"Please try to look normal" A Spring Break 2017 Trip *complete 7/21*

maggiepie87

Mouseketeer
Hello :wave2: and welcome back to the latest installment of Margaret and her Dad go to Disney or as I called it
#fatherdaughterdisneytrippart4 :goodvibes :hug:

As always, the cast on this trip was me,
Margaret

And the father half of the trip, My Dad,
Pat

The when this time around was:
Spring Break
March 18th - March 25th

There where:
Port Orleans French Quarter

The why:
Why not? We had stated planning for this trip when we were sitting in the airport waiting for our flight, last year.

This time around we had a list of things we wanted to do, try, see, or eat…
-30,000 steps in one day
- Use 4 modes of Disney transportation
-Visit each giftshop in each country in EPCOT
- The donut sundae at Magic Kingdom
- The photo booth in the Space Mountain gift shop
-Kiss goodnight at Magic Kingdom
-Catch Wishes from ‘Ohana
-1,000 total pictures

How many of them do we get done? Do we get to anything else? Let’s see shall we :yay:

Last edited:
It’s not a Father/Daughter Disney Trip if there isn’t a but wait….

10 days out I get the little sniffle and sore throat that goes with my constant allergies. I took some more allergy pills and went to sleep.

Woke up the next morning not being able to breathe and having horrible chest pain. Knowing I wouldn’t be able to get into the doctor soon without having to take a sick day, which I’m strongly against unless I’m actually sick like dying sick, I did an online doctor visit. Which consisted of answering questions about what hurts and colors of things. The next day I get an email response saying, “upper respiratory infection”. So, I go to Walmart and get all my medications and buy some extra meds to help.

Around that same time, I get a text from my Dad saying he has a cold too…. Here we go, both of us being sick a week before Disney.

The week flew by and we had some tornado weather, some snow, and a goat visit.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, that goat!!!!!!! Goatorable!

I'm a'reading your report! Love it.

Day 0 - March 17th- Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

Finally, after a week of medicine, I was actually feeling a bit better and ready for a vacation. However, I first had to make it through one more day of work. Today was potluck day at work and the theme was brunch. Being me and up for a challenge I signed up for eggs. So, I grabbed my eggs and crockpot and was out the door at 5:50. I still had one stop to make. Tradition is Chick-fil-A for breakfast and paying for the person behind me. I made it to the Chick-fil-A by my school and ordered, when I went to pay for myself and the car behind me the woman told me their order was $23 she said how about the person behind them. Their order was $5 and it was apparently a regular who never gets their food paid for so that made her happy. I told her I was in a good mood and going to Disney tomorrow. She jumped up and down and told me to have a great time.

It was kind of scary driving to work this early in the morning, that and the stupid time change the week before.

I got to school, got the eggs started in the crock pot and sat down to enjoy my breakfast.

Yummy :lovestruc

During my lunch/planning period, I took a picture with Jalena (remember her face) since we were both sporting our Target dollar spot shamrock headbands ha ha

At the end of the day when we were dismissing the kids, I had a parent bring us Starbucks. I have some really great parents this year :)

I said goodbye to my students for the week and promised to bring them something back. I reminded my ride that I needed a pick up at 6:15.

I still had some packing that needed to be done… well actually most of it needed to be done

Including packing a lot of cold meds for both of us…

Staalzy is not happy about me leaving :cat:

I got all my stuff packed and took a shower. I ended up going to bed around 11ish with the alarm set for 4:45

Last edited:
I really enjoy your reports, I remember reading about you and your dad's Disney trips, nice to see a new TR from you! I will be following along.

Joining in. I have gone to pay for the person behind me a few times and their order was expensive. I always feel kind of bad when I change my mind but then realize that they would never know the difference. Looking forward to your trip!

Oh my gosh, that goat!!!!!!! Goatorable!

I'm a'reading your report! Love it.

:wave2: Hi, thanks for following along. Yes the goat was so adorable and it even had a sweater which made it a million times more adorable!

I really enjoy your reports, I remember reading about you and your dad's Disney trips, nice to see a new TR from you! I will be following along.

:wave2: Hi, thanks for following along. Yup another Spring Break trip and he's a good travel partner :)
Following.:flower1: Love that cute goat and your St. Paddy's headband.:shamrock:

:wave2: Hi, thanks for following along. He was adorable but it was cuter because some of the kids didn't know what it was, they called him a kitty ha ha

Joining in. I have gone to pay for the person behind me a few times and their order was expensive. I always feel kind of bad when I change my mind but then realize that they would never know the difference. Looking forward to your trip!

:wave2: Hi, thanks for following along. I try to every year before Disney or when someone else does it to me. It's always a nice surprise. I do it at Starbucks sometimes too and hope they person just gets a plain coffee ha ha :P
Following along for this one. :moped:

:wave2: Hi, thanks for following along.

Hi! I am following along! I love that you went on a trip with you and your dad!

The donut sundae at Magic Kingdom
I really hope you do this! It's on my list for our next trip, and I would love to hear how it is!

Visit each giftshop in each country in EPCOT
I always want to try and get a picture in each country with a hat on. I have yet to actually accomplish that!

Can't wait to hear all about the trip!

Hi! I am following along! I love that you went on a trip with you and your dad!

I really hope you do this! It's on my list for our next trip, and I would love to hear how it is!

I always want to try and get a picture in each country with a hat on. I have yet to actually accomplish that!

Can't wait to hear all about the trip!

:wave2: Hi, thanks for following along. He's been my Disney partner in crime for the past few trips now :)

The goat is so cute! Looking forward to hearing about your trip

:wave2: Hi, thanks for following along. I loved that little goat, If I could get one as a pet and keep it in my apartment I totally would :)

Day 1 - March 18th- Travel Day

The alarm went off at 4:45 and I got out of bed a few minutes later. It’s Disney day yay!! :yay:

I finished packing up a few things and waited for my ride to pick me up. This time thankfully, she was on time unlike last year ha ha

The short drive to the airport was me informing my ride that she might not have to pick me up on Saturday. I have a 47-minute layover in Dallas and that is IF
the plane leaves Orlando on time. So, there is a good chance I’ll be spending the night in Dallas.

She dropped me off at the curb and I promise to text her and let her know whether she needs to drive to the airport in a week or not. But that is a week away so no need to worry about that now, I got a whole week in Disney to look forward to!

I love how quiet the airport is in the morning.

I get through security quickly and to my gate a few minutes later. I also see this crowd of people.

I sent it to my Mom and Dad saying that that will be me sleeping on the floor in a week ha ha.
My Dad responds with the not fun words “now delayed at least 1 hour” :(:scared1:
We texted back and forth for a while but in the end my Dad’s flight being delayed around an hour means he will most likely miss our flight to Orlando. The whole 47-minute flight to Dallas, I’m panicking about what is going to happen and how delayed my Dad’s flight really is.

I made it to Dallas and to our departure gate. I find the nearest Customer Service desk (which just so happens to be right next to our departure gate) and talk to someone about our dilemma. Sadly, I didn’t catch her name, but the woman behind the desk was so helpful. I tell her our story and the pickle we are in and she tells me basically he has until 10 minutes before our 10:55 flight to make it to the gate or he will get pushed to the next one at 12:15. I called my Mom and told her the same thing the customer service woman told me and my Mom asked if I could get bumped to my Dad’s flight with him. So I went back to Customer Service and I asked her if there is any way I can get bumped to that one too and she basically tells me no. Apparently, she saw how distraught I was about it she told me to be the last person to board the flight and if my Dad hasn’t made it yet to the gate to go see her. So thankfully we have a plan now but it will just be easier if my Dad’s flight makes it and he can get to the gate in 20 minutes… seems simple right…

I spent the next hour sitting and hoping that all the good juju I could muster would get my Dad to Dallas on time. I ate breakfast and grabbed him some, just in case he makes it. I keep checking the American Airlines app and it shows his flight landed at 10:15. I texted him and he didn’t respond, I keep texting and nothing. The same time I hear “this is your final boarding call”. The lady at the Customer Service desk looks at me and can see my worry. She says if “he doesn’t make it, I got you a seat on the next one”. I called my Dad and he says he’s still on the tram, I tell him to run.

I go up to the departure gate and ask the woman how much time I have until the door closes, 6 minutes.

I look and in the distance and see a red jacket running my way.

I yell at the customer service lady "Thank you!" as we both run by. That's when she yells at my Dad "You must be Dad" :hug:

We board with 3 minutes to spare! Some good juju there!

I texted my Mom “Got him. On plane”

We hurried just to sit in line to leave for 16 minutes…

We’re finally wheels up a few minutes after 11 and saying goodbye to Dallas.

I took a whole 10-minute nap, if even. So, I decided to watch 2 episodes of the Blacklist on Netflix. Even though I’ve seen every episode, I still love that show. On the flight my Dad was able to check something off his bucket list. Since he didn’t have enough time to go to the bathroom before the flight he had to use the airplane bathroom.

At some point we flew over some fluffy clouds.

I drank my apple juice and ate some gummy worms and 30 minutes later we caught our first glimpse of Florida this year.

And 20 minutes later, we were officially in Florida.

It was around this time that I checked the American Airlines app to check to see where my suitcase is. It showed it in Dallas still… pickles.

I kept refreshing it while we were waiting to get off the plane. Still showing it in Dallas. Guess I’ll have to go talk to someone at the baggage claim area and see if they know anything else.

We made it to the tram and see a sea of people :scared:

Well that’s promising

We stopped at baggage claim to talk to someone about my bag. She said that it’s a 50/50 chance that it didn’t get scanned when it was loaded on the plane versus it still sitting in Dallas. If it is sitting in Dallas when someone notices it sitting there they will put it on the next plane and then they will deliver it to my resort. But she also said there was a chance the labels got ripped off and it will show up on the carrousel. So off we went and watched other people’s suitcases go around and around for 15 minutes. When it didn’t show up I went back to baggage claim and filed a lost luggage claim. Now let’s hope it shows up or I’m stuck wearing the same thing tomorrow, but that’s something to worry about later. We are officially on vacation now!

We went through our first Mickey to Mickey line with our Magicbands and were directed to lane 6. We waited around 15 minutes and then we boarded our happy bus.

We saw some huge building that they are working on nearby. Anyone know what it is? We didn’t hear anything and wonder what they would be building.

Shortly after we were driving by but not under the arch.

All the construction…

We stopped at Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, French Quarter, then Riverside was last. By the time we pulled into Old Key West I got a text saying our room was ready.

We got to our resort and I stopped to ask Bell Services about my bag, if American delivered it where would it be versus if Magical Express delivered it. She took my name and said she would be on the lookout for it.

We went and got our refillable mugs, I went with pink and my Dad got purple.
Also, I love that French Quarter has one of the soda machines that has a million different options. As someone who doesn't drink sodas, blue powerade and lemonade can get kind of tiring after a week. So I went with purple powerade ha ha :rotfl:
Then it was off to find our room. We had room 3327 so 3rd building 3rd floor 27th room. We found the 3rd building, it was super close to the lobby and food court. Then again everything is in that resort since it is so small, which I loved!! We made it to the 3rd floor and found our room.

My Dad and I took turns taking pictures of things and looking around the room.

The view outside our window

I showed Stacey some love

We had a 7:05 reservation for ‘Ohana. It’s our traditional first night dinner. We made our way to the bus stop by 5:30.

We grabbed a bus and headed to the Magic Kingdom, then we moseyed our way to the monorail headed towards the Poly.
We were 'holding for traffic' for a few minutes at each stop.
We made it to the Poly, man I love that resort :love:
We stopped at the lobby for some buttons but they didn’t have the family reunion buttons anymore so we got some “I’m celebrating” buttons and attached them to ourselves.

We checked in by 6:30 and I noticed that the CM who checked us in was from New Mexico State University, my alma mater and the local college in my hometown.

We were seated by 7:10 and had a nice view of the castle from our seat. I ordered a Lapu Lapu, it had been on my Disney list for a while now.

When that first sip of rum hits you ha ha :rotfl:

Shortly after the food train started :)

We realized about half way through that if we take our time eating we could catch Wishes from our seats.

Which we did easily. It was so nice watching Wishes from the Poly. It had been on my list for a while now too. Even with people at the table next to us we still had a nice view.

We cashed out 2 table service credits during Wishes so we waited until it was over and made our way for the monorail.

We waited about 10 minutes for the monorail to show up and we loaded up. Then we stopped right before the stop at the Magic Kingdom, it was only a 5-minute stop but that was enough to get everyone talking about what would happen if it got stuck here forever or had to swim to escape, um let’s not think that please…

We made it to our bus stop a few minutes later and ended up waiting 3 minutes for a bus. All the way back to the resort I’m hoping for some good juju and my suitcase being there, otherwise I’m off to go do some laundry.

We walked in and guess what…

It made it!! :banana: Yes, I gave it a hug. I was so happy to have my suitcase.

We unpacked a bit and then I called my Mom and we told her all about our day so far.

The alarm was set for 5:30. We had 8:00am Extra Magic Hours at Hollywood Studios the next morning.

Step count for the day was

According to my fitbit, I was asleep around midnightish.

Things I marked off of my Disney list this day... :Pinkbounc
-Lapu Lapu :laughing:
-Wishes from the Poly

Last edited:
So happy your dad made the flight in Dallas and your suitcase made it yippee! The drink is a Lapu Lapu lol, you were close with the name. You lucked out with your table at Ohana, great Wishes view. We have stayed once at the POFQ and liked the size as well.

YEAH!!!! Your suitcase made it!

Man that was one hell of a travel day! Glad you made it and were able to keep your dinner reservation!

Tame tame is on my next trip wish list and and go to Ohana!

It sure was an adventure, one for the books :) I really needed a drink after that day ha ha

So happy your dad made the flight in Dallas and your suitcase made it yippee! The drink is a Lapu Lapu lol, you were close with the name. You lucked out with your table at Ohana, great Wishes view. We have stayed once at the POFQ and liked the size as well.

Ha ha where did I come up with Tamu? ha ha gracious me. Reason 1 why I shouldn't be typing after a full work day :laughing::laughing: I fixed it so it makes sense now. Thanks for pointing that out :lmao:

Great update! Lost luggage is one of my biggest fears! I'm trying to snag an 'Ohana adr for our first night. It's been a pain getting ressies for this upcoming trip.

Great update! Lost luggage is one of my biggest fears! I'm trying to snag an 'Ohana adr for our first night. It's been a pain getting ressies for this upcoming trip.

Thanks :) Yeah my luggage has been delayed a bit when I go home to visit my family but that's not bad because it's my parents house and I can find clothes from high school to wear or go buy some. But in Disney it just feels different if I were to lose it. Thank goodness it showed up.. arg that wasn't a pleasant feeling :confused: I always book dining reservations before I book flights or the room ha ha. I'm already planning out next trip :thumbsup2 Good luck with reservations!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter