Poll - Who goes to Disney 2 times / year ?

We go twice a year for 10 days each. Usually September and January. Next year, because of DH's work schedule, it will be late April/Early May and probably September.

This will be our first year with 2 trips. We spent 7 days at SSR back in Jan for the marathon and will spend 5 days at BWV in Sept/Oct for the F&WF and MNSSHP. We hope to make multiple trips a year a habit! :thumbsup2

Last year I went 4 times - once with DH, DD & DS. Hubby goes with us once a year and either complains the whole time or sits and reads. So we leave him home the other trips. DD was looking at colleges last year so we stayed at BCV when we were looking at University of Miami. Her and I loved the trip without the "boys" so we went back May/June for Flower & Garden Festival. We make use of our annual passes and are always borrowing our points. Going again (just DD & I) in a month - second trip this year. She went with 10 of her friends in January so I just had to go too - brought my mom along and we had a ball.

I usually go twice a year:

First is in January, preferably New Year's week. (Must have extra fireworks!) :)

Second is in October or November.

I don't do hot very well, so I like to go during the cooler months!

Last year between DVC trips and Disney resort trips we did a total of 38 nights on-site, spread between 8 trips. Two of those trips were just a single regular weekend each - with a 12 hour drive each way. One in Jan '06 for the Expedition Everest preview weekend , and once in December '06 to watch Holiday Illuminations. The second weekend trip was 1 week after spending 5 days during Thanksgiving at the "World".

Yes - we drink the Disney KoolAid and we LIKE IT !!!

Last year between DVC trips and Disney resort trips we did a total of 38 nights on-site, spread between 8 trips. Two of those trips were just a single regular weekend each - with a 12 hour drive each way. One in Jan '06 for the Expedition Everest preview weekend , and once in December '06 to watch Holiday Illuminations. The second weekend trip was 1 week after spending 5 days during Thanksgiving at the "World".

Yes - we drink the Disney KoolAid and we LIKE IT !!!

Oh you desperately need to move to the Orlando area! :)

Oh you desperately need to move to the Orlando area! :)

That has been discussed many times at this house including earlier today. I'm probably 9~10 years from the daughter out of school and through college and that would be close to my retirement age. The thought of retirement with a Disney CM job is very enticing. I actually have a "You've Been Discovered" card that the engineer of one of the trains at the MK gave me after my wife and I took the Magic Behind the Steam Trains tour ( highly recommended ).

I've always thought about a position at the ticket scanners at the MK. Smiling and saying "Welcome to the Magic Kingdom, come on in !". Though I suspect the same position at the AK might fit into my plans better - that park closes early enough to hoof it on over after closing to make Illuminations.

My wife was talking earlier today with a friend at the last job she worked at before becoming an "at-home" mom several years ago. They had bought BCV some years ago, and she found out they had added on at AKV recently. He's a avid golfer and likes hitting a few at the Disney courses. Seems that he was talking to the caddies and found out all the ones he was conversing with were retired lawyers, accountants, etc. One even lived as far away as Ocala and said that his job actually cost him money after his transportation costs and fees for his own golfing after finishing his "job" for the day. He loved the job, and had no plans of quitting. Strangely enough I completely understood.

We just started to. I'll go with DH in the summer and then I'll make a trip in October for the Food and Wine Festival.

We are going twice this year but don't think it will happen often. We'll be there in July and then again in November.

We stayed an average of 6 weeks a year on property with other day trips staying offsite until this past year. Ended up saving money by moving.:thumbsup2

since we purchased dvc and have been able to get aps we have been there at least twice a year. i think i will make it with the children 3 times this year and once without them. i have not figured how much i save by having aps, but i think it is enough to pay for the ddp for the extra trips we make.:dance3:

We spent the entire month of February at WDW after 8 days at Vero. We just got back from 5 nights at Hilton Head and 5 nights at Vero. We have 5 nights planned for October at the F & W. November wwe have 3 nights planned at WDW along with a 7 night crusie. A busy year. Retirement is nice.

We became DVC members during our May '06 trip (that was a week-long trip) and stayed at a cabin at Ft. Wilderness; then in December '06 we spent 8 nights at SSR.

This year DH & I are going in June for 9 nights (SSR again) and then in November I'm having a "girls' weekend" and we'll be at SSR from the 7th until the 12th. (I'd stay a bit longer, but the we don't have enough vacation time :sad2: from work).

DH & I decided that we would definitely go at least twice a year from now on (that is, if we can). :banana:

We spent the entire month of February at WDW after 8 days at Vero. We just got back from 5 nights at Hilton Head and 5 nights at Vero. We have 5 nights planned for October at the F & W. November wwe have 3 nights planned at WDW along with a 7 night crusie. A busy year. Retirement is nice.

More details...Please! What all did you do? Did you write a trip report? Did you stay on points or through CR. Did you eat on the Disney Dining plan? I would love to have a trip where I was not rushed.

On the average, two to three trips a year. We used our DVC in Sept 2006, December 2006.....will go in May 2007, October 2007 and New Years trip 2007-2008.

just got back this morning... a day early from my note at my siggie... and now ready to plan for next one... SWA gave me a r/t voucher to MCO if I cut my trip a day less.. so yup.. plus paid the loodging that I missed for one nite !! So not that it is a good thing.. but if Mother nature keep on intervining on my trips .. I might be going back more than 2x a year :banana:

We stayed in studio rooms using points for the entire trips this late winter and early spring. We did a lot of our own cooking in our room. Eating out was a late lunch to save money over dinner and still have a large meal. We have annual passes and the DDE card. We worked out daily at the resort workout areas and you have WDW for entertainment. At Vero in January, we went to five of the campfire programs. Using a cell phone card we were aable to keep us with the internet for business and pay bills. DW actually did her part time job during these stays. Sure beats Wisconsin winters.

We do-note my siggy.

It's an addiction, really, at this point.

Stuff is broken in the house that really should be fixed, but no, another trip instead.

Deferred maintenance? Poo(h), let's go to Disney instead-everything works there!

Hmm, furnace or Beach Club? Beach Club!

Roof or VWL? VWL.

Seriously, it's not reallllly leaking, much.

This will be our first time visiting WDW twice in one year.
We purchase annual passes and dinning discount card!:banana:
June '07 BWV
Feb '08 BCV

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter