Pop Century Room Renovations

So I stopped by the front desk again, asked about bus timing again, specifically HS for the next morning (opens at 9am). She consults the same handy pamphlet, notes the "45 min before park opens" clause and says 8:15am. I say, what if you have a PPO ADR for 8:15am? She says, let me double check with a manager. She does and then says for all PPO ADRs, there is a 6:45am bus.

I will give her SOME credit. At least she admitted to a PPO bus. Some refuse to even admit that and still stick with the "buses start 1 hour before park opening" line.

I don’t think she had any idea what she was talking about.

100% this! :thumbsup2

Ditto to both of the above quotes. Maybe they have a bunch of new CM's at the resort. We've taken a bus more than 1 hour before park opening on numerous occasions (without having a PPO ADR). I would bet my house that if you show up at the bus stops at 6:30-6:45 a.m. there will be plenty of other people there (not as many as will be there at 8:00...but still dozens of people) and there will be buses arriving...and there will probably be bus arrival times listed on the boards. When you get on a bus today (any bus), ask the bus driver what time the buses start running in the morning. I know bus drivers get a bad rap for having incorrect information about a lot of tings, but I think they're pretty accurate with their "what time do the buses start running" information. I've heard numerous drivers announce that they start picking up at the resorts around 6:30 a.m.

Last edited:
Yes but the poster I quoted stated they’re from Canada. I was sharing my experience as a fellow Canadian.
Which is why I specified American guests. Not everyone knows they can possibly skip the front desk if they have already received their room number, set up room charging, don't need to set MB pins or have other needs.

Ditto to both of the above quotes. Maybe they have a bunch of new CM's at the resort. We've taken a bus more than 1 hour before park opening on numerous occasions (without having a PPO ADR). I would bet my house that if you show up at the bus stops at 6:30-6:45 a.m. there will be plenty of other people there (not as many as will be there at 8:00...but still dozens of people) and there will be buses arriving...and there will probably be bus arrival times listed on the boards. When you get on a bus today (any bus), ask the bus driver what time the buses start running in the morning. I know bus drivers get a bad rap for having incorrect information about a lot of tings, but I think they're pretty accurate with their "what time do the buses start running" information. I've heard numerous drivers announce that they start picking up at the resorts around 6:30 a.m.
Yup, followed the advice of the experts on this board and showed up at the bus stop around 7:40. Caught a bus at 7:46, apparently there was one at 7:15 also. Thanks everyone for filling me in on your first hand experiences!

About the buses: we had 2 PPOs, one 7am EMH and one RD and we took the bus every time. It was fine. Never waited more than 5 minutes. I was fully prepared to take a Lyft and we never needed to.

So I stopped by the front desk again, asked about bus timing again, specifically HS for the next morning (opens at 9am). She consults the same handy pamphlet, notes the "45 min before park opens" clause and says 8:15am. I say, what if you have a PPO ADR for 8:15am? She says, let me double check with a manager. She does and then says for all PPO ADRs, there is a 6:45am bus. I ask if that is the only bus that early, and she says either the 6:45am or the 8:15am bus. Quite the range, I would say. She also notes that they might check to see if you do in fact have a PPO ADR that morning before they let you board the bus. Why would they care if you had a PPO ADR or not, you're just using the resort transportation to get you there in time for rope drop???

I give up.

If she needs to look at a book for bus times, she probably just doesn't know. The book probably doesn't say they open the touch points at DHS 30 minutes early either. Ask Terri the concierge if she's there. She's been there since Pop opened, she'd be able to give you better info. She's awesome saved my rear in November when I forgot my MVMCP tickets at home.

I thought on a previous page a poster reported that there didn't appear to be any work being done in Building 6 and that housekeeping carts were now there.
Yes you're quite right but the exact same day someone posted on the normal Pop information thread that she was there and the 60's section was still under construction.

I've asked for anyone who is there now and has time to please take a walk around buildings 5 and 6 and provide an update. We don't want to provide an update to post 2 if the information isn't correct. A number of people arriving soon are relying on that information to decide on what area/room to request so I want to ensure it's correct before updating the master post.

Personally I hope building 6 is completely open as I've already gone in and updated my TP room request based on the info provided Saturday. We arrive late next week so am hoping someone is able to provide updated information in the next couple of days. :)

I don't know the if this applies to the bus/book/ppo issue but .....

Just so folks know, Disney College Program participants also work at the resorts, in all areas including the front desk. Spring program just started about ten days ago so if you are traveling now you will likely be helped throughout the resorts and parks by young people; some having a job for the first time, doing something very new to them .............. with minimal training. It's pretty much learn on the job, and if they aren't used to the style, the hours, the customer interaction .... it can be difficult and overwhelming for those there for the right reasons.

So at this point in time, if I think they may be DCP I try to give them a break and at times help them along. One January trip a guest asked a clearly green young man in custodial in Epcot by Test Track where something was. I saw his deer in headlights look as he pulled out his map to help them. I realize that many of these kids have never even been to Disney, unlike mine who grew up there .......... so I stepped up and gave them perfect directions to get there, as he listened closely. He thanked me profusely and said it was his second week. We chatted a moment and I hope I left him a little bit more confident. I know from experience (DD was a "hopper" and trained in many areas) while he was trained for custodial he probably was taught nothing about his park other than his work boundaries.

So while I don't know if this CM was in this category, the fact that she checked a book makes me think she was or at least new and trying.

We normally arrive at the parks at least an hour early and always take Disney buses.

Even so, the CM that poster encountered confirmed the information with a manager. Manager can't be excused for not knowing actual bus information.

Wasn't my point.

I never said anything to let the manage off the hook. Never mentioned manager.

But at least the front line person got a manager, often longer employees won't do that.

One reason is they are never to admit they don't know ... which leads to some making stuff up.

I'm one of the first to be frustrated by full timers not knowing their job. My post wasn't about them.

The reason I did not quote anyone ............ my point was to share about the DCP program,
and how it may impact your stay and hopefully folks will be slightly more understanding
of the young people there to learn ...... and most of them having just started days ago.

Odds are most on here know 10x more than those young people know, so maybe share & guide.

Thanks so much for confirming @SaintsManiac! We will update post 2. Greatly appreciate your help!

May I ask, did you happen to notice if it appears that all of building 5 is now closed or are portions of it open?

It looks like all of 5 is closed. And it is pretty loud, too. Just a heads up for anyone in rooms near there.

Thanks so much! We've requested a room facing building 5 but we don't tend to sleep in nor are we in our room during the day so we should be okay with the noise.

Appreciate your help with the updates @SaintsManiac !! We'll go ahead and update Post 2.

I am standing next to building 6 right now. I walked completely around it. Again today there are housekeepers on every floor. There aren’t any notices on any windows and no construction going on at all. It looks done to me.
Thank you! Been hoping it would be complete before next weekend. Thanks again for checking and updating everyone :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter