"Please try to look normal" A Spring Break 2017 Trip *complete 7/21*

MK_PARTRIGHT_20170323_7984459262_zpsnxf40h4j.jpeg

We said good night to Magic Kingdom and were at our bus stop by 10:50

Our bus showed up a few minutes later and we were back at our resort around 11:15. I showered and called my Mom around 11:45. We talked for 25 minutes then I called it a night around 12:30.

IMG_3675_zpssovjm9rg.jpg

Things I marked off of my Disney list this day... :Pinkbounc
-Mine Train before opening
-Once Upon a Time
-Be Our Guest breakfast
I don't usually reply for trip reports but I gotta say, I love you and your dad! It reminds me so much of me and my dad. I'm like "why don't we never go to Disney together?!?" Lol. Seriously, y'all are cute and I found myself getting anxious reading about your dad losing his phone then enraged about the missing credits and that someone may have used them. So glad it all got fixed.

This might be off topic, but how is it that you can get a prescription from an online doctor visit? I've never even heard of an online doctor visit. Do they take insurance?

It's something the hospital/doctors office does. It's for basic check ups; sinus issues, pinkeye, back problems, headache, kinda things. It's just like a regular visit with your normal doctor. This was the first time I've used one. It's amazing. I just filled out a questionnaire about what hurts and stuff and they emailed me back the next day with what sounded like I had, some prescriptions, and directions if it didn't subside in a few days. The stuff they gave me helped so I consider it a success :thumbsup2

Loving your report! Glad your dad was able to get a phone sent to him so quickly! It is no fun to be without one.

Thanks :) Yes, it was a good thing my Mom was still home, otherwise there was no way to get one there. We talk about it and he says, it all worked out but at the time it was super stressful :worried:

Great TR! You guys are the epitome of the early bird gets the worm! 4:45 is insanely early!

I'm not an early bird by choice ha ha, for work I drag myself awake by 5:15 so 4:45 wasn't that different lol, plus it's Disney and that's worth it :lovestruc :thumbsup2

I don't usually reply for trip reports but I gotta say, I love you and your dad! It reminds me so much of me and my dad. I'm like "why don't we never go to Disney together?!?" Lol. Seriously, y'all are cute and I found myself getting anxious reading about your dad losing his phone then enraged about the missing credits and that someone may have used them. So glad it all got fixed.

Yeah he's a great little travel buddy. I've become closer to both my parents ironically the farther away I moved from home :lovestruc:hug: Especially being an only child :) The whole credit thing happened last year too, but I didn't realize until the later in the day. This trip I made sure to check every receipt right away and that's when I noticed it and took care of it right away :)

great trip report! I usually only read dining reports...but when I saw the title of yours, I laughed out loud. I say the exact thing to my children all the time!!! They are horrid at taking pics unless they are selfies. mercy. (I also tell them, "Act right! As far as anyone knows, we are a normal family.")

Great planning with the BOG pre park breakfast, we did that once and we were also able to ride the mine train before others. Glad to see your dad got his new phone. I love the FoF parade.

It's something the hospital/doctors office does. It's for basic check ups; sinus issues, pinkeye, back problems, headache, kinda things. It's just like a regular visit with your normal doctor. This was the first time I've used one. It's amazing. I just filled out a questionnaire about what hurts and stuff and they emailed me back the next day with what sounded like I had, some prescriptions, and directions if it didn't subside in a few days. The stuff they gave me helped so I consider it a success :thumbsup2

Thanks :) Yes, it was a good thing my Mom was still home, otherwise there was no way to get one there. We talk about it and he says, it all worked out but at the time it was super stressful :worried:

I'm not an early bird by choice ha ha, for work I drag myself awake by 5:15 so 4:45 wasn't that different lol, plus it's Disney and that's worth it :lovestruc :thumbsup2

Yeah he's a great little travel buddy. I've become closer to both my parents ironically the farther away I moved from home :lovestruc:hug: Especially being an only child :) The whole credit thing happened last year too, but I didn't realize until the later in the day. This trip I made sure to check every receipt right away and that's when I noticed it and took care of it right away :)
I'm definitely gonna check every single receipts. I usually do that at the grocery stores and the rare times I don't, of course I get charged extra! Thanks for teaching me a great tip for my first trip!

great trip report! I usually only read dining reports...but when I saw the title of yours, I laughed out loud. I say the exact thing to my children all the time!!! They are horrid at taking pics unless they are selfies. mercy. (I also tell them, "Act right! As far as anyone knows, we are a normal family.")

Thanks :) Usually the titles for my reports are things that someone else has said ha ha. We kept catching conversations but we kept saying nothing can beat that one ha ha. I have said it to my students on more then one occasion too :laughing:

Great planning with the BOG pre park breakfast, we did that once and we were also able to ride the mine train before others. Glad to see your dad got his new phone. I love the FoF parade.

We did a Crystal Palace breakfast on our last day a couple of years ago. It's always hard to plan for them because ideally you want to be done with breakfast before the park is opened but Disney changes their minds and park hours a lot so it's always a gamble to take, but this time it worked out perfectly ::yes:: :)

I'm definitely gonna check every single receipts. I usually do that at the grocery stores and the rare times I don't, of course I get charged extra! Thanks for teaching me a great tip for my first trip!

It happens to be at the grocery store too ha ha. They scan something twice or forget to scan my coupon :confused3 At Disney, I feel it's rare, as many times as we have 'cashed out' for meals in 6 years it has happened twice, but that was in the past 2 trips. I always keep them too because I've had a coffee cup break on the trip back and I tell merchandise and they take care of it :)

I've been working on this update for what seems like forever. Darn work ha ha :surfweb:
We are in the last lap of the year, 10 more school days :) It's been a busy few weeks here, 2 weeks ago we had A LOT of rain, last week we had a potluck at work, then the next day one of my co-workers daughters got married so almost all of the Pre-K staff went.

The bridge almost gone and bottom floor of the mill is missing :(

We ended up with around 14 inches over the course of the week. It was crazy how flooded some places got.

My lunch crew, I eat with them everyday.. look it's Jalena :yay:

Patricia and Crystal. Patricia was the first person I worked with. She was my co-teacher/assistant but now she has her own classroom right down the hall from me. Crystal is another Disney fan. Lately she's been making Disney shirts with her vinyl machine (she may or may not have made me one for our last day :ssst: ::yes::)

The crew. I really think our group made up half of all the wedding guests :laughing: :woohoo:It was a fun night and I haven't laughed that long in a really long time :laughing::rotfl:

Ok let's get the next day updated shall we :cheer2:

Day 6 - March 23rd - Animal Kingdom

The alarm went off around 6:00 and we were out the door at 6:45. A bus picked us up a few minutes later, we had a whole bus to ourselves :)

I texted Jalena and told her I would be on the lookout for her today and told her what I was wearing. We had a 12:50 lunch reservation at Whispering Canyon Cafe so we were going to leave a bit early but we were going to try to catch up at some point today.

We got to AK and got through security a few minutes later. That’s when security made my Dad turn in his GoPro camera handle. He went and dropped it off at Guest Relations while I went and found a spot in line.

First in line again...

And a little photobomb by the CM behind me ha ha

She offered to take our picture :)

Guess we were really early…

We kept ourselves busy for a while before they let us in around 8:15... but we didn’t get far

We kept ourselves busy by talking for a while about our plans for the day and the chances of rain for the day, then they let us in a bit farther :)

Our fastpasses for the day were:
Everest 4:55-5:55
Safaris 5:55-6:55
Rivers of Light

We still had around 10 minutes to wait around, we made friends with the people next to us. A lady saw my button and commented on how her and her son were on a mother/son trip. The birds (macaws?) flew by and then the race was on.

We were heading to Everest like we do by cutting through Dinoland.

We made it to Everest and on our train a few minutes later. We ended up in row 6

When we were done we realized the wait time showed 15 minutes so we decided why not again

We thought about round 3 but wanted to go hit Dinosaur before we left for lunch.
The wait time was posted 15 minutes but it was more of a 10-minute wait.

When we get down to the loading section the CM says we can pick row 2 or 3, there was a family of 3 in row 1. So, we picked 3 and sat on opposite sides.

Save me Dad ha ha

We decided to go do A Bug’s Life but it was closed. Kilimanjaro Safaris had a 35-minute wait and we said lets go.

But first…

Me and my weirdo smile ha ha

Again, didn’t get far

[
Again with that smile Margaret ha ha

Whoa I took be surprised very seriously

We thanked the CM and off we went. Eventually we would make it to Kilimanjaro Safaris ha ha

We finally made it in line by 10.

Standby was still posted 35 minutes, and time moved quickly, there was a family in front of us who haven’t been to Disney World before, they’ve done Disneyland many times. They asked our opinions on what rides to do at EPCOT and which ones are more important and a can’t miss.

We were on our safari and on our way shortly later.

A giraffe and some people’s arms ha ha

My cat is doing the same thing right now ha ha

After our safari, we stopped by the gorillas and saw this big guy, but he was walking away so I caught a picture of his backside ha ha

We decided it was around 11 now so we should make our way to the bus stop and head out to lunch.

We made it out of the park, but not far.

Last edited:

Our bus showed up around 11:30 and we were on our way :)

Jalena texted me and asked where we were, I let her know we had just left for lunch and should be back in a few hours.

We were got to the Wilderness Lodge early so we just found a spot in the lobby and rested, also, played with snapchat ha ha

We charged phones and I checked the weather too. It showed some rain coming in soon.

My Dad and I took turns going to the bathroom. When he came back I decided to go check in. We checked in and waited about 5 minutes before our buzzer went off and we were seated against the window in the back. Every time we have come to eat here it’s never busy which is a nice getaway from the crowds.

Our server Chad came by and took our orders
We always get the same thing, were creatures of habit for sure ha ha.
We ordered our shakes and our food.

Our food showed up a few minutes later and this time I got a picture ha ha not like last year

They had the kids horse race and one little kid was in a dead sprint the whole time, I couldn’t stop laughing but the teacher part of me was yelling to myself “no running”.

We barely finished the first plate when he asked if we wanted more, for some unknown reason we said ok.

We picked at the next plate and then had to stop… then we remembered we have dessert coming. Thankfully it was small.

I went with the cheesecake again :)

We cashed out and made our way to the bus stop around 2:00.
We waited for our bus and watched the rain clouds roll in.

Our bus showed up a few minutes later and we were off to stop at the Contemporary.

We ended up back at AK about 2:30. I texted Jalena on the way in saying we were back. Since I didn’t know where she was, we decided to hang around the gift shops until she texted back.

When she hadn’t by the time we walked around the gift shop, we decided to hit up the photopass person nearby.

We decided to hit up It’s a Bug’s Life next, since it was out of order all morning.

But first we tried to sneak a peek at World of Avatar first, but no luck. Next year it will be though :)

So, we made our way back to visit some bugs.
The show was adorable as ever :)

Then as we were walking out my Dad realized he dropped his new sunglasses in with the bug glasses. He said to forget it but I was determined to find his black sunglasses in a black bag with other black glasses. It consisted of me grabbing handfuls out of glasses out of the bag… it took me a while but dang if I didn’t find them. I may have been on the receiving ends of weird faces though :scared:

By the time we saved the sunglasses the clouds opened up. We grabbed our raincoats out of my backpack and joined the crowds. But we didn’t make it far, it wasn’t a sprinkle, it was a nice little downpour. We parked ourselves across from Tusker House and people watched.

We toughed out the small downpour and typical Florida rain, it ended 10 minutes later. Around that time Jalena texted me saying they were in the Lion King show and heading towards the Finding Nemo show. Since we had a fastpass for Everest in an hour I texted her we would meet in that area. We checked the radar and it showed some rain maybe coming soon, so we kept our rain coats on and made our way to Everest.

But wait… we spotted a photopass that was closed off last year :)

Last year it was our celebrating life button that had a mini photoshoot, this year our father/daughter trip button

After our pictures, we planted ourselves on the ledge next to the bathrooms. We people watched for a while until Jalena texted me saying the Finding Nemo show had ended and they were making their way our way. We decided to meet in front of the drop by Everest.

We made our way to Everest and I did my best to try and find her or her husband in the crowd. A few moments later I see a woman struggling with her stroller, then I realize I know her ha ha. It was Jalena pushing her boys and her husband following along. I give her a hug, say hi to her boys and husband, and introduced them to my Dad. We all talked a bit about how our trips are going; we lost a cell phone and almost a suitcase and she was having family drama ha ha. After chatting and talking about plans for the rest of the trip and planning to catch up again tomorrow at MK we took a picture and said bye :goodvibes

We still had some time until our fastpass window opened so my Dad decided to run to the bathroom, while I stood here wondering, I hope he can find me.

He did ha ha, as soon as he got back our window opened. While we were going in line I checked the weather and it said ‘raining’ even though it wasn’t. Since we didn’t want to get soaked on Everest if it suddenly decided to rain and we needed a different ride photo we donned our rain jackets.

I planned on pulling the strings tight so that all you could see is my sunglasses and nose but when I pulled it, when we were stopped before the drop, I heard a snap and something fall. So, I just grabbed the strings and pulled ha ha. I figured out later the stopper that kept the string from going around the hood snapped off, I just tied it in a knot so it still works. I actually wore it to work pretty much every day for a week when we had all that rain.

After Everest, we made our way to our next fastpass but we had about 35 minutes so we took our time.

We made it to Kilimanjaro Safaris and had some time so I ran to the restroom while my Dad made a work call (now that he had his phone he couldn’t avoid work and the person calling was a big wig)

Our window opened so off we went. The line moved quickly. I had heard good things about doing the safaris later, so I was looking forward to it.

We were stopped by the hippos and our guide was telling us how they stay under water for so long and only come up to eat. Right at that time the hippo comes up and decides to go to the bathroom. Well there was also a small child in our vehicle who yelled “eww he pooped” everyone couldn’t help but laugh because he sounded equally grossed out and excited. Our CM laughed and reminded us all “everyone poops”. I bet you that’s all that kid remembers from his trip to Disney ha ha.

We kept going on our safari all the while the little boy kept laughing and telling everyone about the hippo.

Usually the cheetah is sleeping when I’ve seen him. It’s nice to see him up and around.

Even the lions were moving around.

Overall, I liked the later in the evening safari. I don’t know if I would like it if it was dark, but all the animals seemed to be eating dinner and moving around.

Last edited:
It was 6:00ish now and we decided to go find a spot in line for Rivers of Light.

We found the fastpass line and a spot to sit and people watched.

I planted myself under a sign, my Dad reminded me to get up carefully, otherwise I would probably end up in the hospital with a nice head wound ha ha no way to spend your vacation.

Time passed quickly and they let us in around 7.

We found a spot that seemed like a good place to sit.

Sent a selfie to my Mom :)

We made friends with the people around us. There were 3 CM’s in front of who were talking about what changes are coming.

Standby opened up and the rush of people starting coming in.

It really filled up fast. It ended up being standing room only

The show started at 8:30. I grabbed a few pictures but wanted to watch it mostly.

Overall, I enjoyed it. Will we watch it next time? Probably but not use a fastpass on it, but we watched it, so that’s all that matters.

We joined the crowd to see the awakening on the Tree of Life.

We made our way to the entrance and my Dad stopped at Guest Services to pick up his GoPro handle.

We picked it up and joined the masses that was the Port Orleans bus stop.

We decided to get as close to a door as possible since we were the first stop.

We ended up on the second bus and right next to the back door. We left AK and joined the millions of other cars on the road. It ended up taking us about 30 minutes to get back to French Quarter. We stopped for dinner and took it back to our rooms.

I grabbed a cheeseburger :)

Even at 10:30 it was really yummy

I took a shower, called my Mom, & talked about our plans for our last full day tomorrow.

I called it a night around 11:45 but according to my fitbit didn’t fall asleep until around 12:20.

-Rivers of Light

Last edited:
Great update, we always cut through Dino land to get to EE as well! The evening at AK looks really fun, the RoL show is on our to do list for August, along with Pandora. I love all the different magic shots in you PP pictures.

AK is my second favorite park. I'm sorry about all the flooding in your area, that is no fun, we have had non stop rain over the past couple days.

I just read your whole report so far its awesome. I love the relationship you have with your dad, I hope to have that with my sons when they get older. Hopefully they will let me take them to Disney too!

Great update! Glad you got to see Rivers of Light - we missed it when we were there!

Great update, we always cut through Dino land to get to EE as well! The evening at AK looks really fun, the RoL show is on our to do list for August, along with Pandora. I love all the different magic shots in you PP pictures.

AK is my second favorite park. I'm sorry about all the flooding in your area, that is no fun, we have had non stop rain over the past couple days.

We've cut through Dinoland and it seems like the same amount of time but less people. You look around now and you can't even tell we had all that rain besides the grass being a little greener :laughing: We're finally out of the drought though so that's good. Have fun in August, since I signed my teaching contract for next year, we're already planning our next trip :) :banana:

I just read your whole report so far its awesome. I love the relationship you have with your dad, I hope to have that with my sons when they get older. Hopefully they will let me take them to Disney too!

Thanks :) We do have a good relationship, we always have but now that I'm older and live away from home, were closer then before :hug: He instilled my love of Disney at a young age so going as a grown up is a no brainer ha ha

Great update! Glad you got to see Rivers of Light - we missed it when we were there!

Thanks, we had to flip flop our days for it but it worked out. When they posted dates of the showings in January they didn't have it on the day we originally planned on being at AK so we flipped EPCOT day 2 and AK day :thumbsup2

Hey everyone :wave:Finally I'm back with an update. Summer vacation started officially yesterday :woohoo::coffee:

Year 7 of teaching is over and who knows where it went. The years just seem to be going by faster and faster each year. My brain is already thinking about next year so there's no stopping teacher brains from working :rolleyes1

Also, I made our end of year slide show for school so I also pieced together all the goPro clips my Dad sent me and made a little movie of our trip. It's really rough and choppy but we already decided that next year my Dad was going to get more shots of us in it :laughing: but if you wanna watch what should have been titled "Margaret makes weird faces and her Dad films them all" :rotfl:

Day 7 - March 24th - Magic Kingdom
The alarm went off at 5:15 and we were up and moving a few minutes later. MK had extra magic hours so we had to be out the door soon. Our Tragical Express envelope was on the door… I checked our pick-up time 10:15, not too bad. We finished packing our bag for the day.

We were out the door about an hour ago.

The bus stop showed up a few minutes later and off we went. sad face. Last bus ride of the trip

We got to the park and were successful. 6 for 6 being first in line

We passed time by talking about what we wanted to do today and the fact that I needed to be on the lookout for Jalena again today.

Our fastpasses for the day were:
Mine Train 11:10 - 12:10
Haunted Mansion 1:30 - 2:30
Splash Mountain 3:15 - 4:15

We also had a lunch reservation at Skipper Canteen at 12:25, a new place we haven’t tried and were excited to try.

They let us in at 8:45 and we joined the mad dash.

Since we had done Space Mountain and we had a fastpass for Mine Train we decided to visit Buzz since it was down last time.

We walked on... 6 times ha ha. We beat our record of 5 from last trip.

6 times in a row is kinda tiring lol

At one point my Dad was in charge of driving and we were going in circles and laughing.
When we got off the ride the kids in front of us were asking how my Dad had 600,000 points. Which wasn’t even his highest this trip. So, we shared some info and off he ran to tell his friend. In the end, my Dad won 4-2.

We wandered out of Tomorrowland and were off to Adeventureland. We decided to go visit Pirates.

I took some pictures but they were all blurry.. poo.

It was around 9:30 and we decided to go and visit Big Thunder.
I snapped a picture as I walked by

Afterwards we decided we needed a little something to tie us over until lunch.

Churros for breakfast :)

We decided we still had sometime until our 11:00 fastpass so we visited to visit an oldie but a tradition.

Had to send a picture to my Mom so she knew where we were

My Dad not so happy ha ha

Little happy penguins. Whoo hoo the Penguins won last night :thumbsup2:woohoo:

I really think I had a dress very similar to this when I was younger

Hey that’s us :goodvibes

Since we were close to the bathroom I felt like taking a shirt to show off my shirt that Crystal made me.

I love that shirt, I even wear it to WalMart ha ha

Hello crowds

We were off to see one of my favorite shows

I laughed at my Dad and had to keep reminding him that he needed to make sure he put the right glasses in the bin. I didn’t feel like climbing in another glasses bin this trip.

Last edited:
We found somewhere to sit and keep ourselves busy for a few minutes.

We looked at the backside of the castle for a while until our fastpass window opened up.

I love the faces of the people in front of us ha ha

When we were done with Mine Train it was still early and we decided to wander around until something jumped out at us.

Clearly I as excited about going around on the Tea Cups, my Dad not so much ha ha

Clearly it was a busy week…

It was a nice cloud covered day

It was 12:00 and we decided to venture off towards our lunch reservation.

We checked in and made ourselves comfy for awhile. A few minutes passed and the hostess called our name. As we got closer we saw on his nametag that he was a local. I totally forgot to catch his name but he was from 4 hours North of my hometown.

We were seated and our server Robin was out shortly.
She took our drink order and off she went. I ordered Melon Frosty because I love it :)
She brought drinks and bread around as well as took our order. My Dad went with the pork and I went with the pasta.

The bread was yummy, then again, I love honey and bread

Our server thought I wanted another one, I was going to ask for a water though. I’ll take it though :)

The pasta was pretty good a little dry but still good

My Dad had the pork and I took a piece, again it was a little dry but good.

The table ordered pork too and apparently was very unhappy with it. She complained to the server, very loudly and unhappily too.

I flipped through the dessert menu several times before I decided on the rice pudding. My grandma used to make the best rice pudding when I was growing up, boy do I miss it now that she’s gone.

It was actually really good too…

We cashed out or last table service credits and off we went.
It was about 1:30 when we were done and on the way out, off to Haunted Mansion for our fastpass.

We finished taking our pictures by 2:30 so we decided why shouldn’t we go see Festival of Fantasy. We missed it last year so we were going to make sure we caught it this time around. We wandered over there and found a railing to lean against for about 10 minutes before the parade started.

Pluto was in a good mood ha ha

The end of the parade ended at the perfect time, we were on our way to Splash Mountain. It was up and running today which was a relief since it was down the whole day last time we were at MK.

We got through the FP line super quick. I was trying to make a new fastpass and I was putting electronics in the bag when they asked for a party of 2 and we skipped to the front of the line. I barely got stuff in my bag and I couldn’t get my fastpass picked before we were off and going.

We were bored… ha ha we totally ran out of photo options for this trip. I’m thinking props next year.

Note my Dad’s soaking wet shirt. We ended up getting soaked on the drop, when someone else went down and we were going around. They obviously had the jets on high that day ha ha.

We figured we needed to dry out a little, so a trip on the peoplemover sounded like a brilliant idea. I finally was able to make a fastpass for Pirates at 6:30 because that’s really what was left and it sounded like a great idea.

We caught the last 10 minutes of the Muppets show in Liberty Square, we weren’t super close so I didn’t get any decent pictures, But I liked it. It made me giggle and I love the small history aspect of it :)

Of course, we didn’t end up going far

We made it to the peoplemover and were moving along a few minutes later

Yeah that’s the standby line... yikes

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
We parked ourselves and made ourselves comfy.

I decided to go grab some pretzels and water. Cream cheese for me and regular for my Dad.

We passed time people watching and just taking it the sights and sounds of our last night.

That’s when we learned/noticed something very interesting this time around.

There was a woman sitting at the end of the bench area and she was leaning against the back of the bench and she looked exhausted. After a while I looked over and said oh that’s not good. Poor woman got sick all over the floor. She tossed her cookies all over the floor. Ugh I hate being sick I totally understand lady. Of course, people kept staring at her as she was being sick, which is the last thing anyone wants. Having an audience as you’re being sick.

I thought about helping but what could I do. All I do in my classroom is make sure they have a trashcan nearby but that seemed weird to try and shove her in a trashcan ha ha.

She laid there texting someone and a few minutes a group of girls come over and give her hugs and laugh at her.

They all get off and go somewhere leaving the floor all yucky. Not 3 minutes later a CM comes by and just stands next to it. A few minutes later a custodial CM comes by and sprinkles the stuff on it, the one that smells like pine trees. We use it at school too ha ha. In case anyone needs it, they keep it in the trashcans. That custodian CM cleans it and says something into her walkie. 5 minutes later here comes another CM with a pile of towels. Between the 2 of them they get the whole mess cleaned up and all traces of it gone in under 10 minutes. While that seemed normal for some people, for whatever reason we found it fascinating. No CM’s walked by until that random one showed up and he didn’t tell anyone walking by or walkie anyone. So, some camera somewhere showed them that they needed to come clean it up.

Which caused us to look around trying to find where the cameras would be hiding. Made for a good 30-minute discussion.

We were just in awe of the fact that it all happened in under 10 minutes and the only time someone talked on the walkie was when the custodial CM called for more towels.

I guess the little things that amuse us lol.

We decided to get moving towards our next fastpass spot.

We used our Pirates fastpass and as we were walking I looked to see what else they had. All they had was Buzz at 10:10, ride it 7 times in 1 day. Why not? Ha ha

After pirates, I got a text from Jalena saying they were in the hub. So off we went to go say hi to their family.

Of course, looking for a group of people in a group of people is difficult but I look over and see this poor little boy having a major meltdown. Then I realize I know him, it was Jalena’s son ha ha.

We wander over there and we hangout for about 20 minutes, we shared stories about our day, they got evacuated from Splash Mountain. Then we took a picture, because if there is no picture it didn’t happen.

We said bye and that we would see each other at work on Monday. My Dad and I decide that its 7:30 and seems like a decent time to try and get some dinner. Off to Columbia Harbor House we go.

I ordered and my Dad went upstairs to find a spot. He texted me saying he found a little corner table. I grab the food and off I go to hopefully not fall up the stairs ha ha.

I find my Dad and we eat a nice and relaxing dinner.

There was talk of looking at the line for the lantern picture but I knew it was going to be crazy but we were going to hit the bathroom anyways. We see the line is already at the Liberty Bell so that’s a no go this time around. But we stopped for a bathroom break and plant ourselves and just people watch.

It was almost 9 so we decide to head off to our normal fireworks spot for one last Wishes.

I grabbed some pictures of the finale and there may or may not have been a tear or two. The last showing of Wishes I was seeing and the last night of the trip.

The plan was to catch the Kiss Goodnight this trip and since the park was opened until 11 so we still had some time. We decided to venture off into Tomorrowland because we had a Buzz fastpass coming up in 30 minutes.

But it was still early so Peoplemover time.

We still had time so we found a spot and sat and people watched some more. Tomorrowland at night is so pretty and fun to just appreciate it.

Our fastpass window opened and off we go to see if I could at least get 1 more win closer to beating my Dad.

I lost… 5-2 this trip. I still beat him at Toy Story though

It was 10:45 now so off we go to our ceremonial last ride of the trip.

Peoplemover one more time :)

Afterwards, now seems like a good time to go get our ice cream to tie us over for the Kiss Goodnight.

My Dad found a table and I got in line, which was already out the door.

In the distance, I see the sign for the donut sundae sign. Yay.

The closer I get to order the more excited I get. Then it happens. The CM’s point to the sign and mouth “no more donuts” boo… Sad Margaret now. I reach in my pocket for my phone and then I realize I left it in my backpack which is with my Dad at the table. I see him from the distance and I try my hardest to sign, mouth and act out that there are no more donuts and now we need to decide on something else. I tried to act out sandwich and he gave me a thumbs up so I guess that means he understood what I was trying to tell him. A few minutes later he snuck in the exit and I was able to finally tell him that yes, they are out of donuts and we need to get something else now. I suggest a vanilla ice cream cookie sandwich and he agrees. I ordered and used a snack credit and went off to find my Dad.

I could have used some better lighting but I really wanted to eat some ice cream.

It was 11:20 now and the park was as packed as it was at 3 this afternoon.

So we decide to take some last photopass pictures and do some shopping until hopefully the Kiss Goodnight.

When I was scanning my band for my picture the photographer told me that they are doing a ‘soft closing’ which meant that the park was still open and the big rides were still letting people in. I asked him about the kiss goodnight and he said he wasn’t sure when it would happen.

We decide to hit the giftshops on the way out.

We did some last minute shopping and spending what’s left of the gift cards in the emporium and then we go and get my mom a Mickey rice Krispy treat since my Dad gets her one every trip.

We said bye to the Magic Kingdom and made our way to the bus stop. We ended up being the 4th group of people in line, again, I love French Quarter. We waited about 10 minutes and after 17 hours of being on our feet and around people off we went back to the room.

We got back and boy was I tired now. We showered and started packing up. I called my Mom and told her about our day and told her to hope and pray that I make my flight home tomorrow. We have to leave Orlando on time, not even 15 minutes late or else I’m stuck in Dallas for the night.

I said goodnight and we set the alarm for 7:00. According to my fitbit I was asleep by 1:30.

-Skipper Canteen
- Buzz 7 times in one day

Last edited:
Wow, you two are really park commandos, you must need a vacation after your vacation lol!

We tried Skippers in Feb and thought it was okay, our service wasn't good, oh well.

7 times on Buzz, that is a lot of pictures poses, for sure. I think the most we have rode was 4x in a row. We also love the People mover. Glad to hear you are planning your next trip, will it be with your dad again?

I have enjoyed your TR.

Great TR! Looks like you guys had an awesome time. Except for the glasses and phone etc. parts!

Aww man! I just came across your TR and because of stupid photo bucket I can't see any of your pics!

Wow, you two are really park commandos, you must need a vacation after your vacation lol!

We tried Skippers in Feb and thought it was okay, our service wasn't good, oh well.

7 times on Buzz, that is a lot of pictures poses, for sure. I think the most we have rode was 4x in a row. We also love the People mover. Glad to hear you are planning your next trip, will it be with your dad again?

I have enjoyed your TR.

Thanks, we always say we didn't come to Disney to rest ha ha. Yeah were looking at Spring Break 2018 for our next father/daughter trip :hug:
Thanks for following along :goodvibes

Great TR! Looks like you guys had an awesome time. Except for the glasses and phone etc. parts!

Thanks! Yeah we really did have a great time, minus that whole day :laughing:

Aww man! I just came across your TR and because of stupid photo bucket I can't see any of your pics!

I fixed it :thumbsup2 Nothing like finally logging in to finish my trip report to see that. Gee thanks photo bucket, so I was determined to fix it, then finally finish the trip report ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter