Please post experiences using same day DAS selections using MDE App.

Any advice - my wife and I have tried in both our phones and we click the “get time” button and it’s just a blank screen - no option to select anything.
But it works on my MIL older iPhone.
Everything is ok to date and the latest versions.
Thanks

Sorry if this has been asked but I couldn't find a pic online.
Where exactly does the DAS icon pop up once I'm in the park? Is it in the Welcome screen by "My Genie Day" and "Future Plans"?

If the standby is 15 minutes or less, they'll direct you into the queue without a return time..

How does this work with the APP since you aren’t actually at the queue? Does the APP just tell you to go to the ride and not make a return time? By the time we walk there the line might be over 15 mins. My son can get terribly distracted not to mention as a group we don’t move very fast. Lol.

I'm also from the UK, and it's being reported that the pre selection of das, is not open to non us. Its not because of the vpn issue either, as noted that some of these people have actually got through to pre register via a vpn and then have been told because they are from the UK they cannot pre book the DAS rides and been told they can get day of das returns only.
If this is true then that is discriminating against other nationals. I realise that the waits to do the pre registration online are very very long, but then they need to sort out some other way of doing it, so all disabled guests are treated equally surely?
Can someone please confirm if they have personally experienced this?! We are from Canada and I had no idea this was going on. I have no desire to wait 10 hours for a virtual chat only to be told I can't do it because I'm not from the U.S.

Can someone please confirm if they have personally experienced this?! We are from Canada and I had no idea this was going on. I have no desire to wait 10 hours for a virtual chat only to be told I can't do it because I'm not from the U.S.

You should have no issue whatsoever doing it from Canada.

I have seen reported elsewhere that the online video registration and advance selection is available to US and Canadian residents.

Which makes sense since the full info about the new DAS system, including the links needed to do the registration etc, are available on both the US and Canadian WDW website. Here is the Canadian WDW DAS page: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/disability-access-service/ It would be pretty crappy and unprofessional of them to have the info, links, etc and allow one to start the process from the Canadian page and yet not actually be eligible... So more indication Canadian residents are eligible.

I went and browsed the UK page and the link for the page for DAS there is broken - it reroutes to the main UK page. I also didn't find any descriptions of the new system and how it works, though it is possible that is buried somewhere. So that would fit with the registration via online video chat and the preselection not being available to UK residents. I wonder if UK residents who try it are using the links from the US or Canadian WDW pages ?

I'm in Canada and did the pre-booking a couple of weeks ago. I did it on a Saturday morning and it only took a couple of hours. I got on right at 7:00am though.

I'm in Canada and did the pre-booking a couple of weeks ago. I did it on a Saturday morning and it only took a couple of hours. I got on right at 7:00am though.
Okay, phew! Thank you all for your responses. That is a relief. Now to figure out if all 3 of my children can register at the same time on one virtual chat session or not...

I think this is most likely a glitch. I am home checking MDE and the DAS button appeared and clicking on it attractions from all four parks are available (see screen shot below). So I went ahead and got a return time for Toy Story Mania just to see if it works. I am at home nowhere near WDW and do not have park reservations. We are annual Passholders and had a trip to WDW two weeks ago which we did the on-line advance DAS registration and have future trips booked.
View attachment 627729

Had that same glitch on our end last week as well, but were in the parks. It was a pain to scroll through the list since we were at a park (DHS), and wanted to get Rise and MMRR.

We were at WDW last week; we did not do pre-registration and went to guest relations at the Epcot intl gate on the Sunday evening (28th)--which was a non park day for us--and had our DAS set up there.

The only day where the DAS icon would NOT show up in my dad's app was this past Saturday (4th). I tried forcing it closed, logging him out/back in, but it wouldn't show up. We didn't realise this until we were at dinner, because shortly after our arrival to the park we had gone to a guest experiences umbrella to have friends added to his list, and they set a ride for us. After that initial ride we went to dinner, and it was only towards the end of dinner that we found that the app wasn't loading the DAS option. We ended up just leaving the park after dinner; had the app been working, we would have set up a ride, but we weren't going to mess with trekking to an umbrella at that point.

On one day (Thursday, I believe), the app worked from our hotel room and let us set a return time before we entered a park (this was Thu mid-day; we hadn't gone to any park yet that day). But that seemed to have been a one off glitch, albeit a beneficial one.

We did have it on one ride (Jungle Cruise) where the app thought my brother hadn't swiped in, so wouldn't let us include him in the party for setting a new time. But we just went back to the CM after the ride and they cancelled it on my brother's profile.

I do remember trying to cancel a DAS reservation one day and feeling like I was going in circles trying to find the right process, but of course I can't remember the details now.

At the deluxe extended evening hours at MK I found out that they were issuing DAS times on Mine Train--they said it just wasn't an option in the app and they had to set it at the ride. I didn't ask at other rides; only found out at this ride because I asked a CM why there were two lines--I hadn't even thought of DAS as being an option

So just a few very small hiccups, and we found it SO NICE to be able to set return times on the app.

How does this work with the APP since you aren’t actually at the queue? Does the APP just tell you to go to the ride and not make a return time? By the time we walk there the line might be over 15 mins. My son can get terribly distracted not to mention as a group we don’t move very fast. Lol.
Wondering the same as we go in January and this will be our first trip using DAS. Trying to get as familiar as possible with the entire process.

Wondering the same as we go in January and this will be our first trip using DAS. Trying to get as familiar as possible with the entire process.
I actually found that we could get a return time even if the ride was 5 or 10 min. It just either a) didn’t give you the 15-20 min buffer it normally has or b) gave you the time right then. I did this right at park opening for several rides since we were in different areas of the park but knew we wanted to ride certain rides when lines got long.

The DAS return times via the app give you a start of the return time, there is no end to the time frame (same as the DAS return times set up in person with the CM at the ride). It will display the return time as you're setting it (it may change by a few minutes if you dawdle on the app), and then you will get a screen with confirmation of the return time and party members, and it will also show up in your app as a plan.

Was at the park last week and I was very happy with how easy DAS works on the app. There were some small hiccups but nothing crazy.

* a couple of times the DAS icon did not appear when I clicked on the "hamburger" symbol on the bottom right corner but I closed out of the app a couple of times and it popped back up
* after tapping into our scheduled DAS ride, I quickly booked our next DAS and two or three times it stated that one of our party could not book a DAS, there was an issue with the system registering them tapping in. When this happened I just booked the DAS for everyone else and once off the current ride went to a GET (look for the blue umbrella) and they added the missing person
* TAKE screenshots of the DASs you book and have for the day. Sometimes our current day DAS didn't show up or the system confused our day of DAS with the ones we prebooked (when they were close in time) and used the wrong one. I showed the screenshots to the CM and explained one was a prebooked DAS and the other was one I booked today and they let us by

Between DAS and Genie + our parks days at MK and HS went really smoothly. We were able to mitigate our wait times and take needed breaks to relieve some of the over stimulation. In Toy Story Land there is very little to no shade or seating but we did find a quietish, shady area by Alien Saucer right across from Woody's Lunchbox. You have to sit on the floor and eventually the noise from Alien Saucer just becomes background noise but it's not a lot of loud and startling noises from people and you're just looking at solid colored wall.

Does anyone know how the 2 DAS pre-registration advance selections work with the DAS selections you make during the day? I know the DAS selections are limited to one at a time, but are you allowed to make them if you haven't yet ridden the 2 advance selections? Or can you start making DAS selections as soon as you enter the park?

Does anyone know how the 2 DAS pre-registration advance selections work with the DAS selections you make during the day? I know the DAS selections are limited to one at a time, but are you allowed to make them if you haven't yet ridden the 2 advance selections? Or can you start making DAS selections as soon as you enter the park?
They are totally Independent of the day of DAS selections. You do not need to have used them to select more, and you can even select the same attraction you pre-selected If you wanted.

As @Katiegrose posted, the DAS Advance Selections made in connection with doing DAS video registration are totally separate from the DAS Return Times made in the park.

The First post in This WDW DAS changes summary thread has updated information about registering for DAS and how it works.

They are totally Independent of the day of DAS selections. You do not need to have used them to select more, and you can even select the same attraction you pre-selected If you wanted.
Thank you very much for the information! Greatly appreciated!

I wanted to share our experience of getting my daughter’s DAS this morning. I signed on at 7:07 eastern time.we got connected to the video chat at 730. My daughter was still in bed lol.I explained why she needed it and he said he saw she has had it in the past and he said she qualified. He took her picture and she smiled lol. We were then connected to do our pre selections. We were able to get Navi at 10 and safari at 11. We got slinky dog at 10 and millennium falcon at 1130 and we got thunder mountain at 11-12 and jungle cruise 1130-1230. I was really nervous but everything went well. We were done with everything by 750. I did it on my iPhone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter