Please tell me I am miss informed

Bring the labeled container of possible, but YEA isn't going to test. Do not being anything not legal in your destination state (i.e., if you were flying from Canada to Illinois, marijuana is not legal.)

Do you need the original bottle for controlled substance or can I just bring enough for the weekend

What's the circumstance? Most of these attempts at answers are assuming you're traveling somewhere and might be searched.

Going from mco to Hartford and I dont want to bring the full script if I dont have to but if I do i will suck it up and do so

If it's a controlled substance I highly recommend having it in the original prescription container. Not just for the airport, but law enforcement everywhere would frown upon you carrying a controlled substance without the proper, documented container.

It is always advisable to keep any controlled substances in their original Rx bottle, whether flying or not. I have an anxiety disorder and take Xanax as needed. I used to keep it in several little umarked pill boxes so I would always have some available if necessary, such as at home and in my purse. Then I found out that even though I have a legal prescription, if I got pulled over while driving*, it is possible I could be detained by the police until I could prove I was in possession of it lawfully. It's not worth the risk.

*Just to clarify, I DO NOT drive if I've taken a Xanax, but the pills are in my possession.

I never take all the containers because I have several and some are in large boxes with blister packs. I keep a photo of all my current prescription containers and just use tiny pill pouches that are labeled, when I travel. Worst case, it gets questioned and I can prove pretty easily that I have it legally.

Going from mco to Hartford and I dont want to bring the full script if I dont have to but if I do i will suck it up and do so

TSA doesn't require it at airports, but they note that there might be different state laws.

https://www.tsa.gov/blog/2014/09/05/tsa-travel-tips-traveling-medication
  • TSA does not require passengers to have medications in prescription bottles, but states have individual laws regarding the labeling of prescription medication with which passengers need to comply.
All I could find about Connecticut is that for any prescription narcotic, there is a legal requirement to keep it in the original container in which it was dispensed to the patient. Obviously removing a pill from the container to use would be OK, but I read this as meaning that if you've got it you legally must keep it in the original bottle from the pharmacist until ready to use. They don't say it has to have the original prescription label or that there's any requirement to prove who the prescription belongs to. I've received prescription medication that had a bottle (with a specific quantity of meds from manufacturer) inside a box, and the prescription label was applied only to the box. I'd think your chance of being searched is extremely low, and in any case laws such as these are meant to address illegal sales. For instance, I remember someone once talking about getting a bottle of Vicodin and then selling them individually to friends. It would give law enforcement one more weapon if they suspect illegal piecemeal transfer of narcotics.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2017/pub/chap_420b.htm#sec_21a-257
Sec. 21a-257. (Formerly Sec. 19-464). Person receiving narcotic drug to keep it in original container. A person to whom or for whose use any narcotic drug has been prescribed, sold or dispensed by a physician, dentist, pharmacist or other person authorized under the provisions of section 21a-248, and the owner of any animal for which any such drug has been prescribed, sold or dispensed may lawfully possess it only in the container in which it was delivered to the recipient by the person selling or dispensing the same except as may be authorized by regulations adopted hereunder.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter