Please post experiences using same day DAS selections using MDE App.

My trip isn't until Christmas week so I still have a few days until I can apply, however, the ECV isn't the reason I'm applying for DAS. Separate issue altogether. I was just inquiring about the process of using it, not if I'll qualify or not.
Very good -- I didn't want you (or others) to assume using the ECV automatically gave you a DAS. I'm not sure what DAS Return Times look like at the 30-minute early opening, but it may not be immediate upon entry to the park. There has to be a posted standby wait before DAS will issue. If the standby is 15 minutes or less, they'll direct you into the queue without a return time. Also, I believe at least some of the parks are allowing earlier entry and holding everyone -- like at the hub for MK. Then at the 30-minute mark they are allowing resort guests to enter further, similar to how it was done in the past for morning EMH.

Ok thanks. If they are letting in the parks earlier than the 30 minutes, I'll try to make plans to be there 60 minutes ahead of park opening then. Hopefully we can do that.

You may want to check out the Early Theme Park Entry sticky thread on the TPAS Forum. I've only read some of it but they are tracking experiences with the 30-minute early entry. I believe it's a bit different at each of the parks.

Currently at WDW, was at Epcot yesterday and did Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom today. Of the four Advance DAS selections for the two days, I think we used only one. The timing just didn’t work out and we were able to do those rides earlier in the day. We also bought Genie + today and between that and getting DAS on the go, we accomplished all we wanted to in Magic Kingdom by 2 and park hopped to Animal Kingdom. We really like being able to get DAS return times through the app. As soon as we tapped in the second terminal in the Lightning Lane, we selected the next one. I like how it presents a list of attractions with wait times so you can see which ones are worth getting. I did the DAS selections while my wife did the Genie + selections. We took advantage of the resort guest early opening (plus the extra 30 minutes for Disney + day) so we were able to get a head start at 7 am.

Yes, I thought about that, except the pinned post at the very top of this forum says “- IF you are using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) your computer/device may be blocked from chat by Disney’s network”
It’s worth trying, but some people reported they were blocked From entering chat when they were using a VPN

Yes, I thought about that, except the pinned post at the very top of this forum says “- IF you are using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) your computer/device may be blocked from chat by Disney’s network”

you can try it and see if it works.
I'm sometimes blocked by things and sometimes not.
i used to have a workaround for the disney sites that didn't require VPN, but they haven't worked recently.

Has anyone experienced the DAS button not showing up in your MDE? My daughter is pre registered and we have advance selections, but did not have the ability to make additional selections in the app today (no button, and also no option when clicking on attractions).

Has anyone experienced the DAS button not showing up in your MDE? My daughter is pre registered and we have advance selections, but did not have the ability to make additional selections in the app today (no button, and also no option when clicking on attractions).

Were you in the park today? It reportedly only shows up once the DAS holder has swiped into a park for the day, but I have also read people reporting it glitching and coming/going from MDE.

Yup, we were tapped into the park!

Ah :( we haven’t been yet since the new MDE update, but I have read here about it glitching out/temporarily disappearing and thus people needing to go to CM’s to set up return times. Your daughter’s DAS status won’t have been affected; it’s just IT

Yesterday was our first day in the parks. We didn't pre-register for DAS because there was no way I could start at 4 am Pacific Time and go straight through when I work from 11-7!
The CM who set it up at EPCOT said that we could make selections in the app but couldn't cancel them that way and would need to see a blue umbrella to do that. Turned out I could cancel one selection and make a new one in the app just fine! I suspect it was a new change, but it's a welcome one.

Re: tapping into the parks to start using DAS: today was a non-park day for us. We were just using hotel transportation to go from CSR to AKL for lunch,...but then we thought "hey, it might be fun to swing by and ride FOP on the way back!" So we took the bus from CSR to AK, went through security, tapped in, sat just past the main gate and booked a return time, then turned around and went back out to catch the bus to AKL. After lunch, we got off the bus at AK, headed in, and could go right to FOP at the start of the DAS return time.

I agree with what others have said about picking a new attraction time. Once you get past the second scan-in, you can pick a new one even if you aren't "done" with the attraction yet. For example, I picked my next ride while sitting in the "uhh" preshow at FOP (and was surprised the wifi worked!). I tried it once after getting through only one tap point, and it wouldn't let me.

I'm also from the UK, and it's being reported that the pre selection of das, is not open to non us. Its not because of the vpn issue either, as noted that some of these people have actually got through to pre register via a vpn and then have been told because they are from the UK they cannot pre book the DAS rides and been told they can get day of das returns only.
If this is true then that is discriminating against other nationals. I realise that the waits to do the pre registration online are very very long, but then they need to sort out some other way of doing it, so all disabled guests are treated equally surely?

Ah :( we haven’t been yet since the new MDE update, but I have read here about it glitching out/temporarily disappearing and thus people needing to go to CM’s to set up return times. Your daughter’s DAS status won’t have been affected; it’s just IT
We just got back. That happened to us multiple times at different parks.
Sometimes the DAS icon didn’t show up at a when we tapped into the park.
Sometimes, it went away after we had made and used one DAS Return Time.
Sometimes, it showed up when I logged into the account, but not when DH did.

The app frequently logged us out and would not allow us to log back in (appeared to happen often after we had gotten a ‘weak or no internet’ message.)

The CM’s usual advice was to log out, then back in and check to make sure our phones and the My Disney Experience app were up to date (they were - we checked every morning before going on. My DH and I have identical phones, updated the same and were logging into the same account, so it didn’t make much sense when sometimes one of us could get in, but not the other.

Both DH and I
Yesterday was our first day in the parks. We didn't pre-register for DAS because there was no way I could start at 4 am Pacific Time and go straight through when I work from 11-7!
The CM who set it up at EPCOT said that we could make selections in the app but couldn't cancel them that way and would need to see a blue umbrella to do that. Turned out I could cancel one selection and make a new one in the app just fine! I suspect it was a new change, but it's a welcome one.

Re: tapping into the parks to start using DAS: today was a non-park day for us. We were just using hotel transportation to go from CSR to AKL for lunch,...but then we thought "hey, it might be fun to swing by and ride FOP on the way back!" So we took the bus from CSR to AK, went through security, tapped in, sat just past the main gate and booked a return time, then turned around and went back out to catch the bus to AKL. After lunch, we got off the bus at AK, headed in, and could go right to FOP at the start of the DAS return time.

I agree with what others have said about picking a new attraction time. Once you get past the second scan-in, you can pick a new one even if you aren't "done" with the attraction yet. For example, I picked my next ride while sitting in the "uhh" preshow at FOP (and was surprised the wifi worked!). I tried it once after getting through only one tap point, and it wouldn't let me.
I think some CMs have some confusion about DAS Advance Selections and DAS Return Times. It also could be that the CM didn’t know canceling was available in the app since the WDW DAS really only talks about making DAS Return Times (or, it may have rolled out later)

Curious since you said the day you went to AK was a non-park day - did you have a park reservation for AK or got in without one?

I don’t know if this has been asked but can you ride the same ride more than once in a day with your DAS? For example, can you get a DAS for Peter Pan at 10am and say you want to ride it again at 6pm
You probably won’t be able to schedule your return times that exactly… if you mean that those are the times you are making the decision to get your return times, then yes, you can do that.
I know with Genie+ you can only get one ride on the ride per day unless you want to wait in standby.
I just want to stress that for all intents and purposes, you *are* waiting in the standby queue. It’s just that with the DAS, you’re simply not snaking thru the line with everyone else. Instead, you are passing the time in a place that is more appropriate for your individual I circumstances.
This is why you can get more than one return time per day for the same attraction (but only have a single return time outstanding at a time)… the time you are given is based on the standby wait at the time you “enter the queue”. Which is in effect what getting a return time does— it creates a spot for you in the queue. A sort of virtual placeholder, if you will.
You can come back at any point after the time has elapsed.

If you are “late”, just think of it as letting other parties pass you in line. {Something we have done on quite a few occasions when we weren’t using das, for reasons ranging from having to duck out of line to the bathroom, to waiting out ds’s minor seizure. We just try to get ourselves to a corner or wider spot of the queue— we’ve always managed to find somewhere to tuck in, even with a scooter or wheelchair— and then one of us just tells others to “go on past us, we have to deal with xyz… we’ll continue again in a minute.”
No one has *ever* complained that we let them pass us. We have had the next party after we start moving again say something… although it’s pretty much always along the lines of ‘Shoot, we almost made it…’ or ‘So close, dang’ :upsidedow.
Only once that I can remember did the next group act all put out and obnoxious, We just said, ‘you know what, no big deal, you can go ahead of us too…’. The next group after that was very sympathetic and commented about how ridiculous the previous group was and how it was a relief to get away from them . They apparently had been quite vocal about their overall dissatisfaction with seemingly everything at Disneyland. Clearly no one told them that they were in the Happiest Place on Earth, because happy they were not. :rolleyes2}

Sorry my answer turned into a novel… You probably knew most of my explanation already, but I wanted to make it super clear for others reading the thread.
I hope something I said helps you, tmax. :flower1:

We are here right now and have used the DAS pass at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom (we will be doing the other parks this week). We were never able to pre-register and did have to stand in a bit of a line to register on our Magic Kingdom day, but once we were registered we were good to go. The DAS option on the app kept reappearing and disappearing, but I would just force a close on the app and reopen it and it would be there again. It has been an absolute life saver to have it on the app as we are a family of 8 and physically going to each ride we wanted to do would be very difficult for us. As soon as you tap into the second tap you can go in and schedule a new ride. Some of the rides do not have two taps so sometimes I would just have to wait until we were actually off the ride to make a new one. Not all of the rides show up either, so some of the rides you just have to go and talk to the cast members at the front. If one of your party misses a tap, then it will not allow them to schedule a new ride so make sure everyone in your party taps in whenever they are supposed to. It happened to us once (somehow our youngest hadn't tapped in the second time) and luckily we were able to get it taken care of relatively quickly at the guest services in Liberty Square. My biggest advice would be if you do not see the DAS selection on the app, force a close on the app, then reopen it. It also won't show up until you physically get into the park that day.

We made the advanced selections but multiple days those times did not work out. Genie+ was a waste of money as many days the times were pushed to so late in the day. DAS was a lifesaver to get on rides this last week, my husband would never have been able to wait in the 60+ minutes waits we saw this last week. Guest services lines were still 40+ minutes at MK & HS start of day, so I would make Epcot or AK your first park if you are waiting to get DAS when you arrive

I think this is most likely a glitch. I am home checking MDE and the DAS button appeared and clicking on it attractions from all four parks are available (see screen shot below). So I went ahead and got a return time for Toy Story Mania just to see if it works. I am at home nowhere near WDW and do not have park reservations. We are annual Passholders and had a trip to WDW two weeks ago which we did the on-line advance DAS registration and have future trips booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter