POLL: From where and how do you travel to Disney?

1. How far away do you live from Disney; 2. How do you get to Disney? (please answer one each)

• We live within 250 miles away

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • We live 250-500 miles away

Votes: 18 7.6%
  • We live 500-1,000 miles away

Votes: 64 27.1%
  • We live more than 1,000 miles away (in the US)

Votes: 109 46.2%
  • We don't live in the US

Votes: 29 12.3%
  • We (typically) drive

Votes: 51 21.6%
  • We (typically) fly

Votes: 147 62.3%

• Total voters
Grand Rapids, MI. We always drive. 2 adults and 4 kids. Oldest is 7

We try to get down at least 3x’s per year. We can make the drive in two days/one night.

The flying process with four young kids is terrible. We much prefer the longer drive. My thought is flying with 4 kids is 8 hours of extreme stress. Driving is about 20 hours of mild stress. Just works better for us

From NJ, drove once, that was enough. Now we fly and I'm so happy SouthWest flies direct from Newark to Orlando,

Hershey, PA. We drive, just wife and I - used to stop outside of Savannah (700 miles) and finish the next day, but now we do 500 and 500, or sometimes 400, 300, 300. HHI makes for a nice stop the second night if we can snag a studio. Don't own there, so we have to book at 7 months which can be iffy.

Just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Depending on time of year and weather we are 1/2 drive 1/2 fly. When driving its 25hours straight drive. I can sleep when i get there.

We live 650 miles away, in NC, and drive. We lived here for 9 years and then moved about 285 miles farther away, in MD, and lived there for 10 years. While there we mostly flew, like 7 times, to WDW but drove like 4 times. Now back closer, moved back to NC in May, we will always drive.

Last edited:
Houston texas and we mostly drive. Flew once on SW points. Tickets are just too expensive, we are going in March 2018 and driving again because it was almost 700 per ticket. I like to drive... I like having a car there. More relaxing. But, if it were cheaper I would fly to save the time....

We live in Pittsburgh which is right at 1,000 miles. We have driven every trip since our DD turned 3 (2005). However for our next 2 scheduled trips we were able to get really good rates on airfare and a rental car. When we first started driving we would drive straight through. Then after my in-laws moved to Florida (Port Charlotte, 2 hours from WDW) in 2010 we started driving to Jacksonville/Savannah on Day 1, then proceed to the in-laws. After a few days at the in-laws we head to Disney to finish the trip. We have also take the Auto Train a few times. We've only taken it once round trip and a couple time we took the Auto Train north only.

Atlanta..
easy drive but we fly often (wife works for Delta).
I prefer to drive but my wife prefers to fly.. a few times we did just that and i met her at the airport.. ;)

Vermont and fly SW from Albany. When we retire we will drive and plan on staying at least 3 weeks in WDW.

Ohio. We fly. I think if we drove down we would take our time and maybe drive 1/2 way, stop overnight somewhere, then finish driving in the morning. 17 hours in a car is just to much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter