PLEASE HELP! Sick kid. Cruise leaves tomorrow.

Scooter rentals are for whoever wants to use them. It is not solely a handicap service.

Agreed. Most of the time, they don't appear to be in short supply. There are maybe a dozen non-Disney companies willing to rent them out. I imagine that they might be hard to come by during the week after Christmas, but the rest of the time I doubt anyone would be deprived.

Agreed. Most of the time, they don't appear to be in short supply. There are maybe a dozen non-Disney companies willing to rent them out. I imagine that they might be hard to come by during the week after Christmas, but the rest of the time I doubt anyone would be deprived.

Grandparents will be renting off-site, leaving the more-expensive klunkers in the parks for anyone who wants them. We just don't want our able-bodied grand daughter to waste her money (and get nasty looks from people who are already anti-scooter.)

Lets get back on topic please, this isn't a scooter thread it is a thread about a DISer that had a sick child and what happened from there.

I am so happy your daughter is feeling better and thank you for showing us how Disney can handle a situation like this. I hope she continues to improve and can head to the parks later this wee.

You do not have to take the child to port to get insurance denied. File a claim and let them deny you. Then you will have a credit for a future cruise. If she is very sick and she has a virus that could be communicated to others you are correct in not taking her on the cruise. And I think you were misunderstanding what a pre-existing condition is. I think the condition has to exist prior to your purchasing the insurance policy. Depends on the policy itself though.

This won't help you with airfare as you apparently have a policy that does not cover airfare. But at least you have some recourse with the insurance you have.

Not sure why the child couldn't be taken to a hospital. They'll get an ambulance. I had to have one once.

heck it appears there are 2 separate mothers with very sick children at WDW on this thread. Or someone using two separate screennames. and if there are two children, one is sixteen.

I'm sooo glad your daughter is feeling better and praying she is able to enjoy the last few days of her vacation. It brings tears to my eyes thinking about the Diser that helped you out :)

We stayed out for about four hours. She is wiped. All she wanted was to go to a beach lol. We went and laid on a beach at the poly for an hour! Lol

Today's reports sound like truly good news. Is there a better cure for anything than lying on the beach at the Poly for an hour or so? So glad she is feeling better and your adventure seems headed toward a happy ending.

I just found this and I will say, I am so sorry..I will pray for you both now..God does send us Angels when we least expect them and I see that you have had a couple of them during this awful time...I do hope you will both be able to enjoy the next couple of days...Your daughter sounds like an awesome teen:)

She is so exhausted just from five hours of riding around. Lol. We got back and watched pretty little liars and now she is falling asleep to some face reality show. She had trouble on the bus with the scooter. Was quite funny.

To the person who wanted to rent one for her daughter, she is better off walking. They only allow 2 scooters on the bus. My daughter so badly wants to ditch this scooter but is out of breath walking 20 feet. She is a 110lb very in shape girl.

So glad she is getting some strength back. Please take it easy. So glad you have gotten the support you needed from Disney and the super special CM on this thread. Such a scary situation. Hugs to both of you.

Today I got a chance to hang out with them. And all I can say is I'm so happy I'm helping them. They were both amazingly sweet and welcoming. The daughter in bed just shining a smile and you could see her motivation to get better kick into over drive. And I've never meet such a selfless family before. All they want is for her to feel better and enjoy the rest of their vacation. And I cannot wait to see them again before they leave to see how she is doing.

I don't know you or Lollipop's Mom and her girl, but THANK YOU for being such a great person!

Lollipop's Mom...I'm so happy that your girl is feeling better and things are going in better direction!

ilc1sw.jpg

heck it appears there are 2 separate mothers with very sick children at WDW on this thread. Or someone using two separate screennames. and if there are two children, one is sixteen.

It looks like the OP originally had trouble signing on, so created a new screen name. In post #77, she logs on with her original screen name.

To the OP, so glad things are getting better for you and your daughter.

Did you have any problems renting a scooter for her? Our 16-yr-old (healthy!) grand dtr wants to rent one for Disneyland next month so she can keep up with her old grand parents who will both be driving scooters. I want to tell her that she has to be 18, which is the normal minimum age, and I hope she can't get around it.

Yes, you do have to be 18 years old (or older) to legally rent a scooter. It is a problem that people with kids often have (if they aren't brining their own ECV) - they have to rent a wheelchair instead. So, feel free to tell her that she cannot rent one.

OP - glad your daughter is feeling better and that WDW (and DISers) are doing what they can to make things a little bit better.

We scooted around Epcot yesterday. Got there about 2 pm. She fell asleep on a bench at 4pm and we had to leave by 7pm. She wasn't feeling great. Came back to the room and started vomiting again. I'm just exhausted and want to get on a plane, but she just isn't fit to travel yet. I'm feeling very done and ready to be at home :(
Today I'm not letting her go anywhere. I need to do some laundry.
I need a do over! Lol

I'm having one of those feeling very sorry for myself mornings. Lol. I'm allowed that right? Lol

Remember my offer still stands if you need it.

Hoping you don't
Get better Lolllipop

Well you gave me a giggle. I read that as hope you don't get better lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter