Pop Century Room Renovations

We are staying late may in a preferred pool view room I hope the 60s will be done by then.
At least a portion of the rooms will be done by then as the first section of preferred pool view rooms closed in mid-December. I’m thinking you should be okay for a refurbished preferred pool view room as they will either be done all of them or, the refurbished ones open and the other section closed for refurb.

So sounds like I can assume I will be in building 4 for my preferred pool view beginning February 10. Doesn’t sound like I will get a refurbished room.

We stayed at Pop in two connecting rooms last March and are returning for a summer trip this July. DH and I are excited about the new rooms (this will be a surprise trip for the kids)! I am crossing my fingers we can get rooms in 50’s bldg 3, third floor again and that the renovations will be complete. This was such a nice and quiet section with lake and fireworks views and still an easy walk to Classic Hall :thumbsup2.

Came back to something interesting in the room today. A leaflet titled “Resort Room Refresh” that says, in part “In an ongoing effort to enhance our facilities for your continued enjoyment, some pieces of your Guest room are currently being refreshed. Cast Members will be conducting this work Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm.”

I am in a new room in building 7. I don’t have any unreasonable wear in the room. Not sure what they could be replacing.

Came back to something interesting in the room today. A leaflet titled “Resort Room Refresh” that says, in part “In an ongoing effort to enhance our facilities for your continued enjoyment, some pieces of your Guest room are currently being refreshed. Cast Members will be conducting this work Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm.”

I am in a new room in building 7. I don’t have any unreasonable wear in the room. Not sure what they could be replacing.

That is interesting. Please keep us posted if you noticed anything changed or "refreshed".

Somebody mentioned that soap dispensers were added to their Pop room today or yesterday in a different thread. Could that be it?

That is interesting! I wonder if you’ll notice what they change, if they change anything in your room. Please keep us posted.

Somebody mentioned that soap dispensers were added to their Pop room today or yesterday in a different thread. Could that be it?

I still have the same bar of soap I have been using all week, sitting in the same dish, but liquid would be nice. Not sure that would require a notice though, unless they want to cover their bases for those who declined housekeeping (I did not decline it).

I seem to remember hearing that they might install shampoo and conditioner dispensers in the shower rather than use the small bottles. Can’t remember if this was at Pop though or other resorts.

Oh boy. This could get interesting.
popcorn::

Yep. There was a thread awhile back. Was there a trial run at another resort? I can't remember. Lots of opinions on those shampoo dispensers though.

Yes there was. That thread was just a precursor to the "dog" and now the "No more Do Not Disturb Sign" threads. So I am very interested to hear what this is about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter