Playstation xbox and Wii Friendly chat thread

SOURCE! xD

I was wrong about the bank account, but from Wikipedia

Famicom MODEM was a modem that allowed connection to a Nintendo server which provided content such as jokes, news (mainly about Nintendo), game tips, and weather reports for Japan; it also allowed a small number of programs to be downloaded.

I had heard that for a time they had a Zelda game that you could download in episodic contents. I am not sure however.

I don't feel like actually writing out a guide to a boss so I just got this off of the GameFaqs website. The author is DarkFury3827.

Argorok is easily one of my favorite bosses in this game.
True to form, he isn't that difficult, but he is fun.
After walking through the boss door, you find yourself
outside. (It'll take some Clawshot action to get up to him) Head
up to the top-most platform where the dragon awaits. You'll find
him plenty ready for you, flying around what looks like the arena
Cell constructed in DBZ. There are four huge towers flying
skyward on every corner of the arena... and even better, the wind
is howling. Notice that this platform is a giant rectangle, so
that two towers are very close to each other (relatively
speaking) at each end of the rectangle.
Use your double Clawshot to zigzag up the towers from one
side to the other, and when you get to the top turn to face the
dragon. The dragon will ready a huge stream of fire, so right
before he spits at you, attach yourself to the tower opposite of
where you are now. The fire will miss, and Argorok will need a
couple of moments to regain his strength. Aim and attach to his
tail with the Clawshot, then put on your iron boots. The added
weight will drag Argorok to the ground, where you can abuse him.
After doing this a couple of times, he'll throw a tantrum and
throw up a bunch of floating, spinning propellers that you can
latch onto with your Clawshot.
And latch on you will! Climb the towers again, and when you
get high enough, attach with your Clawshot to the first
propeller. Argorok will spit a stream of fire at you, so to keep
ahead of the flame, Clawshot as fast as you can from one
propeller to the next. Eventually Argorok will tire out and
you'll find yourself behind the boss. Target the weak spot on his
back and let yourself get pulled onto his back. Once on, press A
a few times to watch Link stab Argorok in the back with his
sword.
As a precautionary note, you have to do this twice, and the
second time around, the dragon tries to trick you. When you make
it to the propellers at the top and outrun the fire blast the
fire time, Argorok will immediately shoot a second burst of
flame, this time moving in the opposite direction
(counterclockwise) instead. After the second burst of flame you
may circle around Argorok and Clawshot to his back.
After the second time, Argorok goes down with a mighty roar
and is dead once and for all.

Where is yours?

Btw, the average review score for the Wii and GC versions are 9.5 and 9.4.

SotC is 9.1

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25689405

A cool list of Wii games someone made over on the Gamespot forums. Look down a few posts afterwards as there are a few more games.

Funny thing is with Zelda, one of the most fun parts in the game is when you are in this old western town and are shooting down Moblins with your arrows. You can try to be covert or be forthright with it. I know other games have stuff like it, but for Zelda, that is something that hasn't been used before in the series and it was enjoyable. So I think the little monsters add a lot more to the game. There was another where they just swarmed you in their desert camp and it was a lot of fun. If I were to play Zelda's bosses and nothing else, it would not be as fun. If it weren't for the puzzles and the dungeons and the little guys, there would not be much of anything to do except ride around Hyrule and fight bosses like in SotC. It is the grand mixture of all of them that make the game great.

I just get tired of seeing "Oh, you've stumbled across a miniature army of little goblin-slimes-bats. Kill them all, as they only serve to delay your quest."

As far as boss fights go, I'll be typing up how to beat one.

Colossus Number 7: Eel Colossus.

After going out on a suspended path over a lake, you discover that you have entered the lair of a colossus. Unfortunately, the colossus is nowhere to be found (mind you, unless you are using a guide you only know a little about this colossus.) You follow a stair case down a tower to get yourself on level with the lake. Still no colossus. So, you take out your sword and try to locate it. You swing it all around but the light isn't focusing enough to say "Oh, there it is." So, you aim it into the water. Bingo. Now that you have located it, you simply must find a way to bring it out of the water. With no clear way of doing this, the voice that has been guiding you on your quest advises that you take a swim. So you do. Naturally, you swim near the tower in case any nasties decide to jump out of the water and eat you. Suddenly, you hear a roar, a loud one. You swim back to the tower just in time to see the colossus poke it's head out of the water, followed by what appears to be 3 electrical barbs, one after the other, and finally, it's tail. You figure, ok, there's nowhere to grab a hold of it on it's head, and the 3 electrical barbs will just lead to death. So what do you do? You swim closer to the tower, and when the colossus notices you again, you get to the tower faster. You wait, and the colossus repeats it's surfacing technique. After the third barb, you leap forward, onto the colossus, grabbing it by it's tail. Mind you, this thing is, well, colossal. Very big, if that word means nothing to you. The tail pulls you under water, and you hold on with all you've got. Occasionally, the colossus will surface, since it can slightly hear you and can feel a slight tug on it's tail. When it does, you race forward, attempting to reach one of the weak spots under one of the barbs. You get close, but the colossus begins to dive. Making sure there is plenty of room between you and one of those barbs, you grab hold of the colossus and it pulls you under once more. Once it surfaces again, you rush forward and begin to stab the beast just underneath it's barb, shutting down the electricity. The colossus now realizes you are a threat, which is unfortunate since it will now dive more often. The creature begins to dive and coil under the water, in an attempt to throw you off, and surfaces briefly once more. You run forward, stab the weak spot praying you did enough damage to shut it down. To your relief it ceases to generate electricity. The colossus begins it's diving and attempts to throw you off more frantically, as you are getting ever closer to it's head and bringing it down. It surfaces, you rush forward, and stab with all your strength to shut down this last barb. By now your grip on the beast is slipping, and the small breaks when it surfaces are not nearly enough to restore your strength. The barb fails the beast, and your goal is practically in sight. The head of the colossus is all that stands between you and victory against this creature of the depths. It dives, you hold on with what little strength you have. The beast is frantic, trying to send you flying off it's back and into the depths. But your strength holds, and the beast surfaces. You race forward, and begin to drive your sword into it's skull. The monstrosity, now panicking greatly and one the verge of death, lets out a cry of pain. But it is a pointless cry, as now death for it is a necessity and mercy on the beast for you. One last time, you muster all your strength, and drive the sword into it's head. The beast lets out one last cry, and it's eyes go blank. You release your grip, as you now know that the beast is dead. It sinks into the lake, towards it's final resting place. You have succeeded in slaying your seventh colossus, and now only nine are left standing.

~~~

Well?

I remember looking at the guide and looking at that Colossus, pretty cool.

It reminds me of the boss for the Lakebed Temple (water). However, this one is completely under water. You start off with it buried trying to grab its tentacles with the hookshot and then releasing water bombs for it to suck up to the central body. After a couple shots of that, it will reveal its true self, being a giant leviathan. Use the hookshot to try and grab on to the crystal on its head and try and attack it. Need to do that a couple of times. And its swimming around, and is fairly difficult to get a grab on. Not really the same, just the giant sea snake thing comes to mind.

Awesome. I just made a Jake Mii (the VMK dude) and now I play him in boxing as P2. I've always hated the Haley and Jake additions, so this is awesome.

I really really really want to post a video of rejected Wii Games. It's fake, but it's absolutely hilarious and I want to post it. But I won't.

Because of Mii Hitler.

Woot. Wii is really fun. I don't have that many games yet but I'll get there. I got Paper Mario yesterday. :cool1:

Woot. Wii is really fun. I don't have that many games yet but I'll get there. I got Paper Mario yesterday. :cool1:
Sweet. Paper Mario rocks. I suggest renting WarioWare: Smooth Moves. It's pretty fun, but it doesn't last too long.

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGG my 360 broke and now I am suffering withdrawl and when my 360 is broken I am not happy and I end up making people who think that Jedi is a religion they call it Jediism. And they are run by a fat geek who thinks that he can "feel the force".

Sorry really off topic, but my 360 should be back soon.

Well, Paper Mario has succeeded in pulling me away from vmk for over a week. I play some, but it's not my first choice at the moment. I do however have other issues regarding this choice, but...

The video would be interesting. I know Happy Feet bombed in interest here even though it was bought for a 7 yr old! Elebits was pretty cool, haven't finished it and ds put the disc ???:headache: Bowling is still number one played game other than currently Paper Mario. Can't play Mario with friends, so the sports games rule.

I am pretty busy gamewise right now.

I have Pokemon Diamond that I just started over for no reason. Super Paper Mario for the Wii, Legend of Zelda OoT on the Wii's VC, and if I ever get back to it, Tales of Legendia for the PS2.

Let's bump this thread.

Who here has Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

I normally don't care for the FPS genre, though I will play Halo at friends house. I have gotten pretty decent at it. Anyways, I don't think I have ever had so much fun with a game with FPS elements in it (it is really an FPA). The controls are spot on. Many review sites have said that the only games that have better controls are those that use mouse and keyboard. They have also said that it has some of the best boss battles in videogame history. One site (Gametrailers) went so far as to say that for a specific 5 hours, it was the best gameplay ever crammed into a gamedisk. The graphics are amazing for the Wii and if this is the new standard that developers go for both graphics and controls, I will be a very happy person.

i do
also metroid 3=great
super mario glaxie=better
super smash bros bawl= best game ever

I'm loving Dead Head Fred for the PSP. Here's some high points:

You gain new powers by removing enemy heads and then wearing them.

Fred is voiced by the actor who plays Doctor Cox on Scrubs.

Awesome Humor.

Actually Difficult Puzzles.

Combat that requires you to think instead of mash a button.

Unfortunately, I'm almost done with it, which makes me sad. But I also picked up God Hand, and have been sending enemies into the stratosphere quite a bit.

Yea the wii is awesome and all, but cant we make a post about the nintendo DS? I dont want to feel left out 'cause i dont have a wii but i have a Nintendo Gamecube, Super Nintendo Entertainment System and stuff

Yea the wii is awesome and all, but cant we make a post about the nintendo DS? I dont want to feel left out 'cause i dont have a wii but i have a Nintendo Gamecube, Super Nintendo Entertainment System and stuff
The name of this thread really should be changed to just "Video Game Chat Thread" or something. It would be fine if you wanted to make a seperate thread for an individual game you think people would enjoy talking about.

EDIT: I'm renting MP3, and it is awesome. Although I have to take it back tomorrow and my mom won't let me re-rent it. >_<!!!

I'm loving Dead Head Fred for the PSP. Here's some high points:

You gain new powers by removing enemy heads and then wearing them.

Fred is voiced by the actor who plays Doctor Cox on Scrubs.

Awesome Humor.

Actually Difficult Puzzles.

Combat that requires you to think instead of mash a button.

Unfortunately, I'm almost done with it, which makes me sad. But I also picked up God Hand, and have been sending enemies into the stratosphere quite a bit.

Dr. Cox is the guy that is dripping with sarcasm with the short curly hair, fairly young, right.

Because if so, then this game is a must buy! rofl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter