Poly or VGF studio august

Mflaherty

Mouseketeer
my 9year old daughter wants to stay at poly and the 7year old at VGF. Only have enough points for a studio. Is one bigger than the other? I’m trying to decide!! I’ve stayed in poly studio but not GF studio. How about pool crowds at those resorts in August? The poly pool seems to me it would probably look more like people soup then VGF? Lol my husband won’t go in when the hot August pool is crowded......I’ve stayed at both resorts but at GF in a one bedroom. Both are available as of now so that’s not an issue.

We stayed at GF in August last year. The pool by the Villas was always packed, but no more so than the volcano pool at Poly. The other pool at GF was not as busy and my kids preferred to go to that one, for that reason.

I can’t help about the room as we stayed resort-side.

VGF is 374sq, and is wider than the Poly studio.
b_600_450_16777215_10_images_stories_vgf_studio_VGF_S000.JPG

Poly is 447sq
b_600_450_16777215_10_images_stories_poly_studio_PVB_S000b.JPG

I'd go with VGF.

I'm trying to decide between the same two for my September trip. My understanding is that there are better bathroom facilities at Poly (2 separate showers, I think). And you can walk directly to the Epcot monorail via the TTC from Poly, whereas VCF necessitates 2 monorails. Anyone have more tips?

We did a split stay this past November and stayed at VGF (1 bedroom) and PVB (studio). The location of Poly was definitely more convenient because of it's location. The villa section was a very short walk to TTC. I think if I had to choose between them again I would choose Poly for sure (as long as a studio worked).

Poly wins for square footage, extra bathroom, and walk to TTC if you're deciding purely based on convenience. After that the themoing is night and day so you'd have to go on personal preference.

The "beach" pool at GF and Volcano pool both get overly crowded during the really warm months. In November we basically had the Volcano pool to ourselves. That being said the "main" pool at GF is massive and the "quiet" pool at Poly is a great place to go if the Volcano pool is too crowded. My kids like the splash pad better at the GF Beach pool. Food is a tie because you can easily walk between the two resorts.

With the exception of the pools you can experience all that both resorts have to offer with a very short walk. Hopefully that will help console the one who doesn't get their pick :)

Doesn't the VGF studio also have a split bathroom? Toilet/Shower and Sink/Shower? The toilet/shower combo can use the sink just outside the door.

my 9year old daughter wants to stay at poly and the 7year old at VGF. Only have enough points for a studio. Is one bigger than the other? I’m trying to decide!! I’ve stayed in poly studio but not GF studio. How about pool crowds at those resorts in August? The poly pool seems to me it would probably look more like people soup then VGF? Lol my husband won’t go in when the hot August pool is crowded......I’ve stayed at both resorts but at GF in a one bedroom. Both are available as of now so that’s not an issue.

Poly studio is larger and has a bit more room in the living area. It also has 2 sinks as well as the 2 showers where VGF has 1 bathroom sink although it also has 2 showers. One other thing as a DVC member is that unless you are there during a pool hopping blackout period you can hop to the GF/VGF pools but Poly pools do not allow pool hopping.

Really, you can't go wrong with either though!

If I'm not mistaken, members can still hop to the GF pool but you can only use the Poly pool of you're staying there.

I'm trying to decide between the same two for my September trip. My understanding is that there are better bathroom facilities at Poly (2 separate showers, I think). And you can walk directly to the Epcot monorail via the TTC from Poly, whereas VCF necessitates 2 monorails. Anyone have more tips?

Poly has always been THE location for getting to MK and Epcot easily. Being able to walk over to TTC is great although with the changes to security you do not get funneled thru that and then have to go thru the Epcot security again but you'd get that taking the monorail too.

Last edited:
Doesn't the VGF studio also have a split bathroom? Toilet/Shower and Sink/Shower? The toilet/shower combo can use the sink just outside the door.

VGF has a split bathroom yes. But Poly Studios habe 2 full bathrooms (minus the second toilet.) So Poly Studios have two places to shower and get ready with the VGF Studios has one.

If I'm not mistaken, members can still hop to the GF pool but you can only use the Poly pool of you're staying there.

You can use the GF pool while staying at the Poly? My daughter wanted to use the splash pad at GF while we were at the Poly an I told her no. WHat are the exact details. Beach pool, main pool, splash pad, what's allowed?

VGF has a split bathroom yes. But Poly Studios habe 2 full bathrooms (minus the second toilet.) So Poly Studios have two places to shower and get ready with the VGF Studios has one.

You can use the GF pool while staying at the Poly? My daughter wanted to use the splash pad at GF while we were at the Poly an I told her no. WHat are the exact details. Beach pool, main pool, splash pad, what's allowed?

VGF also has 2 showers. It only has 1 sink.

As I also mentioned above yes, you can hop to either of the VGF/GF pools from any DVC stay except during the pool hopping blackout periods.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/recreation-relaxation/pools/

How it Works
Swim, slide, splash, play and lounge—with several unique pool options to suit your style.

When staying on your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort at Walt Disney World Resort or at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, you and any Guests staying with you are permitted to take advantage of complimentary alternative pool use, which provides access to:

• The pool or pools at the Disney Vacation Club Resort where you are staying
  • Select pools at Disney Vacation Club Resorts
  • Select pools at Walt Disney World Resort hotels
Note: Capacity limits and blockout dates apply. To find out about pool-access availability, please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the Resort you wish to visit.

You must present your MagicBand or valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card to use the other Resort hotel pools.

Know Before You Go
View details about capacity limits, blockout dates, excluded pools and more.

Capacity Limitations

If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that Resort hotel. Please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the Resort you wish to visit before you go to find out about pool-access availability.

Blockout Dates

Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time due to capacity limitations. Due to the high occupancy that is expected, you and your overnight guests may not pool hop during the following dates:

• Friday, May 25, 2018 through Monday, May 28, 2018
  • Sunday, July 1, 2018 through Saturday, July 7, 2018
  • Friday, August 31, 2018 through Monday, September 3, 2018
  • Monday, November 19, 2018 through Saturday, November 24, 2018
  • Friday, December 21, 2018 through Wednesday, January 2, 2019
As a reminder, please be mindful of the limited number of pool chairs available, and refrain from leaving towels or personal items on unoccupied pool chairs.

Important Information

• Pool hopping is not available at the following pools—with no exceptions to this policy:
    • Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
    • Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
    • Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney's Beach Club Resorts
    • The leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas
    • The Lava Pool and leisure pool at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
    • The Copper Creek Springs Pool at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
    • The pools at Disney's Art of Animation Resort
    • Boulder Ridge Cove Pool at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Other restricted dates than those listed above may be added based on projected pool capacity or maintenance needs.
  • Alternative pool use is subject to change or discontinuation at the sole discretion of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.
  • Complimentary alternative pool use (pool hopping) is not considered a Membership Extra. This benefit is offered to all Disney Vacation Club Members, regardless of how they purchased.

VGF also has 2 showers. It only has 1 sink.

I've never understood why some resorts have 2 sinks, but some have only one. Even the value studios at AKV have 2 sinks. Yet, VGF and BCV, which cost more in points, only have one sink in their bathrooms. A small thing, but noticeable if you have multiple people trying to get ready at the same time

I've never understood why some resorts have 2 sinks, but some have only one. Even the value studios at AKV have 2 sinks. Yet, VGF and BCV, which cost more in points, only have one sink in their bathrooms. A small thing, but noticeable if you have multiple people trying to get ready at the same time

I know that Jambo does because that's what it had when it was hotel rooms. I think it was the first wdw DVC studio to have them wasn't it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter