using my sword to pinpoint the boss instead of an over-used map, at which point I will destroy it in a way much cooler than anything the Zelda has done ever. EVER.

See, the thing is this: Zelda is for all the hyper active gamers who want to do something RIGHT NOW, while Shadow of the Colossus is more for the big payoff. You had one moment like that in TP, I had roughly 16. So, some people may like it, and some may not, it's just a matter of whether or not you have enough patience to play.

Name an epic boss from Zelda, and how you beat it.

I'll name one from SotC, and how you kill it.

Have others judge which is more awesome (and by others, I mean non-biased others, leaving out birdman and a multitude of others.)

It is called a comparison between two games. They said it was LIKE a Zelda knockoff. And there have been quite few Zelda games before it like OoT, or LttP, or WW. I could go on. Each of those are considered gaming legends. Heck, just about every new Zelda is a gaming legend, save those CD-i games.

You asked for a significant gaming moment, so I gave it to you. However, a lot of the boss battles (and the mini bosses in each dungeon) are amazing. The Lava monster, the Leviathan, The Giant Plant, riding the spinning top to defeat the giant Skeleton, Giant Yeti, Giant Spider, Dragon in the Sky, Zant, and Ganon were all amazing moments.

And SotC, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it JUST boss battles? No smaller creatures to fight except the Collossi? isn't it just
"HAY GUISE IMMA RUN AROUND THIS OVERWORLD UNTIL I FIND A BOSS TO KILL, K?" Zelda has a nice mix between the overworld, the dark world, and the dungeons. And the Dark World is just plain cool with the oversaturated colors to add the bleakness to the environment. I know that sounds odd, but it is true. How is the overworld in Zelda overused? It is brand new. Just because it is called Hyrule field doesn't mean it is the same from previous games. Even on horseback, it takes a while to traverse the Hyrulian landscape.

A pretty good review of the game.http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3155329&sec=REVIEWS and it discusses the Hyrulian overworld.

no one cares and i can't login because i adcdently clicked no on scit thing

title said it all and wii helps with spelling

Ah, But firefox or word helps with spelling too :).

Oh and I can't believe this I don't get along with any of you PS3 or Wii users, but PC users I can get along with fine. Because PC and 360 are merging to become one mega console of awesomeness and win. The first in line of these is Shadow run in my opinion the best game ever. And now Vista users can play with 360 users and Visa versa. But Shadow Run is I am pretty sure ShadowPirate can correct me though almost only multi player which sounds pretty awesome to me because the PC and 360 achieve greatness at multi player some can argue that PS3 and Wii have the capability to have great multi player, but it is just that capability show me a PS3 or Wii game that can beat or match the matchmaking of Halo 2 and 3 than we can talk k? And some will even say that PS2 out matched Xbox last gen because it started it, well it did until Live was released and than Halo2 out matched anything that the PS2 could throw at them.

To summarize this PC and 360 full of win.

Ah, But firefox or word helps with spelling too :).

Oh and I can't believe this I don't get along with any of you PS3 or Wii users, but PC users I can get along with fine. Because PC and 360 are merging to become one mega console of awesomeness and win. The first in line of these is Shadow run in my opinion the best game ever. And now Vista users can play with 360 users and Visa versa. But Shadow Run is I am pretty sure ShadowPirate can correct me though almost only multi player which sounds pretty awesome to me because the PC and 360 achieve greatness at multi player some can argue that PS3 and Wii have the capability to have great multi player, but it is just that capability show me a PS3 or Wii game that can beat or match the matchmaking of Halo 2 and 3 than we can talk k? And some will even say that PS2 out matched Xbox last gen because it started it, well it did until Live was released and than Halo2 out matched anything that the PS2 could throw at them.

To summarize this PC and 360 full of win.
No system has great multiplayer, or even the potential. It is up to the game developers to make great multiplayer.

No system has great multiplayer, or even the potential. It is up to the game developers to make great multiplayer.

If the system does not have the proper hardware to support good multi player there can not be any good multi player. With your post you sound like your trying to tell me that on the NES if the Game developers believed in themselves that good multi player would appear like magic from ceiling cat on their game.

If the system does not have the proper hardware to support good multi player there can not be any good multi player. With your post you sound like your trying to tell me that on the NES if the Game developers believed in themselves that good multi player would appear like magic from ceiling cat on their game.

Halo has great multiplayer because Bungie did it, not the XBox. Now when you go online, yes there is a difference, but multiplayer on Halo offline could have been done on GC if Bungie wanted to. Not PS2 because of only having 2 controller ports. So yes, developers make a big difference.

A fun tidbit, the NES had online first, however I could be wrong and another may have had it before. Still interesting to think that Nintendo went into the online business 20 years ago. However, it was to soon and they abandoned it after the SNES. They had planned something for the N64, but decided against it. You could even go into your checking account in Japan on your NES.:rotfl: I swear I am serious.

Halo has great multiplayer because Bungie did it, not the XBox. Now when you go online, yes there is a difference, but multiplayer on Halo offline could have been done on GC if Bungie wanted to. Not PS2 because of only having 2 controller ports. So yes, developers make a big difference.

A fun tidbit, the NES had online first, however I could be wrong and another may have had it before. Still interesting to think that Nintendo went into the online business 20 years ago. However, it was to soon and they abandoned it after the SNES. They had planned something for the N64, but decided against it. You could even go into your checking account in Japan on your NES.:rotfl: I swear I am serious.
SOURCE! xD

Have you played the game?

~~~

Yea, ok, no little monsters to slow down your playing and drive you to the brink of insanity with their mass. Boy, I'll miss them.

I want one specific boss, how you beat him. Not a gargantuan list of bosses that tell me nothing. LOOK LOL I'M CONFUSING YOU BY POSTING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE CHALLENGE ISSUED LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter