PodCast 4.0 Chit Chat

I was surprised how quickly my sister agreeded to the inside room.
She enjoyed a balcony on her first cruise last year. She cruised for a week on Carnival last December during the week that included New Year's Eve. I assume that would be a high price period. Her balcony room cost only a little bit more than our DCL inside stateroom. I guess that why she agreed to inside!

I might be tempted to spend more on the cabin if I traveled infrequently, but I don't cruise to sit in my cabin. I love to travel, and I would rather take several moderately-priced vacations than one expensive one.

Oh, now I really think I should move to deck eight so I am sort of half way between th etwo escapes to fresh air!

That sounds like a good plan !!

Oh, course. I will swap a view of our virtual porthole for a view from your verandah.

Great, that works for me !!

I was surprised how quickly my sister agreeded to the inside room.
She enjoyed a balcony on her first cruise last year. She cruised for a week on Carnival last December during the week that included New Year's Eve. I assume that would be a high price period. Her balcony room cost only a little bit more than our DCL inside stateroom. I guess that why she agreed to inside!

My DD just wants some fresh ocean air this time, so that's why she insisted on having a varandah this time

I might be tempted to spend more on the cabin if I traveled infrequently, but I don't cruise to sit in my cabin. I love to travel, and I would rather take several moderately-priced vacations than one expensive one.

That's my take also...we spent very little time in our cabin and that's why I wanted another inside room, but I can also see my DD point....have access to the outside would be nice, and might keep us in a little more..she just wants to order room service in the morning and sit outside having coffee...that way she can take her time getting dressed....she's cranky first thing in the morning before her first cup of coffee :scared1:

That's my take also...we spent very little time in our cabin and that's why I wanted another inside room, but I can also see my DD point....have access to the outside would be nice, and might keep us in a little more..she just wants to order room service in the morning and sit outside having coffee...that way she can take her time getting dressed....she's cranky first thing in the morning before her first cup of coffee :scared1:
I've had balcony cabins twice, and one was a free upgrade. My first verandah was in a cat. 6 handicap-accessible cabin on my first Disney cruise with my elderly mom. She wanted the balcony because she didn't get off the ship in port - so I agreed. She hardly left the cabin except to eat, but she also didn't use the balcony - except to shoot a roll of film (yes, film!) while we were docked at Castaway Cay. I didn't consider it worth the extra money spent.

If inside or ocean-view means we can cruise more often.:banana:...

Good Morning Everyone !!!! Still raining here...even though the weather forcast says no more rain until tomorrow?????

One week from today, I will be getting ready to head to the airport...wish I were more excited about it...maybe once the weekend passes.

Have a great day.

Hi everyone, just booked cabin 8143 and I'm so excited to be going on our first Disney cruise, and a podcast cruise to boot! I'm Laura, I'll be cruising with my DH Rod. We're veteran cruisers but always go by ourselves and are pretty shy. I'm hoping to get to "know" everyone so we can be a little more social. :goodvibes

Laura

Hi everyone, just booked cabin 8143 and I'm so excited to be going on our first Disney cruise, and a podcast cruise to boot! I'm Laura, I'll be cruising with my DH Rod. We're veteran cruisers but always go by ourselves and are pretty shy. I'm hoping to get to "know" everyone so we can be a little more social. :goodvibes

Laura

Hi Laura....we all welcome you and Rod....we have a 20 months until we cruise, so over time we can all get to know each other....just keep watching these threads, as the time get closer...I'm sure there will be a FE started and probably pre and post cruise events planned

Cheri

Laura
Welcome.

Hi Laura....we all welcome you and Rob....we have a 20 months until we cruise, so over time we can all get to know each other....just keep watching these threads, as the time get closer...I'm sure there will be a FE started and probably pre and post cruise events planned

Cheri
I hope there's a FE exchange. Was fun to see what was in it. I'll probably try a post-cruise meet for folks that have to leave that day [if no-one else does one first]. DH says he wants to head home right after cruise. He's supersticious[sp] about 12/21.

Welcome.

I hope there's a FE exchange. Was fun to see what was in it. I'll probably try a post-cruise meet for folks that have to leave that day [if no-one else does one first]. DH says he wants to head home right after cruise. He's supersticious[sp] about 12/21.

I hope so too...I just don't think I could organize it....I'm not sure when we will come back....I'm hoping to stay a day or so after, maybe go home on Sunday...time will tell, as will the finances. We can't go early this time because DD and her boyfriend will have to work through Friday.

Hi Laura....we all welcome you and Rob....we have a 20 months until we cruise, so over time we can all get to know each other....just keep watching these threads, as the time get closer...I'm sure there will be a FE started and probably pre and post cruise events planned

Cheri

Welcome.

Thanks for the welcome! Oh Boy, FE's! I can't tell you how excited I am about all this. :cool1:

Just one little thing... Rob was my not so DH #1. My DH of 20 years is named Rod. It's a little thing, but important. ;) :rotfl: I always said that if this one doesn't work out, next DH is going to be named Harry or something. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the welcome! Oh Boy, FE's! I can't tell you how excited I am about all this. :cool1:

Just one little thing... Rob was my not so DH #1. My DH of 20 years is named Rod. It's a little thing, but important. ;) :rotfl: I always said that if this one doesn't work out, next DH is going to be named Harry or something. :rolleyes1

So Sorry, and yes it is important....noted and fixed...funny story, kinda related...I've been married twice (neither one worked)....but both of them were born on leap year...yes..Feb.29th.....after that I checked ID...no kidding....the man in my life now was born in May !!! :lmao:

Well, it's about that time....have a great evening.

Laura

:Welcome: Glad you're joining us. Don't worry about being shy - you'll be among a large group of friends who share a love for Disney AND cruising.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter