"Please try to look normal" A Spring Break 2017 Trip *complete 7/21*

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading along so far :yay::wave2: I was going to update last night but photobucket was being weird so I'm going to do my best to get one done tonight while we're under the radar for severe weather... here's hoping the power doesn't go out and the tornado sirens don't go off :mad: :sad1:

Day 2 - March 19th- Hollywood Studios

The alarm went off at 5:30 and we were out the door around 6:30ish.

I got picked for 'additional security' and of course my Dad got a picture of it. Actually he took his go pro and sent me some stills of videos so I'll throw them in every once in awhile

We went through security and realized how empty it was. There were only like 5 other people on the bus with us.

Day 1 and first in line :)

Our fastpasses for the day were:
Tower of Terror 9:15-10:15
Star Tours 10:20-11:20
Toy Story 12:35-1:35

Where’s the sun?

There it is…

And there are the people

They let us in about 15 minutes early, to stop a bit farther up :crowded:

We joined the powerwalking crowd to Toy Story

I had bought my Dad a button online and it has Grumpy on it and says “They made me wear this” because I totally did make my Dad wear it :) and one of the CM’s saw it and giggled when she saw it and asked my Dad if I really did make him wear it and he said yes :laughing:

Round one:

I win, I win :thumbsup2

I checked wait times on the way out and Rockin’ Rollercoaster showed 20 minutes so we headed that direction.

But when we got there it showed 40 minutes, but we had nothing planned until TOT at 9:15 and it was only 8:30.

In the end, it was about 35 minutes but it seemed to pass quickly.

First photopass picture of the trip :)

Afterwards we still had 15-20 minutes until TOT so off we went to get some more photopass pictures

Now it was TOT time… ugh this ride. We have a complicated relationship.

I always have a minor nervous breakdown getting on this ride… once I’m on it, I’m fine, but it’s the prep of getting on that

:laughing::laughing:

I was a few seconds short on my pose but on video you can see it. The poor girl next to me sounded like she was hyperventilating. We got to the “end” and she was relieved it was over and then that moment you realize it wasn’t hit her and she screamed. Poor girl…. That’s when I realized that there was a little clown puppet sitting on the edge of a box and when I realized it and pointed out how freaky it was, she freaked out. What would have been scary is if it talked or moved... ugh

I grabbed my camera and planned on taking some pictures.

Well I got one picture, then we found a photopass guy

We had a star tours fastpass coming up soon so we wandered off in that direction when we decided to hit Muppets.

But again, got sidetracked :rotfl:

Olaf had a 10-minut wait so we waited and yes, I was the oldest person there ha ha.

It was precious :) I had wanted to meet him for a while now and it was all I expected :lovestruc That’s one of the things about being ‘older’ is sometimes characters don’t really interact, they just take a picture and off you go. Olaf was jumping and being silly.

We made it to Star Tours and took some pictures of all the construction and said we miss you Streets of America.

Then I realized how thirsty I was and since we had some time until Star Tours off we went to get something to drink.
Along the way is where the title for this years trip came from. We were passing by Sci-Fi and there was a Dad taking pictures of his kids. Apparently they were not cooperating, because all we hear when we walk by is "please try to look normal". We couldn't help but laugh because if anyone has seen my pictures knows that I tend to wander to the weird side on pictures sometimes ha ha. So we caught ourselves repeating that poor man all week :rotfl::rotfl2:

For some reason, none of the carts near us were open so we had to wander all the way back to the cart in front of the exit of The Great Movie Ride to find an open one.

We grabbed our waters and then we saw a photopass person just standing there so we wandered over to her.

Last edited:
Day 2 - March 19th- Hollywood Studios (part 2)

Now that our Star Tours window had opened we made it back over there.

My Dad missed being the Rebel Spy by 2 people…

We had a lunch reservation at 11:00 at 50’s Prime Time, like we do every year. So, we slowly powerwalked that direction.

The line was already out the door to check in by 10:55 so we joined them. We were checked in and waiting to be called a few minutes later.

Christian was our server and he was great. I always try to order something different every time I go, so this time around it was decided I was going to get the sampler and the peanut butter and jelly milkshake (which I always get ha ha). My Dad got pot roast and a chocolate shake.

Since I always get a gigantic ice cream and never even make an attempt to finish it, this time I went for something small, the cheesecake.

It was no sugar added and tasted a little bland but still was pretty good. It was small so it didn’t make me feel miserable so that’s a good thing, right? :)

As Christian was coming back with cups for our shakes he was singing “Jump in the Line (Shake, Señora)” and asked us where we know that song from and of course I answered Beetlejuice and he laughed and said he doesn’t know who that was and it was Harry Belafonte. Which it is but I know it as the Beetlejuice song. We laughed about it and my Dad said that if I had answered it correctly he wouldn’t have any response to it, which is true.

We cashed out and decided to hit Muppets since we still hadn’t made it there, 3rd times the charm right ha ha.

We made it to Muppets and it showed a 15-minute wait which really was more like 10. My love for Bean Bunny is still going strong and still nothing of him in the giftshop.

It was around 12:30 and we had 15 minutes until our Toy Story fastpass so we made our way that way and again got sidetracked... photopass!

r

We made it to our last fastpass of the day and as soon as we scanned it and made our way inside I went to the app to get another one, which I love by the way!!

They had another Toy Story for 1:30 or the Great Movie Ride and as much as I love the GMR I couldn’t pass up a chance to ride Toy Story 3 times in one day!

I win again! And since we had round 3 coming up soon, I was determined to try and get 200,000.

We walked out of Toy Story and since we had about 35 minutes we didn’t feel like venturing too far away, so we got an icee and found a place to sit.

Our fastpass window opened so back we went, we kept talking about what were the odds to get a fastpass for it at almost 1:00 in the afternoon. Maybe with the 3rd track it seems like there’s more fastpasses or maybe we were just lucky.

Ah man… missed it by that much...

Not the best by any means but by personal best so I’m happy with it

Afterwards we really had no ‘plan’ but I have the Visa Rewards and always forget to get my picture taken at EPCOT and now that they have one at HS I decided why not go take a picture.

So off we went. It took me a minute of asking directions and trying to maneuver around people to find the entrance but we did. My Dad and I were talking about who we were going to meet. Since we knew it had to be a Star Wars character it was either going to be Kylo Ren or Darth Vader….

We turned the corner and…

We said thank you for our picture and left… he is a really intimidating meet and greet but I did secretly love it.

Since we were done with rides for the day we decided to get a fastpass for Fantasmic for the evening and hit up some giftshops. I had an order of getting a Darth Vader coffee cup for my husband’s friend.

But first a snack stop. I had wanted the carrot cake cookie for years now but every time we get to the end of the day, I never have room or I’m too full to get it. Well thankfully lunch’s dessert was small so I had enough room to at least try it and my Dad grabbed some powerades.

A CM was walking by and saw the excitement on my face and asked if I’ve had it before and I said no. He commented on that I should share it and I laughed because my Dad for whatever reason, doesn’t like cheese... or coffee… Seriously how am I his child? Ha ha

Man was it yummy but I only got about 3/4 of the way through before I had to toss it.

Some lady had walked by and commented how good it looked, I should have found her and given her the rest ha ha.

We were going to head to the Star Wars store across the way but we saw someone else first… yup photopass. If you read any of my other trip reports you know how much we love hitting up photopass and this trip was no different.

We asked him for a photo and he says sure then he looks at us and smiled and asked, “Didn’t I take your picture already today?” Why yes, he did. I couldn’t stop laughing at the fact that he remembered us hours later. How many pictures had he taken since he saw us in the morning but still apparently, we left a lasting impression ha ha

After our pictures, we hit the Star Wars gift shop and I found the Darth Vader cup my friends husband wanted and had it sent back to our resort.

We decided to hit up some more giftshops but …

I got the magic shot I’ve always wanted :lovestruc

We hit up Keystone Clothiers with no real idea in mind. I found an adorable hoodie though so I decided to buy it. I used the giftcard my Nana and Grandpa sent me and had that sent to our resort too.

Afterwards we stopped at Disney and Co. and we looked around for a bit when I heard a noise outside. It was the march of the Order and I went out and caught a bit of it. I’m not a huge Star Wars fun but I am a big fan. It was really cool and kind of intimidating to watch, I don’t know why but I caught myself saying whoa.

Afterwards we decided to break for the afternoon and come back for Fantasmic. We were going to stop for a photopass on the way out but there wasn’t one so a selfie will have to do.

We grabbed a boat towards the boardwalk, which was packed but it was a short ride. We ended up getting off at the Swan and Dolphin since it was so close and we’ve never been to the Swan and Dolphin so why not stop and have a look around.

Last edited:
Day 2 - March 19th- Hollywood Studios (part 3)

We walked over to the Boardwalk

And we stopped at the photo booth which was on my list, well the one in the Space Mountain was on it but it’s still a photo booth so close enough.

I was a seriously hot mess yikes… :scared1:

We wandered around the boardwalk some more and ended up wandering over to the Beach Club. Along the way, we passed some ladies having a very loud somewhat heated conversation on the phone. Let’s just say she had some not nice words for whoever else was on the phone ha ha

By now it was super hot out and we were tired to we went into the lobby and found a bench to sit in. We relaxed and charged phones for almost 2 hours. It was such a nice break. I felt a little weird just sitting there even though we don’t belong to the resort but no one said anything to us so we just sat.

That was a nice bench :) ::yes::

After our rest and recharge we strolled towards the boat dock.

It showed up a few minutes later then off we went towards Hollywood Studios again.

We got back in the park around 6:45ish and made a tinkle stop and decided to wander off towards Fantasmic and see if we could either get in or go stand in line-ish. But we saw they were already letting people in so we decided to head in.

As we rounded the corner we saw a photopass lady

Well that one was new :)

She told us to catch the photopass lady in the front and she had a really cool magic shot. So, we wandered down to her and asked her for a picture. She made it seem like we were bothering her so she just snapped our picture and off we went.

We ended up almost exactly the same place as last year.

Time passed quickly. We sang the normal karaoke songs they play every year :)

Again, I didn’t take any pictures. I just sat and enjoyed it, I really do love me some Fantasmic. The love grows more and more every trip.

10 minutes before 9 we decide to sneak out to go head towards the front to catch the Star Wars show… And a photopass person :)

Yikes I was a shiny hot mess by the end of the night :scared:

We found a spot and waited, yes we could have found a closer spot but we wanted to try and beat some of the crowd out.

But our spot wasn’t to bad.

We headed towards the exit about 10 minutes later, since we weren’t super close we were still going to be able to catch the fireworks finale part of it from the bus stop.

We ended up at the bus stop and 2 minutes later a bus rolled up

We found a seat right as the finale ended and that’s when my fitbit buzzed (since it’s linked to my phone, which is amazing by the way) and it was a text from Jalena. Remember her from the St. Patrick’s day photo?

Well she was in Disney too :) Her husband and 2 kids, her mom and dad, and her brother and his wife were all in Disney too. They also just so happened to be staying at Riverside too. We did plan on catching up at Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom but that wasn’t until the end of the week. Well she texted me to say she saw me on the bus. Apparently, she was headed towards our bus but realized it was the wrong one. I was kinda bummed that I didn’t see her though.

We got back to the room around 9:40 and decided that since we were on the dining plan we should use at least one credit tonight. Since our room is close to the lobby we ran back up to get our mugs and head back for dinner.

Hey, look what I got :)

How nice of them! :lovestruc

We ended up splitting a chicken sandwich, without cheese cause my Dad is a werido like that, and I took the mushrooms off of it.

It was really good actually, good choice us.

After dinner, we went back to the room and I jumped in the shower. When I got out I called my Mom and we talked about our day, what we got done, and what the plan was for tomorrow.

After I packed my park bag and was able to wind down, it was lights out around midnight

Things I marked off of my Disney list this day... :Pinkbounc
-Boardwalk area

-Photobooth

Last edited:
I am enjoying your trip report! Thank you so much for sharing. You can tell from the pics what a great time you both are having. I am also a photopass junkie and my girls say I need some sort of intervention.

Where in HS were you able to get the carrot cake cookie?

STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORARIDE_20170319_399362920134_zpssoxbhj98.jpeg

I am not sure why, but this is the best photo pass photo I have seen of ToT. Everyone seems to be super animated!

Wow, you two were able to do so much on your first full park day. I love the carrot cake cookie yummy! I love all your different PP pictures. How did you like POFQ? We stayed once and enjoyed how small it was. I am thinking of staying again in November. Awesome to get a 4th FP for TSMM.

Great HS day! I am so nervous to meet Kylo Ren when we go. Everyone says how intimidating it is. I wanna pee my pants just thinking about it :rotfl::rotfl:

Loving your trip report! I am planning a May 2018 12 day trip with my husband, daughter and 2 grand daughters, with my son, daughter in law, daughter and her boyfriend to join us for a few days at some time during the trip. We are still debating POR vs POFQ. I'm glad you posted pictures of your room. I'm going to hold out for POFQ!

A Lapu Lapu and carrot cake cookie are now on my to do list. Can't wait to read more about your trip.

That dessert looks amazing! I love

It is! I love the bread pudding from 'Ohana is one of my favorites :lovestruc

I am enjoying your trip report! Thank you so much for sharing. You can tell from the pics what a great time you both are having. I am also a photopass junkie and my girls say I need some sort of intervention.

Where in HS were you able to get the carrot cake cookie?

Thanks :wave: We do make a good Disney pair :) I love getting photopass pictures, I want to catch them all at least once ha ha. The carrot cake cookie is the one that was at the Writer's Stop before it closed so they moved it to Sweet Spells :) man it was so good

I am not sure why, but this is the best photo pass photo I have seen of ToT. Everyone seems to be super animated!

I love it when everyone else plays along ha ha. I've been on one where everyone is just looking off into space :)

Wow, you two were able to do so much on your first full park day. I love the carrot cake cookie yummy! I love all your different PP pictures. How did you like POFQ? We stayed once and enjoyed how small it was. I am thinking of staying again in November. Awesome to get a 4th FP for TSMM.

We did get a lot done, I was proud of it! I loved French Quarter :lovestruc:love: We've decided that we will stay there again next time.

Great HS day! I am so nervous to meet Kylo Ren when we go. Everyone says how intimidating it is. I wanna pee my pants just thinking about it :rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks we felt super accomplished when we were done :) I was super nervous when I realized we were meeting him but at the same time it was super fun and made for some fun pictures too :goodvibes

Loving your trip report! I am planning a May 2018 12 day trip with my husband, daughter and 2 grand daughters, with my son, daughter in law, daughter and her boyfriend to join us for a few days at some time during the trip. We are still debating POR vs POFQ. I'm glad you posted pictures of your room. I'm going to hold out for POFQ!

A Lapu Lapu and carrot cake cookie are now on my to do list. Can't wait to read more about your trip.

Thanks for that :) I loved French Quarter so much. It was small, quiet and slow paced :goodvibes It's going to be our go to from now on... until we can afford the Poly ha ha :thumbsup2

I love this! LOL the palm trees in the background make it look like your dad is wearing a headband that have palm trees, kind of like the one you had on with shamrocks on it. :)

It totally does! I didn't even notice that :laughing::laughing: I love it!

Day 3 - March 20th- EPCOT

This morning it wasn’t an Extra Magic Hour morning but we still got up around 5:45. I washed my face and did my hair. I turned on some Stacey :lovestruc(which we did end up watching almost every morning)

We ended up walking to the bus stop around 7:15.

We got to EPCOT around 7:30... before security was even open.

Yup that means we were first in line again :)

Our fastpasses for the day were:
Character Spot 10:30 - 11:30
Spaceship Earth 11:50 - 12:50
Frozen Ever After 4:40 - 5:40

Time passed quickly and we were let in to line up under Spaceship Earth around 8:30.
r

The JAMMitors showed up and entertained people until about 10 till and then they let everyone go.

We joined the mad dash towards Soarin’. Since they were updating it last trip we haven’t seen it in a while and both of us purposely avoided any video or talk of it until now.

Our review… we loved it :lovestruc:love:
I do love the original but after seeing the new one, I love it just a hair more than the original.

Since it was a walk through we decided to go through again, wait time was posted at 20 minutes so we figured why not.

No it was more of a 40 minute wait. We always say during Spring Break, our wait limit is 40-45 minutes so I wasn’t complaining. The people in front of us were super confused how it was 9:45 and not 9:30 ha ha.

We had lunch reservations at Le Cellier but not until 1:10 so we decided to eat a little something at Sunshine Seasons to tie us over.

Oh, chocolate milk I love you also you remind me of my grandma & I miss her everyday :lovestruc:littleangel:

After our mini breakfast, we were getting ready to head out. That’s when I grabbed my sunglasses only realized that they were in 2 pieces… whoomp whoomp :scared:

So now I need a new pair of sunglasses.

But first, Character Spot :)
The wait time was already 40 minutes, thank you fastpasses.
It’s always a little weird being the oldest person in the room ha ha :eek:

There was an adorable family of 5 in front of us. The youngest little boy didn't want to take pictures, but his Dad would stand next to him and when the photopass guy counted down to 1 he would pick him up really fast and turn him to the camera :laughing:

After our meet and greet I was on a mission for sunglasses. So off to Mousegears we go :)

I tried a bunch on until I found a pair I liked, then I walked by the Flower and Garden Dooney and Burke merchandise. I ended up with a wallet (that I love love love) and my sunglasses and my Dad got some stuff off his list that we had sent back to the resort. After spending some money, we made a tinkle stop. Then we found a photopass person.

We were walking towards Spaceship Earth when I stopped to take a now and then photo :goodvibes

Our fastpass window opened right as we took the picture so we went straight over there.

Without a fastpass… 45-minute wait.

We’re all by ourselves :)

I didn’t get a picture of the end and when I tried to send the postcard to myself I clicked on our picture and next and it said it couldn’t find us… wait what…
Oh well, I tried. At some point we will be able to send our postcard to ourselves again :confused3

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
Afterwards we decided to hit Club Cool since we didn’t do it last year. We had our free samples and I had 2 cups of Bibo cause it’s my favorite while my Dad had a business call.

We said goodbye to the super sticky floor and stopped for some pictures, not photopass surprisingly right

Then we found a photopass person :)

And then another

We had a 1:10 lunch reservation at Le Cellier so we wandered over to Canada.

I’m kinda bummed I didn’t go back and buy that cup ha ha

After killing sometime, we went to check-in for lunch. We were seated a few minutes before our reservation time.

We had a little card on our table that was from our server, Kyra. It was a welcome back card. How adorable! I’ve never seen a welcome back card at a restaurant. I know the slip that’s on the table will say return customer but I’ve never seen a card :)

When our server came around she asked us if we knew what we wanted or did we already know. When we told her we already knew she smiled and said, “I figured”

We ordered our drinks and food and off she went.

In years past the butter was solid now it was room temperature and was even more yummy because it was spreadable :)

I did what my Grandpa does when he eats bread and pushed all the bread to the side and buttered it up ha ha.

And like every year I got some cheese soup

My Dad and I both got the filet but he got no risotto… weirdo… ha ha

While we were eating, there was a couple next to us that were celebrating their anniversary. The server brought out the chocolate moose for the

Since we had the dining plan we also got some dessert, this time I went with the creme brulle.

The couple next to us and the couple next to them started talking. It started when the teenage boy at the end of the row got his lunch. He ate the ‘steak for 2’ from what we can remember it was a 24-ounce steak. We were all surprised when it came to his spot at the table, but we were even more surprised when he ate it… all and some of this Mom’s salad and some dessert. According to his Mom he was a 16-year-old and was the smaller of her sons. I heard her say that he is a football player… yikes he was a beast any team will be happy to have him.

We were being nosy, honestly as close as those tables are together it’s almost impossible not to listen to the conversations at the tables next to you. They couple celebrating their anniversary, apparently the man was a CM for Disney and he forgot his badge. Well our server took it to her boss and was going to talk to him about how she can cash him out. So, we heard that he works for Disneyland but not in the parks. From what I overheard/caught he worked in something that manages/forecasts crowds, he was talking to the lady next to him and without going and sitting in his lap, I didn’t catch it all. But the parts I did sounded super interesting ha ha.

We finished lunch around 2:30 and were heading out when I heard “oh this is yours” I guess my button fell off my bag and Kyra brought it out to me :)

Our plan was to hit World Showcase and go counter clockwise until our Frozen fastpass around 5 and then head to Disney Springs. So off we went

We stopped for a bathroom break in the UK.

We stopped into the giftshop and looked around. When we went into the tea shop I saw the purple teacup cup and I was going to grab it but I decided to pass because I knew we were hitting Disney Springs in the evening and I could just get it there.

We passed through the giftshop and kept going.
2 for 2

We saw a photopass person so we got in line.

“Give your daughter a hug” :hug:

“Give your daughter a kiss” :lovestruc

Ha ha :rotfl::laughing:
I couldn’t stop laughing at the picture... It’s so us ha ha

We thanked her for our picture and off we went…

But didn’t get far :laughing:

We wandered around France.

3 for 3 so far :) :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Off to Morocco

But first

Then we wandered around the shops. I found a lamp I would love for my classroom but it was a little pricey for me and I don’t trust my kids not to break it ha ha

I kept telling myself to look up, there are so many amazing details that I feel like we miss because we’re always on a mission somewhere else.

Bye Morocco off to Japan
4 for 4

I knew I was on a mission for frushi. I get it every year :) I asked my Dad if he wanted anything and said water. So, I told him to go to a table and I turned around to ask him if he wanted anything else and boom he was already gone ha ha.

I got in line and there was 1 person in front of me. Then that 1 person’s friend came over and then another friend and another. Eventually there was 7 people in front of me. Which I don’t mind if you’re together but there was no one behind me and when the line moved up a bit one of the many friends rammed his shoulder into me to get in front of me. Just give me my frusi and water please…

My Dad and I drank some water and I ate my frushi. An older woman and her friend asked to share the table with us (it was the only one in the shade) we said sure so we wiggled some of our stuff over for them. After frushi and water we wandered off

r

We had a whole day planned at EPCOT tomorrow too so we didn’t want to rush through each country in one day, so we took our picture and kept going. Plus, I wanted to buy candy and I could do that tomorrow.

4 for 5 visited

It was around 3:30 and we had a fastpass planned for Frozen at 4:40 so we wanted to be right there at 4:40 when the window opened.

We stopped in the America gift shop and giggled at the US Presidents tervis. I don’t know why we found it amusing but apparently, something was.

We stopped by the entrance to finish off our water that we were still carrying around.

We went to Italy and looked in the giftshop for a while. I really want to buy something there but I’m afraid I would break it.

We saw a person in a brownish vest across the way so we were off to get some pictures.

5 for 6 so far :thumbsup2

We hit Germany next :) I had seen the Snow White photopass picture that I wanted to try and get. Whoo hoo it had a short line too!

Then we saw another photopass person :)

The man behind us apparently really wanted to hit the shop on the other side. I don’t think he made it because they were in front of us when we were done.

5 for 7 (I wanted popcorn but was full so come back tomorrow)

We walked towards China, I wanted a Strawberry Oolong Tea Slush :)

I was in line when my Dad got a work issue he had to go figure out, so he went that way and I got a slush and told him I will find him.

Got my tea slush, found my Dad and got a nice table in the shade

I love this spot…

Hello crowds…

We saw a boat coming by and some ladies coming up the stairs (right next to our table) I moved out of the way and they went by, their vests had the words ‘fireworks’ on it. Guess they were starting to set up for Illuminations tonight.

We commented about why that boat would need 2 45 horsepower motors on that little boat….
The bridge was going up. Which is something I’ve never seen so that was new :)

Once the bridge went down, the fireworks people came back, one of the girls said, “Have a great Father/Daughter Trip” :) that was nice of her, no one else had said that yet.

Our fastpass window opened so off we went… Just to see a CM standing there and the doors closed. Yup it was down… :sad1::sad::sad2:

So now we decide: leave and hit Disney Springs and try to run to it in the morning or stay and wait until its back up…

But first… photopass

Last edited:
So, we decide to stay on this side of EPCOT and just keep checking for when it’s back up.

Off to Mexico and visit the Three Caballeros :goodvibes

We looked around for a bit, then spotted a photopass person. Which I’ve never seen on inside. I about crashed into my Dad and 30 other people to get to him though ha ha.

I’m not sure why it looks like I have a lazy eye lol :eek:

We decided to keep going and find a spot to relax plus I wanted a violet lemonade.

I got a picture with my yummy violet lemonade but I look weird and it’s a super unattractive angle so we’ll just skip it ha ha.

We found a bench and just sat and relaxed :goodvibes

My Dad went to the bathroom while I just sat and people watched.

My Dad came back and laughed at the bathroom near the Refreshment Port. Apparently, the men’s bathroom is as small as the women’s bathroom ha ha :laughing:

By now it was 5:30 and Frozen was still down. So, we decided that we would make today the full EPCOT day and tomorrow we would hit Disney Springs. Around then we also decided that maybe we should get closer to Norway so when Frozen is back up and running we would be nearby. So, we wandered off that way and found a nice little spot near the entrance.

We listened to everyone around us and we all had the same idea apparently.

I would get up and look at the doors every occasionally.
Then around 6:15 I look over and see open doors.

I hit my Dad in the leg and said let’s go. The girls in front of my Dad ran him over over to get in front of him.

I snapped a few pictures along the way but it was a gingerly walk to the ride.

We ended up front row :)
I had avoided watching videos of the ride but I had known the track was the same, so I knew where the picture was.

Of course, my booty got a little wet

When we got off we noticed there wasn’t that long of a line and since we still had a fastpass we said, ‘let’s go’

When we got to the Mickey to Mickey stop I scanned mine and the CM asked, “who’s Margaret?” I raised my hand and said ‘me’ she said Happy Birthday. Which was kinda funny. My Dad said, “It’s not your birthday yet though”. Well back story when I booked this trip the CM asked any special reason. I laughed and said, “not in March but in July I’ll be 30 so it will be a little last hurrah to my 20’s” well she added a birthday celebration to the trip :rotfl:

We had a little more time to look around this time.

I miss the little boy with the fish ha ha

I love everything about this picture

We had a little backup towards the end so I actually got a good picture :)

We stopped for our traditional picture with the troll

After our picture we walked out talkin about how much we actually enjoyed it even though we’re not the biggest Frozen fans.

By the time we were done it was 6:45ish and we decided to get some dinner and relax before Illuminations.

But first, more photopass pictures :)

Then we noticed there was no line at the butterflies :)
My Dad laughed and said, “I have to be a butterfly don’t I” :laughing:

The family in front of us was trying to get the little boy (around 4) to be a butterfly. He didn’t want to though. So they kept saying “fly like a butterfly” well he took it literally and off he went, flying away.

We all laughed about it as the poor Dad went running off to catch him.

Then it was our turn :)

My poor Dad had to be a butterfly but he was a trooper about it
It was around 7ish now so off we wandered towards Sunshine Seasons.

I said hello to the adorable baby pineapples

We grabbed dinner and found a nice spot to sit and eat.

I love that now they have me an option for white rice

Around that time my Dad got a phone from someone he works with who was going to be in Disney with his whole family at the same time. They were talking about plans and what they need to make sure to see.

I was going to get a refill on my drink but I didn’t want to have to go to the bathroom every 20 minutes. We charged our phones and I organized my bag a bit more.

I made a bathroom break and that’s when I noticed that Soarin only had a 30-minute wait. Normally you would never see that and we thought about jumping in line but we wanted to see Illuminations and knew we had a fastpass for it tomorrow.

I grabbed a picture on the way out

And one of the sign. Again, I feel like I never get to see the sign, I’m always on the move to somewhere else.

I spy a photopass person :)

I said thank your and off we went towards Italy for a spot for Illuminations

Last edited:

We started walking right towards Canada then we decided to head the other way, even though it was the same distance pretty much.

We found a spot on the bridge in Italy just like last year :) I texted my Mom a picture of us and told her we were ready for Illuminations.

After the globe started moving and we started talking about how it moved and was it on GPS or was someone driving it? Then a few minutes later we saw the boat racing by. Well by golly that is why they need a boat with 90 total horsepower, to get the driver away fast before the fireworks started :):scratchin

It started at 9 and again I grabbed a few pictures with my phone

I love Illuminations :love::)

We waited for the crowds to move along and my Dad noticed someone left a cup on the floor. Well apparently, he thought it was a football ha ha

He picked it up and threw it in the trash :)

Off we went on a slow pace towards the exit

We saw a group of people in fancy clothes around the American pavilion… :confused3

We got to the bus stop around 9:50 and the line for Riverside was full and almost out into the walkway. French Quarter however was only about 10 people long. Another reason to love French Quarter

The bus showed up about 10 minutes later and off we go.

Can we talk about the cricket chirping music on the bus. I actually loved it. It reminds me of summertime nights here and it was so relaxing :goodvibes

On the bus was also when my Dad and I realized that we only needed about 4,000 more steps go hit our goal of 30,000 in a day.

We get to the resort, drop off bags and grab our mugs. We hit the food court and I grabbed my go to purple powerade.

Then we started doing some laps ha ha :cool1:

Another reason to love French Quarter :lovestruc

We did a few laps around the property. We talked about how nice the resort was and how quiet it was, that’s when we also found the boat dock for Disney Springs. I was on the lookout for the jazz alligators. I knew they were there but I didn’t find them. I don’t remember if they were taken out last summer after the tragedy. I don’t remember reading anything about it though.

We head back to the room around 11ish with 2,000 more steps to go. I did a few laps in the room took a shower then finished up my laps with a few minutes to spare before midnight

I ended up calling it a night around 12:30ish

Things I marked off of my Disney list this day... :Pinkbounc
-Setting up for Illuminations
-New Soarin
-Disney sunglasses, only because my other one’s broke ha ha

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
I was on the lookout for the jazz alligators. I knew they were there but I didn’t find them. I don’t remember if they were taken out last summer after the tragedy.

I was wondering about the alligators also. I love The Princess and the Frog. So want to see them.

I'm planning a Le Cellier meal also. Did it feel like too heavy of a meal for mid-day?

Absolutely love your pictures. Beautiful pictures of EP at night. You'll cherish those pictures with your dad forever.

Oh...I also love that you are posting your Fitbit step count. You are motivating me to get moving. :cool1:

I love Frushi and violet lemonade yummy. I didn't realized PP was in all the countries like that, great magic shots.

I love the Snow White one. We liked Frozen also, glad you were able to do it, twice at the same time is pretty unheard of so that was a plus.

You and your dad are getting a lot of steps in each day. Looks like a fun Epcot day!

Wow, your Photopass skills are legendary!

I shall force DH to get a similar number taken when we go in November. Bwahahaha!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter