• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POLL: From where and how do you travel to Disney?

1. How far away do you live from Disney; 2. How do you get to Disney? (please answer one each)

• We live within 250 miles away

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • We live 250-500 miles away

Votes: 18 7.6%
  • We live 500-1,000 miles away

Votes: 64 27.1%
  • We live more than 1,000 miles away (in the US)

Votes: 109 46.2%
  • We don't live in the US

Votes: 29 12.3%
  • We (typically) drive

Votes: 51 21.6%
  • We (typically) fly

Votes: 147 62.3%

• Total voters
Massachusetts- we fly out of a variety of airports: Providence, Boston, Manchester NH, Hartford. We even consider a 3 hr drive to Albany to save on fares.
I'm from Mass as well. Do you really find considerably flights considerably less? My kids are now at the school age where they need to not miss school so we go on school vacations....most expensive time. I looked at Manchester and Prov for April and they were not that much less. Would love to hear your strategies

I'm from Mass as well. Do you really find considerably flights considerably less? My kids are now at the school age where they need to not miss school so we go on school vacations....most expensive time. I looked at Manchester and Prov for April and they were not that much less. Would love to hear your strategies
We have traveled the last 4 years during April vacation and this past year was the worst I have seen for flying out of Boston and even Providence- $4500 bucks for 4 tickets. I'm partial to JetBlue and as soon as flights were released I started looking. Albany was $1300-$1800 (for 4 tickets Fri-Fri was cheaper than Sat-Sat) I wanted to book but we hadn't closed yet on our DVC sale so we really wanted to make sure we had our dates secure before we booked flights. We ended up booking Delta out of Hartford and a return flight home on JetBlue. A friend of mine booked Southwest out of Manchester the day they were released and she got 4 tickets for a little bit less than 2k. I'm going to keep Southwest in mind for our next trip (trying Feb vacation 2019).

My suggestions are to be ready to book as soon as flights are released. Prices don't seem to drop for school vacation weeks and to be flexible on times/day. A Sat-Sat during vacation week is going to be the most expensive. We are flying Sat- Friday (got the last flight out on Friday). Always look at 1 way fares- sometimes it can be cheaper to fly one airline down and another back. Mon-Mon seems a bit more reasonable if you are okay with missing a day.

Live in Atlanta. We fly because they have 19 flights/day to Orlando and it is cheap! Also, get tired of all the construction on I-75 and
fighting Atlanta traffic through Atlanta.

DeerH

We have traveled the last 4 years during April vacation and this past year was the worst I have seen for flying out of Boston and even Providence- $4500 bucks for 4 tickets. I'm partial to JetBlue and as soon as flights were released I started looking. Albany was $1300-$1800 (for 4 tickets Fri-Fri was cheaper than Sat-Sat) I wanted to book but we hadn't closed yet on our DVC sale so we really wanted to make sure we had our dates secure before we booked flights. We ended up booking Delta out of Hartford and a return flight home on JetBlue. A friend of mine booked Southwest out of Manchester the day they were released and she got 4 tickets for a little bit less than 2k. I'm going to keep Southwest in mind for our next trip (trying Feb vacation 2019).

My suggestions are to be ready to book as soon as flights are released. Prices don't seem to drop for school vacation weeks and to be flexible on times/day. A Sat-Sat during vacation week is going to be the most expensive. We are flying Sat- Friday (got the last flight out on Friday). Always look at 1 way fares- sometimes it can be cheaper to fly one airline down and another back. Mon-Mon seems a bit more reasonable if you are okay with missing a day.
You are so right about booking as soon as they are realeased . 2015 April vacation I realized that but somehow forgot just how much you need to literally book the day they come out for April 2018. I waited just days and they skyrocketed. I ended up booking Delta down on Tuesday and JetBlue back on Monday. Southwest doesn't seem to have direct flights and my daughter doesn't do well with the up and down. We will definitely be booking as soon as they come out from now on. We alternate end of August then we go next April and wait 16 months and do it again that way we make use of annual passes.

I noticed you are staying at the lodge almost same time we are. How did you do on flights? I had to stagger it Tuesday of April vacation till Monday due to prices of flights.
we booked SW the day of release, fri-fri, nonstop flights, it was under 1,400 total let me look up exact total! flying out of bdl!

1,430 ! that is with early bird for flight home. 3 pple
Wow!!!! I am so upset I didn't book right when they came out. I would of much rather done the earlier side of the vacation what is Bdl?? I love having at least a day to recoup after vacation before getting back in the grind. We ended up paying 1500.00 for two.

Wow!!!! I am so upset I didn't book right when they came out. I would of much rather done the earlier side of the vacation what is Bdl?? I love having at least a day to recoup after vacation before getting back in the grind. We ended up paying 1500.00 for two.
we have been flying this week for years and always book day of! BDL is Bradley airport, about 30 min from us. Last year we did mon-mon and paid a little less, think it was 1300ish for 3. Counting down to WLV, and also waiting ROFR for OKW. waiting is hard!!! where do you fly from if you are in MASS?

we have been flying this week for years and always book day of! BDL is Bradley airport, about 30 min from us. Last year we did mon-mon and paid a little less, think it was 1300ish for 3. Counting down to WLV, and also waiting ROFR for OKW. waiting is hard!!! where do you fly from if you are in MASS?
We fly from Boston, we are about 30 minutes north of there, you must be in western Mass. I will PM you so we don't take over this thread!!!

Holy cow, these prices! I almost never pay more than $200 a piece round-trip, nonstop from Chicago. Crazy!

I live 10 miles from Disneyland so I drive there at least every other week but getting a reservation at GCV is difficult since it's not my home resort plus since I live so close I usually don't try to reserve a room that often. I fly to WDW a few times a year to actually use my points.

Fly from UK in summer school holidays. Price for 4 (would usually look much higher but exchange rate poor)= $4500.

SW Ontario and we drive. We only have enough points to do every other March Break (second most expensive time) and I'm a teacher so times are limited. Flights from Toronto or Detroit are typically $650 pp US or $800 CN so even with two hotel nights on the way down, it's much cheaper to drive. Five more years until retirement when I can travel during cheaper times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter