Pop Century Room Renovations

They said if you want service during the stay, they will charge your account $15.

I don't have enough caffeine to process this . . .So if you want housekeeping one day out of your trip, they give you the gift cards for the entire stay, and then back charge you the $15 on your folio for the one day of housekeeping? Or do they give you the gift cards for the 9 out of 10 days and then charge an additional $15 besides? They aren't charging more than your room rate for any day with housekeeping, right?

Gotta get some caffeine . . .:coffee:

Ok so as much as it may be wishful thinking today is the 24th, anyone else eagerly awaiting someone to post that they are in the 90's??! :genie:

I do! I want to stay in building 9 in three weeks, this needs to happen lol!

I already plan to call as soon has building 9 is reported open and I'll also fax a request AND will also check-in in person.

checking in on Thursday, deliberately booked standard pool view and requested 80's and 90's for second choice. Fingers crossed.......

We just got back. Ended up in a refurbished room. We liked it a lot but I have to say that when you have teenagers who sleep later than you do it would be nice to have a table to sit at to read or eat. I really disliked not having a permanent table. Also, one night we came home and there were bugs in our bed. We freaked and called down and the manager and an exterminator came up and did a thorough check for bed bugs. They didn't find anything (I killed the ones we saw immediately) but I said I wasn't comfortable sleeping there. The manager David was great and he moved us to a Finding Nemo suite at the Art of Animation. The extra room and location to the pool and front desk area was great.

All in all it was a great trip but we won't be stating at POP again. Just not our style.
Bed bugs? Or what kind of bugs?

I decided to try for a refurbished room after I had already done online checkin and put in my usual lake view, high floor request. The online system won't save my request change to 90's or 80's room. So I called, and got a CM who insists that they always fill the refurbed rooms first so I don't need to request that! I may try again later.

I decided to try for a refurbished room after I had already done online checkin and put in my usual lake view, high floor request. The online system won't save my request change to 90's or 80's room. So I called, and got a CM who insists that they always fill the refurbed rooms first so I don't need to request that! I may try again later.

Definitely try again later.

Do fax the hotel directly, a CM over the phone told me 2 month ago tha NO REFURBISH of any kind was going on at Pop Century o_O

Just fyi.. with new rooms comes issues... still being fixed that can be annoying. Our bathroom door hasn't closed and now the 2nd day they still haven't fixed it after promising last night they would do so today. They're the pocket doors and ours will not close. Then last night we were locked out of room for 25 minutes cause keypad didn't work at all. New rooms are the furthest from lobby so we called and after first time being on hold 10 minutes, then being disconnected, we called back and person came to room. Entry also didn't work for him but after little it started to light again. Guessing bad battery. He tried bathroom door and couldn't close either. He promised next day the bathroom door would be fixed and check the keypad. It was annoying waiting outside while being on hold and transferred around on phone, exhausted after long day in park. Then tonight when we returned, I called again since door not fixed and they said didn't know when would be fixed..ugh. I told them I expected it tomorrow.

Just fyi.. with new rooms comes issues... still being fixed that can be annoying. Our bathroom door hasn't closed and now the 2nd day they still haven't fixed it after promising last night they would do so today. They're the pocket doors and ours will not close. Then last night we were locked out of room for 25 minutes cause keypad didn't work at all. New rooms are the furthest from lobby so we called and after first time being on hold 10 minutes, then being disconnected, we called back and person came to room. Entry also didn't work for him but after little it started to light again. Guessing bad battery. He tried bathroom door and couldn't close either. He promised next day the bathroom door would be fixed and check the keypad. It was annoying waiting outside while being on hold and transferred around on phone, exhausted after long day in park. Then tonight when we returned, I called again since door not fixed and they said didn't know when would be fixed..ugh. I told them I expected it tomorrow.

I'm sorry you're having these issues...especially with a refurbished room where everything should be new and working. My advice is to go to the front desk and ask for the manager. Any time you call the resort -- even when pushing the "front desk" button on the in-room phone -- your call is directed to a call center that's not even on property. The CM's you talk to may or may not forward your call or information to the appropriate party. If you go to the front desk in person and ask for the manager, you'll most likely get better service.

I'm sorry you're having these issues...especially with a refurbished room where everything should be new and working. My advice is to go to the front desk and ask for the manager. Any time you call the resort -- even when pushing the "front desk" button on the in-room phone -- your call is directed to a call center that's not even on property. The CM's you talk to may or may not forward your call or information to the appropriate party. If you go to the front desk in person and ask for the manager, you'll most likely get better service.

Yes I will definitely do that if not fixed tomorrow. Too lazy to go all way there now and all cleaned and showered lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter